Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
Now let's try this one. Go to content/pic/girls/full. Copy 0001_black_long_loli.png. Then rename the copy to 001_black_long_loli.png. That is u remove extra zero from file name.

Then go back to jack.qsp. Backup first.

Go to tab generate_stock, line 51 then insert this: meta_type = 1. (basically same as the previous post) On same tab go to line 56 then insert this stock_type = 1. Then try the experiment once more.
Wait.
The main issue is that I CAN'T edit Jack.qsp for some reason with qgen. It won't open.
So can't do that.
The problem is known though.

Squidwarden

Sep 12, 2019
Found a pair of problems for now...

The game don't detect the animated *.png as "animated", showing only static picture :(
I am not fan of the animations, but exceptionally they are good.

Adding the "seed_name": "Name_of_the_character" to any slave, the name of the slave (obtained in the Auction) still remain random.

Its only me or Isabella is not working anymore?

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
Wait.
The main issue is that I CAN'T edit Jack.qsp for some reason with qgen. It won't open.
So can't do that.
The problem is known though.
Wanna try an extreme option? In version 1.8, not beta coz as u said u ain't able to even open beta's jack.qsp. Backup ur 1.8 jack.qsp and jack.qproj just in case.

Some coder says to have modded jack using no json whatsoever coz json's too laborious to edit that in turn causes all sorts of bugs. Probably trolling. Ain't tried it yet. Here's my previous post bout this:

json-less jack

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Found a pair of problems for now...

The game don't detect the animated *.png as "animated", showing only static picture :(
I am not fan of the animations, but exceptionally they are good.

Adding the "seed_name": "Name_of_the_character" to any slave, the name of the slave (obtained in the Auction) still remain random.

Its only me or Isabella is not working anymore?
1) And I only kept good animations. But when we began colaboration, we decided to convert all images to .png. The game can't have two formats in a folder at once, so we had to compromise. All the animations are now static images. I still have the original animated .gif backed up though, if it ever becomes possible to include animated .png to the game.

2) I'm sorry to say that, but I didn't understand the problem (English is not my native language)...

3) Isabella not working is a known problem.

Here is a list of specific 2.0 bugs I've sent to PowerairMax so he can correct it:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Twistty

Squidwarden

Sep 12, 2019
The game can't have two formats in a folder at once, so we had to compromise. All the animations are now static images. I still have the original animated .gif backed up though, if it ever becomes possible to include animated .png to the game.

I know, thanks for the answers and the bug list. It will be helpful.

In relation to the animations, the *.png have the possibility to be animated, e.g. the picture inserted in this post is animated, but it is a *png file. This webpage permit the conversion:

Although animated png can be referred as APNG, it is still a *.png file.

What is the problem? The problem is that I though that if the extension is maintained, the animation will be also maintained. But looks like that the picture is recognized and showed, but static/frozen (i.e. withouth animation :( )

Dont worry about english, I am also not native :p

sex_01.png

ryouG

Jun 10, 2019
Found some bugs.
- can't get snake talisman
- when I tried to give a headband reward she gets slippers instead
- gloves can't be removed
- after participating in a race the next races start on random days
Those are actually all bugs from Fugitive Red's version 1.8 on which the beta is based on. None of them came from the beta. The snake talisman glitch is a notorious bug from 1.8.

The known bugs from the beta:

Last edited:
Reactions: qwertyu12359

friede

Oct 4, 2019
Those are actually all bugs from Fugitive Red's version 1.8 on which the beta is based on. None of them came from the beta. The snake talisman glitch is a notorious bug from 1.8.

The known bugs from the beta:
The beta has great potential. If the problems can be resolved this can become the best Jack-o-nine-tails mod yet.

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
For the 1.8 bugs, yeah.
The big issue is that we can't access jack.qsp to check/fix it, but those are really, really minor things that can be fixed in matter of seconds, so don't worry about this at all.

For Gloria/kiss scenes, it's probably just what we said; an error in the code; but in ALL of the Json files of the slaves... If you have means to correct the whole lot, and not have to manually do it (I have no idea how it works), it should be simple enough too, so I'm not worrried again.

For Isabella.... Yeah, this one is havier; I have no idea what went wrong. It's also a little bit more of a pain because without a good assistant at first, you are far slower and less efficient, making it harder to actually "try" the beta more, other than in sandbox/patrician mode with a random assistant. (so at least, we know it's Isabella really, and not all assistant that bugs out, that's something I guess!)

And finally, about the 1 image scenes only.... Well... That's something else. I mean; I don't care that much myself, but it's a bug and I kinda want to try to help fix it, but yeah, no idea what went wrong there.

Don't let that take you down!
We can already see a LOT of improvement, so take your time to finish the project, and it will be fine!

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
does someone know, when we can re-download the game?
Hum.... You can?
The current version is a beta of it; and you will find the F95, loli free, version a few pages back...

The kiss error in the json files is an easy fix, you can use notepad++ press Ctrl+F and use replace in files, then just have it scan through all the files in the directory and replace them.
Holy coconut.
It was this simple.

Just a few words on replace all; and I could fix all the .json in a matter of 10 seconds.
Awsome, thanks a lot!

EDIT:

Managed to open jack.qsp with another russian version of qgen.
This indeed very well the old 1.8 bugs; I did check for the snake talisman, on #dynamic table, line 1497, and there was indeed the not needed "<<".
So, that too is simple to correct now; great!

Now... Only Isabella and "first image only shows" left to resolve...
Boy. I have no idea how to do it though.

Last edited:

Hi Kitsune

Jan 12, 2018
:unsure:With the bugs, is it enjoyable? Or should i wait till fixes? (i'm not feeling very safe editing the files myself, befor i break something xD)

friede

Oct 4, 2019
EDIT:

Managed to open jack.qsp with another russian version of qgen.
This indeed very well the old 1.8 bugs; I did check for the snake talisman, on #dynamic table, line 1497, and there was indeed the not needed "<<".
So, that too is simple to correct now; great!

Now... Only Isabella and "first image only shows" left to resolve...
Boy. I have no idea how to do it though.
Thanks for the talisman fix.

The Isabella and first image bugs look intractable for now. What about the other 1.8 bugs?

EDIT:

Do you still have old Jack-o-nine-tails versions' links? They used to be found on the OP. The hongfire links in the wiki are all redirecting to adsites.

Last edited:

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
:unsure:With the bugs, is it enjoyable? Or should i wait till fixes? (i'm not feeling very safe editing the files myself, befor i break something xD)
The only thing that can be a bother to the gameplay is you can't use Isabella as an assistant.
If you can manage to build your own assistant, or play in sandbox mode, you can play.

Thanks for the talisman fix.

The Isabella and first image bugs look intractable for now. What about the other 1.8 bugs?
My pleasure.
I need to check what are the others bugs, and try to find them...
Though with my beginner level in coding, not sure I can. Maybe.

EDIT:

Do you still have old Jack-o-nine-tails versions' links? They used to be found on the OP. The hongfire links in the wiki are all redirecting to adsites.
Not on this website as it is against the rules. You will have to find the links by yourself; maybe on a certain wikia...

EDIT:

For the headband/slippers bug:
I found that always in #dynamic table, there was some buying event that rewarded the wrong item, always the slippers, for the items:
- 2463 > headband
- 2470 > ring
- 2477 > earrings
- 2484 > necklace
- 2491 > tiara

I tried to remove the slippers; and add back the item it shold buy; but I need to check that to be sure it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: friede

friede

Oct 4, 2019
The only thing that can be a bother to the gameplay is you can't use Isabella as an assistant.
Gameplay-wise this is correct.

Still, the "first image only" bug is serious if we think about the goals of the mod. It is after all for the most part an image overhaul. The developers spent half a year creating thousands of high quality PNGs. Due to the bug we can see only a very small proportion of their hard work.

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
God... I have no idea about the gloves issue...
Manually looking is way too long, there is too many gloves in the code, dunno where I should look.

I'll try to look a little more later but this is gonna be harder than the other bugs...

Maybe I should check about the race issue instead.

friede

Oct 4, 2019
Not on this website as it is against the rules. You will have to find the links by yourself; maybe on a certain wikia...
I was referring to that exact same wikia with links to the version 2 beta. All the hongfire links are gone because the hongfire site itself is now redirecting to adware sites. I managed to get a cached link to 1.7.5 using Google. I just don't know how long those cached links will last.

Azraeth

Oct 16, 2018
I don't think I could do better then.
It's pretty old after all.

So.
The Race.
Not sure, but, two questions:
- Did you save/reload; or go to the game menu in between two races, when you noticed the next one date was random?
- Did it happened with arena fights too?

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes