qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
The whole assistants gaining weight thing just got annoying after a while.
Well that maybe new ^^ I don't remember that change, I'll discuss it with ImperatorAugustus (y)

Did not play this game for a long time (since Hongfire ^^) with retry these versions with a great pleasure :)

Was the combat system reworked?
Lots of new things since HF days :) I hope you'll enjoy it

About the combat system... we didn't touch it too much. You might remember how 1.7.6 had (apparently) a lot of global quality changes but ended up beyond broken because the combat system was touched beyond repair, and therefore this version became forgotten in limbo.

We've made a few adjustments however. For exemple, balanced the weapons so they would have the intended effects, and be as good as their cost would let us think.

@qwertyu12359

Are you the Jack-o-nine-tails dev for real? If so, I just wanted to say I first played this game years ago, and it blew me away with how engaging it was. Must've spent a hundred hours on it atleast, if not more.

Without exageration, JONT is my benchmark for h-games.

Thanks!
The game has a convoluted history. :)

The original developer is Russian, he was called Old Huntsman, he abandoned the game in 2014 with v1.21.

Then the Hongfire community made new versions to it, up to 1.7.5.

The community died, and with it the interest for this game. In 2019, I started developing new versions for this game. I was not doing much inside the code and let hands more competent than me do 95% on the work there, while I would care about the visuals (backgrounds that wouldn't clash with the in-game descriptions, thousands of new sex scenes...), the audio (remade soundtrack using lossless sources, normalized sound effects...), and the game's balance (more intuitive, more realistic and less bullshity, with the will to keep it around the same difficulty as the original).

So there you go, though I wasn't alone, I've been the "developer" for the past three years. Since v2.0 to 2.2.1. And v2.2.2, you owe it ImperatorAugustusTertius.

I hope you'll enjoy the changes that have been done to it in years, it's different in many aspects, while retaining the original "aura" that the original game had.

Reactions: waffel and StJesuz

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Lots of new things since HF days :) I hope you'll enjoy it

About the combat system... we didn't touch it too much. You might remember how 1.7.6 had (apparently) a lot of global quality changes but ended up beyond broken because the combat system was touched beyond repair, and therefore this version became forgotten in limbo.

We've made a few adjustments however. For exemple, balanced the weapons so they would have the intended effects, and be as good as their cost would let us think.
when I was active it was the start of the barn and the combat module was commented in russian and ununderstandable, to give you an idea of the old era I did speak :D

But even in this state we had fun with this game, today such a game version would be delivered wiith some boxes of tissues for the poor crying players :rolleyes:

Reactions: qwertyu12359

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I hope? I found a bug?

I was wondering why my charisma was seemingly locked at -F rank, despite me renting what i thought was a fancy new house for a decently long time.

In other words. Your brand reputation going up is really bad and actively harms your charisma when it sounds like from the tooltip it should help your charisma.

So. My Anthill house with a luxury hallway (estate quality of 1+1) minus my B+ brand reputation (3) means the estate quality modifier is negative 1. Which means I am locked at -f rank... Even if I brought say a luxury bed room, to bring that up to zero. id STILL be locked at -f rank.... even though looking at the change log it feels like I should be able to get it to c-. My bad. now i know i need to buy more than just the hallway,and i didnt need to buy the expensive things. but...

I hope this all makes sense. I also hope i am reading the code correctly. I could simply be just wrong, and if so, please dont take any offence. Thanks for reading my massive wall of text!
The link to brand reputation reflects the idea that as you become more famous, your ambition is to reach the next level, not to be satisfied with what you already have. The quality of your home, and its location, and your standard of living, all play into this.

If you live in Serpentine, with B+ brand reputation, and you upgrade your standard of living to B+ (by default standard of living is Basic, C-, for Serpentine residence), and you upgraded your hall, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom, your personality attribute will stabilize at C-. If you stay with the C- basic standard of living, then personality will stabilize at D-. If you don't upgrade your home decor, then it will trend down towards F-.

As a perk if you have the amulet artifact from the forum, which boosts personality, then if your personality is already at least B+, it won't fall to a lower level than that, regardless of your living conditions. But the amulet alone won't increase your personality to that level, if your living conditions don't support it.

So, in short, living in Serpentine and taking all(*) available home upgrades plus raising standard of living means you can maintain at least C- personality level (as you expected), and B+ can be maintained if you have the amulet.

(*) If you have extended rentals, you could substitute upgrading some of them instead of the hall/bedroom/kitchen/bathroom (your choice) to achieve the necessary home decor level to maintain C- personality. Upgrading home decor in Serpentine beyond that won't let you reach above C- personality because the maximum standard of living there (B+) also limits you.

To maintain B+ personality without the amulet or to maintain personality above B+ (regardless of the amulet), you need to move to a better residence and upgrade it.

Last edited:

BillyTran

Nov 2, 2017
Can someone show me the quick way to cure sanity for slave? i already gave Boudoir, take her to golden cage, hot spring but she still dont cure

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
The whole assistants gaining weight thing just got annoying after a while.
Are you commenting on the current version or an earlier dev snapshot?

Physique changes for assistants (and farmhands, and other slaves) are now handled using the same system that applies to the slave. If you mostly ignore your assistant and farmhand, it's possible for them to gain weight. My experience was the opposite; I regularly use the assistant and farmhand to help with training or other activities, so it's actually more a case of limiting how much you can use them if you don't want them to lose too much weight. The consequences of an assistant being too slim aren't severe, just a bit less energy and lower mood, so it's not a strong disincentive to overwork them, but it's at least acknowledged.

If your play style is to ignore your farmhand, you might consider having her trade off with your assistant from time to time so you can keep her in shape. Or let her get fat, who cares? If you really want to optimize for laziness, find a farmhand with a powerful metabolism.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Can someone show me the quick way to cure sanity for slave? i already gave Boudoir, take her to golden cage, hot spring but she still dont cure
If temperament rises above F- it will reset back down to F-, unless the average of temperament plus nature is greater than D-.

So, you can raise nature alone to B+ and then begin raising temperament, or you can raise nature to D- and then arrange for her to level up her nature and temperament simultaneously, for example by winning an arena battle, so she advances to D- temperament and C- nature at the same time.

If you are using 2.2.2, clicking on the "sanity" trait suggests various ways to accomplish this.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
But sure - I'll humor you...
IF and only if - you can confirm that the entire:
- "Hocus-pocus your slave is blue, read...and now it is dead!"-system,
...has been overhauled from the roots-up.
Like qwertyu12359 I have no idea what exactly you are referring to, but every system in the game has been examined and most have been either tweaked or overhauled since version 1.21.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Are all victories the same? Because fighting the hardest slave in the colosseum is much easier than some of the stuff out in the fog. Would killing a huge fiend in the fog give me more XP for example?
Sparring (with appropriate opponent level) can raise master fighting skill up to A+ and can raise strength up to S+ and domination up to B+.

Fogs battles increase master fighting skill and strength depending on the difficulty of the battle.

If master's fighting skill is already A+ (without Aketon), only new Fogs trophies contribute progress to fighting skill.

More difficult Fogs encounters have a higher minimum value threshold for the trophy slave you obtain after the battle.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I feel like there is some funky bits with respect to energy and the end of the day. If a tough slaver ends the day with a half star remaining, the next day he starts with 4.5 stars, vs 5 if he were to end the day with zero stars. A slave that ends the day with .5 stars will take a 1 star snooze, starting the next day with a half star which is often a little awkward. I have a save game which should show this very easily if you want to just end the day, you can see that they both start off star values which feel awkward.
Good catch! You're right, I hadn't noticed this before because I almost always end the day with zero energy. It's not working quite how I intended. In the particular example you gave, I'd expect to start the next day with 5.5 instead of 4.5. The problem is that when the day ends, the energy refresh for the master is capped at 5, and then the left-over half from the previous day is applied.

Obviously I have a workaround. Sending the slaver to a random district, then back home clears how his half star... but, unless I am missing something, the only way to clear a slave's half star is via a walk around town? Which is really quite awkward both when you want to give her that reward when she has full stars, and makes you want to immediately do it again to clear the half star.
You could also have her take a bath, bathe you or brew a potion.

I also have a suggestion, on the whole "follows the rules?" tool tip. Most of the rules tell you if enforced rules is needed nor not. At least the rules I am using... except one. It would be really nice to have something like "No masturbation: (Slave name) often tugs and paws at her chastity belt when she thinks you are not paying attention. It seems she desperately wants to touch what no longer belongs to her." And "No masturbation: (slave name) ignores her chastity belt beyond the occasional shifting to avoid chafing. It seems like she is either not interested in masturbation or simply obedient enough to ignore her desires."

It is a bit of a complicated rule I suppose, so please dont think I am demanding this or any other change. what you have done is really great, and I just want to kinda contribute back somehow.
Good suggestion. Thanks for taking the time to draft some text for it!

Last edited:

Pienator

Sep 22, 2019
Is it possible to play this game more as a collector game than train and sell slaves? Getting enough income from something that does not involve selling.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Physique changes for assistants (and farmhands, and other slaves) are now handled using the same system that applies to the slave.
In that case how can you set the food rules for assistant and farmhand to avoid them to gain weight?

Manually forcing activities for them is not a viable option... Same for farmhand not bathing the cows.

We need automation on these, MC job is to train slaves, not to pemanantly indicate to assistants what they must do, they have been trainaid for that.

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
I agree with Strec on the assistant weight gain. My assistant is already trained, why should I have to micromanage her in addition to the slave? Maybe having a high nursing skill could cause her to stay the same weight or something.

Just a heads up, in custom start easy mode, the negative mood debuff from worn clothes applies to all clothing until the worn clothes are put on and taken off.

• Wow

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I've seen the version of fast qsp change numerous times, and I don't even know where to go to find the latest stable version with all fixes. Are those changes you made in a repo somewhere?
Edit: Are you talking about the Linux build I made or the Windows build? I can re-upload the Linux build I made. If Windows, stick to whatever is on Main Thread.

Sep 29, 2017
Edit: Someone removed the Linux build from Main Thread. What for?
I can only assume because the dev doesn't care to have or enable any linux users to play the game
Based on the issues with FastQSP building, and finding whatever the current working version of FastQSP is (Which I still can't find and I tried to get 3 more repos on top the ones I already tried previously)
the linux build that was posted in the thread works, but I want to find the FastQSP source that built that so I might have a chance of when it changes again to have the game work in the future.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I can only assume because the dev doesn't care to have or enable any linux users to play the game
Based on the issues with FastQSP building, and finding whatever the current working version of FastQSP is (Which I still can't find and I tried to get 3 more repos on top the ones I already tried previously)
the linux build that was posted in the thread works, but I want to find the FastQSP source that built that so I might have a chance of when it changes again to have the game work in the future.
You can grab the source from the . A simple `make` with the correct libs is fine. Edit: Highly recommend manually copying onigurama src and patching in to use local files.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Where is the currently active 'main' repo for fastqsp? can you post a link to it since I don't know if my question is not making sense or what. I've tried 8 different forks of it and none have gotten the game to work properly.
Re-Edited. Any audio changes that I've done, KEEP. They're either the filesystem access, so you don't need to ciopfs, or they're the audio fixes, which everyone needs. I highly recommend you keep a local copy of onigurama lib to use.

Last edited:

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
I agree with Strec on the assistant weight gain. My assistant is already trained, why should I have to micromanage her in addition to the slave? Maybe having a high nursing skill could cause her to stay the same weight or something.
If it is the easiest way why not but it would be far better if it is added to the list of duties of the assistant (nutritionist) to permit the player to choose if he want the assistant and the farmhand to gain weight.

Note: in case there is not enough place, one check box to manage the nutrition of assistant and farmhand would be enough.

Sep 29, 2017
Re-Edited. Any audio changes that I've done, KEEP. They're either the filesystem access, so you don't need to ciopfs, or they're the audio fixes, which everyone needs. I highly recommend you keep a local copy of onigurama lib to use.
I get that... but I don't know where the source code is hosted for your or future modifications for me to be able to pull down and compile myself at a future date when FastQSP has more changes or I need to use more updated dependencies for building.

By repo: Is there a github repo, gitlab repo, or gitgud repo of the currently active QSP fork? There is no 'main' repo for it that I can find. The original author hasn't updated fastQSP for 8 years, and there are dozens of forks, i've not found one that has source code that works yet.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes