way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
lol I didn't know that going to the beach would solve the bathing problem. Because I never got to get more than 2 for rewards when living in the Slums aside from winning the tournament which I used that reward to give slaves sundresses. Right now I'm grinding for money by quicksaving, buy 20$ slave and win the arena for 50$, then I butchered the slave for some $$. I calculated the money I got from this is around 20-40$ (depends how fat the slave is).
Nice. I've only managed to buy a slave that cheap once. I suppose if you're using quicksaves to keep trying until it works then that trick will work better and can help with the financial side of things early on which is when they are the tightest. Obviously training for sale would bring in more money in the long run but on extreme you don't exactly have enough cash reserves to have the luxury of holding onto them that long so I assume that's what you're working on. Lol.

justacook

Jun 30, 2017
Nice. I've only managed to buy a slave that cheap once. I suppose if you're using quicksaves to keep trying until it works then that trick will work better and can help with the financial side of things early on which is when they are the tightest. Obviously training for sale would bring in more money in the long run but on extreme you don't exactly have enough cash reserves to have the luxury of holding onto them that long so I assume that's what you're working on. Lol.
Yeah playing as johny is very hard to play but also fun, he can't train any slave which makes training them muuuch harder. And having little income is a fun challange. There's also a random event where debt collectors give 60 days notice when you don't even ask for a loan. Annoying at some point but it also gives content. Which also made me decide to get out of the slums fast, because I got the feeling that the "debt" they give is increasing each time they sent the note. lol

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah playing as johny is very hard to play but also fun, he can't train any slave which makes training them muuuch harder. And having little income is a fun challange. There's also a random event where debt collectors give 60 days notice when you don't even ask for a loan. Annoying at some point but it also gives content. Which also made me decide to get out of the slums fast, because I got the feeling that the "debt" they give is increasing each time they sent the note. lol
Oh it's definitely another game entirely! I understand not everyone enjoys the tougher grind of it and truthfully I have my limits too. Was never a fan of dark souls for that reason. But I don't think I'd be happy with the more casual difficulties and it's been worthwhile for me to put the time into learning how to succeed on the harder one.

Personally I think that with them renaming hard to extreme that they should add a new difficulty between normal and extreme which uses the extreme settings in terms of actual game content but gives you more points when creating your initial slaver that you can use to actually improve him or extra funds as desired. I personally cheated when starting my game to start me off with extra funds for my playthrough and looking back on it I feel comfortable with that decision. I like the harder difficulty but I wouldn't have enjoyed the extreme penny pinching or various tricks you have to rely on to survive. And since you can't just start on normal and change the in game difficulty once the game has begun I feel there's room for that option to exist for others that want it.

The next stage in my game is to FINALLY start taking advantage of several of the options that have been suggested to me so far. I'm going to hold off on the lab for a little while but I'm going to refrain from picking up a new slave as a project. Instead I'm switching Isabella to slave so I can train her cooking and pony skills for racing and then put some work into getting my barn setup. I know you can have an egg layer, a cow, a pig, and a farmhand but honestly don't have any real clue what goes into those things so figuring that out is my next step. I have a kraken sized fiend whose seed is going to waste due to my tiny storage ability ATM so more mouths to feed make sense especially if I can use them to cover my rental expenses to some extent if not entirely. Once I have the barn all setup and Isabella ready to win me fights and races I should be able to sustain myself at my current level indefinitely so I'll be able to decide on my next project from there. :)

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
should add a new difficulty between normal and extreme which uses the extreme settings in terms of actual game content but gives you more points when creating your initial slaver that you can use to actually improve him or extra funds as desired. And since you can't just start on normal and change the in game difficulty once the game has begun I feel there's room for that option to exist for others that want it.
Start on normal, go to game options menu, change obedience difficulty to hardcore. The only differences are lower rent (which is why you started on normal - less money pressure, more customization points), slightly easier pony races, and in-game hints enabled.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
Start on normal, go to game options menu, change obedience difficulty to hardcore. The only differences are lower rent (which is why you started on normal - less money pressure, more customization points), slightly easier pony races, and in-game hints enabled.
No I understand, but I wanted the extra difficulty from the rents and stuff like that as well. I feel the reduced rent is good for a normal difficulty and shouldn't make things too difficult, but I wanted the bigger challenge, I simply wanted more points to be able to spend WITH that extra challenge and there's currently no difficulty that offered that which is why I altered it for myself to have it.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
I simply wanted more points to be able to spend WITH that extra challenge and there's currently no difficulty that offered that
My point is that normal + hardcore setting is in effect equivalent to having extra points or sparks on extreme. Extra points or sparks mean that higher rent is less challenging, and that’s the only significant difference. The pony races difference just means you need a bit more training to win consistently, but once you’re able to win, it is moot whether you win by 1 or 10 points.

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
My point is that normal + hardcore setting is in effect equivalent to having extra points or sparks on extreme. Extra points or sparks mean that higher rent is less challenging, and that’s the only significant difference. The pony races difference just means you need a bit more training to win consistently, but once you’re able to win, it is moot whether you win by 1 or 10 points.
I obviously respect your opinion on it, I just personally preferred having the start that I did. I was fortunate that I knew how to find that specific section in the QSP to edit it so I could have the start I wanted, but if there are others that want it that don't know how to do that, they'll be out of luck without it. That was really my whole point. Extreme was renamed to extreme for a reason, but that opens the door for a lesser, simply "hard" version that falls somewhere in the middle.

twerty

Jun 7, 2018
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or have auctions just been nerfed to the ground?
I had a C+ with sub-purchaser buying for 500, but max at auction was 215. What's up with that?

Ningyosai

May 19, 2017
I've been trying for quite some time to puzzle this game out with little to no success.

-I tried out the normal starts first, simple difficulty. More often than not the time and resources it took to train a single slave outweighed the sales price by quite a bit. So even when I DID manage to sell them (after butting my head against them for 4+ decades) I would still be operating at a loss. (I haven't messed with loans yet - in fact I haven't even found where you're supposed to take one out.)
-Normal starts frustrated me, so I went for the custom ones instead. Seems getting them to obey is even harder there. Eventually I managed. But ran into the same problem - selling slaves did not even let me break even.
-Making slaves presentable is another challenge. Some combinations are simple enough - ballerina outfit for artists, sorceress robe for witch doctors, etc. - but some don't make sense. What the hell kinda outfit am I supposed to put together for an assistant?
-Went for custom easy starts. STILL haven't puzzled out how to lower the chances of rebellion, or how to quickly decrease thorns of rebellion. And on top of that for some reason their Pride started going up seemingly on its own while Temperament and Nature go down?
Since the Wiki's outdated I'd love to get some more in-depth info on this game that's up to snuff.

downloaderbo

Aug 18, 2017
Hello again, people.
I'm at 2.2.1 version.
After the weird problem with Isabella, i get rid of her :-( then trained another girl to make her my assistant.
She is all right, but i want to change her to a blonde or other options. (She have green hair and there are few drawings for green haired girls, so, it's getting repetitive).
Neoplasty is not an option for her, because already used that option before.
Is there a way to change color for my assistant's hair?? May be an editor, other in-game options???
Please help.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
More often than not the time and resources it took to train a single slave outweighed the sales price by quite a bit.
How are you selling them? (There's a moneylender in the Slums.)

-Normal starts frustrated me, so I went for the custom ones instead. Seems getting them to obey is even harder there. Eventually I managed. But ran into the same problem - selling slaves did not even let me break even.
Normal start and custom game on normal difficulty are the same, except that normal starts have preallocated points and have some items pre-purchased.

If you're finding it too difficult to train slaves, you can go to the in-game options menu and change the obedience difficulty setting to "easy".

-Making slaves presentable is another challenge. Some combinations are simple enough - ballerina outfit for artists, sorceress robe for witch doctors, etc. - but some don't make sense. What the hell kinda outfit am I supposed to put together for an assistant?
For paperwork (secretary), school uniform and glasses give a bonus. For elocution, kimono-yukata gives a bonus. But "presentable" for sale is different from dressing for lessons. For sale, you're aiming to increase their charm, the components of which are displayed on the slave's anatomy tab if you cast the auspex spell.

-Went for custom easy starts. STILL haven't puzzled out how to lower the chances of rebellion, or how to quickly decrease thorns of rebellion. And on top of that for some reason their Pride started going up seemingly on its own while Temperament and Nature go down?
Temperament and nature going down could be despair. Pride going up could be she's breaking rules you set for her.

Do you know that if you hover your pointer over the yellow triangle on the menu icons for punishments and rewards, it shows the level of merit or guilt to which it corresponds? You can over-punish or under-punish, over-reward or under-reward, but if you do so, it has consequences that need to be managed. (Except under-rewarding, at worst you have a lower mood to deal with.)

Since the Wiki's outdated I'd love to get some more in-depth info on this game that's up to snuff.
Read the last several pages of this thread.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
I'm at 2.2.1 version.
We're on 2.2.3 (dev version) now. 2.2.1 is ancient.

Is there a way to change color for my assistant's hair?
If you upgrade to the dev version, there's an in-game console. You could type in: $assistant['hairColor'] = 'blond'

Saved games from 2.2.1 are compatible with 2.2.3, you just need to enable "ignore version check when loading" in the Game menu at the top of the window.

Get the latest dev version from here:

way2co0l

Oct 3, 2017
I've been trying for quite some time to puzzle this game out with little to no success.

-I tried out the normal starts first, simple difficulty. More often than not the time and resources it took to train a single slave outweighed the sales price by quite a bit. So even when I DID manage to sell them (after butting my head against them for 4+ decades) I would still be operating at a loss. (I haven't messed with loans yet - in fact I haven't even found where you're supposed to take one out.)
There's definitely a lot to the game but once you get used to how things work it becomes very manageable. It's just a learning curve to get there.

So normal (and especially easy) makes things simple by giving you a large sum of upfront cash to play with which means you can take your time learning. Even if your first few slaves are sold at a loss, it's not the end of the world. What's important is you start to feel more comfortable with the training process first and foremost.

To start with, unless you're using drugs, alchemy, magic, or a slaver with very high starting skills, then nearly any girl you start off with is going to have a fair bit of rebelliousness to her in the beginning. That begins to improve as she develops habit, taming, and awareness which basically means you need to have a little bit of patience in the beginning. You set your rules, try to find things she's willing to do, and punish her for the things she's not. Trying to do too much too soon such as multiple repeated or particularly brutal punishments can create issues with depression and risk mental breaks, suicide attempts, or attempts to kill you in your sleep so again, it's better to do things gradually... At least while you're still learning. Don't expect her to become obedient or willing to do sexual things with you in the first few days.

When it comes to making them presentable, honestly I think you're overthinking it. Buying them certain clothing can help with their mood, or with training specific skills, but for most low level slaves you won't need to do much more than give them a full treatment at the spa which will raise their charm high enough for you to satisfy the requirements for most sales. If you're trying to sell exceptionally high quality slaves in the A or S ranks then finding ways to increase your style and charm become more important.

Which begs the question, what quality slaves are you attempting to train for at this point? And how are you planning to sell them? To a specific buyer? At auction? Guild contracts or subpurchaser? It'll be easier to give you more specific advice when I know what you're trying to accomplish. :D What rules have you been setting for them? What techniques have you been trying that haven't been working out for you?

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes