qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Oh, I'm asking about version merging of community contributions. Do I use merge requests on gitgud or are there other methods?
It depends. If your changes introduce lore contradictions or jarring placeholders, then the best bet is to do a mod, publish it in the wiki and then share it here.

If you really want to reshape the game and your change are an objective improvement, merge requests on gitgud sound like a good idea.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: alan0511

alan0511

Dec 4, 2023
It depends. If your changes introduce lore contradictions or jarring placeholders, then the best bet is to do a mod, publish it in the wiki and then share it here.

If you really want to reshape the game and your change are an objective improvement, merge requests on gitgud sound like a good idea.
So for example if I’m making shops disabling slave clothes that you already own for that slave and are of category that makes no sense to have duplicates (gloves, shoes etc) it would be considered as an objective improvement right?

I’m wondering if introducing marriage system be a huge change to working lore if it has strict requirements and expensive. Some ideas I have in mind:
  • You can only marry once
  • A large sum to host a public wedding ceremony
  • Divorcing due to mistreatment or if you sell her heavily impacts brand status
  • Dining out or cooking cost is doubled
  • Living standard cost is doubled
  • Disables sleep in my bed option for non-spouse slaves (wife sleeps there)
  • Disables alarm rule for non-spouse (same reason as above)
  • When your spouse is too aroused she may use you to relief stress (reducing one energy star for both and reduced hygiene)
Having a spouse only gives you some minor benefits: it’s meant to be an achievement more than something that boost your abilities
  • Your spouse will not be taken away if found pregnant. However, she will suffer reduced energy according to stage of pregnancy and cannot go into cryostasis after the point of no abortion, while you’ll be paying an additional fee to Vatican per decade for their men stationing in your house supervising the process. This also induces reduced mood to everyone. After child is born you’ll also be forced to pay donations per decade to have your child raised (stacks, lasts 3600 days for every child).
  • One time fame increase for spouse when wedding is held
  • Nature increases by spoil
  • Your spouse will always have good style as if she go to salon and get full treatment every day if your living standard is high enough (you’re paying double, after all)

Don’t mind me just drafting and spitting ideas around, and let me know what you think if anyone cares.

Hard criteria to even be eligible to spouse is in progress while I’ve noticed this reply is already too long.

Reactions: GmFn1869

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
So for example if I’m making shops disabling slave clothes that you already own for that slave and are of category that makes no sense to have duplicates (gloves, shoes etc) it would be considered as an objective improvement right?
I don't think so. A player might want to buy clothes for the next slave (they adapt in size because magic™), you'd reduce his agency.

I’m wondering if introducing marriage system be a huge change to working lore if it has strict requirements and expensive. Some ideas I have in mind:
  • You can only marry once
  • A large sum to host a public wedding ceremony
Sounds cool to me (y)

• Divorcing due to mistreatment or if you sell her heavily impacts brand status
"Mistreatment" sounds out-of-universe a bit. I don't think future client cares what you do to your wife when they are on their way to buy slaves.

Be careful not to project a western current moral paradigm onto the game; what is "right" and "wrong" seem obvious to us but is certainly not universal or eternal. My first thought is that I'm pretty sure a woman cannot divorce from her husband for mistreatment under Sharia Law, and even in Russia (from which the game originates) a few years ago. Eternal Rome is an overcrowded multiversal dystopia with mainstream slavery and cannibalism. The customs should be a lot more hardcore than real life examples. For other references, look at monologues from Sade (basically a blueprint for this game); there you get philosophy discourses with claims such as "there are no good reasons for a ruler to declare illegal actions like killing your own daughter if one finds it entertaining".

• Dining out or cooking cost is doubled
  • Living standard cost is doubled
Doesn't make much sense than a woman eats as much as a man, or that you let her become a financial liability. There must be something that makes up for it at least.

• Disables sleep in my bed option for non-spouse slaves (wife sleeps there)
  • Disables alarm rule for non-spouse (same reason as above)
Or the wife could be able to join in on the fun? :unsure: Also, should be the player's right to decide who sleeps in his bed between his wife and his slave, and the dev's responsibility to code matching reactions such as jealousy or agreeableness.

• When your spouse is too aroused she may use you to relief stress (reducing one energy star for both and reduced hygiene)
Maybe an unfortunate way of writing what you meant, but "she may use you"? Do you intend to make it be femdom and not let the character/player have a say in things and submit his dominant position to his wife?

I'm not against femdom in the game whenever it'd make sense, but unless your aura/physique is weak, or you do roleplay, having a wife has no good reason to turn upside down the dom/sub dynamic of the game.

Having a spouse only gives you some minor benefits: it’s meant to be an achievement more than something that boost your abilities
  • Your spouse will not be taken away if found pregnant. However, she will suffer reduced energy according to stage of pregnancy and cannot go into cryostasis after the point of no abortion, while you’ll be paying an additional fee to Vatican per decade for their men stationing in your house supervising the process. This also induces reduced mood to everyone. After child is born you’ll also be forced to pay donations per decade to have your child raised (stacks, lasts 3600 days for every child).
That's a very good project that everyone would be on board with... But I think there needs to be more than that, to accommodate for the lore. Eternal Rome is overcrowded, the Vatican wouldn't really want to oversea children just because you are married and give them sparks (they might be the won to order their massproduction themselves).

What I had in mind was to make an endquest in which you try to find allies against the Vatican (such as Serpi president who seems salty about not being able to keep children). Triumphing over them might give you some political power to change whatever you want about the laws.

That plan might be detrimental to the gameplay loop, and too ambitious to implement with our means. So in the meantime, my suggestion is to allow pregnancy and birthgiving once you sold a slave to the pope. That'll still require money on top of that, but at least you'll be able to ask such favors, being above just patrician. But I'm not sure we should gatekeep pregnancy with wedding; Jont's Vatican is not the Church of our real world.

• One time fame increase for spouse when wedding is held
  • Nature increases by spoil
  • Your spouse will always have good style as if she go to salon and get full treatment every day if your living standard is high enough (you’re paying double, after all)
Sounds adequate to me (y)

Don’t mind me just drafting and spitting ideas around, and let me know what you think if anyone cares.
I think many people care about pregnancy content.

As for the rest, I think the idea should be to first develop a good "love system" before talking about wedding.

Good on you to be motivated to work on this game already, it's really neat.

alan0511

Dec 4, 2023
I don't think so. A player might want to buy clothes for the next slave (they adapt in size because magic™), you'd reduce his agency.

Sounds cool to me (y)

"Mistreatment" sounds out-of-universe a bit. I don't think future client cares what you do to your wife when they are on their way to buy slaves.

Be careful not to project a western current moral paradigm onto the game; what is "right" and "wrong" seem obvious to us but is certainly not universal or eternal. My first thought is that I'm pretty sure a woman cannot divorce from her husband for mistreatment under Sharia Law, and even in Russia (from which the game originates) a few years ago. Eternal Rome is an overcrowded multiversal dystopia with mainstream slavery and cannibalism. The customs should be a lot more hardcore than real life examples. For other references, look at monologues from Sade (basically a blueprint for this game); there you get philosophy discourses with claims such as "there are no good reasons for a ruler to declare illegal actions like killing your own daughter if one finds it entertaining".

Doesn't make much sense than a woman eats as much as a man, or that you let her become a financial liability. There must be something that makes up for it at least.

Or the wife could be able to join in on the fun? :unsure: Also, should be the player's right to decide who sleeps in his bed between his wife and his slave, and the dev's responsibility to code matching reactions such as jealousy or agreeableness.

Maybe an unfortunate way of writing what you meant, but "she may use you"? Do you intend to make it be femdom and not let the character/player have a say in things and submit his dominant position to his wife?

I'm not against femdom in the game whenever it'd make sense, but unless your aura/physique is weak, or you do roleplay, having a wife has no good reason to turn upside down the dom/sub dynamic of the game.

That's a very good project that everyone would be on board with... But I think there needs to be more than that, to accommodate for the lore. Eternal Rome is overcrowded, the Vatican wouldn't really want to oversea children just because you are married and give them sparks (they might be the won to order their massproduction themselves).

What I had in mind was to make an endquest in which you try to find allies against the Vatican (such as Serpi president who seems salty about not being able to keep children). Triumphing over them might give you some political power to change whatever you want about the laws.

That plan might be detrimental to the gameplay loop, and too ambitious to implement with our means. So in the meantime, my suggestion is to allow pregnancy and birthgiving once you sold a slave to the pope. That'll still require money on top of that, but at least you'll be able to ask such favors, being above just patrician. But I'm not sure we should gatekeep pregnancy with wedding; Jont's Vatican is not the Church of our real world.

Sounds adequate to me (y)

I think many people care about pregnancy content.

As for the rest, I think the idea should be to first develop a good "love system" before talking about wedding.

Good on you to be motivated to work on this game already, it's really neat.
Thanks for the feedback! It can be split into a two stage thing, first introducing some kind of right to have pregnant slave, and then think about more complicated (uhhh potentially too ambitious) spouse thing afterwards.

I did initially think about requiring to fulfill pope’s quest but to even be able to meet pope your brand status is already maxed out to begin with. I was thinking to have spouse’s fame become max(brand,fame+1), she can only be as famous as your brand after all? But yeah if throwing spouse thing out of the window this would be a good requirement.

I didn’t know buying additional clothes actually carry over to the next slave, thought I saw code about auto selling all when selling the slave. Ill check the code after I get off work.

Reactions: GmFn1869

alan0511

Dec 4, 2023
So I was gonna auction a slave. Then they gave me 400 for her. Tell me how this looks like a 400$ slave (who apparently also has no specialization as well according to the assistant)

edit: Looked at earlier save, she had her specials 10 days earlier before rankup.
Just checking roadmap / fix backlog
I believe this is due to meeting requirement of no specialization leading to ALL auction NPCs having no interest (having cap_summ[$auction_participant] never set to any value), however weird logic this is.

Remember, to qualify for a specialization, slave's skill set must be the same or exceed its overall ranking.

I tried training her Elocution to A+ and she immediately sold like hot cake, landing at a well over $6000 price.

Multiple specialization will increase the amount of customers interested in the object resulting in a small bump to the final price. See attached slave.

I believe ranking logic needs to be adjusted based on fulfilled specializations and maybe a multi layer perceived ranking logic:
For example, my slave has enough skills to be ranked A+ by sheer amount of skills and attributes, but only has A+ Servant skillset while posting B+ Assistant. A customer who wants an assistant should view the slave as B+ only instead of valuing nothing at all, while a customer who wants Servant will gladly see the slave as A+. If none of the specialization requirement is met, a new tooltip should emerge to notify about lack of specialization requirement and cap the overall rank at highest specialization.

Edit: primitive fix merge request created

Last edited:
Reactions: qwertyu12359

alan0511

Dec 4, 2023
For today, I looked at the roadmap again and came up with some more proposals regarding factions

From the code I learned that after proceeding your rep with a certain faction above a certain point you can no longer gain favor from the opposing faction. I believe there is potential in this rivalry relation.
  • Make shops in White Town have affiliation with one of the factions and potentially provide discounts if you have good reputation with their affiliated faction
  • Some kind of mid game quest that is offered when you are over the point that you can longer gain reputation with their opposing faction (I believe it’s B?) and gives unique reward (NOT powerful equipments like the WT forum quests)
This should make picking a faction more impactful for the game experience and potentially increase replayability (gotta try the reward of the other side!) while also laying a foundation for future union/trade guild thing: each faction basically controls a category of business, so we don’t need to introduce a new entity to the game while this should fit into the dystopian lore (surprise surprise factions are backed by mega corporations).

unique reward brainstorm:
  • Outcasts: allow buying F- slave with guaranteed cow trait, increase egg sell profit to $1.5 (rounded down) and fix milk price to $4
  • Serpentine: allow succubus transformation surgery ($200) adding the trait to a slave. The slave will be able to gain calorie and energy from your cums (once a day) and will not get pregnant unless there’s more than enough calories
  • Bulls: Enables school to teach lewd skills and free salon services (in White town) while offering to-your-door salon service at a small fee
  • Necropolis: New Taxi business allowing you to send well trained ponies to work their and collect additional incomes. This also means you and your assistant get free cab rides around the town costing no energy (GTA4 lol)

Last edited:

krustus

Feb 21, 2022
I just found the Time to Log-In after a while and i saw you linked my attempt at a Guide in the OP. Thank you so very much! For real, that is just amazing and makes me quite happy indeed hehe So nice and i hope it will be helpful for Newbies in the Future! I'd never thought it would be helpful enough to be highlighted this way, so that is just so cool from you! Now i just need to find the Time to finish or start a new one. There is still so much i want to help the Newbies with, man why can't days have 48 Hours instead. Keep going, my friends and Thank you!

alan0511

Dec 4, 2023
:unsure:Some random thoughts about specialization rebalancing
Not sure why Gladiatrix is specifically tied to TWO attributes while no other specialization does.
My thoughts:
  • Servant: Maid + Cooking + Petting
  • Assistant: Secretary + Elocution
  • Witch Doctor: Nursing + Alchemy + Witchcraft
  • Performer: Gladiatrix + Dancing + Endure
  • Artist: Music + Painting
  • Pet Pony: Pet + Pony + horse mating?
  • Concubine do concubine things lol
Servant is way too cheap to achieve since training also automatically do the chore.
Gladiatrix just seems somewhat out of place all things considered and you're probably earning extra sparks taking her to fights. Pony has somewhat similar problem.

Most specializations has additional requirements should you play on hard difficulty:
  • Servant: Penetration + Oral (“serve me” options)
  • Assistant: Empathy
  • Witch Doctor: Intellect
  • Performer: Exoticism + Demonstration
  • Artist: Temperament
  • Pet Pony: Nature
  • Concubine: Beauty

This should make most specializations more balanced between each other in terms of cost to train one, especially when you're in early game trying to achieve very high turnover rate and not want to savescum on auction (hardcore no load run).

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
:unsure:Some random thoughts about specialization rebalancing
Not sure why Gladiatrix is specifically tied to TWO attributes while no other specialization does.
My thoughts:
  • Servant: Maid + Cooking + Petting
  • Assistant: Secretary + Elocution
  • Witch Doctor: Nursing + Alchemy + Witchcraft
  • Performer: Gladiatrix + Dancing + Endure
  • Artist: Music + Painting
  • Pet Pony: Pet + Pony + horse mating?
  • Concubine do concubine things lol
Servant is way too cheap to achieve since training also automatically do the chore.
Gladiatrix just seems somewhat out of place all things considered and you're probably earning extra sparks taking her to fights. Pony has somewhat similar problem.

Most specializations has additional requirements should you play on hard difficulty:
  • Servant: Penetration + Oral (“serve me” options)
  • Assistant: Empathy
  • Witch Doctor: Intellect
  • Performer: Exoticism + Demonstration
  • Artist: Temperament
  • Pet Pony: Nature
  • Concubine: Beauty

This should make most specializations more balanced between each other in terms of cost to train one, especially when you're in early game trying to achieve very high turnover rate and not want to savescum on auction (hardcore no load run).
You might have seen some blueprint for specialization overhaul in the OP's roadmap and they align with your diagnosis.

I am absolutely in favor of putting some sex acts as requirements for a specialization. Currently, you're expected to choose what you want for sex acts (unlike normal acts) just to create an arithmetic average of sex skill above the threshold of the general rank...

Now we'll just need to collectively decide exactly which sex act make sens for which specialization. It won't be easy to find a balance, but that's an amazing project and exactly what the game needs post release of upcoming v2.2.3.(y)

Edit: I meant upcoming v2.3.

Last edited:

alan0511

Dec 4, 2023
You might have seen some blueprint for specialization overhaul in the OP's roadmap and they align with your diagnosis.

I am absolutely in favor of putting some sex acts as requirements for a specialization. Currently, you're expected to choose what you want for sex acts (unlike normal acts) just to create an arithmetic average of sex skill above the threshold of the general rank...

Now we'll just need to collectively decide exactly which sex act make sens for which specialization. It won't be easy to find a balance, but that's an amazing project and exactly what the game needs post release of upcoming v2.2.3. (y)
I thought 2.2.3 is already considered as a stable release and I should be yeeting my MR's to 2.2.4 dev :oops:

Anyways I've made the commit and MR according to my own proposals already. The diff should make it easy to find where needs to be changed should there be design changes afterwards.

Next on, I have a handful of ideas and don't really know which to choose from
  • More use of Alchemy: currently it's heavily underutilized
    • Make condiments to improve food flavor (+mood)?
    • Make alcohol out of grain?
    • Daily Incense?
  • Magic in combats
    • Utilize Witchcraft
    • Potentially align with Corvus House, exclusive magic abilities?
    • May need to adjust specialization category again (Combatant? Average of Gladiatrix and Witchcraft?)
    • Potentially examine current combat code and make more skills involved in the combat system
  • Improved auction
    • More realistic bidding in English auction
      • Bidders may jump bid to speed up the process
      • Change the spread rumor action to advertise your slave for the upcoming auction instead of allowing you to tank brand_rate with it (increases participants especially if your brand is not well established)
      • Add optional preferences for each bidder so they adjust their anticipated value accordingly (May be randomized cuz I no has time to populate 81 NPCs)
      • Alternatively, cut the anticipated value to 2/3 of current value but randomly generate requirement, fulfilling each adds value by 50% of previous requirement, so the first additional requirement adds 1/3 of standard value, second adds 1/6, third adds 1/12 etc. This cannot exceed 4/3 of current value because math.
    • Access to faction secret auctions
      • Slave preference heavily biased by faction alignment
      • Introduce different auction types for each faction: Vickery (Taurus) / Japanese (Serpis) / Dutch (Camira) / Blind (Corvus)
      • Relation with faction heavily impacts participant count
  • Slavers Guild Contract List should not provide only ONE contract a day. You should be able to try multiple times depending on your guild rating
  • Some minor QoL changes
    • Wash / Cook / Cleaning should display ALL people who may be selected to do it (I'm tired of manually going into assistant "serve me" to wash me when my bath slave has no energy star to do so)
    • Slaver Guild Contract List should memorize generated contract and allow you to pick it up after you refused it at first glance if the day hasn't changed (tie to the previous project)
  • Mid game faction quest and rewards
    • Each faction may be its own small project since I want to make the rewards more unique
    • For example, Camira may allow you to have an entire farm instead of just a shed and you can potentially grow all your food there
    • I'm not sure who should own Taxi business. Corvus sell all the pony gears but Camira is the house that is more obsessed with using human as animals.
    • Corvus probably will be able to give special magics at least as combat skill; Potentially expanding slaver spell cast arsenal?
    • Can't really think of what Taurus house has to offer. Maybe an alternative way to increase slave fame without needing to go fight/race? Or some kind of expansion to Boudoir?
    • Noone shall stop me from adding succubus transformation to Serpis house
  • Xenophily expansion? Many of the skills exist for the sake of existing (stopping you from getting "perfect slave")
    • Maybe introduce some kind of Sexual Orientation system and update available skills accordingly (relax requirement to perfect slave?). Current sexual training menu looks like a hot mess while Music did a good job on how its presented.
    • This would also help with fetishism skills
  • Femdom
    • First step: Yandere
      • randomly generated at game start similar to other traits
      • Drinking Philtre has a chance of developing it as well (oh, you're going for devotion 5??)
      • only apply to nature of independent or higher (regarding reveal and behavior intensity)
      • When slave devotion > empathy they will be "overly devoted" thus trigger the reveal and the special actions
      • Very "obedient" but the execution may stray away from slaver's intentions especially regarding rules
      • Heavily reduce guilt / increased merit (easy to be despaired)
      • Treat it like inversed insanity, they are hard to be rationed with
    • Second step: still thinking lol
:Kappa:oh yuck what a backlog I created just under a week

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I thought 2.2.3 is already considered as a stable release and I should be yeeting my MR's to 2.2.4 dev :oops:
I made a typo, the upcoming version should be v2.3, as it'll bring new features, kind of like from v2.1 to v2.2. Whereas from v2.2.2 to v2.2.3 the highlights were mostly bug fixes and balance tinkering.

It's a recent proposition, so it hasn't been reported to dev version numbering yet.

As for the rest, it's super cool that you have ideas, and you seem to be having the means of your ambitions. As for why I wrote that your changes should hopefully be implemented officially after next stable version release, it's because it takes so much time that we need to focus on releasing at all cost... Otherwise the goalpost keeps moving and nothing ever gets released.

Right now the current version is almost done, with the roadmap kept to a minimum to accommodate for ImperatorAugustus busy real life schedule

When starting the version after that, comes the exciting moment: deciding what's next :)

Disclaimer: I mostly take care of the art and music... sometimes the design, and only several direct changes to the code. ImperatorAugustus is more focused on the design, the lore and the code. You'll have good conversations with him I'm sure.

I know it's an awkward timing, you might receive less direct feedback than if you posted the same thing a year ago or a month from now, but please don't take offense and keep your drive and motivation.

May there come some fruitful collaboration down the line (y)

• Red Heart
Jun 28, 2020
  • Make shops in White Town have affiliation with one of the factions and potentially provide discounts if you have good reputation with their affiliated faction
Discounts sounds good to me, maybe reduced rent? dunno

• Outcasts: allow buying F- slave with guaranteed cow trait, increase egg sell profit to $1.5 (rounded down) and fix milk price to $4
Uhh there may not be a need for that

• Serpentine: allow succubus transformation surgery ($200) adding the trait to a slave. The slave will be able to gain calorie and energy from your cums (once a day) and will not get pregnant unless there’s more than enough calories
:unsure: I'm less interested in the surgery but very interested in the trait

• Bulls: Enables school to teach lewd skills and free salon services (in White town) while offering to-your-door salon service at a small fee
Enabling sex tutoring sounds cool.

• Necropolis: New Taxi business allowing you to send well trained ponies to work their and collect additional incomes. This also means you and your assistant get free cab rides around the town costing no energy (GTA4 lol)
Really liking the concept.

• Some kind of mid game quest that is offered when you are over the point that you can longer gain reputation with their opposing faction (I believe it’s B?) and gives unique reward (NOT powerful equipments like the WT forum quests)
The question may be what kind of quests? it may have to be something that you also have to unlock like the gentleman's club, have been thinking for a while and came up with some facilities

• Dungeon: You have to get permission from the faction to enter once a day, it's combat like in the fogs but a little bit easier with multiple encounters (mostly goblins or bandits), after defeating 3 or 5 waves you get a reward like a potion, sparks or clothing, maybe a slave?
  • Circus: some sort of private club where there is a demand for pet, pony and zoophilic skills, once a week they have an event where you can bring your slave to compete against other slaves in a pet contest where they would have to jump through hoops (literally) and have sex with animals to gain some sparks.
  • The potion shop that chinese dude was working on sounds pretty good too
Of course that's just concept for now.

alan0511

Dec 4, 2023
  • Dungeon: You have to get permission from the faction to enter once a day, it's combat like in the fogs but a little bit easier with multiple encounters (mostly goblins or bandits), after defeating 3 or 5 waves you get a reward like a potion, sparks or clothing, maybe a slave?
Personally not really a fan of daily missions especially it's likely going to be repetitive after a few runs.

However, if the dungeon needs to be explored (procedurally generated when you enter it) it may be more interesting as now it's possible to toss in something other than combat in it. The one issue I can see is this activity competing for the energy stars you have each day. Even pony races or colosseum fights don't take place every day. There are two possible solutions to this:
  • All out: you camp inside the dungeon (temporary live there) (significant work needed)
    • balanced by the amount of supplies (food ingredient) you are able to bring before you're forced to return
  • One time quest for Corvus house - potentially a lot of coding for a one-off thing

• Circus: some sort of private club where there is a demand for pet, pony and zoophilic skills, once a week they have an event where you can bring your slave to compete against other slaves in a pet contest where they would have to jump through hoops (literally) and have sex with animals to gain some sparks.
You reminded me we don't have chicken and dog skills ... yet!
Well actually maybe not chicken, make it goose instead. Goose is way more aggressive and are more reactive than hens.

Now, now, maybe there should be a separate list of "animal specialization"!
Get rid of the generic "pet" training, I don't really know what that's supposed to mean.
Instead, list individual animal training which the learn rate scale on related attributes.
Some animal may even rely on traits that are otherwise considered negative, for example, cat should REQUIRE pride.
Behave: pet can be used as the toggle, turning it on makes the slave being evaluated based on animal specialization instead of human!
Mmmm so much potentials.

But I'm not a furry mania so this will not be my priority :p anyone feel free to pick it up and develop the ideas

alan0511

Dec 4, 2023
  • The potion shop that chinese dude was working on sounds pretty good too
Not entirely sure which post you’re referring to but I believe this is directly against Alchemy improvements. Potions are *way* too cheap to make and is not a very engaging mechanism in first place since you’re not gonna brew a pot every day, probably not even every once in a decade while renting the lab(?) is one of the most expensive housing additions.
If the proposal is about allowing player to buy potions from a shop directly, it removes the value of alchemy completely. If they sell exclusive potions I’m not sure what’s the goal of it.

When composing this reply I stumbled upon an idea. What if we allow player to make Incense which expires daily? Potion stays for way too long but incense would make the investment actually have consistent value keeping around. It’s also possible to make the strength of effects tied to the skill or even potentially introducing negative effects if you’re making incense well above your level.

:unsure: I'm less interested in the surgery but very interested in the trait
Still drafting but this is what I’m planning:
  • The slave isn’t going to have some magical instant transition but requires a certain amount of time to be fully developed
  • Regular food will give way less calories than they typically would including leftover and treats. The only exception is Fiend Cum which will provide same amount of calorie as it used to. Beware if you turn on nutritionist, it may attempt to overdose on regular food costing you a lot on buying food to keep her from starving.
  • As mentioned, cum will provide calories, which encourages sex activities. Rule: alarm will also provide calories. Mating any non-human will provide calories if you so choose to. Note that milking fiend may overwhelm the slave with calories.
  • A secret tracker (can be inspected by auspec) tracking source of calories during the transition period. This will lead to different forms of succubus depending on their main source of calories during their development. It will be set in stone once the transformation is completed and cannot be reversed. You will be notified about a ritual she will perform on the day of completion which she will have penetration sex and drain power from a source of her choice to complete the transformation.
    • Tracked in 4 values: food, master cum, human cum and non-human (fiend included)
    • If the slave is extra virgin and the majority of the calories (over 50%) is from master she turn into Devoted Succubus and a femdom scene plays (she will lose virginity to you due to the ritual, no guilt is generated, increased devotion). This type gets increased calories from your cum and can regenerate energy once a day from having sex with you. She will also have higher milk productivity and allow you to drink from source directly (once a day, recovering energy and mood). If not extra virgin, the bar raises to 75% calories from you and the devotion bonus does not apply. Important note about this type is that she will explicitly fuck you to complete the ritual, resulting in reduced strength level, offset by her breast feeding ability.
    • If obedience is too low and/or has despair, she will suck you dry instead (game over, highest priority condition)
    • If over half calories come from non-human she becomes Chaotic Succubus and will fuck your fiend to complete the ritual (if no fiend presents, she becomes regular succubus instead). Your fiend will shrink due to this (and killed if too small). Gain increased calories from non-human (including fiend cum) sources and increased training speed in xeno mating.
    • If over 30% calories come from regular food, her transformation is permanently stuck at half completion. However, this also means she will have more calories from regular food (still less than a regular human). The one downside of this type is she won’t be able to generate succubus milk and is now again available for all types of body modifications.
    • Lastly just regular succubus with nothing special. She will have sex around the town with unspecified amounts of entities (non human included). Small increase in fame.
  • Due to design and potential conflicts, succubus will not be eligible to have fertility or lactation modifications. Existing ones get nullified. Womb modified slaves cannot be turned into succubus.
  • Excess calories for succubus turn into succubus milk (new alchemy substance)
  • Fertility solely based on calorie count. Having high amount of excess calories will result in the succubus fertile thus can be impregnated
  • Not sure if I should add more to this, probably can

Last edited:

alan0511

Dec 4, 2023
LevelVegetablesGreasy Mince MeatFlourTender FilletHerbs and SpicesAlcoholAverage Cost
SOOOOOOOO$10
AOOOOOO$5
BOOOOOOO$5.8
COOO$3.6
DOOOOO$1.88

Made the cheat sheet about optimal grocery purchase for each culinary rank. At S and A rank there are only 2 possible recipes but thanks to the 30 rolls per rank rule the rate of failure is less than 2%.

This also shows that pub food being WAY too cheap, they're serving B quality food at only 1 spark cost, how is that even legal? They even provide more master_str increment (str += spark spent) than self cooked food (always 1).

And surprise surprise skill increase during cooking does not scale with food quality, so optimal way of playing is always eating at pub and when you want to practice or teach you throw some minced meat and vegetable making some absolutely dark matter not for human consumption. Oh, and it's cheaper than going to school if you practice making dark matters.

Edit: whoever did the math comment trying to justify cheap pub food cost clearly just ignores the opportunity cost of procuring dairy or meat products and assumes they all come for free. First thing first you aint has ability to do any of those when you just get started when its the time every spark counts. I’ve tried opening a new save and just tried to slaughter random market slave, none paid for themselves even after intentionally targeting cheap fat healthy slaves with moderate savescumming. Not going to mention barn system itself I refuse to look at after last save getting financially devastated just trying to make a single cow to work, the thing needs much more rebalancing. And nobody cares about maintaining S+ strength cuz various modifiers already easily caps your daily stam at 5* at just A+ stren

Canned food cost is static $2 so lol, uh, nope.

Current self-usage rebalance:
Canned food cost reduced to $1
Pub food now has all four tiers (D to A) at $2, $5, $7, $10 (referencing school cost).
Restaurant dinner date $12

Doing some test play to make sure hardcore difficulty is still survivable.

Edit2: realized another exploit chaining food eat from low to high rank to raise master_str even faster.
Fixing that too

Last edited:

PDP19

Aug 31, 2022
Im trying to grind up a slave for chimaera's gem, supposedly the requirement is a slave with max sexual stats. But since getting S+ rank for all the sexual stats (xenophily included) would usually mean you have an A+ or S+ rank slave, it seems a bit too excessive.

Can anyone tell me what exactly are the coded requirements for this one? fairly certain its tied to a certain total number of sexual stat rank, much like ranking up a slave would.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes