RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
I'm not sure what can be done about this, but the image service_massage_girl_4 looks pretty loli and I would personally put it in the patch.

whitefalcon87

Oct 24, 2021
Is the Linux version still working? I tried it, but it keeps saying it can't open the file, I am running it off a flashdrive as the thing is huge and my laptop is a potato. Is that causing the issue?

dragon358

Jan 15, 2020
Is there significant differences between the dev version and the version posted on this page? I can't determine which to go with.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Is there significant differences between the dev version and the version posted on this page? I can't determine which to go with.
Aside from one reported bug on quicksaves, you should go with the dev version (ImperatorAugustus branch, like indicated on the wiki's main page). Dev' version is the same, with completed tasks of the roadmap (in the OP) implemented.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Is the Linux version still working? I tried it, but it keeps saying it can't open the file, I am running it off a flashdrive as the thing is huge and my laptop is a potato. Is that causing the issue?
This is sort of Linux 101...: Remember to install libraries, chmod +x and run the main binary. Make sure CWD is the folder containing the main binary.

Remember to note it was compiled for Qt5, not Qt6. Qt6 does not have the necessary libraries to easily modernize it, they were deprecated. JONT's engine is ancient.

whitefalcon87

Oct 24, 2021
This is sort of Linux 101...: Remember to install libraries, chmod +x and run the main binary. Make sure CWD is the folder containing the main binary.

Remember to note it was compiled for Qt5, not Qt6. Qt6 does not have the necessary libraries to easily modernize it, they were deprecated. JONT's engine is ancient.
I hate to ask this, but can you simplify a bit? I have no idea what you are saying, and I am afraid I am not nearly as adept in linux as you are.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I hate to ask this, but can you simplify a bit? I have no idea what you are saying, and I am afraid I am not nearly as adept in linux as you are.
There's no way to simplify what I said because it already was simplified. :/ Might be best you gain more experience with Linux in a VM and use whatever other OS for now. I could see asking for help determining the names of the libraries to install (such as if on a *bian system or *dora or Arch-based and needing help with which package manager (because names can differ across systems) but chmod and CWD...that's very basic. The instructions on my posted Linux version literally tell any *bian user what to do... (outside of chmod since that's again basic 101).. I can only guess you're not launching via shell correctly? You need to be in the directory of the game... "cd directoryofthumbdrive" (you should know what I mean). The ./ means 'current directory'.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
There's no way to simplify what I said because it already was simplified. :/ Might be best you gain more experience with Linux in a VM and use whatever other OS for now.
It's indeed not expected that explaining the basics of Linux to a beginner should be your duty.

There's however a risk that he can't go back to a previous OS. Indeed, I see a patten with people so fed up with Microsoft's telemetry and built-in ads that they did the nuclear option and installed Linux, thinking it must have come a long way in terms of accessibility since every YouTuber claims it's easy, intuitive and user-friendly... Upon installation, when they noticed how that was all a lie, they decided to stick with it, and that they'd rather bang their head against a table than revert back to their already deleted previous OS.

If that's the case for our whitefalcon87 gentleman, I'm afraid he has no choice but to try to make it work on Linux.

I tried feeding the instruction to ChatGPT since I don't use Linux, maybe this will help:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If it doesn't, maybe Linux forums can (don't hesitate to post back the answers here).

whitefalcon87

Oct 24, 2021
"Could not open file: " "/media/whitefalcon87/95215ce7-0b4b-4732-922f-b591df56aa35/Jack-o-nine-tails/game/jack.qsp"
This is what keeps coming up. What am I doing wrong here? I figured out that I needed to run sudo apt-get install libqt5multimedia5-plugins to fix one error, but this one isn't budging.

Last edited:

whitefalcon87

Oct 24, 2021
"Could not open file: " "/media/whitefalcon87/95215ce7-0b4b-4732-922f-b591df56aa35/Jack-o-nine-tails/game/jack.qsp"
This is what keeps coming up. What am I doing wrong here? I figured out that I needed to run sudo apt-get install libqt5multimedia5-plugins to fix one error, but this one isn't budging.
I got it working, I had to move the linux ones into the windows version rather than having them in a folder containing the windows version, I am dumb.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: qwertyu12359

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
It's indeed not expected that explaining the basics of Linux to a beginner should be your duty.

There's however a risk that he can't go back to a previous OS. Indeed, I see a patten with people so fed up with Microsoft's telemetry and built-in ads that they did the nuclear option and installed Linux, thinking it must have come a long way in terms of accessibility since every YouTuber claims it's easy, intuitive and user-friendly... Upon installation, when they noticed how that was all a lie, they decided to stick with it, and that they'd rather bang their head against a table than revert back to their already deleted previous OS.

If that's the case for our whitefalcon87 gentleman, I'm afraid he has no choice but to try to make it work on Linux.

I tried feeding the instruction to ChatGPT since I don't use Linux, maybe this will help:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If it doesn't, maybe Linux forums can (don't hesitate to post back the answers here).
Linux has come along enormously. But it's also just a Kernel. Different desktop environments cater to different people and a lot will find Linux Mint or...Ubuntu...to their liking, rather simple, easy, usually a significant improvement. Most just assume things that they could do in Windows can easily be done in Linux...without knowing the details. Those that stick it out, bravo. :) As for ChatGPT...weight-algorithms masquerading as artificial intelligence can die in a rust fire. Summarizing what ChatGPT said is basically what I said. My money is on them having issues with Qt5 libraries depending upon distro.

Edit: The way I leave short instructions is to get people to learn what they mean by getting them to teach themselves how to find out what things mean. Makes them better in the long run. Handing them something ChatGPT-spewed is something I wouldn't encourage considering they're all known to make shit up including pieces of common-knowledge.

SquareAmlore

Dec 29, 2019
I try going with the idea that categories should be visibly distinguishable, so when u meet a girl outside the city u could tell her age group just by looking. This makes the work a lot harder, but I still believe this approach is the best for this game.

Obviously, the correct way of doing it is to add a hidden age number for each girl in the config. This way it would be possible to add LOTS girls without bothering with age - I would have finished this half a year ago if this was supported by the game. Plus it would be ez to switch categories for each girl simply by changing the config, so some ppl could play with Kuroko as lol, others as young.

Age categories is exactly what makes this super hard and time consuming.

But it what it is, unfortunately. No one will be rewriting how the game handles age bc this would be a ton of work since u need to edit each age check according to the game lore. Meaning instead of categories each event should use age range (for example pregnancy should not be possible for age below 12, some buyers should buy only 12-16yo, some only 14-18, etc.) or some other stats (height for example for races).

The fact is I have like 2k of super nice looking girls and can easily make another 6k, but I can't add them to the game bc they will be between age categories. Instead I struggle with getting at least 200 that will fit the age category perfectly. This is beyond stupid and a complete waste of time, but I don't have any solution to this.
First of all, please forgive me that my English translation may not be so accurate. I personally think it may be more appropriate to reset the age group to three body types: small, medium and large. Age can be added as additional data. And if we can, maybe we can link it to the body shape, but I don't know how to program, so I don't know if it is a difficult job

bews

Aug 1, 2020
First of all, please forgive me that my English translation may not be so accurate. I personally think it may be more appropriate to reset the age group to three body types: small, medium and large. Age can be added as additional data. And if we can, maybe we can link it to the body shape, but I don't know how to program, so I don't know if it is a difficult job
This idea will only solve f95 loli rule ban (which tbh not an issue anymore since rules have changed and the game doesn't specify exact age iirc, so simply renaming "loli" to "vyoung" in files should solve this problem and the complete game could be posted here).

The core problem still stays: the game supports only 3 age categoies, so ur idea will actually make it worse. Since age category affects the gameplay (different gameplay for races, different buyers accept different age, etc), the correct way of implementing this is to make them visually distinguishable: for example u have a contract for a very young girl, so u go outside and start searching - it will help if u can determine the category just by looking to make a decision if u want to take that girl or not.

There is only 1 way to solve this problem: redo all age checks from categories to age number and/or other parameters (for example height for races). But not only it's a very big change, it will also create compatibility problems with the old art. So unless all art is replaced no point even thinking about this.

The most realistic approach is to make an art pack that will be compatible with the current system first and then slowly change the game while expanding the base image pack (for exampe add facial expressions, more clothes, add height check for races, etc).

The current progress looks like this:
1. Lols:
I started with this category when decided to create an image pack, but over the time my methods of creating images improved a lot, so compared to other categories, lols are super outdated now and not even compatible with the new clothing script.
So I’m redoing them from the scratch. Rn 82 of lols are finished, which is slightly less than 50%.
2. Young:
This was the first category made with the new methods, so it's outdated too, but not as bad as lols. All of the girls are salvageable for the upgrade, so it won't take a lot of time to upgrade them. Rn 0 girls are finished here.
3. Adult/normal (will be part of young category for now):
A new category. Consists of the girls older than young, but younger than milfs. I've already finished upgrading them all to the latest standard, but there's still age problem with some of girls. I will adjust them later while working on young category.
4. Milfs:
Finished and basically ready. The only problem here is that a few (around 5 girls) look similar to other girls in adult category, so I will either replace those adult girls or milfs when all other categories will be upgraded.
5. Named girls:
Haven't started making them yet, but I already have all necessary tools and methods to create them super fast.

The plan is to finish the base images for all girls that player can get and release the image pack as v0.1 to receive feedback from the community. Clothes and additional things will be created later A LOT faster.

SquareAmlore

Dec 29, 2019
This idea will only solve f95 loli rule ban (which tbh not an issue anymore since rules have changed and the game doesn't specify exact age iirc, so simply renaming "loli" to "vyoung" in files should solve this problem and the complete game could be posted here).

The core problem still stays: the game supports only 3 age categoies, so ur idea will actually make it worse. Since age category affects the gameplay (different gameplay for races, different buyers accept different age, etc), the correct way of implementing this is to make them visually distinguishable: for example u have a contract for a very young girl, so u go outside and start searching - it will help if u can determine the category just by looking to make a decision if u want to take that girl or not.

There is only 1 way to solve this problem: redo all age checks from categories to age number and/or other parameters (for example height for races). But not only it's a very big change, it will also create compatibility problems with the old art. So unless all art is replaced no point even thinking about this.

The most realistic approach is to make an art pack that will be compatible with the current system first and then slowly change the game while expanding the base image pack (for exampe add facial expressions, more clothes, add height check for races, etc).

1. Lols:
I started with this category when decided to create an image pack, but over the time my methods of creating images improved a lot, so compared to other categories, lols are super outdated now and not even compatible with the new clothing script.
So I’m redoing them from the scratch. Rn 82 of lols are finished, which is slightly less than 50%.
2. Young:
This was the first category made with the new methods, so it's outdated too, but not as bad as lols. All of the girls are salvageable for the upgrade, so it won't take a lot of time to upgrade them. Rn 0 girls are finished here.
A new category. Consists of the girls older than young, but younger than milfs. I've already finished upgrading them all to the latest standard, but there's still age problem with some of girls. I will adjust them later while working on young category.
4. Milfs:
Finished and basically ready. The only problem here is that a few (around 5 girls) look similar to other girls in adult category, so I will either replace those adult girls or milfs when all other categories will be upgraded.
5. Named girls:
Haven't started making them yet, but I already have all necessary tools and methods to create them super fast.

The plan is to finish the base images for all girls that player can get and release the image pack as v0.1 to receive feedback from the community. Clothes and additional things will be created later A LOT faster.
Thank you very much for your detailed reply. I think my translation is indeed wrong, sorry for the misunderstanding. What I mean is to cancel the loli, girl, and mature settings and change them to height settings, that is, short, medium, and tall. This avoids the mismatch between the picture and the data (after all, the picture does not show the height). Additionally, age can be used as a new influence stat if supported by programming

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017

1. Lols:
2. Young:
4. Milfs:
5. Named girls:

When exactly was that rule change in f95? Because last time we asked the mods if there could be a merge (since other games with similar female heights were getting released and approved for Rule 7), the answer received was: "not even close".

And arguing they were all of legal age, actually, and we could make that "even clearer" didn't work.

bews

Aug 1, 2020
When exactly was that rule change in f95?
No idea, but previously banned games are now approved and posted. Basically as long as u don't tell the age and being ambiguous about it it's fine? IIRC the current visual threshold is 7 yo, as long as the art looks older there shouldn't be any problems.

And arguing they were all of legal age, actually, and we could make that "even clearer" didn't work.
Welp with the new art pack it might be possible, since none of the lols look super young. With another art + no mentions in the game I don't see any reason why it should be banned.

I think my translation is indeed wrong, sorry for the misunderstanding. What I mean
Nah, it was fine and my answer is the same.

4.00 star(s) 62 Votes