sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Nah

Angelica say "don't have to be the one I gave you", that mean the guild doesn't give a fuck about the girl. It's just same as saying you can do whatever you want with her, as long as you perform the guild contract.They only care about the result.
No, it means the guild has given all the risk of training failure to you. If you mind-break her, she dies, or manages to get away you are still on the hook to deliver.

To a 3rd party, that brand means the merchandise is part of a contract between the guild and the seller. The sale is almost certainly legal and aboveboard, but that doesn't mean there is no risk to a potential buyer. It also means the buyer can guess how much the seller could expect should he have returned the property to the guild.

Reactions: toolkitxx and ordos

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Tentacle ordos
Instead of needlessly discussing the rule in here you should head over into the site section and read up.
The entire rule is about avoiding attraction by law enforcement by any means. They are ruthless when it comes to that kind of content and as such F95 risks a total shutdown once it gets focus of those agencies.
So instead of blaming the site admins that they 'miss' something you should actually point them to the appropriate content if you wish F95 to exist also in the future.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I agree with you all, despite your diverging opinions, they make sense and are cohesive in their own regards.

Let's all just be happy that we're allowed to link a patch to restore the game the way it was intended to be. It makes us think we're welcome here, it's just that we need to make a detour. That's not so bad. :)

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Please keep the off-topic Rule 7 discussion out of this thread.

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
Tentacle ordos
Instead of needlessly discussing the rule in here you should head over into the site section and read up.
I wasn`t discussing the rule itself, neither questioning it`s usefulness.
I was asking about aplying this rule by different angles to the similar games, presented on this site.
Mostly my question was about understanding the way this rule was aplied to the Jack-o-nine.
From my point of view this game has the same content as the other games still downloadable from this site.
And I am saying this not as developer or other way intersted person - I played some of those games too. And played Jack.
As a simple player I just do not understand this situation.

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
I wasn`t discussing the rule itself, neither questioning it`s usefulness.
I was asking about aplying this rule by different angles to the similar games, presented on this site.
Mostly my question was about understanding the way this rule was aplied to the Jack-o-nine.
From my point of view this game has the same content as the other games still downloadable from this site.
And I am saying this not as developer or other way intersted person - I played some of those games too. And played Jack.
As a simple player I just do not understand this situation.
As staff, we have to decide on matters as they come. And in this case, it was decided that images (of which there were many) broke rule 7, meaning there was an ultimatum: we delete the game in it's entirety, or the offending content is removed. Thankfully, the community was willing to remove the offending content and have that content in an off-site patch.

If any of ye have further questions, feel free to send a PM my way. I'll walk through any further questions you may have to the best of my abilities.
(Basically, try and keep discussions outta here).

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
Please keep the off-topic Rule 7 discussion out of this thread.
I do understand the need for this rule or why the mods are in a difficult position. So just we all understand. rule 7 bans games with loli content. But are we not allowed to disscuse what is loli and what is not loli? or is loli a completely taboo subject for this forum?

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I do understand the need for this rule or why the mods are in a difficult position. So just we all understand. rule 7 bans games with loli content. But are we not allowed to disscuse what is loli and what is not loli? or is loli a completely taboo subject for this forum?
You are allowed to discuss Rule 7, but this thread is for Jack-o-Nine-Tails discussion only.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Just a heads-up. With Powerairmax, we both are in for a change of name. Basically, the Russian title was badly translated from Russian. As ordos explained.

We both agreed on renaming it The Jack's Whip. This is a late discussion mater, we will take the decision at the very end, but how would you guys feel about that, all things considered?

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
Just a heads-up. With Powerairmax, we both are in for a change of name. Basically, the Russian title was badly translated from Russian. As ordos explained.

We both agreed on renaming it The Jack's Whip. This is a late discussion mater, we will take the decision at the very end, but how would you guys feel about that, all things considered?
You meaning changing the name of the game?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017

That is actually an ethical question. Either you are creating a complete new game with code written and designed by yourself - then a new name doesnt matter and this would be the wrong thread.
But taking an existing product, translating or just changing it makes it a mod and changing the name would then be highly unethical.

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017

Jack o'nine tails is actually a play on the name cat o'nine tails.
Cat o'nine tails is an actual whip used by the navy to discipline sailors. So I think the name is actually perfect.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
That is actually an ethical question. Either you are creating a complete new game with code written and designed by yourself - then a new name doesnt matter and this would be the wrong thread.
But taking an existing product, translating or just changing it makes it a mod and changing the name would then be highly unethical.
… unless the original terms of use allowed it or the creator agrees.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019

Why dontcha ask OldHuntsman himself? That is, if him dont mind y'all changin the name.

From OldHuntsman: "Old Huntsman is here. You may know me on such games as “Black Furry”, “Royal Hunt”, “Defiler Wings” and the “Jack-o-nine-tails” of course. "

Last edited:

victkh

Dec 30, 2017
In russian "Валет плетей" - translation Jack lashes
плетьlash, scourge, thong, flagellum, sjambok, cat-o'-nine-tails
so game name is not so bad

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
My take away from ordos' post was that "valet" (the first word in the Russian title) is the jack from playing cards, being the 4th most powerful card in a suit and one of the face cards.

If I was choosing the name of the original English version I think I would have chosen something different from Jack-o-nine-tails. The dashes bother me. Perhaps "Jack o'Nine Tails" or "Jack of Nine Tails" would have been my choice if I had thought of the cat o'nine tails. I'm not necessarily smart enough to have done that so I probably would have come up with "Jack of Lashes".

However, I think the name was chosen. It has stuck for many years, over 5 at this point. Many thousands of people have played this game and that's how they know it. I think we're stuck with "Jack-o-nine-tails" as the primary name. The remaining question is to chose a version name for the possible upcoming release.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes