kkkohut

Apr 3, 2020
Antivirus warning or did you actually caught one? If so, the former, false positive. If the later, you probably caught it from another software :unsure:

What makes you think JONT is the responsible?

Put the entire folder on virustotal and it should come clean

Edit: View attachment 1738683 Yep, seems fine

I downloaded the patch,which was behind a code. Code being 1234, i unlocked the file and instantly caught ransomware. Antivirus didnt detect it.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I downloaded the patch,which was behind a code. Code being 1234, i unlocked the file and instantly caught ransomware. Antivirus didnt detect it.
The patch is not behind a code... Where and when did it tell you to enter a code, and can you possibly provide screenshot?

You downloaded something else, that's practically sure. Maybe you already had an infected computer and it injected an add with a download button that you clicked on? I can only make hypothesis at this point. I can however tell you for a fact that you are the only user reporting that and we all got the same version on our computer (and now one had to enter a "1234" code)

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
As qwertyu said, either you downloaded this from somewhere else other than from the links the devs posted here, or else your computer is already infected and it hijacked the link to inject additional stuff. I have had absolutely no issues with this install whatsoever. I'd highly encourage you to try downloading software to help you clean up whatever infection your computer has... That is as long as you don't have the kind of infection that blocks your searches in those areas. lol.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
I do have a simple game related question though. So far I've got most things figured out, but the one area I'm struggling with is combat. Can't seem to win in the colosseum no matter what I do. Johny started with C level strength of unfit, and I bought the stiletto and I'm pretty certain I'm doing the fights well. The problem is I'm going in with only 5 moral so even when I do double damage and manage to get minimal damage back, by the 2nd or 3rd attack at the latest they always bring me down no matter how I try to defend myself.

Obviously the answer is armor, but I'm wanting to understand the mechanic behind it so my question here is how do you increase your morale? Nearly everyone else I see has significantly more morale in their fights than I have. Even using ImperatorAugustusTertius guide his character started with the bare minimum so even weaker than Johny but I see he had 9 morale by the time he got the stiletto in his run. Searches in this thread seemed to suggest it was tied to personality and dominance, but his were at the same as mine are and yet appears to result in more morale anyway. Was it just nerfed in a patch since then, or is it tied to fighting skill instead? That's the only stat he has more of by that point in his playthrough.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Obviously the answer is armor, but I'm wanting to understand the mechanic behind it so my question here is how do you increase your morale?
норм_дух_игрока = master_cha*5 + master_domination*5 + master_fighter*10
if snake_amulet_on = 1: норм_дух_игрока *= 2

If you learn and use the special technique "battle cry", it gives a morale boost as well as giving you fury (+ red attack multiplier).

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
норм_дух_игрока = master_cha*5 + master_domination*5 + master_fighter*10
if snake_amulet_on = 1: норм_дух_игрока *= 2

If you learn and use the special technique "battle cry", it gives a morale boost as well as giving you fury (+ red attack multiplier).
Ok so basically it's a mix of all 3 of those things, so I just have to keep losing until I get fighter up and look into the special techniques as well. Gotcha!

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
Game is definitely tough but fun! Got a contract to train an assistant, though unfortunately she's lazy so that makes it tough. I've wound up having to spoil her a fair bit too unfortunately (fresh food, only 2 rules ect) as it proved to be the only way I could get her to stop trying to murder me in my sleep which only resulted in a fight where I'd knock her out and then have to deal with that. Obviously I'm going to have to deal with the spoiling but at least now with her having a decent mood (optimistic) I'm able to have her make some progress in lessons. Day 10 and I'm only just now successfully adding the 3rd forced rule while managing to keep her mood up. So clearly I still have a lot of progress to make with the game but I consider this a successful start for my level of experience. lol.

Another question though. In the financial report, what are the fines? My assumption is it comes from poor stewardship and as it increases they'll be reduced/go away.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
In the financial report, what are the fines? My assumption is it comes from poor stewardship and as it increases they'll be reduced/go away.
If your slave or assistant is assigned to do the accounting, depending on her secretary skill and her intellect, it's possible that she makes the costs go up instead of down. A disobedient slave assigned to do accounting is more likely to do this, but even an obedient slave can be unlucky sometimes.

I've wound up having to spoil her a fair bit too unfortunately (fresh food, only 2 rules ect) as it proved to be the only way I could get her to stop trying to murder me in my sleep which only resulted in a fight where I'd knock her out and then have to deal with that. Obviously I'm going to have to deal with the spoiling but at least now with her having a decent mood (optimistic) I'm able to have her make some progress in lessons. Day 10 and I'm only just now successfully adding the 3rd forced rule while managing to keep her mood up.
I've never combined forced rules with fresh food like that. Will be interesting to see how it works out for you.

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
So. something still isnt quite right with ending the day with half stars. In this save, my dude has fallen down to B+ strength, cause slums. ending the day with a half star should start the next day with 4.5 stars, but for some reason he starts with 5.5 stars. (if he ends the day with 0 stars remaining he goes to 4 stars as expected)

I think I found the place where the energy is calculated, and wish I understood the code a bit better, and I could logic though what is going on myself... but ill have to leave it to you I think.

krustus

Feb 21, 2022
I recently added some hint messages that pop up during normal gameplay when certain trigger conditions are met. But this is reactive, so different from the kind of handholding you suggest. The biggest challenge with this proposal is that it would take a lot of time and effort to create a new tutorial, and there are other things ahead of it on the to-do list.
I saw them when i started a new game on the new version today and i really like them. Certainly a step in the right direction.

And it is true, my proposal sounds like a lot of work, and i imagine not the most fun one. I guess it is more fun to work on the Main Game and follow your vision but i think you should consider the long term benefits a better New-Player Experience could bring. For you as a dev and for the Game. Sorry, this will be another long one it seems hehe.

Lets say we have a gradual Tutorial, wouldn't that mean you have a easier Time balancing the Main game? My thoughtprocess goes something like this: New players are expected to go through the new Tutorial, after finishing it every player is on a comparable skill level when they start a New Game. This could be useful for you because it could make prediciting player behaviours and seeing potential balancing pitfalls more easy for you. You have kind of a "expected player skill" baseline to work from and can balance around that.
From reading this Thread for, maybe, the last 120 pages it seems a lot of your time goes into Micromanaging the Gamebalance - and maybe that helps ease the burden long term. Gives you a more consistent base from which you can balance the Game. Which lets you put more time in the exciting parts.

Another thing is: Lowering the Barrier of Entry allows the player base to grow and to keep New Players invested instead of them giving up. You put so much work and thought and passion into this game, it would be a shame to chase new players away before they even really started.

And my last Point: The game already has something similar in place. The Tutorial slaves come in easy, medium and hard difficulty and every one of them requires you to -

-First: Learn and apply the Basics. That is already enough to complete the easy Tutorial.

-Second: The Medium one requires you to apply the basics and deal with a bit more advanced concepts like spoilage and rebellious natures.

-Third: And the Hard one requires you to apply all of the previous learned lessons but introduces the most advanced mechanics. A Rebellious slave, with a very high temper and negative traits (Lesbian Trait in this case, i believe).

I mean this is already close to what i proposed in my first post. What is lacking is the Handholding to ease the player into it. Maybe a bit more structure in how the Tutorial plays out.
I already really appreciate the little Button you can click in the Tutorial which shows you the numerical Values of you slave, if you know what i mean? The little Debug-Button, i believe. This is one example of what i am talking about and more would really help.

And one thing i believe would help short-term is easing or stopping the Timepressure in the Tutorial. It lets the Player mess around and experiment and don't put them on the backfoot before they even really started.

I think games work best if they follow a rule like: Easy to learn and hard to Master. Right now it feels the game is Very hard to learn and after that kind of easy to Master.

I really would love to help you guys a bit more but i am not sure if i can do anything besides rambling my thoughts and help a bit with brainstorming or try to give a different perspective.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
I've never combined forced rules with fresh food like that. Will be interesting to see how it works out for you.
So far things are going well. Decided to have her start doing some gladiator fights since she started with a c in it and managed to win her first competition. Trained her up to b+ in athletics and fighting but unfortunately running into a brick wall from there. She can defeat the wardress and that seems to help keeping her mood up, but I cannot seem to get close to taking on the Shinobi so actually improving her further is blocked to me there. Even if I shelled out a hundred or 2 for armor, it's just not even close and I couldn't win the 2nd week's fight either no matter what style or how I tried to proceed. Is my only option to make her attend classes to get her to A in athletics and gladiatrix skills considering I can no longer level them up through fighting in the arena?

I've already got her up to the required b+ in stewardship and elocution and the only thing currently preventing me from completing the contract is her obedience is still too low to get the D- ranking. The auspex spells says she has 2 thorns remaining in rebelliousness so at least I know I'm close. I don't have the ability to force any real discipline on her without her fighting back resulting in a slave put into a coma so I'm thinking my best bet is to wait it out considering it was between 6-8 in the beginning so it's improving and I still have 14 days left on the contract. She has 2 fear, 2 awareness, 3 habit, and no despair, taming, spoiling or devotion and she's mostly staying between hopeful and optimistic with only infrequent spa visits... maybe every 3-4 days.

Any suggestions at this stage?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I cannot seem to get close to taking on the Shinobi
Which defensive stance and weapon are you using for the Shinobi fight?

Is my only option to make her attend classes to get her to A in athletics and gladiatrix skills considering I can no longer level them up through fighting in the arena?
She can develop her athletics independently by doing gymnastics or anything else that improves her endurance (dance, pet, pony, vigorous sex, etc).

She has 2 fear, 2 awareness, 3 habit, and no despair, taming, spoiling or devotion
Increasing her awareness is just a matter of continuing to reward and punish her appropriately. More fear plus more awareness would put you at +1.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
Which defensive stance and weapon are you using for the Shinobi fight?

She can develop her athletics independently by doing gymnastics or anything else that improves her endurance (dance, pet, pony, vigorous sex, etc).

Increasing her awareness is just a matter of continuing to reward and punish her appropriately. More fear plus more awareness would put you at +1.
She's using a stiletto and I tend to primarily use evasive defense due to her getting a bonus of evasion for 5 rounds reducing damage from speed attacks and not leaving me vulnerable to double damage from others. She handily wins the easier fights that way, but her health is just too low at 24 which is considerably lower than the Shinobi and they tend to eat that health up incredibly fast.

I actually had just remembered the gynmastics and have been having her do that the last couple days. Hopefully raising her from healthy to tough will help with the health front so she can win and start increasing her gladiatrix skill without me having to pay 7 sparks per lesson.

She's too rebellious for sex, pet, or pony training of any sort. Any time I try it results in a fight where she's left in a coma. lol. Punishments just don't seem to be feasible unless I want to pay the 50 sparks to bring her out of it. Well, actually I may be wrong about that. My assumption on that was based on her getting put into a coma from fights when she was still feeble toughness. Now that she's at healthy, it'll drain her of energy and mood but considering how relatively well off she is otherwise then maybe it'll be a good time to instill some fear in her so I can continue my progress. Will try that after dinner. :D

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
Younger slaves have less health.

Shinobi don't use red attacks, but they do use green ones.
Yeah I get that, but it doesn't matter what defense I use. Just tried using red and purple defenses, and she still won in 2, then 3 rounds for the 2nd fight with over 50 in each stat remaining. I don't last long enough to even scratch her.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
I just sold a B+ slave to the auction for just over 6000 sparks. Yea. If people knew how much money you can make selling B+ slaves there... rent suddenly doesnt seem so bad, even on hard extreme.
That's true. The real issue comes down to surviving long enough to be able to cash in on a B+ slave. Depending on which master you choose or how many funds you have from difficulty level, you may be under too much time pressure early on to put in the work required for it. I know in my case without the extra funds I gave myself on my extreme run, that I'd already be relying on loans just to get me this far while still in the slums. I do think I could have done it better as I'm learning ways to improve on how I'm doing it, but even with the improvements to my methods that I've already thought of, I'm not sure I'd be able to survive long enough to pump one out. lol. The extra funds from easier difficulties certainly make it manageable though.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes