4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
I had 34 pages of saves in version 020. Not a single save shows in version 025! How can i play the game this way ??? This is a huge bug and saying that you "have no idea" what causes it is no help. Neither for us nor for you as a developer. If you have no idea what youre doing.. better dont do it.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I had 34 pages of saves in version 020. Not a single save shows in version 025! How can i play the game this way ??? This is a huge bug and saying that you "have no idea" what causes it is no help. Neither for us nor for you as a developer. If you have no idea what youre doing.. better dont do it.
Yeah, the dev should waste time solving a problem of a pirate with a problem on layer 8, funny dude :rolleyes::ROFLMAO: . Dev, please keep working on the project for your paying patrons!

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Well, incompatibility is quite a problem that should be adressed at some point. But tbh I've never seen it as a problem with this game as it takes like 2 minutes to ctrl to any point of a game.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Do you even know where Ren'Py stores your saves? If you do, you should check and see if your old saves are still there.

Hint: Saves are stored in %AppData%

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Do you even know where Ren'Py stores your saves? If you do, you should check and see if your old saves are still there.

Hint: Saves are stored in %AppData%
I dont know exactly where they are saved. I chacked Users/Admin/App Data but didnt see a folder with the respective name. Does someone know the exact locatin of the saves under Windows 10 ? I would even guess that there is some typo for this pfad in version 025 which causes the problem with the saves but i am no programmer or coder ..

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
BTW, all the old saves do appear if i start the version 020. So they must be somewhere, they are not deleted..

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
What if i just copy the saves from the saves folder of version 020 to the saves folder of 025? Would that be enough?

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
What if i just copy the saves from the saves folder of version 020 to the saves folder of 025? Would that be enough?
Yes, that worked! I see all saves now in v. 025 and can go on with the game. I still cant understand though why this doesnt happen automatically as it usually does by all renpy games i played. But that is not MY job to find out..

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I dont know exactly where they are saved. I chacked Users/Admin/App Data but didnt see a folder with the respective name. Does someone know the exact locatin of the saves under Windows 10 ? I would even guess that there is some typo for this pfad in version 025 which causes the problem with the saves but i am no programmer or coder ..
All Ren'Py saves are stored in a hidden folder named .renpy somewhere in %AppData%. The save folder of JOHN is named "Hardews", at least on my side and my saves are from February 2019.

But that is not MY job to find out..
Possible that Stoper fixed the spelling error in "Hardews" in the last version, which means that there should be two different save folder for JOHN in the hidden .renpy folder.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Possible that Stoper fixed the spelling error in "Hardews" in the last version, which means that there should be two different save folder for JOHN in the hidden .renpy folder.
This. Moving the saves from the old folder to the new one will make them visible. Incompatibility issues can still occur though.
Like I mentioned before, keep some saves on the yellow screens at the beginning of each day, those seem to work without problems. Just in case some of the other saves fail to load.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
The game is storing the saves for 0.25 in a new folder.So in order to see and use them,you need to move them there.

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
All Ren'Py saves are stored in a hidden folder named .renpy somewhere in %AppData%. The save folder of JOHN is named "Hardews", at least on my side and my saves are from February 2019.

Yes there are 2 folders: Hardnews and HardNews. Would it really be such a big problem for the dev to make it the same name and avoid all the problems? It's just one letter .. Don't you have 5 minutes to check such details before you release a version, dear dev? Really...

Ennui

Jan 5, 2019
Just recently discovered and played the game.
Granted, I do not have too many of these games under the belt, but that's only cos that many just take the dumpster fire route.
That's why I wanted to record some of my impressions of this game, since it's still under development, sorry if it's too long.
It is really refreshing that someone seems to be able to strike a good balance between the story/characters and sex material.
Not having a dumb female MC that loses her mind and all personality traits that make her a character is a trope should become fetish or a clear tag lol cos it's almost non existent.
And who knows, maybe people go extreme fetish route with only flashing kinky images to justify it cos they almost never came upon a well made, good sex story lol
Spiced up vanilla or with specific kinks that strong MC undergoes could change perspectives, open up the worldview :WeSmart: :eek: :unsure:

After playing GGGB, which seems one of the better games out there that I can link up this game to, also glad to note that unlike GGGB, Conner is not a weak bf material that maybe gets a last minute makeover... but seems to have his own storyline and exploration while also staying somewhat true to himself in a way that does not make him utterly boring. His plot whether predictable or gets a twist, seems to be a good setup, to keep him around gladly around MC.
So hopefully it get's to be much better than GGGB, cos that game in certain routes and details that mattered dropped the ball a little story and mc-wise, making it more of a game where you get to pursue all sort of fetishes, leaving mc with little action and real development of her own.

I also join the chorus that say that Jessica sometimes looks too old, specifically 35ish, which is not a problem but can take away a bit from the game experience because she is new into journalism and seem to be kickstarting her career.
But it also seems that was mostly at the beginning of the game, she is getting to look like 25-30 bracket, especially when without make up, but now also when in her work clothes.
Maybe it's still something to pay attention to, especially since her personal style is going for professional but sexy vibe, so she can easily look too old for a new, young reporter. Other characters seems not to have that issue.
Funny and super random that her design and having a red scooter is similar to a certain popular doll
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Regarding the MC, so far so good, I only hope that she doesn't become too undefined and only a catalyst for player choices and particular CGs, but gets to have a certain set of traits that then a player chooses to take into certain direction. She is a journalist after all, it would be a shame that she doesn't get a fitting story where the sex life is extension of choices and her own agenda that goes with the defined plot and not just made to be bimbo dumpster of different types of fetishes. There's plenty of that anyway. So I hope that story doesn't go the way where in every single route she becomes uncharacteristically dumb and just a reflection of others so the player is constantly stuck with a downgrade.

Basically, do it well! A plus to your creative vision, since it seems to be going the right way anyway. Good on co-writer too.

Attention to background detail is also stunning, makes it really realistic. Maybe give the MC ever better apartment design or smth if she advances, cos Heather and Christian got it too good even though they are a mess :KappaPride:

Is Duncan going to be pursuable?

Anyway, great going, will be here for the rest.

Reactions: Yossarian1

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Yes there are 2 folders: Hardnews and HardNews. Would it really be such a big problem for the dev to make it the same name and avoid all the problems? It's just one letter .. Don't you have 5 minutes to check such details before you release a version, dear dev? Really...
Please don't be an idiot and write shit you know nothing about.

umby

May 27, 2017
Weekly update?
a month ago he said he would release a single scene with his boyfriend (in fact there were very few). perhaps he will have decided not to release it because it would not make sense to release a scene now and then have an update in another two months.

Reactions: penmaster

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
a month ago he said he would release a single scene with his boyfriend (in fact there were very few). perhaps he will have decided not to release it because it would not make sense to release a scene now and then have an update in another two months.
He can still release that scene but together with some other from next day.It won't be the first time.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes