ordos

Aug 21, 2018
In russian "Валет плетей" - translation Jack lashes
плетьlash, scourge, thong, flagellum, sjambok, cat-o'-nine-tails
so game name is not so bad
"Jack of Lashes" is the most accurate translation for the "Валет Плетей [Valet Pletey]. As I explained earlier here.
"Jack-o-nine-tails" is more artistic version. Though less accurate, due to loss of playing cards affiliation, but still keeps the meaning.

P.S. Don't rely blindly on Google translate. It shits on ye subtleties of the sense.

P.P.S.
For better understanding to the author`s stream of thoughts, I will copy here the russian names of all four suits compared to the original name of the game:
Валет Червей - Валет Бубей - Валет Крестей - Валет Пикей - / - Валет Плетей
And the fifth suit is our hero, not without the filth though :)

/"ей" ending in russian is similar to preposition "of" in english/

Last edited:

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
You can actually have them right now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yo! You one of them devs? Any more bugfixin updates?

My take away from ordos' post was that "valet" (the first word in the Russian title) is the jack from playing cards, being the 4th most powerful card in a suit and one of the face cards.

If I was choosing the name of the original English version I think I would have chosen something different from Jack-o-nine-tails. The dashes bother me. Perhaps "Jack o'Nine Tails" or "Jack of Nine Tails" would have been my choice if I had thought of the cat o'nine tails. I'm not necessarily smart enough to have done that so I probably would have come up with "Jack of Lashes".

However, I think the name was chosen. It has stuck for many years, over 5 at this point. Many thousands of people have played this game and that's how they know it. I think we're stuck with "Jack-o-nine-tails" as the primary name. The remaining question is to chose a version name for the possible upcoming release.
"Jack of Lashes" is the most accurate translation for the "Валет Плетей [Valet Pletey]. As I explained earlier here.
"Jack-o-nine-tails" is more artistic version. Though less accurate, due to loss of playing cards affiliation, but still keeps the meaning.

P.S. Don't rely blindly on Google translate. It shits on ye subtleties of the sense.

P.P.S.
For better understanding to the author`s stream of thoughts, I will copy here the russian names of all four suits compared to the original name of the game:
Валет Червей - Валет Бубей - Валет Крестей - Валет Пикей - / - Валет Плетей
And the fifth suit is our hero, not without the filth though :)

/"ей" ending in russian is similar to preposition "of" in english/
you one of them devs? you still giving tips on how to fix them bugs? coz couple more bugs that need fixin. can you devs give tips on fixes while we waiting for them new mod?

Found a bug, if you buy all the clothing available for a slave when you try to equip them you run out of space for all the selection, so you can't equip them all, and the strip naked option can't be clicked anymore
I have some question, can someone please help me?
1. Im playing ver 1.7.6, finished the game at maxed stats skills for the nerd, except the guild reputation, i stuck at "Guild Hotshot" although already finished 4 B+ rank works, and i only got C- for the finish game rate. I wonder is there anything to improve that ?
2.After finished game, i cant find the Felicity quest anywhere, can someone please tell me how to get that quest?
3. I cant make my girl a Arena Grand Champion like the old versions though i defeated all 5 houses champions, can anyone tell me how to do that in this ver please?
Thanks you.
My slave has maxed fame and appearance, elegant and mystical, plus arena champion, I did a test and found out the reason for that Payment is she has contract brand.
Take a look at her. Theres NO WAY she has a value of 900 Spark right ? But every single time i reload and put her in the Auction, i got 900 LMAO

View attachment 332495

That contract brand ruined her value so drastically

View attachment 332496

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
you one of them devs? you still giving tips on how to fix them bugs? coz couple more bugs that need fixin. can you devs give tips on fixes while we waiting for them new mod?
I'll see if I can reproduce some of these, thanks for reporting them. The clothing options seems like the easiest and first one that I'll look at.

I feel for nobitand9 training that contract branded slave, I suspect that is intentional behavior though. I'm doing all my testing on 1.8 as well.

#bugs

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
I'll see if I can reproduce some of these, thanks for reporting them. The clothing options seems like the easiest and first one that I'll look at.

I feel for nobitand9 training that contract branded slave, I suspect that is intentional behavior though. I'm doing all my testing on 1.8 as well.

#bugs
Ya rocks saintly dev man! (y) I coulda kiss ya if yer a hot chick in real life but ya probly have tasers.

wheres that tracygotrocks dev why aint he responding/posting/liking no more? dude spams posts whys he so quiet nows? he fixed them snake necklace bug.

ok somehow i managed to crack down combat with minimal stuff. Here is my small guide:
-Train STR and Fighting at colessuem till you master both
-Get a Great axe, any kind of armor elven mail or above, learn battle frenzy, dashing blow, round kick
-With combo above you can beat young fiends and orcs
-Obtain 3 relic, raven crown, bull's ring and Chimaera's Gem, these all will boost your stats
-Now you can deal with double goblins, cannibal horde and any kind of fiend without relying on pots
-Trick is always kill the first enemy with special attacks, then start killing others according to their defence style. For example for second enemy i always try to use attacks that stacks negative stats on them. Do this till they start using blocking defence style then woodchopping rest of the battle.
-For rest of the enemies you need pots. Cause even they are in smaller numbers each one is powerful, you can destroy 1st one pretty quick but before attacking the next you gonna usepots this time.
Howdya kill them blond chick saber? Shes whoopin my ass.

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
Howdya kill them blond chick saber? Shes whoopin my ass.
Saber? you mean vaticant champion who has Saber avatar?i recommend use heavy weapon for your slave. Stack unsteadiness and fury and adrenaline, wait for her to block then use special attack of the Axe, you are done.
Btw does Grandchampion titles still exist in this version? I cant get that title even after beat all 5 houses champions though.
And the Post-patrician to train Felicia for the final armor, how do i get it?

Reactions: ryouG

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Interesting discussion up there, I was right to ask it; plurality of opinions always offer a richer outcome. What we'll do is try to contact Old Huntsman himself and ask if he'd change the game's name to another more idiomatic equivalent, given the choice.

ordos : if you're able to contact him and want to discuss it with him, I trust your diplomacy. If you have other cats to whip... Let us know so we handle it ourselves. ;)

ryouG : The contributor in question warned us privately that he wasn't interested in this mod anymore. He didn't give us a reason, we won't speak on his behalf.

Reactions: StJesuz

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
Saber? you mean vaticant champion who has Saber avatar?i recommend use heavy weapon for your slave. Stack unsteadiness and fury and adrenaline, wait for her to block then use special attack of the Axe, you are done.
Btw does Grandchampion titles still exist in this version? I cant get that title even after beat all 5 houses champions though.
Ya, thats the chick. Ya gots some nice tips ya awesome kick them blond chicks ass hardcore player man.
Grandchampion? Dunno. Better ask them devs.
Them post game patrician stuff ya better ask knows what he sayin modder man powerairmax

i used the ordos's mega link you quoted in your reply to me

to get Lord Spectre to show up you need to
have 15000 sparks or more.
brand reputation at celebrity or higher.
guild reputation at hotshot or higher and have the noble status.

(there's not that much indication that you have the noble status aside from the text 'Now I’m noble and patrician of "insert big house name here". If I need help, I can always rely on the "insert big house name here".' you get when visiting one of the big houses) so to get that status you need to sell slaves till you can enter big 4 houses and sell slaves to them till they give you the noble status.

to successfully deliver the quest, felicity should have the following:

-max rating S+ (does not mean all skills maxed but just enough for the S+ rating).
-all sex techniques maxed.
-pride unashamed.
-spoil does not spoil aura.
-devotion myriads aura.
-race grand champion (win more than 6 races 1st place).
-vaginal vibe rule always on.
-never turn on your leftovers option in her diet.
-always have the fiend's cum option on in her diet.
-behave alarm rule always on.
-bath slave rule always on.
-milkmaid rule always on.
-always have a fiend at your disposal (throughout the quest you will have the fiend die once or twice so make sure to buy another one when that happens before you end the day).
-she must have a tattoo count of 5 or more which means (fiend tattoo+brand tattoo+"the big tattoo you finish it one part each day"+permanent makeup+small tattoo if it shows up) and they need to be in that order or you wont get to finish the big tattoo.
-have her mass piercings including scarring and tongue spliting.
-have her wear nothing but nipple chain on nipples and heavy gauge rings on her naval and barbells on her tongue (the actual code lines for this part is confusing so it can work both ways if she wears nothing but those itmes or other items with them but the point is she must have those 3 items no matter what).
-she must have exhibitionist trait (keep training her through exhibitionism in demonstration from sex education).
-she must have nymphomaniac trait (you will unlock it while training her sex techniques).
-she must have pervert trait (you will unlock it while training her sex techniques).
-she must have bi-sexual trait (keep having her do lesbian shows through "slave assignment not assistant assignment" over and over till you unlock it).
-at the time of delivering her, she must be pregnant.
-at the time of delivering her, she must be at max arousal.
Interesting discussion up there, I was right to ask it; plurality of opinions always offer a richer outcome. What we'll do is try to contact Old Huntsman himself and ask if he'd change the game's name to another more idiomatic equivalent, given the choice.

ordos : if you're able to contact him and want to discuss it with him, I trust your diplomacy. If you have other cats to whip... Let us know so we handle it ourselves. ;)

ryouG : The contributor in question warned us privately that he wasn't interested in this mod anymore. He didn't give us a reason, we won't speak on his behalf.
aint my business buttin in awesome boss modder man but sounds like ya devs havin them catfights. shame. dude gives long ass reviews n bugfixes. but no problemo boss modder man wes got them saintly dev Stjesus so yous still got yer awesome mod.

Reactions: nobitand9

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
The second question is easiest to answer and it has been thoroughly answered by PAM:
https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-nine-tails-v1-8-hf-old-huntsman-et-al.390/post-1974942

Arena Grand Champion is in the code it should be applied to a slave or assistant with arena_level > 8 (presumably 8 wins, as Arena Champion is for arena_level > 4)
Code:
IF slave['arena_level'] > 8: $features_list += 'Arena Grand Champion<BR>'
I have not reached this level through normal play and the fights become much harder once the "Arena Champion" level is reached. The code section where arena_level gets increased looks like interaction_city.
I'm no coder but it looks like the fighter must beat all champions as well as the group fight and the fiend challenge.

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
Не , я русский, просто думал плеть валета тоже норм)
Yo! You real Russian dude? Have ya tried mars & jins russian jack o nine tails mod? Is it any good?

The second question is easiest to answer and it has been thoroughly answered by PAM:
https://f95zone.to/threads/jack-o-nine-tails-v1-8-hf-old-huntsman-et-al.390/post-1974942

Arena Grand Champion is in the code it should be applied to a slave or assistant with arena_level > 8 (presumably 8 wins, as Arena Champion is for arena_level > 4)
Code:
IF slave['arena_level'] > 8: $features_list += 'Arena Grand Champion<BR>'
I have not reached this level through normal play and the fights become much harder once the "Arena Champion" level is reached. The code section where arena_level gets increased looks like interaction_city.
I'm no coder but it looks like the fighter must beat all champions as well as the group fight and the fiend challenge.
yo devs, some red hair chick shanghaid me pregnant slave. Sez she be returnin me slave. how long do i has to wait? waitin for 100+ days aint seein no slave.

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017

It seems we just lack a ' in the game's name. That should be pretty transparent to change ;)

(4 years ago, when I stumbled on this game, I thought this was about the nine-tailed fox from the Japanese mythology, lol).

ordos

Aug 21, 2018
Не , я русский, просто думал плеть валета тоже норм)
Well then you should know, that this picture reflects the literal meaning of the original game`s name "Валет Плетей".

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
Then with the lower of auction price, it will take quite sometime to get 100k gold,damn.
lower? so new mod gives ya less when auctioning yer slave?

EDIT: Yo! thanks to yer advice i kills them vatican champ. then slave goes arena grand champ. Me slave kills fiend, then champ then slaves then another champ then saber.

Last edited:
Reactions: nobitand9

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
I'm
lower? so new mod gives ya less when auctioning yer slave?

EDIT: Yo! thanks to yer advice i kills them vatican champ. then slave goes arena grand champ. Me slave kills fiend, then champ then slaves then another champ then saber.
Welcome! Well in the older verbs rank slave has a value of 30k + gold you know, but for now you only get around 7k gold at best in the auction, mean u need 14+ s rank slave for 100k gold, And smuggling pretty much useless TN.

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
I'm

Welcome! Well in the older verbs rank slave has a value of 30k + gold you know, but for now you only get around 7k gold at best in the auction, mean u need 14+ s rank slave for 100k gold, And smuggling pretty much useless TN.
Thats coz yer advice rocks! (y) ya awesome blond chick ass whoopin player dude.

Seriously!? 30 grand? WTF!? what version is that? howdya test 7k max? i reads in some post for noobs advice by dude named nemth ya dont need above b+ slave coz he be makin 5k to 6k per slave wich is probl old mod.

Smugglin? Cool! Howdya do smugglin? aint know nothin bout smugglin.

Ya knows bout another mod by mars n jin? it in russian. cant link here coz wes gonna get ours asses whooped by them mods.

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
Thats coz yer advice rocks! (y) ya awesome blond chick ass whoopin player dude.

Seriously!? 30 grand? WTF!? what version is that? howdya test 7k max? i reads in some post for noobs advice by dude named nemth ya dont need above b+ slave coz he be makin 5k to 6k per slave wich is probl old mod.

Smugglin? Cool! Howdya do smugglin? aint know nothin bout smugglin.

Ya knows bout another mod by mars n jin? it in russian. cant link here coz wes gonna get ours asses whooped by them mods.
ITs was ver 1.5. My highest auction ever was 50k spark for a s+ slave. I have played only English ver, so dunno about russian mod. And to smuggle, go to border of fog, check the smugglers and order pacel, with 2k spark u got a c+ with all blue stats. But now it's not profitable that's much doing so anymore, since the price is lower and the risk of getting caught isn't worth it.

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
I was freakin out! i thought while ago cops raided them f95. Coz everything went under maintenance poof.

ITs was ver 1.5. My highest auction ever was 50k spark for a s+ slave. I have played only English ver, so dunno about russian mod. And to smuggle, go to border of fog, check the smugglers and order pacel, with 2k spark u got a c+ with all blue stats. But now it's not profitable that's much doing so anymore, since the price is lower and the risk of getting caught isn't worth it.
But if yer gettin 50 grand, what ya gonna buy with it? I knows nothin bout ver 1.5. Does it have big quest or kickass items where ya need 50 grand?
Sure wish devs teach us how to do them programming magic so wes dont nags them so much. We coulda bring back them 50 grand slave in ours own game. Mes gonna gives my assistant lasers or death rays so if i fails them felicitys quest i coulda tells them assassins to go kiss my ass with them toasted faces.

EDIT: russian mods by russian modders mars n jinn. it recent mod. ya google Валет Плетей then look fer 2019 stuff. i hears it has lots of quests n stuff. found me here this neat translation programming magic stuff https://f95zone.to/threads/tools-for-qsp.249/. dont know when awesome boss modder man release em english mod so while we waitin why not try them russian stuff.

Last edited:

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
I was freakin out! i thought while ago cops raided them f95. Coz everything went under maintenance poof.

But if yer gettin 50 grand, what ya gonna buy with it? I knows nothin bout ver 1.5. Does it have big quest or kickass items where ya need 50 grand?
Sure wish devs teach us how to do them programming magic so wes dont nags them so much. We coulda bring back them 50 grand slave in ours own game. Mes gonna gives my assistant lasers or death rays so if i fails them felicitys quest i coulda tells them assassins to go kiss my ass with them toasted faces.

EDIT: russian mods by russian modders mars n jinn. it recent mod. ya google Валет Плетей then look fer 2019 stuff. i hears it has lots of quests n stuff. found me here this neat translation programming magic stuff https://f95zone.to/threads/tools-for-qsp.249/. dont know when awesome boss modder man release em english mod so while we waitin why not try them russian stuff.
One of the game goals is to collect 100k gold, aside from maxing main char stats. The items isn't expensive that much, sadly they didn't developed the item and enchanting futher. With 10k u can buy everything in the game already. I don't play Russ ver cause i can't read Russ, eng is good enough for me, but thanks for suggesting.

nobitand9

May 21, 2019
Btw I think we should reconsider about the girl's attitude who people rescue from the fog. It's just strange that they freaking hate and feel hostility toward the person that just saved their life. Btw I just found a bug with the snake talisman. It's not show in the inventory after I finished the quest And doesn't appear by any mean.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes