Swiftyfrog

Apr 18, 2018
What is the fastest way to have a slave gain the nymphomania trait? I had a slave train/serve me/have all kind of sexy time for almost 30 days. Still never gained the perk. Also as a side note. any hard data on pregnancy rates? Seems that some slaves NEVER get pregnant. For reference my slave was maxed out in all sexual and common training. S+ rating.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
What is the fastest way to have a slave gain the nymphomania trait? I had a slave train/serve me/have all kind of sexy time for almost 30 days. Still never gained the perk. Also as a side note. any hard data on pregnancy rates? Seems that some slaves NEVER get pregnant. For reference my slave was maxed out in all sexual and common training. S+ rating.
200 orgasms. Active sex for multiple per session (no extra credit past 5 per).

Pregnancy takes a while to be detectable. Simulated ovulation cycle, have to hit the right time window.

Reactions: Swiftyfrog

Max&Chloe

Mar 16, 2021
Personally, the increase in charges in version 2.2.2 is ridickless, though I have played this game for over 5000 days (in game), I still think it too difficult.
Just like what I said in 2022, this game is extremely difficult in version 2.2.2 and so on.
1716040304233.png
1716040331629.png
As you can see, I spend 37 days to raise this slave's factors to 4 fear, 1 awareness and 4 habits, but her obedience is still negative.
Can developers themselves to play through this game as Johny ?
This changes make me very sad.
It is more worse than version 2.2 I ever played.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Just like what I said in 2022, this game is extremely difficult in version 2.2.2 and so on.
The game has been made significantly easier for v2.2.3. The starting amount of money should allow you to make mistakes and still turn a profit.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As you can see, I spend 37 days to raise this slave's factors to 4 fear, 1 awareness and 4 habits, but her obedience is still negative.
1 thorn of rebellion is enough to be obeyed for 80% of non-sexual lessons, it isn't bad.

Your slave has barely anything in awareness, taming and devotion.

Important to note, her mood is very low. Hard to get her to listen well during lessons.

Her traits and stats might also not been the best for you to make a quick buck.
ImperatorAugustus manages a 0 start with Johny in hard obedience difficulty. We'll never release a version in which it is not possible, and there needs to be several viable strategies.

So this shows you that you have room for progression, and strategies to invent and try out :coffee:

Have you read and completed the tutorial for all three characters in v2.2.3 yet?

I wonder which changes exactly.

It wouldn't help if you claim: "the changes that made the game harder than v1.7 or v1.2.1", because we never aimed to make it harder than those, just more realistic. Maybe it is harder, by accident. But some things have been made objectively easier since (the fact you don't need to pay a nutritionist if you or your assistant can fit that role, or the obedience thresholds for cleaning on most slaves, etc.)

Voidbreaker76

May 14, 2023
1 thorn of rebellion is enough to be obeyed for 80% of non-sexual lessons, it isn't bad.

Your slave has barely anything in awareness, taming and devotion.

Important to note, her mood is very low. Hard to get her to listen well during lessons.

Her traits and stats might also not been the best for you to make a quick buck.
To be a bit more specific, I think one of the problems you had is that you picked a bad slave if you are starting off. The higher a slave's core stats are the harder they are to train and with all of her stats at C or above she definitely isn't someone I would want to touch at the start. Ideally, you would want someone with a mix of D stats since you can break them in easier and then spend your time fixing their stats which is a lot easier to do and helps improve you as well.

The fact that her Taming and Awareness are low is also problematic since those are the stats that help ensure that her obedience and devotion rise. Sadly I can't tell you a lot of ways to raise them but I do know that putting on them a Crown of Thorns and Spiked Collar does manage to raise reliably over time at the cost of mood. I'll also note that I don't think a high fear is entirely desirable beyond initially breaking them in although don't take my word on it since I don't have a good feel regarding the various aura stats.

Jul 25, 2022
But some things have been made objectively easier since (the fact you don't need to pay a nutritionist if you or your assistant can fit that role, or the obedience thresholds for cleaning on most slaves, etc.)
This is the first time i've ever heard that and double checking in game it isn't communicated anywhere at least that I could find. Not only that but even with this information i'd only gleam by reading comments here I still don't know what that means, what do i need to be qualified? Stewardship? Strength? Medic? Something else? What level?

I think this is the crux of the issue why players find things too hard and devs don't, information clarity. These things would make the game easier if you knew about them but if you aren't implementing these changes or reading the code how would you? I suppose save scummers could conduct experiments on everything every patch and maybe stumble across it but that's not a realistic expectation for one and secondly some players like myself like to play ironman which i hope but don't expect is also factored into these changes. There's still a lot of "fuck you, player" mechanics for ironman like contract work only offering one per day with a high chance it's unprofitable but if you're save scumming you have infinity to pick from until something easy shows up.

Jont has always had issues with information clarity and usability but the wiki was mostly accurate for earlier versions, now there've been changes that make it and legacy information obsolete like for example the wedding dress no longer giving a devotion boost. In game information hasn't caught up to communicate these changes either.

Also keep in mind i'm not new to this, i've been playing Jont on and off since the very first english patch of the unmodded version was posted on 4chins all those years ago which has now been lost to time (that reminds me i should dust off my old failing hdds, there's a snowballs chance in hell i still have a copy) and yet i'm still regularly blindsided by mechanics changes. For a complete novice I expect it'd be a minefield to navigate.

As for difficulty relative to past versions I haven't made up my mind on that. 2.2.2 was fucked but that's not a controversial statement. I've found 2.2.1, 2.2.3dev and 2.2.9 managable but that doesn't mean there aren't things i'd want changed, don't clearly remember specifics from other versions that well. Dusting off 1.8 now to refresh my memory.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
This is the first time i've ever heard that and double checking in game it isn't communicated anywhere at least that I could find. Not only that but even with this information i'd only gleam by reading comments here I still don't know what that means, what do i need to be qualified? Stewardship? Strength? Medic? Something else? What level?

I think this is the crux of the issue why players find things too hard and devs don't, information clarity. These things would make the game easier if you knew about them but if you aren't implementing these changes or reading the code how would you? I suppose save scummers could conduct experiments on everything every patch and maybe stumble across it but that's not a realistic expectation for one and secondly some players like myself like to play ironman which i hope but don't expect is also factored into these changes. There's still a lot of "fuck you, player" mechanics for ironman like contract work only offering one per day with a high chance it's unprofitable but if you're save scumming you have infinity to pick from until something easy shows up.

Jont has always had issues with information clarity and usability but the wiki was mostly accurate for earlier versions, now there've been changes that make it and legacy information obsolete like for example the wedding dress no longer giving a devotion boost. In game information hasn't caught up to communicate these changes either.

Also keep in mind i'm not new to this, i've been playing Jont on and off since the very first english patch of the unmodded version was posted on 4chins all those years ago which has now been lost to time (that reminds me i should dust off my old failing hdds, there's a snowballs chance in hell i still have a copy) and yet i'm still regularly blindsided by mechanics changes. For a complete novice I expect it'd be a minefield to navigate.

As for difficulty relative to past versions I haven't made up my mind on that. 2.2.2 was fucked but that's not a controversial statement. I've found 2.2.1, 2.2.3dev and 2.2.9 managable but that doesn't mean there aren't things i'd want changed, don't clearly remember specifics from other versions that well. Dusting off 1.8 now to refresh my memory.
When the assistant has medical skill above B+, the slave rule for Nutritionist changes label to Calculated, with a corresponding change in description highlighting that it is due to the medical skill of the assistant.

We don’t see a need to convey every perk up front, but we do try to ensure that they are visible when they become relevant. Eventually an assistant will be trained up in common skills if only to help train others, making it a nice bonus discovery for those who don’t expect it.

For those who just want to roleplay without worrying about the details, Easy obedience difficulty is always an option from the settings menu unless locked due to choosing Extreme custom game, and Easy custom game is a sandbox with cheat menu where you can opt for higher obedience difficulty if you want.

Reactions: qwertyu12359

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
As for contracts being unprofitable… you get a prepayment. If you don’t like the slave they give you, you can replace with a market slave.

The time limits are generous and you get a bonus for early completion.

We’ve even made concubine specialization easier by removing group sex from the requirements.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
View attachment 3646901
View attachment 3646902
It is more worse than version 2.2 I ever played.
Her obedience is negative because she is pessimistic. Just raise her mood to optimistic and she will have positive obedience.

It takes longer to raise each successive level of fear. As others have pointed out, you have neglected taming and awareness. You will get the fastest results by focusing on what is least developed because it takes less effort to raise to the next level.

Her attributes are below average so not a lot of resistance. A slave with all D- attributes is less resistant but learns slower (lower intelligence, lower energy), so I would not consider that “better” than what you had to work with.

The trick is to balance carrot and stick, as Angelika says in the tutorial. Give the slave tasks she doesn’t refuse, and over time she will be willing to do whatever you want.

Also: Tutors and school exist for a reason. They are useful even if your slaver and assistant are S+ in everything.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2022
For those who just want to roleplay without worrying about the details, Easy obedience difficulty is always an option from the settings menu unless locked due to choosing Extreme custom game, and Easy custom game is a sandbox with cheat menu where you can opt for higher obedience difficulty if you want.
Really dude, just play on easy is your response? Never in any version of this game have i played on lower than normal obedience and character and i've done fine. Usually play Fenris or Johnny. You're showing disdain for your playerbase by brushing these issues off with that smug remark.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Really dude, just play on easy is your response? Never in any version of this game have i played on lower than normal obedience and character and i've done fine. Usually play Fenris or Johnny. You're showing disdain for your playerbase by brushing these issues off with that smug remark.
You are choosing to interpret my factual statements in that way. Text on the internet doesn’t convey subtext well.

The roadmap isn’t just mine or qwerty’s, it’s the community’s. Come with specific suggestions and maybe offer to help if you want something different.

Not sure if you noticed my specific responses above to your points about contract difficulty and information clarity… who here is not trying to have a constructive dialogue?

Last edited:
Reactions: qwertyu12359
Jul 25, 2022
You are choosing to interpret my factual statements in that way. Text on the internet doesn’t convey subtext well.

The roadmap isn’t just mine or qwerty’s, it’s the community’s. Come with specific suggestions and maybe offer to help if you want something different.

Not sure if you noticed my specific responses above to your points about contract difficulty and information clarity… who here is not trying to have a constructive dialogue?
I'm not fully convinced that wasn't the subtext especially with the last comment, i hadn't bothered responding because i saw you as dismissive so it'd be pointless and you know that. But you're right, text sucks for communicating so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You haven't addressed most of my points and they weren't the biggest points of contention but i'll address what's there.

I do remember seeing calculated pop up in previous games but forgot about it until now. I don't agree that you shouldn't be told you need medical B+ on yourself or your assistant but it's true it'll happen at some point in pretty much every game. Text is clear enough though could be clearer it doesn't cost any extra, think i still avoided using it in the past. Guess that's on me.

Concubine being made easier is nice but it's still the hardest contract and to be avoided early game on hard starts. Even with a whole category removed you still need to train 18 skills to B rank as opposed to the 1 or 2 for any other contract and they're also skills you can't even start training until the slave is pretty obedient unlike the non sexual skills. But concubine isn't the only way early contracts can be unprofitable - obese, arrogant, ugly, stupid, etc. can all make a slave take so long or cost too many sparks to fix that you'll go broke before turning it in. Market is an option and usually the only option on hard character ironman unless you get really lucky with a contract, most of them can't fight in the fogs at the start, however that costs money and also isn't guaranteed to offer anything you can afford or is workable. It's entirely possible to just have to burn days until something ok turns up or even just be screwed by rng to the point of a game over.

The prepayment is nothing, 60 sparks for D-, if you get a dud this won't even come close to salvaging it. An ugly slave will need neoplasty before they'll accept it and that's 250. I want you to look at this one i was given and tell me, honestly, that this is workable. Day 1 almost all of the prepayment is gone and it's not getting much better from there.

As for suggestions about what to do about it, my first idea would be to offer multiple per day like the market does so the odds of you getting something ok are higher. Another option would be to make it so abysmally bad ones just don't show up but that might make it too easy plus trying to salvage duds can be fun once you're set up, not so when every day and spark counts.

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Never in any version of this game have i played on lower than normal obedience and character and i've done fine. Usually play Fenris or Johnny.
There is a possibility that your past experience is doing more harm than good.

In 1.7.5 days, every slave has got "endurance training" as their lesson of least resistance. Therefore, many guides would tell players to start training that. Since then, one of the new features I like the most is that every slave has different obedience thresholds based on their stats. Some expressive slaves might find art to be entertaining and agree almost immediately, some would rather train in holding weapons in order to have a shot against you, some will think cleaning is beneath them while others will more happily learn to cook than sit through a two hours biology lesson...

Knowledge is power. You'll learn that as a player by playing with enough slaves, with pattern recognition.

But even if what worked then is not what will work now, my main objective is to stay true to the legacy so that the game in normal mode is about the same level of overall difficulty and balance than version 1.7.5 and 1.2.1. You'll have to take time to relearn things and break some habits, but I hope you'll see most changes are for the better (and not the sake of difficulty). I'm also insisting with my suggestion that you try tutorial again (it's updated with new informations compared to 4chan days).

And don't take our counter-arguments as us refusing to hear what you have to say. It's simply an exchange of point of views that may or may not lead to change. In any case, we listen to opinions and simply confront ours to it for the sake of dialectic. (y)

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
An ugly slave will need neoplasty before they'll accept it and that's 250. I want you to look at this one i was given and tell me, honestly, that this is workable. Day 1 almost all of the prepayment is gone and it's not getting much better from there.
Yes, that is workable. Her beauty is B+, so even with Bony physique she is able to qualify for up to C+ rating. You have time to fix her physique so she could even qualify for B+ without neoplasty.

With appropriate clothing and mood, even if it was 54 lessons (it'll always be less due to linked skills), you can do at least 5 lessons per day, especially with help of drugs, so not much more than a decade once she's obedient enough. She will get a lot of merit from those lessons which will help raise her devotion so she will qualify for a higher rating, which gives a quality bonus when the contract is completed.

Getting her obedient shouldn't take more than 3 decades. You have enough sparks without sending her to arena to survive that long even if you went with the minimum 200$ start. When you're almost out of starting sparks, you can take a 500$ loan for another 30 days.

60+ days with 760$+ sparks is plenty of time to train a concubine.

Yes, her endurance is an issue, but you can give her supplements and nutritionist (5$/day cost vs. 10$/day speed bonus) to fix that as quickly as possible. Add tutor/school athletics once she is able.

A+ willpower is a challenge for raising her taming but you can compensate with collar + crown of thorns + nipple chain, or pony gear.
S+ intellect will help her learn common skills and build awareness faster.
B+ temperament will help her learn sex skills faster.

Her pride will not be a problem by the time she is ready for intimate training.

BliniKot

Nov 2, 2021
Overall I have no complain except for changing slave's uniform
if you want optimal result early you have to change uniforms pretty regularly every few days or so, it's pretty tedious.
Also I appreciate the reduction of concubine specilization. But still concubine contract is still the worst.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Overall I have no complain except for changing slave's uniform
if you want optimal result early you have to change uniforms pretty regularly every few days or so, it's pretty tedious.
Also I appreciate the reduction of concubine specilization. But still concubine contract is still the worst.
Worst, or most valuable, depending on your perspective. Have you tried the latest dev build’s outfit manager?

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes