qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
So, I trained a gladiator and won the bull ring which is super useful especially in the slums. I then decided to train another slave to sell before training my assistant. I got her to B- rating and it says I need to improve her loyalty. I don't know what that is. Does it mean devotion? I have 2 Devotion and alot of obedience and no spoiling or fear.

Svenn85

Nov 5, 2018
So, I trained a gladiator and won the bull ring which is super useful especially in the slums. I then decided to train another slave to sell before training my assistant. I got her to B- rating and it says I need to improve her loyalty. I don't know what that is. Does it mean devotion? I have 2 Devotion and alot of obedience and no spoiling or fear.
Yes, loyalty refers to Devotion. Devotion has a range of 0 to 5

Reactions: the_sexiton

the_sexiton

Dec 30, 2022
I trained her to B+ and sold her. So far I've trained a Gladiator champion B+, 2X Which Doctor's B+, and I'm currently training an assistant for myself. I've attempted to train 5 characters and four of them have been manageable so far. The one that I couldn't manage started out spoiled but I had experience with that and got rid of it and had a +1 obedience around day 15. The problem was there was a wall where she just wouldn't improve and I think it was related to her pride being sky high and none of my punishments being able to tackle it without breaking her spirit or making her so miserable I couldn't work with her. I pushed on to day 30 in game and I had made some progress but was still struggling so I backed out to a previous save and bought a different character to train.

I suppose spotting character flaws that are going to make training a total nightmare is a skill as well and I'm getting better at it, but I still overlook things sometimes. I find that characters with mediocre stats are usually the ones that are easier to bend. Characters with strong personalities are fine if you have trained them and have an obedience level that can counter it, but they are very annoying to train from scratch. I usually don't mind pride because there are a lot of ways to lower it but if it's backed up by a strong temperament it can be a problem.

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
I usually don't mind pride because there are a lot of ways to lower it but if it's backed up by a strong temperament it can be a problem.
I usually don't bother with arrogant girls. Haughty is usually the highest pride I'll take. It takes too long to lower pride with high nature and temperament in the early game. It's usually not worth it unless she has the exact stats I need for a late game client otherwise.

vahgar59

Mar 20, 2023
Johny on normal start, 2.2.4Dev.

1* I had some kind of bug (?) that was already mentioned back in 2019 where Isabella cook only D- meals every single day until I made her cook one time as a slave, she then cooked a B+ meal (she is A+ cook), switched her back to assistant and now everything is fine.

2* I was somehow forced to prepare food at home out of nowhere, I ate 1$ meal at Virgin's Hip for 240 days in a row but then, no matter what, i will not be satiated at the end of the day doing that.
- If i eat at Virgin's Hip and then have an activity (like teaching or anything else) i will switch from "not hungry" to "food not ready". If I go back to Virgin's Hip at this point i can't eat a second time.
- If i eat at Virgin's Hip and do nothing "not hungry" remain but then when i "end the day" someone will cook as if i was hungry, if no one is tasked with cooking duty Johny will do it himself.

Slave and assistant were set to "dehydrated food", no leftovers. Is there something i am missing here ? This is the first time i got this far in the game, maybe there is a point where 1$ meal are not enough or something ?

- I just tried again at day 250, eating 1$ meal and doing all kind of activities to see what trigger hunger even if i already ate and it seem that now only sex trigger it.

Anyway, since i now have a house with a kitchen and an assistant it is RP that i start eating at home i guess.
So I have a final question about food :
Does ingredients influence the rating of the meal ? If yes then what is needed for B/A/S ?

Isabella as assistant, cook skill A+, seem to steadily cook B+ meal if i have in my fridge :
- Chopped meat
- Vegetables
- Herbs and spices
- Flour and grains
It seem like she pick one of each for each meal, but sometime she just pick two or tree of them at random (?).

I try to understand the logic behind this to cut corners here because since i leave the slum i jumped from ~25$/decade to +100$/decade and it sting.

Svenn85

Nov 5, 2018
2* I was somehow forced to prepare food at home out of nowhere, I ate 1$ meal at Virgin's Hip for 240 days in a row but then, no matter what, i will not be satiated at the end of the day doing that.
Your strength probably increased to Light Blue, which means eating the $1 meal at the Virgin's Hip will not sate you, and at home it won't be listed.
If you have the money, you can eat the $3 meal at Virgin's Hip which counts as a Light Blue meal, or you can just wait for your strength to drop back to Dark Blue, which should happen very quickly. But since it only just drops down into Dark Blue, it can quickly increase back up to Light Blue during most days if you do any activity that increases strength.
You can only eat once at the Virgin's Hip, and if you eat a Dark Blue meal and your strength increases to Light Blue, that meal won't be enough, which means your character will cook a meal at home at the end of the day. I'm still not sure whether this is intended or not from developers.

Isabella as assistant, cook skill A+, seem to steadily cook B+ meal if i have in my fridge
Yes, I've noticed this as well. Sometimes she even cooks "purple" meals for me. I have looked a bit around in the code to see how assistants cook meals, but I haven't really made heads or tails of it yet. Currently, I'm wondering if Isabella just hates cooking or if she has certain meals she likes to cook and if you don't have the ingredients for the meals she wants to cook, she just cooks some random garbage. I'm still not sure. Gonna have to dig more in the code, or maybe Qwertyu or ImperatorAugustus have the answers.

Here's a list of the Light Blue quality meals I've found in the code as well as the ingredients and the derived price:
The code looks for 4 ingredients, so if there's fewer than 4, some ingredients are "none".
I removed some of the code from the lines because it can be somewhat difficult to read. The full code can be found in #food_base.qsrc in the Location folder, Line 102-118 (I assume flower in the code is Flour, but since the game has gone through several translations and developers, you have to expect some variety in spelling)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

qwertyu12359
Do you think we could have an ingame cookbook at some point? Perhaps sold at the Gastronomicon? ^_^
Also, as a sidenote, because I keep forgetting... Is there somewhere I can find the RoadMap?

Last edited:
Reactions: vahgar59

vahgar59

Mar 20, 2023
Your strength probably increased to Light Blue
Indeed, I did not suspected this since eating B+ meal should not increase my strength to A+ (I think), however sexual activities does, which explain why in my last attempt to reproduce this "bug" I noted that sex switched "not hungry" to "food not ready".
So in the end that is not a bug.

Here's a list of the Light Blue quality meals
Thank you that is very nice, I have tinkered with cooking for almost an hour and could not understand the relation between ingredient and rating, given the fact that she seem to pick ingredients at random and produce the same rating, this is simply becaue there is multiple A+ recipes with different ingredients, make sense.

This list also make me realise that I should not eat at home yet, 5-12$/meal is too much when you have a 3$ option for the same rating at Virgin's Hip.

Thank for the reply.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
so is 2.2.4 soon?
I don't see any sign that it could be.

... But it could be.

It all depends on free time from the developers, and right now they seem to have none. When and if all planets align and they can start to work full time on it, we can imagine a timeframe of two months stable release. But for now I cannot guess when this timeframe will start.

If you're impatient, the dev' 2.2.4 version is available to download.

Do you think we could have an ingame cookbook at some point? Perhaps sold at the Gastronomicon? ^_^
Also, as a sidenote, because I keep forgetting... Is there somewhere I can find the RoadMap?
The cookbook would be kind of a cheatcode to boost your cooking stats?

If so, there's no reason to add one. It's intended for stats increase to be a slow burn during gameplay. If other stats work this way, it should work this way for cooking stats too.

I say that but I could change my mind if there's a nice blueprint. Like there'd be music scores to buy in the marketplace, fighting techniques are already in the colloseum, then tools for painting...

About the roadmap, it's simply in the very first post of this thread.

Reactions: Svenn85

Svenn85

Nov 5, 2018
The cookbook would be kind of a cheatcode to boost your cooking stats?
The cookbook would simply be a list of meals, their ingredients and grade to see what ingredients you should buy if you want to be able to cook meals of a certain grade since fridge inventory is limited and you may want to buy ingredients for the cheaper cooked meals if you don't have an abundance of money.

I don't think there should necessarily be items to boost your stats beyond the items you can already wear, although there might be an item or two to increase the diligence of slaves for certain stats. This is mainly done through their clothing, but some skills are well covered by multiple types of clothing, and some skills have no clothing options, like music.

I have also often wondered why there's so many piercing slots for a slave, yet rather few piercing types (I guess I don't have too much imagination to come up with many additions, but a chain-leash for clit piercing would make sense in my book) but I suppose that's just for min/maxing style/exoticism if you have the money for it.

Also, shouldn't there be an Anal slot for the Anal tail? Right now it goes in the body slot. I'd certainly argue for both a Vaginal and Anal slot, even though I know they are part of the rules instead of actual apparel. I dunno. I seem to be going out on a tangent here instead of keeping to main topic.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

ReC3KS

Oct 12, 2021
I think pretty girls should be kinda more rare, its a very important attribute. Also add SS Skill rank for girls who are specially gifted in that speciality. like girl with musician trait are not only learn faster, but also can go further.

Reactions: Ingvar77

tak51

Dec 17, 2017
Hi, I did a suboptimal guild request for the second time (did a C+ contract when i had the option for B-/B+) and got a really small speed award (500 sparks for the slave and 170 for speed) although I did it in 4 days.
Is the speed reward supposed to be decreased when you don't go for the top request?

I also got a question on cooking: As cream and cheese are in the same list than egg and milk, is it possible to craft them if you have a barn with a cow&harpy? Or is the only way to get them is to buy them at the Gastronomicon?

Also, is it cheaper to buy food with the assistant than manually if she has a good secretary/accountant skill?

Last edited:

Svenn85

Nov 5, 2018
ImperatorAugustusTertius

I always have so many questions about this game, but I usually forget to write them down so I forget them. But I wrote a few down. I hope I'm not wasting too much of your time with this.

- What are the negatives of rewarding with a lower level reward than the slave feels merit?

- Would you consider adding an option to train the assistant in common skills without moving her to the slave spot?

- Does Active Sex increase a slave's sex skills? And what about the various options in Active Sex? Do they have any effect beyond the activity itself (like the "perverse games", slapping, hitting, pulling hair, etc.)

- Does Breast Size affect selling price of a slave or is it mainly for milk production?

- Is Natural Exoticism a randomized stat that some slaves have a higher amount than others?

- Does Thorn Crown increase dynslave['masochism'] over time or the masochism sex skill?

- Do Shackles prevent slaves from physically fighting you? And do you need to equip shackles when you train sexual skills for slaves to get the bonus or just have it in the inventory?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
- What are the negatives of rewarding with a lower level reward than the slave feels merit?
Mostly no negatives aside from lower level rewards having smaller benefits. If you promised a gift or reward and then don’t meet expectations, that has some negatives until you make up for it. In that case it’s not matching the amount of merit that matters, just the level and type of the reward given.

- Would you consider adding an option to train the assistant in common skills without moving her to the slave spot?
Not in the near future. It would be less effort than it used to be thanks to a lot of consolidation in the 2.2.x code but still a lot of work.

- Does Active Sex increase a slave's sex skills? And what about the various options in Active Sex? Do they have any effect beyond the activity itself (like the "perverse games", slapping, hitting, pulling hair, etc.)
Yes and yes.

- Does Breast Size affect selling price of a slave or is it mainly for milk production?
The latter.

- Is Natural Exoticism a randomized stat that some slaves have a higher amount than others?
Yes.

- Does Thorn Crown increase dynslave['masochism'] over time or the masochism sex skill?
No.

- Do Shackles prevent slaves from physically fighting you? And do you need to equip shackles when you train sexual skills for slaves to get the bonus or just have it in the inventory?
No. Yes.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes