ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Game says this slave have enormous breasts. I beg to differ.
If you're using 2.2.3 (dev build), in the console you can type in slave_type and it will display a number. Look for the json file with that number in a game\json sub-folder. The breast size in that template is probably set incorrectly (doesn't fit the image). You can correct it in-game by typing in @ slave['boobs']=0

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Seriously though, this game is opaque as fuck.
Have you read the "Controls" info from the main menu? Guessing you might not be aware that if you hover your mouse over the yellow triangles on menu icons, it will display a tooltip. This is important for rewards and punishments. If the amount of merit or guilt does not match the number displayed in the tooltip for the selected reward or punishment, the effects may be different than you intend. The game interprets below-guilt punishments and above-merit rewards as "spoiling", for example, while above-guilt punishments increase despair.

Have you played through the tutorial and read through the lectures? Lots of important information there.

Setting the "obedience difficulty" in the options menu to "easy" may also help.

GoldenArm

Oct 7, 2021
Johny's walkthrough here. For the 2.2.3 version.
I would appreciate suggestions to optimize it since I'm finding things out as I go. Thank you :)
//Updated past B+ now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: qwertyu12359

Durpledore

Modder
Jun 29, 2018
Okay I don't play this game anymore, but a fellow developer of mine does. He had some feedback
He says that he can't find any entries on these fear rewards to lower fear in the game files.
Also wedding dress does Nothing.
1653234592440.png
I have added a text log with more chatting about the game to give some context
It's quite of a chat xD. (for us both english are not our first langauge)
But he gives some feedback that may be handy for you guys, and I generally agree with his takes.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Okay I don't play this game anymore, but a fellow developer of mine does. He had some feedback
He says that he can't find any entries on these fear rewards to lower fear in the game files.
Also wedding dress does Nothing.
The wiki is a community project (not maintained by the devs) and it has always contained inaccurate / false statements. The source of truth is the game itself.

Garden of Gethsemane directly lowers fear. The chat log seems to indicate that your friend confirmed this also.

There are ways to raise devotion even when fear is maximized. Including "spend time with" and "erotic" rewards. And devotion lowers fear. So, two of the three lines from the wiki screenshot are incorrect in implying that those actions directly lower fear, but all of those methods are effective ways to lower fear eventually.

As for the wedding dress, it does different things depending on the version. In the latest build (2.2.3 dev), it gives a mood bonus and a bonus for sex training.

Durpledore

Modder
Jun 29, 2018
Well that's not really true for the garden of Gethsemane at least not for the older version the game. (I believe the previous one) not sure But will check but if true probably recently added.

Edit looking more closely
Garden use a slave rate reduct to determine the lowering of the fear. Besides over time there doesn't seem a interaction to add that negative value

But could miss it I forgot how difficult it can be to scroll through all of it

Edit2
"There are ways to raise devotion even when fear is maximized. Including "spend time with" and "erotic" rewards."

There are dailies. And the daily thing has the fear block
they generate Slave rate for the daily effect to call upon but fear instantly blocks the if section.

Seems to me that lowering fear is very, very difficult once you hit the fear cap. Since there are many blocks that block devotion once the cap of fear has been reached. Max fear causes despair. Lowering fear generally requires some devotion for most interactions. Which basically throws you in to a loop.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Garden use a slave rate reduct to determine the lowering of the fear. Besides over time there doesn't seem a interaction to add that negative value
Usually when we talk about lowering or raising anything, we're talking about a rate adjustment. Rate adjustments convert into stat changes when enough rate accumulates. The code which handles that is in #static_base.

There are dailies. And the daily thing has the fear block
they generate Slave rate for the daily effect to call upon but fear instantly blocks the if section.
Overnight passive devotion increase is just one of the ways that devotion can be increased. I gave examples of other ways that aren't blocked by fear.

Max fear causes despair. Lowering fear generally requires some devotion for most interactions.
??? Both statements are false.

Durpledore

Modder
Jun 29, 2018
Was mainly talking about max fear, not fear in general, like this one as an example.
max fear will block the generation of devotion if I read that correctly
1653273920677.png

Let's grab the sensual massage

1653274148545.png

Don't see a way to impact the slave_rate['fear'] in a sensual message as an example. But let's say it's fair on that one. Since it's an sensual message after all.

Looking trough the code, with that < 5 block in next_day_slave_moral I don't see how you can reasonble lower max fear without waiting for ages for the passive devotion to kick in.

Anyway we decided to make own aditions and play with that.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Was mainly talking about max fear, not fear in general, like this one as an example.
max fear will block the generation of devotion if I read that correctly
Yes, you read that correctly. But, to be clear, it only blocks devotion increase in that specific part of the code, which runs overnight. That code doesn't block devotion increase from other sources. As discussed above.

Don't see a way to impact the slave_rate['fear'] in a sensual message as an example. But let's say it's fair on that one. Since it's an sensual message after all.
Fear is a measure of obedience. Why would receiving a massage make a slave less obedient?

Looking trough the code, with that < 5 block in next_day_slave_moral I don't see how you can reasonble lower max fear without waiting for ages for the passive devotion to kick in.
Several ways were identified (by you) and confirmed by me already. Repeating: Let a slave sleep with unpunished guilt. Garden of Gethsemane. Build up the slave's devotion with intimate/erotic rewards. None of these are blocked by max fear, and the first two directly reduce fear.

Anyway we decided to make own aditions and play with that.
Have fun.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
isn't it on git? Can't they just PR their change?
What do you mean?

Yes the game is on git.

Every change can be seen in the git changelog, on the OP's changelog, and in a text file furnished with the game. Every release, I make a statement here about what's new and what would be to come.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes