kenshuck

Jul 27, 2017
The opposite of how it's called currently :p (it's currently singular, change it to plural)
Just asking cause there are image with both names :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Question, in the gitgud repository there is a folder called "controversial content" it's that the loli patch? or should we download it?

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Just asking cause there are image with both names :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Question, in the gitgud repository there is a folder called "controversial content" it's that the loli patch? or should we download it?
oops :D So yeah, plural. You can also try to correct the name of the "dildo" pictures (don't remember what they used to be, but there's a typo). And, in the torture folder, there are some images called "miilf", instead of "milf". You can correct that too.

Yeah, it's the loli patch. But I might assume it's outdated... Be safe and download the "magnet", in the loli patch page of the Original Post. :)
--------
Big news, I fixed the bug that made the interface fuck up when muting the sound at home! (In the QSP, Interface > Main_screen, I just forgot to put an additional "End" after line 29, and there should be two in a row).

I fixed the qsp bad paths, for sex and torture pictures (had to add back some "monster" pictures that got lost in the update process).

Right now, I'm selecting slaves that should stay in the game. 160 slaves per age categories. That will make a number around what was in version 1.8. I also need to make hair color correction on a lot of them (black hair girls have somewhat purple hair, etc.). It will be the so awaited occasion to get rid of the loli with big breasts, and improve the saving times. However, I have to correct the hair color (and sometimes the skin color) both on the full folder, and the face folder. So, big ass long time it will take.

Reactions: Smartbadger

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Someone is working on this again?! Incredible news! One of the first games I played, so glad to hear it's being worked on again. Will my old saves still work? I've so many of them, so many memories...

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Someone is working on this again?! Incredible news! One of the first games I played, so glad to hear it's being worked on again. Will my old saves still work? I've so many of them, so many memories...
I'm glad you're happy!

I just tried loading an old save, it messes up the interface badly.

I'd have suggested just starting again from the beginning in any case. For the fresh start and full discoveries of the changes made :)

kenshuck

Jul 27, 2017
I'm glad you're happy!

I just tried loading an old save, it messes up the interface badly.

I'd have suggested just starting again from the beginning in any case. For the fresh start and full discoveries of the changes made :)

Why there are changes that aren't in the beta? i.e.:Created a morning/afternoon/evening/night system. (not in the beta).

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Why there are changes that aren't in the beta? i.e.:Created a morning/afternoon/evening/night system. (not in the beta).
Because we had a deadline, late-september. We planned it for 2.0, there was a proof of concept, and it was linked to the new UI. But the developer that worked with the new UI kinda got burnt out and is on a hiatus.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
qwertyu12359 any updates on Jack-o-nine-tails Unity Remake? That thread looks dead.
Last time I saw him on the development discord was the 18th of October.

We were talking about loli and gore. He wanted to help increase the player base by removing them, and making it the default version. Then consider the loli and gore patches to be add-ons.

I was objecting that Jont was by essence a niche game, and that the upcoming versions should be worthy heirs of Old Huntsman original philosophy. That, if people wanted to remove gore, and loli, they should be free to do so, but having in mind they are not playing a "full version". And for that, there's the option menu in which you can already remove gore, nsfw, etc.
Note: there's indeed a "loli patch" but that was a necessity for this game to be released on F95. I still emphasize on naming it a "no loli edition", rather that a "full version without additional add-ons".

It was a healthy debate, so I wouldn't consider he got mad or anything. But that's the last time I heard from him. So, here you go.

I'd advise you to simply message him, or to try and get his news on his topic by asking him how is progress going.

• Sad
Reactions: JBS_JBS

Smartbadger

Aug 6, 2018

We were talking about loli and gore. He wanted to help increase the player base by removing them, and making it the default version. Then consider the loli and gore patches to be add-ons.

I was objecting that Jont was by essence a niche game, and that the upcoming versions should be worthy heirs of Old Huntsman original philosophy. That, if people wanted to remove gore, and loli, they should be free to do so, but having in mind they are not playing a "full version". And for that, there's the option menu in which you can already remove gore, nsfw, etc.
Note: there's indeed a "loli patch" but that was a necessity for this game to be released on F95. I still emphasize on naming it a "no loli edition", rather that a "full version without additional add-ons".

It was a healthy debate, so I wouldn't consider he got mad or anything. But that's the last time I heard from him. So, here you go.

I'd advise you to simply message him, or to try and get his news on his topic by asking him how is progress going.
Honestly, I've never quite understood the need to 'sanitise' games. Sure, if you want a game with slavery and devalued human life, but want it to be unrealistic, that's fine - JoNT is exactly that, in so many ways - but why take an existing game, and seek to remove bits from it? If you don't want what a game has, and are capable of writing a game, then write a new one - don't say you'll 'update' the existing one, but only if you can take a bunch of elements out of it which are core to the story and the world. That's always struck me as an odd thing to want to do, but I've seen it happen more than a few times before.

Does a slave-training game *need* lolis and gore? No, of course not - but JoNT has them, and they are part of its DNA (especially certain parts of the gore - Eternal Rome would starve without its meat!). I think, if someone wanted to write a game in Eternal Rome with a different tone to it, that is certainly do-able - but it should not claim to be JoNT.

Of course, I totally understand the fear many people have of being associated with loli, gore, or other extreme or taboo content (like slavery, lol) - but then why volunteer to remake a game that has those elements?

Just my tupence-worth, though - understanding people and their motivations was never really my best quality :p

JBS_JBS

Oct 9, 2019

That's the problem bro. :( Heirteir stopped responding after October 18. But he's last seen October 28.

Side topic: Is F95 really under DDoS attack? There's never a day I opened F95 without encountering the "Under Maintenance" bs. I downloaded all the cool games I know from F95 just in case. HongFire RIP. :cry:

Last edited:

JBS_JBS

Oct 9, 2019
Honestly, I've never quite understood the need to 'sanitise' games. Sure, if you want a game with slavery and devalued human life, but want it to be unrealistic, that's fine - JoNT is exactly that, in so many ways - but why take an existing game, and seek to remove bits from it? If you don't want what a game has, and are capable of writing a game, then write a new one - don't say you'll 'update' the existing one, but only if you can take a bunch of elements out of it which are core to the story and the world. That's always struck me as an odd thing to want to do, but I've seen it happen more than a few times before.

Does a slave-training game *need* lolis and gore? No, of course not - but JoNT has them, and they are part of its DNA (especially certain parts of the gore - Eternal Rome would starve without its meat!). I think, if someone wanted to write a game in Eternal Rome with a different tone to it, that is certainly do-able - but it should not claim to be JoNT.

Of course, I totally understand the fear many people have of being associated with loli, gore, or other extreme or taboo content (like slavery, lol) - but then why volunteer to remake a game that has those elements?

Just my tupence-worth, though - understanding people and their motivations was never really my best quality :p
Tastes aside, is it really safe to play 2D games with lolis? I'm not a lawyer so I don't know. Right now I'm only playing the no loli version just to be safe.

The recent raid against that South Korean pedo over the Darknet is giving me pause. The authorities will track guys over the internet if they want even if you use VPN or darknet. Adding to that what about F95 itself? They threatened to kill this game for 2D non real life content. They're a pirate site for pete's sake! Why would a pirate site be so afraid of 2D loli content if it's not serious stuff?

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
I was wondering, are there any additional (drawn) image sets? 1600+ pics in the char folder is just not enough for me lol.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Tastes aside, is it really safe to play 2D games with lolis? I'm not a lawyer so I don't know. Right now I'm only playing the no loli version just to be safe.

The recent raid against that South Korean pedo over the Darknet is giving me pause. The authorities will track guys over the internet if they want even if you use VPN or darknet. Adding to that what about F95 itself? They threatened to kill this game for 2D non real life content. They're a pirate site for pete's sake! Why would a pirate site be so afraid of 2D loli content if it's not serious stuff?
They are pirateing games without trademark or real copyright claims.
Most games I have seen here have a public release apart of the supporter/pay Version (which normally is just 1 week up to 1 Version difference).
On the otherhand there are strict laws against underage characters in all medias in most if not all countries

• Sad

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I was wondering, are there any additional (drawn) image sets? 1600+ pics in the char folder is just not enough for me lol.
You'd be surprised how low is the number of uncensored hentai pictures on the whole internet. Especially for such uncommon fetishes you encounter in the game. And even more so if having to find them for 8 different hair colors, for 3 different ages categories.

Besides, images packs never added images, only replaced them (maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know any image packs that modified the json files).

If I remember well, 1.7.5 had different image packs merged together inside. And 1.7.3 had different set of images. In 2.0, all images from both versions were merged, and then we added a lot of other on top of that, in order to make sure no slave were going to be missing an image.

In conclusion, not only an additional image pack won't really be necessary (given the number of images for jack o nine tails never been as big), but admitting someone works on that, he'll face an excessive amount of difficulties. At least that goes for the sex scenes folder.

Smartbadger

Aug 6, 2018

There are very few countries in which loli content is still legal, now. People have actually been charged - and imprisoned - in the US, England, Germany, and a few other countries, afaik. That said, cases involving purely loli content are still not common; but, most law enforcement agencies would *love* to make them more common.

Given that the law almost everywhere now makes no distinction between loli pictures and real abuse pictures, and the media have not yet found an easier target for manufactured moral outrage than pedophilia, it is understandable why so many people and sites just avoid the merest hint of a flat chest out of fear. Piracy and copywrite infringement might get you a slap on the wrist, or a fine, or maybe even a bit of jail time - but even being accused of being a pedophile can get you killed. Many people would honestly be more comfortable being thought of as a nazi than a lolicon these days - and most sites embody that mentality well. I spoke to a game dev recently who'd had his game rejected by every mainstream digital marketplace (and at least one well-known adult game site) because, as one representative put it, "we won't take anything with adult content and kids," - because his character creator (which used data from real people) allowed for moderately short female characters with small breasts, and the game included (implied) sex. It's worth noting that the characters in the game were all employees and customers in a nightclub and strip bar - so clearly not underage (as well as being, you know, *not real*). Another site's agents told him to "just give them all big tits" if he wanted to have the game listed. There is some irony, I guess, in trying to produce a game that confronts and discusses themes of social expectation, beauty, body image, and gender norms, only to be told that any small chested female is a child :confused:

Anyway, if you are in doubt about loli content - don't use it; always protect yourself first. If loli is illegal in your country, and you think that is a farce, then let your MP/congressman/other government representative know - but don't just dismiss the law out of hand and ignore it. Thankfully, I live in one of the few places on earth which has not *yet* gone insane and decided that the law should be used to punish thought crimes against imaginary people - we're just at the point where, if a school kid draws a stick figure with a cock and writes his friend's name under it, he's committed a crime because it is an identifiable 'pseudo-image' :rolleyes:

hideouz

Apr 15, 2018
great
old saves from 1.7.5.1 or so still work?
thx
Probably most definitely not. But you can give it a try, by taking your 1.7.5.1 save, putting it into 2.0's save directory, launch the game, click on the "Game" rubric on the bottom right, click "Ignore version when checking loading", and try to load your old save.
i tested that now and all images doesnt show, even the one from my char, anyway
jus wanted to start the new 2.0 and saved after i chosed the nerd, i hoped, it would be better then in the 1.7.5.1, but it is worse^^
it really takes long time to save, first save without any input and ~17mb big?
as i remembered in the old version it gets worse over some playtime..

there are no more animations like .gif in it?

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
You'd be surprised how low is the number of uncensored hentai pictures on the whole internet. Especially for such uncommon fetishes you encounter in the game. And even more so if having to find them for 8 different hair colors, for 3 different ages categories.

Besides, images packs never added images, only replaced them (maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know any image packs that modified the json files).

If I remember well, 1.7.5 had different image packs merged together inside. And 1.7.3 had different set of images. In 2.0, all images from both versions were merged, and then we added a lot of other on top of that, in order to make sure no slave were going to be missing an image.

In conclusion, not only an additional image pack won't really be necessary (given the number of images for jack o nine tails never been as big), but admitting someone works on that, he'll face an excessive amount of difficulties. At least that goes for the sex scenes folder.
Well ain't that a bummer. I don't really mind if they are censored. Is it really that hard to add more images to the game? I've noticed that the picture pool draws a lot from obscure hentai VN's but very little of the metric fucktons of rule 34's of famous anime characters. Can I just put the resized pictures in the respective image folders, or would there be some additional steps involved?

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
i tested that now and all images doesnt show, even the one from my char, anyway
jus wanted to start the new 2.0 and saved after i chosed the nerd, i hoped, it would be better then in the 1.7.5.1, but it is worse^^
it really takes long time to save, first save without any input and ~17mb big?
as i remembered in the old version it gets worse over some playtime..

there are no more animations like .gif in it?
I suggest not to dismiss the new version entirely just because of the save time. Granted, it sucks that saving take years, but the new content (the thousands new sex scenes, all the new backgrounds, the new musics) are worth having a playthrough with less saves, in my opinion.

If you take a look at the roadmap in the OP, making the save time exactly ike in 1.7.x is my first priority, so this downside is not a new direction, but a temporary "beta version" problem ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Noddu

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Well ain't that a bummer. I don't really mind if they are censored. Is it really that hard to add more images to the game? I've noticed that the picture pool draws a lot from obscure hentai VN's but very little of the metric fucktons of rule 34's of famous anime characters. Can I just put the resized pictures in the respective image folders, or would there be some additional steps involved?
You're right, it's a deliberate choice not to put any image of broad mainstream hentai (like Dragon Ball, or Naruto...) unless it was a necessity because of being the only "blue_hair short_hair milf analsex" picture without censoring and with correct proportion. (By the way, a user was working on a R34 mod for jack o nine tails, with only known characters).

If you want to replace pictures in the game, you can do it easily, as long as the picture is in 795x596 and in PNG.

If you are more motivated, you can add pictures by downloading a tool someone made for JONT, which requires some additional steps. If that doesn't turn you off, it was released 2 or 3 pages ago. If you don't want to search, I'll give you a link.

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
Found the tool. I'll screw around with it (and hopefully with the girls I will manage to add to the game) and see how it goes. Then I'll post the results and then maybe you can consider including the new pictures in a future release.

EDIT: The tool that I've got doesn't seem to enable you to add a new girl, only images to existing girls! Which pretty much beats purpose of why I wanted to use it in the first place. Am I missing out on something here?

Last edited:
Reactions: BillyTran
4.00 star(s) 58 Votes