ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Instead of trying to understand what the issue is

If you think the controls and "cause-and-effect" are crystal clear....
If you think it is 100% clear that giving that piece of chocolate, will not make the brittle slave prideful...
...which in turn will lead to the slave breaking and suiciding after the inevitable punishment.
If that is what you think - then I guess we have nothing more to talk about
You are complaining about the game without giving specific examples or even trying the latest version to see if your assumptions are correct.

It’s evident that you find the game’s mechanics unclear. It has a learning curve. We’ve put a lot of effort into making aspects of it clearer. Try it and see.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
I did not look in the details (I'm lasy :p) but I think all recurrent prices (locations, food, ...) are concerned.

My first try was in Serp with a full upgraded house (cryo, barn) and I was unable to maintain my budget (but I was not really aware of my expenses).

For now I give a second try starting in the outcasts and I'll be more aware to be able to see precisely where are my money sink, beeing more patient.

My gameplay at start (in sandbox mode) is to be able to sell a D slave in half a decade and to use the second half to up my main slaves.

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
You don't really get a lot of money early, and with increased prices you may find it particularly hard to stay afloat long enough to get the train going. I'm not a new player so I kinda know how to min-max to get optimal results fast (and I'm not above save scumming to get slave that is easy enough to train. Sue me :p) so I can understand argument "I helped in development so my sense of hard can be a little skewed", which is actually something I heard before from different people, but so far major consensus is the game got much harder than before. Weight thing I would put in "tedious" category actually: unnecessary complications of things no one complained before (as far as i know) can lead to a backlash. People will adapt sooner or later and I will postpone my opinion till I have a time for a serious long run, not just quick testing. That's for my two cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: qwertyu12359

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Note also that balance must be adapted in the 2 ways, easy mode would not kill some parts of the game, I explain :

In "easy mode" you can have a "full green" MC with prices advantages but it also give a too much perfect assistant (all traits), killing the part of the game that is very interesting for optimizers, consisting to search and train good assistant.

I propose to transform this into a cheat option ("have a perfect assistant") and just have a good but not too perfect one (or none, as Isabella can be sufficient at start) in the normal start for easy mode.

Hurmur

Mar 25, 2017
Dunno if this has happened to anyone else. But it seems 'torture' folder (lol) deep inside the game folder was corrupted and couldn't be removed. Had to re-partition the whole disk the get rid of it, luckily disk is fine and nothing of value was lost.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Note also that balance must be adapted in the 2 ways, easy mode would not kill some parts of the game, I explain :

In "easy mode" you can have a "full green" MC with prices advantages but it also give a too much perfect assistant (all traits), killing the part of the game that is very interesting for optimizers, consisting to search and train good assistant.

I propose to transform this into a cheat option ("have a perfect assistant") and just have a good but not too perfect one (or none, as Isabella can be sufficient at start) in the normal start for easy mode.
Everything about cheats, whether to create a perfect slave or not, whether to get more money enough to survive or just 99999999...., whether to protect your game experience or ruin it, they are all up to you.

Isabella is already kind of cheating, to be honest.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017

We had FugitiveRed (the guy that made v1.8) express his wish to balance easy mode in a cool and fair way like you are suggesting...

I think he died at one point because I haven't seen him here in a while despite his original motivation :illuminati:

I personally care about normal mode so I dedicate my time to it, and ImperatorAugustusTertius devotes his time to balance hard mode. Easy mode should be taken care off by someone with a clear vision for it and time on his hand; serious contributors are welcomed (y).

Dunno if this has happened to anyone else. But it seems 'torture' folder (lol) deep inside the game folder was corrupted and couldn't be removed. Had to re-partition the whole disk the get rid of it, luckily disk is fine and nothing of value was lost.
That's crazy... I would have liked to see some screenshots of how the "corruptions" manifested itself. Maybe it came from some of the images simply being still in use when you tried to remove them? Maybe an "unlocker" software would have done the trick then.

I can assure you that on my side I could personally remove the torture folder of this specific version you downloaded just fine.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Sounds like you might have (had) an error in the metadata or a hardware problem with the storage media. If you had written something completely unrelated to JONT to that area, the same could have happened. Have you used a check disk utility?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
In "easy mode" you can have a "full green" MC with prices advantages but it also give a too much perfect assistant (all traits)
As sarinee said, easy mode is a true sandbox because you have cheats and editor. You can get rid of the starter slave if you want.

Last edited:

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
As sarinee said, easy mode is a true sandbox because you have cheats and editor. You can get rid of the starter slave if you want.
Yes, I completly agree with that (technically, but as an haremist removing or selling a slave make me cry :p). For now I use the full easy mode to try the game and to remember the mechanics and adapt to the new settings but the mode as it is will be perfect, for me, when I'll start to really play ( creating my own objectives and MC for them).

I personally care about normal mode so I dedicate my time to it, and ImperatorAugustusTertius devotes his time to balance hard mode. Easy mode should be taken care off by someone with a clear vision for it and time on his hand; serious contributors are welcomed (y).
Sorry, I won't, I've too many times done that and each time it's a trap and a sink for me :)

Hurmur

Mar 25, 2017
Sounds like you might have (had) an error in the metadata or a hardware problem with the storage media. If you had written something completely unrelated to JONT to that area, the same could have happened. Have you used a check disk utility?
Yup. I did. It got stuck. I suspected it might have been my HD finally giving up, it's old. But after partition and format it was fine.

EDIT: false alarm. turns out my HDD was kaput after all.

Last edited:
Reactions: qwertyu12359

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Did not already downloaded the patch but there were definitively a bug before it, my assistant gain weight even having the trait "Powerful Metabolism". Hope the patch correct this.

Crasher92

Oct 7, 2017
Having not played the game in probably a year and a half or so, i used to play as Johny, i enjoy the start from nothing or useless and slowly working my way up, but it seems close to impossible to get of the ground now (for me), normal start Johny on normal difficulty, i do lack a lot of game knowledge and haven't read up on all changes made, but the difference is massive compared to my memories.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Any ideas about this processing?
1.png
Resized and color filled.
For such pics with complicated background, I tried to process it symmetrically. And soften their borders.

But there is a sense of inconsistency, the filled part is a bit dominant in view.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Any ideas about this processing?
View attachment 1736104
Resized and color filled.
For such pics with complicated background, I tried to process it symmetrically. And soften their borders.

But there is a sense of inconsistency, the filled part is a bit dominant in view.
This is the spirit!

I think you should not blur the edges, and keep it simple, with a two colors gradient. It will keep the image in the foreground. Here is how I would do:
lol.png

It also seems to me that your version of the image is of reduced quality. Make sure to always take the source image, as shown here: a.png (y)

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Having not played the game in probably a year and a half or so, i used to play as Johny, i enjoy the start from nothing or useless and slowly working my way up, but it seems close to impossible to get of the ground now (for me), normal start Johny on normal difficulty, i do lack a lot of game knowledge and haven't read up on all changes made, but the difference is massive compared to my memories.
Difficulty has been increased in some ways, and reduced in other ways. Master's strength, personality and libido can diminish if the current level is not supported by the lifestyle. A master who lacks skills is more dependent on assistant, school or tutors. To get acclimated to how the game works now, it's a good idea to play through the tutorial and read the lectures carefully. We've also updated the in-game help texts that appear when you click on attributes and added a lot of hover tooltips.

With the latest dev build (2.2.2 + minor energy fix and assistant calories adjustment), I started a normal game with M'lord. Immediately rented Taurus apartment, got Isabella, enabled all assistant rules, took the first offered guild contract (D- pet ponygirl). The slave was Pretty, Weakened, Caring, Reactive, Stupid, Cowardly, Open, Slender. She was also slightly spoiled when acquired.

Enabled diet supplements, and enabled rules no masturbation and deny orgasm. Left the rest of her rules at defaults (bedroll, dehydrated food, moderate portion). Bought her athletic leotard, sneakers, cat ears, fluffy paws, leather collar

Day 1: Used encourage and explain her position, tried to have Isabella give her athletics or pet lessons, she refused. Chastised. Sent her to school for pet training, she came back with 4 merit. Rewarded with perfume. End of the day.

Day 2: Encourage and explain her position, sent to school for pet training. 2 merit, rewarded with sweet treat. Racing day, got pony gear for Isabella and took her to the race. She managed to survive the track and finished last (4th). No prize but she advanced from Not a Pony (F-) to Nag (D-).

Day 3: Encourage and explain her position, sent to school for pet training. 1 merit, rewarded with a rooftop stroll. Switched over to athletic leotard and sneakers and did athletics training. Rewarded with sweet treat.

Day 4-6: Encourage, more athletics training. Rewarded with sweet treats. Had slave do gymnastics alone for final 2 points to level up endurance from Weakened to Healthy.

Day 7: Slave is obedient, just needs more common skills for D- rating. Enabled rules behave humility and behave pet. Slave has reached C- pet skill. Master has 2133$ remaining.

During this time, Isabella went to the arena and won her first battle, rewarded with a wedding dress. The master also visited the brothel a couple of times or had sex with Isabella when his libido demanded, and cooked and cleaned for himself a few times to develop his stewardship / relieve Isabella of the task when she was tired after colosseum events.

His personality and strength are fluctuating at the border between B+ and A+ because the standard of living isn't enough to maintain his personality and Isabella is only a B+ cook so the meals are not enough to maintain his strength, but "encourage" and sex are compensating.

Day 8: Isabella gives pony racing lesson, then master gives pony racing lesson. Slave skill reaches D- and she has 5 merit. Spend time together, restaurant. Revealed Hikikomori trait, she doesn't like being out in public. Master has sex with Isabella.

Day 9: Encourage, master gives pony lesson 3x, slave pony skill is C-, 3 merit. Erotic reward, petting. Master has sex with Isabella.

Day 10: End of decade bill was 370 sparks. Isabella's secretary skill leveled up to B+, which will help her reduce the bill for the next decade. One more pony lesson gets slave to B+ pony skill, completing the guild contract requirements. Turning in the contract immediately pays 560 sparks, leaving the master with 2315$ (he started with 2500$).

M'lord's attributes and skills at this point are the same as they were when the game started, but he's given Isabella a 100$ wedding dress, bought her a full set of pony gear, and started her on the path to bringing in supplemental income as both a pony girl and gladiatrix. Considering that the contract slave is Pretty, continuing to train her for a higher rating would be a good option too.

Also note that nothing forces you to immediately rent an apartment. Spending some time in the Slums while developing the master's skills and reputation can be a good strategy if you find it difficult to cover costs of living in an apartment. You can also change the obedience difficulty setting in the in-game options to "easy" (at any time) if you're struggling with training.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daedrax

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Did not already downloaded the patch but there were definitively a bug before it, my assistant gain weight even having the trait "Powerful Metabolism". Hope the patch correct this.
The assistant in 2.2.2 starts the day with more calories than the farmhand, so even with a powerful metabolism if you don't have the assistant doing anything except her automated tasks, she will gain weight. With the change to the assistant and farmhand on the dev build, that is no longer the case regardless of the metabolism.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
I think you should not blur the edges, and keep it simple, with a two colors gradient. It will keep the image in the foreground. Here is how I would do:

It also seems to me that your version of the image is of reduced quality. Make sure to always take the source image, as shown here: View attachment 1736122 (y)
Gradient color, okay, but I think a vague border looks better.
2.png

I collect pics from sankaku as well, though it's not the original source either , but always enough.

Edit: the pic I posted is resized to 795x596 with python.

Sharkie94

May 5, 2020
You are complaining about the game without giving specific examples...
It has been many years since I last tried it...
...and I haven't been following the development like it was the only game out there.
Since the screenshots tells a story of nothing having changed, I thought I'd poke the bee-hive
to see if any part of this project was still alive...

Complexity is not a problem...
I can cold-start a KA50 Black Shark while in free-fall... and maybe even blindfolded... (simulator naturally)
...inanely obtuse, or systems with bad interfaces - are.

Thanks for humoring me - and good luck with whatever you are creating for the in-group.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes