Jun 28, 2020
Share some of the images maybe? If I liked them enough personally I could at least contribute to the cutting out. I keep thinking that part of what the game is really lacking is more uniqueness to the slaves themselves. To me at least, every slave is basically identical.
Well I could show some progress I guess

Here are some pics that already got some stuff done, background removal, object removal, etc
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Here, some pics are out of camera or something is obstructing part of the girl and must be reconstructed, sometimes it can be done

Here are some that miss a slit or they are censored by something like a black/white line or by the square censoring, the later I think I can solve them at some degree using deepcreampy, but when it comes to drawing stuff, more specifically placing vaginal slits and nipples, I really can't do much, I fucking suck at that, it sounds so simple but placing those without looking unnatural is really hard

Here are some examples that need background removal, which is not really hard, it's more time consuming that anything and I don't have much trouble with that

There are some pics that could be good to go if clothes were removed and nipples and vaginas were put in place, but like I said before, that's kinda hard, at least for me, I lack the experience doing this kind of stuff and there aren't that many tutorials in youtube on how to nudify an anime girl. Tried to use some AI to nudify and didn't got good results.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Thanks. Dev build has been updated with the alchemy fix and several other fixes and tweaks. Notably -- reputation increases in guild auction were broken, end of decade billing now applies barn profits/losses before determining if you ran out of sparks, small mood penalty added to shackles, work-in-progress rebalancing of ingredient costs (they've been reduced a bit), fixed the bad mood increasing bruises issue, tweaked barn and prisoner diets/calories, made all slave roles use the same calorie system as the primary slave so if you swap them around, the modeling should work out the same, made farmhand and assistant use either spawn semen (if available and they have a fiend tattoo) or fresh food, made farmhand automatically exercise daily to gain endurance up to A+, and some other miscellany.

Some analysis on profitability ... the barn can be quite profitable with just an egglayer, barely profitable with a good cow if you're selling the milk and feeding her standard diet (much better if you feed her spawn semen), and run at a loss if you have a less than good cow or you're also feeding a pig that you don't actually plan to slaughter. I haven't analyzed the pig profit/expenses ratio recently, so it's possible that it's inherently unprofitable at the moment. If anyone has any data on that feel free to share. You can also further boost barn income if you have more than one egglayer; any wombs you don't need (assistant, slave) can be repurposed into spark factories. You can also make them lactate, but eggs are an entirely passive income stream...
Should egglaying provide some pain or pleasure? Determined by her vaginal and fisting skills.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Never mind the values, I mannually assigned them for testing.
Rosa's income details and the 'letter' or 'message' system I said before will use this ui form too. Events which are not necessary to be displayed repeatedly will be recorded in this way with 'silent_rule'.
1.png

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
Well I could show some progress I guess

Here are some pics that already got some stuff done, background removal, object removal, etc

Here, some pics are out of camera or something is obstructing part of the girl and must be reconstructed, sometimes it can be done

Here are some that miss a slit or they are censored by something like a black/white line or by the square censoring, the later I think I can solve them at some degree using deepcreampy, but when it comes to drawing stuff, more specifically placing vaginal slits and nipples, I really can't do much, I fucking suck at that, it sounds so simple but placing those without looking unnatural is really hard

Here are some examples that need background removal, which is not really hard, it's more time consuming that anything and I don't have much trouble with that

There are some pics that could be good to go if clothes were removed and nipples and vaginas were put in place, but like I said before, that's kinda hard, at least for me, I lack the experience doing this kind of stuff and there aren't that many tutorials in youtube on how to nudify an anime girl. Tried to use some AI to nudify and didn't got good results.
Hm, in general these seem pretty damn good. Though on the topic of 'nudifying', I've been saying for a while that for myself Jack is lacking a lot in uniqueness for individual girls and a lot of that is in the complete lack of clothing. Don't really think full nudity is necessary, but I suppose it's a consistency thing and too late to really change now.

Maybe just the different races would help with that anyway.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Pushed another small update for the dev build. Refinement of the eating out vs. eating at home mechanics.

Completed my cost/benefit analysis of ingredient pricing for A+ and S+ meals vs. pub/restaurant/club. Current prices are balanced. There are good trade-offs (with opportunities to min-max but not necessary). S+ meals on average are a bit more expensive ingredient-wise than A+ meals. Vegetarian diets are a bit more expensive. Barn produce and slaughtering your own meat makes home cooking more cost-competitive with pub and restaurant. The pub remains a good deal up to A+ master strength, although min-maxers can theoretically save 10$/decade on a tightly controlled diet of non-vegetarian A+ recipes. The restaurant is almost always the best choice for a meal when circumstances permit, due to the benefits for the slave (unless already maxed endurance and devotion and mood and does not need extra calories the next day), but for the master alone, the gentlemen's club offers the same (and more) benefits as the restaurant and is also a great way to save sparks vs. home cooking (more accurately, offset the cost of living expenses necessary to be a member). The only time it's not beneficial to eat at the club instead of at home is if you ate / will eat at a restaurant on the same day and want to save energy (just a half star with Bull Ring).

It can be beneficial to prepare food at home even if you don't intend to eat it yourself - if your slave is at least dutiful, is not proud, is euphoric or ecstatic, and has the leftover rule enabled, they will be delighted to eat an entire meal, and if it is of high enough quality, they will become a tiny bit more devoted also. On the other hand, this has the potential to spoil them if done too often. A less devoted slave in the same situation will be even more spoiled in this case. Either way, eating your entire dinner will give the slave some extra calories the next day, which can also be useful at times. This of course means you are spending the full cost of a meal for the benefit of the slave.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Should egglaying provide some pain or pleasure? Determined by her vaginal and fisting skills.
Maybe. Egglaying sets the vaginal tightness of the slave to "relaxed" like high-level fisting does. If it was not already that way, we could apply a pain moodlet etc. On the other hand, maybe harpy wombs provide an orgasmic egg-birthing experience. Or maybe it should depend on the slave's masochism and/or perversion and/or arousal. Not sure.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
In testing I discovered that I swapped the order of two parameters in one line of code and silently broke the entire calorie counting system. Pushed an update just now to fix it.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Maybe. Egglaying sets the vaginal tightness of the slave to "relaxed" like high-level fisting does. If it was not already that way, we could apply a pain moodlet etc. On the other hand, maybe harpy wombs provide an orgasmic egg-birthing experience. Or maybe it should depend on the slave's masochism and/or perversion and/or arousal. Not sure.
I was just thinking, if there weren't more choices about whether to make her a harpy, the fiend tattoo is quite useless in comparison.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
To avoid the parasite, the fiend tattoo isn't the only choice, turning her infertile in different ways is okay as well.
But a harpy can lay eggs, so a harpy is better unless being pregnant (by human) isn't a bad result.
Fiend tattoo for 30$ prevents refresh of two negative moodlets normally caused by eating spawn semen and protects from parasites. If it saves you 10 spa visits or 15 hot springs trips or throughout training to make up for the mood debuffs, it pays for itself.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I meant in the game, like what are the benefits
1) A challenge mission in the forum unlocks when you have 15k$ and B+ rep
2) A unique NPC if you play with Johny or his avatar in custom start
3) Can rent the apartment in White Town
4) Can buy any apartment that you have access to

Reactions: azzfd

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Designs on selling the potion.
1, Price
Different from the cost for you to brew the potions, it's not difficult for you to train a skilled witchdoctor, but for others, buying a witchdoctor then rent a lab is rather less worthwhile, buying potions directly is a better choice, even if there is a premium on the potions' price.
This is the basic idea of earning profits from selling potions. Basic prices of potions shown below.(subject to change)
Nectar, Elixir, Balm, Aphrodisiac, PAphrodisiac, Philtre, Lethe.
10, 15, 20, 20, 40, 50, 100

2, Buyer Type
There're three tiers of buyers: ordinary residents, richmen, patricians.
They differs from each other preference on potions and the quantities of purchasing.
Ordinary residents are more likely to buy Nectar, Elixir and Balm, less likely to buy Philtre and Lethe. And they buy less quantities of potions.
Patricians may have already own some witchdoctors, they don't lack of simple potions, so they are more fond of Philtre and Lethe, and in a large quantities.
Newly researched potions are mainly prepared for richmen and patricans.
Preference (weight): (subject to change)
Residents:5, 5, 5, 2, 2, 0, 0
Richmen: 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 2, 2
Patricians:0, 0, 0, 3, 3, 5, 5

3, Buyer Numbers
They are influenced by your fame. Brand reputation, Guild reputation and Faction fame. (As I said before, to let players clearly feel they are becoming famous.)
There're two plans, plan A is to motivate players to focus on faction fame in one district, and finish at least one noble's quest soon. Rosa doesn't choose customers, selling potions to all of them.
Faction fame 1: few residents.
Faction fame 2: many residents and few richmen.
Faction fame 3: many residents and more richmen, few patricians.
Faction fame 4 and over: many residents and richmen, more patricians.

Plan B is to motivate players to increase more faction fame in different districts, then consider the nobles' quests. As your faction fame rises, Rosa chooses her customers, selling potions to the most suitable ones.
Faction fame 1: many residents.
Faction fame 2: few residents and many richmen.
Faction fame 3: few richmen and few patricians.
Faction fame 4 and over: many patricians.

To control the income, I just need to adjust the exact quantities of their purchasing. Any ideas on it?

4, New potions
In their AI system, I used an action-point idea, determined by their stamina with some bonuses.
Take magic assistant as instance.
Researching potions, assisting on modifications will consume her action points, the rest is used to brew potions, which means if I keep on researching new potions, during the researching, total sums of potions for sale will be less, thus earning less money.

But after you finished the researching, potions which can be sold to patricians will be more. Plan B should earn more than plan A, because magic assistant's action points are mainly used in brewing expensive potions rather than all.

Edit: 5, Process
Calculate numbers of different kinds of buyers.
A simple loop to determine which potions patricians will buy, and how much.
Take richmen as a whole, use pseudo numbers to determine which and how much. (Stop using loops)
Take residents as a whole...........
Compare Rosa's inventory to customers' needs, sell what you have to them. (You can't simply meet all customers' demands)

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020
I've gone back and forth on it a few times. If you go by what is shown in the item picture, they do look somewhat uncomfortable at least (no padding), so I suppose they do merit a small mood penalty in general. Maybe half a level of mood per shackle pair, so if you wear on both hands and legs it drops mood by one level.
I just found something pretty relevant to this... somehow when I equip the slave with the shackles, she gets a mood boost for each one... I have no idea how because it was working as intended with the other slaves

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Designs on selling the potion.
1, Price
Different from the cost for you to brew the potions, it's not difficult for you to train a skilled witchdoctor, but for others, buying a witchdoctor then rent a lab is rather less worthwhile, buying potions directly is a better choice, even if there is a premium on the potions' price.
This is the basic idea of earning profits from selling potions. Basic prices of potions shown below.(subject to change)
Nectar, Elixir, Balm, Aphrodisiac, PAphrodisiac, Philtre, Lethe.
10, 15, 20, 20, 40, 50, 100

2, Buyer Type
There're three tiers of buyers: ordinary residents, richmen, patricians.
They differs from each other preference on potions and the quantities of purchasing.
Ordinary residents are more likely to buy Nectar, Elixir and Balm, less likely to buy Philtre and Lethe. And they buy less quantities of potions.
Patricians may have already own some witchdoctors, they don't lack of simple potions, so they are more fond of Philtre and Lethe, and in a large quantities.
Newly researched potions are mainly prepared for richmen and patricans.
Preference (weight): (subject to change)
Residents:5, 5, 5, 2, 2, 0, 0
Richmen: 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 2, 2
Patricians:0, 0, 0, 3, 3, 5, 5
I agree with your thinking here. I will add that if Rosa is selling potions, others must be also. Competition will limit prices that customers are willing to pay. Compete on price, and quality, and efficiency in completing orders. Consider involving the player more actively in the process -- an order is accepted, with a deadline. To meet it, the player must help. Succeed and grow business reputation, more customer interest. Fail and get blacklisted, lose progress, maybe temporary lockout from a district. Business reputation being a new concept here - you need faction fame (existing) to gain access to buyers, but to impress them and make progress requires business fame. Maybe?

3, Buyer Numbers
They are influenced by your fame. Brand reputation, Guild reputation and Faction fame. (As I said before, to let players clearly feel they are becoming famous.)
There're two plans, plan A is to motivate players to focus on faction fame in one district, and finish at least one noble's quest soon. Rosa doesn't choose customers, selling potions to all of them.
Faction fame 1: few residents.
Faction fame 2: many residents and few richmen.
Faction fame 3: many residents and more richmen, few patricians.
Faction fame 4 and over: many residents and richmen, more patricians.
Makes sense.

Plan B is to motivate players to increase more faction fame in different districts, then consider the nobles' quests. As your faction fame rises, Rosa chooses her customers, selling potions to the most suitable ones.
Faction fame 1: many residents.
Faction fame 2: few residents and many richmen.
Faction fame 3: few richmen and few patricians.
Faction fame 4 and over: many patricians.

To control the income, I just need to adjust the exact quantities of their purchasing. Any ideas on it?
Work backwards from the total amount of income you want the system to provide. I suggest aiming for it to approximately covers its expenses with perhaps 100 - 200 sparks profit. That's in line with other income sources at the moment.

4, New potions
In their AI system, I used an action-point idea, determined by their stamina with some bonuses.
Take magic assistant as instance.
Researching potions, assisting on modifications will consume her action points, the rest is used to brew potions, which means if I keep on researching new potions, during the researching, total sums of potions for sale will be less, thus earning less money.

But after you finished the researching, potions which can be sold to patricians will be more. Plan B should earn more than plan A, because magic assistant's action points are mainly used in brewing expensive potions rather than all.
Essentially investing for long-term gain. Requires the player to have reserves/savings from elsewhere to cover the short-term deficit.

High-level thought is that this entire system is ultimately just a fancy new pony race or arena battle. It's a recurring income source.

I think we need to explore the concept of rivals and antagonists. At the moment not much happens unless the player initiates it. We want the game to do things spontaneously, so the player has to react and adapt. Reached B+ guild rep? A rival appears, challenging you to trade slaves with him every decade and see who can make their slave reach B+ first. Or something like that... Maybe a rival sees you with Rosa and wants to take her for a spin. Refuse and something might happen... etc.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I just found something pretty relevant to this... somehow when I equip the slave with the shackles, she gets a mood boost for each one... I have no idea how because it was working as intended with the other slaves
In 2.2.2, when you equip the shackles, it will reveals that the slave has the "loves helplessness" trait. In 2.2.1, the shackles had the mood bonus but did not reveal the trait.

Jun 28, 2020
Hm, in general these seem pretty damn good. Though on the topic of 'nudifying', I've been saying for a while that for myself Jack is lacking a lot in uniqueness for individual girls and a lot of that is in the complete lack of clothing. Don't really think full nudity is necessary, but I suppose it's a consistency thing and too late to really change now.

Maybe just the different races would help with that anyway.
There are some slaves in the game that have some sort of clothing, but yeah, those are more of an exception to the rule, having fully clothed slaves would feel weird, even if it's just underwear

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Ahh that's why, but I thought that I was using the 2.2.2... is the L patch up to date? maybe I just confused the links
You need to get the dev version from github. Download links are on the wiki:

Just updated in fact... found a bug in the meat price formula, added a cost breakdown to the barn report, tweaked egglayer and pig fattening speed/cost, added unavoidable endurance decline for pig. Pig needs a bit more thought to prevent the calories necessary to make it profitable from also being exploitable if you take the pig out for training. Pig meals are cheaper by necessity, which means more calories cheaper. The endurance decline (because cheaper food is unhealthy) isn't really enough to compensate for that.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes