Vulgi

Jul 3, 2017
I tried to play the game a few times .. but as a non english native speaker it´s way to complicated .. half the time i don´t know what and why things are happening xD

mby next you consider language patches ^^

Reactions: Kaito Sudzuki

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I have installed the newest updates of Visual C++ but the error is still comming.
Look at the "Installation" section in the first post

The game is absolutely amazing, just one problem that has never been addressed.
Each 'character' should either have their own model, or unique sex scenes made for each one.

I mean, I bet there would be people willing to pay a Patreon, to hire artists to commission such art, or to pay any developer to create unique models and do the scenes.
Gameplay wise, the game is awesome. But the pics... =/
It was mentionned plenty of time ^^ But that's just how the game is made.

When you try to scout all of the internet for representation of all the game lessons, SFW and sexual... It's already hair pulling how little usable art there's available. Before working on the game, I'd picture hentai pictures of footjob for a milf with short brown hair would be legions, well no. So imagine for all the variety of art and slaves? There's currently thousands pictures in the game... For sure there wouldn't be enough available pictures one virtual character.

As for patreons, it would need an absurd amount of money and time to make it "full commisions", and when I tried to make one Patreon banned it anyway (bestiality, beating and rape were mentionned in their banning message).

A guy tried to make a mod that would put manga characters have their own scenes with only them. I even offered to help. He seemed very motivated. But we got no news from him and that was a year ago.

If one day a guy wants to make a mod with unique slaves, I'll help him gather quality art. But I wouldn't have too much hope.

Besides... The game in its current state has nice art. Some people get butthurt over it being "stolen" on a piracy friendly site :4Head:But really, it's a good portfolio of uncensored hentai and the criterias are specific enough so that the sex looks like your slave, depending on your suspension of disbelief. I wouldn't change it for the system of Slave Maker and Brothel King, which has art tied to every slave... But less sexual options and more inequal art quality.

But yeah, if I had a wish granted by a magic genie, I'd want the game to have unique commissioned art, it sure would be nice. But not a necessary condition to make the game visuals good in my opinion. Speaking of that, this department has been HUGELY improved since the original old huntsman version; several thousand of non-generic pictures, censorship removed, no weird gif loops with x-ray... So we've already brought the game's original concept to the best version of itself, it's something to enjoy :)

Reactions: Astriedax

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I tried to play the game a few times .. but as a non english native speaker it´s way to complicated .. half the time i don´t know what and why things are happening xD

mby next you consider language patches ^^
There's a Russian branch of the game :) With completely different art and features... But still

There's a Chinese (I think?) version in development as far as I know

Translating this game might take more time than learning English :KappaPride:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised to see the game got updated, but these changes make it sound even harder than it already was...
The game had been made easier too with some updates before, for certain things. For exemple, it used to be that gladiatrix lessons would be doable before a certain threshold of obedience. Now, if your slave has temperament and is smart enough, she might agree to do that day one, thinking that it's in her interest to listen to your instructions in the hope that she'll gain freedom sooner via fighting. Not mentionning how (realistically) OP we've made the nurse skill past a certain threshold. It also used to be that it was almost necessary to do the game with the wiki alongside, it's not the case anymore, as we've updated a lot of in-game informations and mechanics so it's more intuitive.

So there's that sweet balance that must come back. And there was something about survival becoming not even a question when you've set yourself a nice routine after the first few slaves sold. Veterans of the game found the game to offer challenge only in the beginning, and that was a reasonable critic. The game should offer a (fair) challenge until the end.

If you don't like that experience and that challenge, there's easy mode, and there are cheats, so no problems (y)

Astriedax

May 15, 2017
Look at the "Installation" section in the first post

It was mentionned plenty of time ^^ But that's just how the game is made.

When you try to scout all of the internet for representation of all the game lessons, SFW and sexual... It's already hair pulling how little usable art there's available. Before working on the game, I'd picture hentai pictures of footjob for a milf with short brown hair would be legions, well no. So imagine for all the variety of art and slaves? There's currently thousands pictures in the game... For sure there wouldn't be enough available pictures one virtual character.

As for patreons, it would need an absurd amount of money and time to make it "full commisions", and when I tried to make one Patreon banned it anyway (bestiality, beating and rape were mentionned in their banning message).

A guy tried to make a mod that would put manga characters have their own scenes with only them. I even offered to help. He seemed very motivated. But we got no news from him and that was a year ago.

If one day a guy wants to make a mod with unique slaves, I'll help him gather quality art. But I wouldn't have too much hope.

Besides... The game in its current state has nice art. Some people get butthurt over it being "stolen" on a piracy friendly site :4Head:But really, it's a good portfolio of uncensored hentai and the criterias are specific enough so that the sex looks like your slave, depending on your suspension of disbelief. I wouldn't change it for the system of Slave Maker and Brothel King, which has art tied to every slave... But less sexual options and more inequal art quality.

But yeah, if I had a wish granted by a magic genie, I'd want the game to have unique commissioned art, it sure would be nice. But not a necessary condition to make the game visuals good in my opinion. Speaking of that, this department has been HUGELY improved since the original old huntsman version; several thousand of non-generic pictures, censorship removed, no weird gif loops with x-ray... So we've already brought the game's original concept to the best version of itself, it's something to enjoy :)
I think the game is amazing as it's, the only thing missing are the arts.
As for patreon, perhaps releasing there with content removed that conflicts with their guidelines policy, but restored in other places, such as here through patches.

Yes, it would take a while, but... Well, one has to start from somewhere, right. Worst case scenario, if the patreon account to the game's improvement of art doesn't make enough money, you just leave it in your bank account, until it's absolutely sure the goal will never be met, then you can consider it as a gift to yourself, and kill the patreon page.
Hiring a single person to create many models and the scenes should be cheaper, though. Although very time-consuming for sure. We are talking about a few years development period, no doubt. Also, we would be able to see the progress as new content gets released.

If say the salary from a person is X, you could wait until Patreon makes the least 1 full month of said person salary, before hiring anybody. Once you get the money, you hire.
If the newer installment payment hasn't been met, you explain to people the costs of salary hasn't been met, therefore for X months there will be no new scenes in development. It's reasonable, and I believe many people would understand, but at first, some action needs to be made towards reaching this goal.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
As for patreon, perhaps releasing there with content removed that conflicts with their guidelines policy, but restored in other places, such as here through patches.
Well I doubt it strongly... Why not, it might be worth a try, but I have low hopes. And I'm kind of against butchering the game even more than it is currently; some people don't download patches at all (especially those who find it via different sources than F95zone, as the game gets immediately reposted on many websites)

Worst case scenario, if the patreon account to the game's improvement of art doesn't make enough money, you just leave it in your bank account, until it's absolutely sure the goal will never be met, then you can consider it as a gift to yourself, and kill the patreon page.
I feel people would give me shit for having a Patreon with a game that is not mine originally.

But aside from virtue... It's about realization. Do you see Old Huntsman Patreon page? Granted he has abandonned his game after a while, but he had both the international community AND the Russian community with him, and he never managed to get a livable sum of money...

Hiring a single person to create many models and the scenes should be cheaper, though. Although very time-consuming for sure. We are talking about a few years development period, no doubt.
I actually would love to hunt for the best available hentai artist and have them do the full game in their art style... Probably one of the artist whose content is already in the game, that's the dream!

But I doubt it's a realistic prospect that one guy agrees to devote his whole time to this game in exchange to what money this game could gather for now on. Some maths has to be done.

But... maybe it could start with one slave's content and be done one by one? Rule34 characters or original design. Yeah, I think I changed my mind since the beginning of writing this very post, it's actually a good idea. :KappaPride: I'll wait for other people opinions about it, but I'm ready to be convinced

Bowdel

Jul 3, 2017
Well, it's nice to see this game updated (i was fond of it some time ago) but I have a question: why do you keep focused on making a game known to be one of the hardest slave managers out there even harder ?

Sep 29, 2017
The game had been made easier too with some updates before, for certain things. For exemple, it used to be that gladiatrix lessons would be doable before a certain threshold of obedience. Now, if your slave has temperament and is smart enough, she might agree to do that day one, thinking that it's in her interest to listen to your instructions in the hope that she'll gain freedom sooner via fighting. Not mentionning how (realistically) OP we've made the nurse skill past a certain threshold. It also used to be that it was almost necessary to do the game with the wiki alongside, it's not the case anymore, as we've updated a lot of in-game informations and mechanics so it's more intuitive.

So there's that sweet balance that must come back. And there was something about survival becoming not even a question when you've set yourself a nice routine after the first few slaves sold. Veterans of the game found the game to offer challenge only in the beginning, and that was a reasonable critic. The game should offer a (fair) challenge until the end.

If you don't like that experience and that challenge, there's easy mode, and there are cheats, so no problems (y)
For me the game only became "Easy" once I was able to fund my wilds exploration reliably, and some assistant training of preferred captures in the background.
But I gotta say. I love it this game is getting TLC. I remember hgg and company had made changes over the years, and it is always refreshing to get a reason to play this again.
It has successfully overtaken the spot of what slavemaker3 used to be, and I couldn't be happier. Nothing really compares to this game.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: qwertyu12359

Gussifriz

Sep 11, 2018
Is there a real up to date wiki somewhere ? The only one I found is in poor state and barely covers 10% of the game or at least it seems so. I really need the guidance as the game content is huge and everything is quite confusing, not mentioning the base difficulty which is also pretty high. Never managed to actually "win" the game and it's already been years since I first played it, and trust me I tried.

[edit] : According to what I read, a 2.3 is not to be released anytime soon.. Why not putting some work on a really good wiki in the meantime ?

Zero2362

Feb 14, 2018
The most intuitive way you can think of. Try to think by yourself, how you'd increase your strength in real life.

Good food, and fighting against strong opponents
I understand you can exercise the slaves but I dont know how the PC exercises. I cant find amy option other than picking figts with slaves then killing them that would give the PC physical exertion. Is that really how you are supposed to stay in shape.

ExaltedMidget

Mar 22, 2018
can to lpatch be listed on another site anofiles is so blocked by nortan that there is no way to get on site all options to do so are blocked as well

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Well, it's nice to see this game updated (i was fond of it some time ago) but I have a question: why do you keep focused on making a game known to be one of the hardest slave managers out there even harder ?
Well think about how Dark Souls and even Elden Rings recently received patches to nerf weapons even though the game is one of the hardest out there.

As I said earlier, we made some parts of the game easier in many ways. So, yeah, we are not insisting on making the game harder, just to find the sweet spot of balance which is fair, intuitive and consistent :)

Is there a real up to date wiki somewhere ? The only one I found is in poor state and barely covers 10% of the game or at least it seems so. I really need the guidance as the game content is huge and everything is quite confusing, not mentioning the base difficulty which is also pretty high. Never managed to actually "win" the game and it's already been years since I first played it, and trust me I tried.

[edit] : According to what I read, a 2.3 is not to be released anytime soon.. Why not putting some work on a really good wiki in the meantime ?
Most up to date information is in the tutorial and updated descriptions.

The wiki, well, I've been maintining it for the past 3 years ^^ Now I'm counting on the community :)

I understand you can exercise the slaves but I dont know how the PC exercises. I cant find amy option other than picking figts with slaves then killing them that would give the PC physical exertion. Is that really how you are supposed to stay in shape.
Training in the colosseum, fighting at the fog...

StillSlyMarbo

Nov 7, 2018
You know, I've always wondered why this thread doesn't have a rape tag. Not really a complaint or anything, it would honestly make it easier for me to keep track of it...

JuanSinTierra

May 21, 2017
Dark Souls and even Elden Rings recently received patches to nerf weapons even though the game is one of the hardest out there.
There's a difference between the kind of difficulty (none of the dark souls nor Elden Ring is extremely difficult to be honest, they just work differently that other games and that makes people struggle at first, but let's assume for the sake or argument they are), that's a different kind of difficulty from that of a management game.

On the former, difficulty can be overcome in different ways, getting better at the game, or getting a better character, on the later, only getting a better character is the only option possible and you become better at the game by optimizing how you improve that character. If you constrict the variables to the point you have to always take the optimal route, or nearly optimal route in order to succeed, it becomes a puzzle game where you have to find a particular solution, not a simulator where you have to find 'a solution' among many, whether optimal or not.

Now, I don't know how much more difficult it is now the game, maybe the changes do not change the game that much. What I do remember was playing it years and years ago, and the biggest problem the game had (apart from one of the old devs hating pregnancy to point he made it part of the lore that pregnant slaves would be taken away) was that in the end the way you broke and trained most slaves ended up being the same, because the training itself already was made so that the actions you had to take were mostly the same in the same order, first because at the start going too soft would do nothing, going to hard would break them, and later because to get good rating there was a couple of stats that you needed to keep high since they were a pain in the ass to raise later. Finding that solution was fun, but as it happens with puzzles, once you have the solution the fun is gone.

Reactions: thkg

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
To everyone commenting about difficulty: have you actually tried the latest version?

If you do the same thing with two different slaves, you will see different results.

If you have a problem or a goal, there are multiple ways to achieve it.

If you want challenge, you can have it. If you don’t, you can have that too.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Try clicking on any attribute you want to change, and look at the help text…

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes