Feb 27, 2024
I have broken down a solution, in four steps:
  1. Exp bar for the slaver on mouse hover tooltip
  2. Getting back around v1.2.1 and v1.7.5 duration of training and level of challenge for normal mode.
  3. Make stats decay an opt-in tickbox for Story Mode (including strength).
  4. Consequentially reduce the time needed to reach max slaver stats based on how shorter it is to reach end-game (in normal difficulty)

Let hard difficulty be a simulation mode/challenge that lets you meet roadblocks every step of the way.

Normal difficulty should be a hard but fair challenge that evolves into a comfortable routine which unlocks a trivialized end-game thanks to an OP slaver. Basically the game as we learnt to love it.

Finally, easy mode should be a fancy hentai portfolio for which every sex acts is achievable during the first day.
I had written something earlier about hard mode but deleted it because i thought i was mistaken. Johnny character hard mode, do skills decay? I posted that it has about killed my run type with him as my go-to strat has been to grind away in bogs but now I'm unable to do that, keep slaves from rebelling, and it seems like I'm just at a standstill playing now.

I used to only play in hard mode on this, but now I can't make progress.

aspbody

Aug 15, 2019
I had written something earlier about hard mode but deleted it because i thought i was mistaken. Johnny character hard mode, do skills decay? I posted that it has about killed my run type with him as my go-to strat has been to grind away in bogs but now I'm unable to do that, keep slaves from rebelling, and it seems like I'm just at a standstill playing now.

I used to only play in hard mode on this, but now I can't make progress.
Hi, I am also playing as johnny and it is painstakingly slow. strength and fighter stats decay after some point and it is not fun. The working strategy I employed was: get isabella on day 1 after getting a loan from moneylender and renting a house in the serpent district. get a slave with minimal resistance but with enough sanity. train said slave to D+ with isabella's help, and even then I was having difficulty lol. sell D+ slave, pay off debt, get new debt, rinse and repeat until your stats are high enough to be able to train slaves easier. I found that using heavy metal gauge piercings are really helpful but if taming doesn't increase even with those at the start, it is better to not have them as you really need the money. don't even bother training for fights at the beginning, weapons were a waste of money for me until I trained my 2nd D+ slave. This is probably not optimal at all but it works, so yeah lol

bews

Aug 1, 2020
strength and fighter stats decay after some point and it is not fun
Yeah, it's stupid that u can't master something no matter how much effort u put into it. I remember in the old version (before 1.7) it was super hard to lvlup slaver skills, but it still was possible. If u wanted to make a wizard teacher - it was possible (this was exactly my playthrough).

Making impossible to master some skills depending on the background is not realistic - it's simply stupid. Also breaking old games by forcing this new stupid mechanic without an option to turn it off is also not a nice thing to do.

Dark4fire

Aug 9, 2022
suggestion: skills decay can we adject to every 3, 5, 7 days according to difficult (hard to easy)

and skill knowledge base (Teaching, Stewardship, Artist, Medic, Magic) skill decaying but not drop to previous rank if exp reach certain point of that rank like (1/2 or 2/3 exp to next rank)

it got rusty some time, right? but still you not forget that easy

I think everyone upset about you never git gud if you not born with concept.

I think skill decaying is good, but we need to adjust a little bit.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

aspbody

Aug 15, 2019
I think it should be possible to prevent decay, for example strength might not decay if you fight twice in the same day, or teaching doesn't decay if you teach thrice or whatever, and when you max it it doesn't decay anymore, or some similar threshold mechanic. I want to max out my skills, it sucks that it doesn't matter how much I try to improve. Maybe make it harder, maybe add some requirements to maintain the skills, but I think it should be possible and doable to max out slaver skills

junweizhu

Jan 20, 2019
suggestion: skills decay can we adject to every 3, 5, 7 days according to difficult (hard to easy)

and skill knowledge base (Teaching, Stewardship, Artist, Medic, Magic) skill decaying but not drop to previous rank if exp reach certain point of that rank like (1/2 or 2/3 exp to next rank)

it got rusty some time, right? but still you not forget that easy

I think everyone upset about you never git gud if you not born with concept.

I think skill decaying is good, but we need to adjust a little bit.
How about something like a grace period thing instead, where it won't start decaying until you do little or no actions related to said skill for x days? Unless something similar is already in place, I haven't played it for a while now.

Feb 27, 2024
Are slaves gonna get stat decay? I'm just cycling slave assistants that have some skill maxed from bogs right now since I can't level up my own stats. A ton of micro and not really satisfying to have to rely on slaves for training your slaves.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Are slaves gonna get stat decay? I'm just cycling slave assistants that have some skill maxed from bogs right now since I can't level up my own stats. A ton of micro and not really satisfying to have to rely on slaves for training your slaves.
The answer is no. And I think that kind of proves that stat decay for slavers is an incoherent idea. Why would magic decay immediately for the slaver but not for the slave, ever.

It makes sense that stats take longer to build for the slaver because there's no class for him, no tutor... But that's already a hindrance, so adding decay on top of that is not a good idea

aspbody

Aug 15, 2019
The answer is no. And I think that kind of proves that stat decay for slavers is an incoherent idea. Why would magic decay immediately for the slaver but not for the slave, ever.

It makes sense that stats take longer to build for the slaver because there's no class for him, no tutor... But that's already a hindrance, so adding decay on top of that is not a good idea
I hope that this slaver stat decay mechanic is removed soon.. glad to see that the dev agrees lol

CORNEVS

May 23, 2020
I hope that this slaver stat decay mechanic is removed soon
I don’t know. Actually, mechanics like that have a place for a bit more of challenge, but implementation and... Many players have no idea what they are agreeing to when they starts the story mode. And for the most part, that's where the problem lies.

And if you wanna just disable skill decay, you can use the instructions above.
UPD I) And a couple of recommendations for those, who wants disable skill decay on mid or late game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And if your version for some reason has no console (it hasn’t been removed from the release version), you can download the dev’ version by following this instruction:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

aspbody

Aug 15, 2019
Thanks Cornevs, I didn't know it was possible to disable skill decay! Also, I think that skill decay doesn't add much difficulty in the current state of the game. At least for Johnny, because I was already playing at an almost relaxed pace when my strength increased so much that it started decaying. Same goes for fighting ability.

Feb 27, 2024

I get where the idea comes from but if you were to want to go that path, i'd recommend making it universal, BUT change it in the following ways:

Stat "Decay" becomes Stat "Rust"
  • Where the max achieved is remembered
  • Current stat goes down based on how long it has been since last used, measured in half months or months. EG: after a month of no use, goes down
  • Decrease depends on how perfect the skill is, and starting. So to drop down from +1 of base to base should take many months. Going +5 to +4 should take a month of no skill use
Regaining lost skill:
  • Regaining lost skill should be 1/2 of doing it normally at most up until the max is achieved. If you use the skill right after it goes down, regain should be like 1/8 or 1/16 of normal effort/time for that level
This is a pattern used in a lot of other games that has been fairly well received as it shows the "Practice makes perfect" and "being rusty" with something you haven't done in a while. At the same time, it isn't viewed as much of a big deal cause it doesn't happen very often due to how long it takes to become rusty.

Feb 27, 2024

BTW I'm happy you guys are trying things on this game. The game does need some change-up, so I hope y'all don't take all the feedback as a negative thing. Some stuff works out with hard games, other things land flat. Keep trying though, no hard feelings here :)

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Game crashed if press "End of Day".
Thanks, I was able to reproduce and fix the issue. Feedback: when you say that the game "crashed" it implies that the program stopped running. The issue you encountered (shown in screenshot) was not that. If you hit ESC from that screen, it returns to the normal gameplay mode. That is how the game looks when it runs into a scripting error. Which is fortunately rare these days. You found an edge case:

fixed division by zero breaking end of day sequence when slave eats leftovers, slaver is not hungry and no meal was prepared

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Following changes have been made on the -ia branches of the Dev' version 2.3.0.1, which is save-safe to update from 2.3:
  • fixed division by zero breaking end of day sequence when slave eats leftovers, slaver is not hungry and no meal was prepared
  • corrected already-chosen tooltip when selecting ingredients for alchemy
  • brewing skill (lesser of alchemy or magic) is now displayed on the alchemy screen
  • replaced slaver stat decay with significantly higher experience thresholds for non-aligned backgrounds
To install, download only the 'code' package (links on the wiki ) that aligns to whether or not you have patch media. If yes, you can use the 'code' link from the line labeled 'complete edition', otherwise use the 'code' link from the line under it.

After downloading, unpack into your game folder and overwrite. Then just start the game as usual and load your saved game. If done correctly, it will display a "version updated" pop-up message.

Loading an older save should not lower your slaver's current stats but will re-calculate the thresholds for raising them further if you are in story mode or disabled the 'ignore story' checkbox under the avatar portrait in a custom start.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I have a question, how do you change the amount your assistant eats everyday?
Cause I have an assistant and she is either getting +100 calories a day and her Endurance dwindles if I use her in more than 1 activity or she is getting +1000 calories a day and get really fat because of it

Is there any way to control the amount of food she gets?
Is she healthy (technosphere medical center exam finds no issues)?

Assistant manages her own diet. As long as her physique is not trending downwards and she is not F- she should cut back on calories so as not to increase her physique, unless she is constantly feeling hungry which could happen if her calories are regularly below -500 at the end of the day.

Her endurance dropping due to caloric deficit when you work her too hard is by design. It's difficult to do that repeatedly since she eats more the next day.

If you're seeing something different please share a saved game and instructions on how to reproduce it.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
I definitely think this is a bug. She degrades in the assistant and slave slot for me.

I've tried giving the Vesturian Ambrosia more than 5 times but she keeps sinking rapidly in endurance. I think I just have to sell her to get out of this hell loop. If this is some intentional mechanic it's obscure and quite frankly just infuriating the path to resolution isn't clear. Is there any particular reason to keep Isabella around?
If you give a slave too much faerie pollen it takes quite a while for them to recover. If they fall unconscious you can:

a) let them stay in coma until they recover, at cost of an active slot (optimal: pig in barn with S+ nurse-skill farmhand to feed her and keep her alive)

b) revive at medical center and then have them do athletics (supplementing with ambrosia can help to get their endurance high enough to get into a sustainable pattern of exercise, as well as giving supplements, nutritionist or calculated diet, using kamra sparingly [less harmful], raising their mood, ensuring they have a good teacher, and dressing them in sneakers and leotard) enough times each day to overcome the lingering damage

c) do b only long enough to prepare them for a quick sale

d) just give up and get rid of them

Assistants also may help themselves to your supply of drugs they are addicted to, which will harm endurance faster, so don't let them be assistants while recovering unless you've used up your supply of the drugs they crave.

When you purchase faerie pollen from the shop, the text below changes to this:

1725513632857.png

Also the medical exam will tell you if a slave is addicted. So not that obscure. Knowing how to manage it? It's just a stat dropping, which can be raised in various ways with various degrees of efficiency. Endurance can be raised very quickly and then maintained. The higher the endurance, the more energy the slave has and the more exercise she can do each day, so you can reach an equilibrium where she is able to maintain her rehab and also do other work for you.

Ultimately, using faerie pollen heavily is like taking a loan of time from the future. It has to be paid back eventually if you want to keep that slave.

This is one of the reasons that the Eternal Rome has such a constant demand for new slaves. Most of them are used up and disposed of in short order. Tragic.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2020
Please help. The assistant/slave Isabella keeps losing huge amounts of endurance in both the assistant and slave slots. This happens even when she has multiple green stars, more than 400 calories no activities assigned at all and both moderate and generous portion sizes. She can go from a B+ Endurance to unconscious in just a few days. I tried going back to a save 25 days prior and get the same result.
She has 25 days of faerie pollen to work off, which will take on average 75 days. Using this save, having her "serve me > acrobatics" as many times as is allowed each day (until her energy stars turn purple indicating that she has reached her daily exercise limit), which is a fairly inefficient way to raise her endurance (only +3 per activity), and allowing for the fact that she helps herself to the 4 pollen remaining in your storage and therefore harms herself more, she still stabilizes at Feeble and even starts to build up her endurance again once she no longer has access to the drug. Not a lost cause at all.

Hezcat

Jun 20, 2017

Thanks for the good work, not sure if this was brought already but could you either decrease slaver medic skill thresholds or aleast add another way to get medic exp, by time i reach B/A Rank on my other skills medic is still at D.

4.00 star(s) 62 Votes