4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

umby

May 27, 2017

Development Blog #39

Hi, all.

I started making the last scene of the update today, if everything goes well (and I don't decide to go wild on it) all should be ready at the end of the month. If I end up delaying it a little, I'll send it to all November patrons as before, so don't worry if you want to cancel or lower your support for the next month.

And speaking of updates, I've been asked by a few people to add some kind of percentage progress bar towards each update. But even if I make something, it wouldn't mean much. The thing is, I don't know how much images a scene would have. I go in with an idea what would happen, but I don't plan all the frames. And often even the content of the scene can change while I work. I can make something based on the number of scenes. Like, if I think there would be 5 scenes in an update, I pump the percentage with 20% when each scene is ready. So it can give a little idea of how the progress is going, but it's still no indication of when the update is going to be ready. Some scenes are bigger than others, and some images are easier to make than others. Anyway, let me know if you want something of this type.

Have fun, and thanks for the support.
hey stoper, insert more of these photos as a bonus in the game, I think it could increase longevity, so in the end it comes to individual renderings, you might consider them a little extra gift

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
This isn't out yet? Funny how the dev used to go on other threads saying how other people were milking or taking too long and now goes down the same path while making a VN. I swear it's the same with almost every dev that starts making some money.
Ooh, someone's still salty because I called his buddy Starke on his bullshit. Cute.

ShabbyCrabby

Sep 17, 2017
This isn't out yet? Funny how the dev used to go on other threads saying how other people were milking or taking too long and now goes down the same path while making a VN. I swear it's the same with almost every dev that starts making some money.
I swear you are either arse buddies with Starke or you are Starke but anyway we are at the end of november for the Fleeting iris "Halloween patch" :ROFLMAO:. Plus stoper has to deal with 3D rendering which takes a lot longer, I know as I am a 3D Designer myself.

• Haha
Reactions: LaPein

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
Yeah honestly i remember him bashing on lust&passion too on the AWAM thread, but hey back then he was on fire his game was just released the 2 months release schedule was on point... yeah how's that saying... what goes around... comes around...
Btw i really don't think we can talk about milking here, he does't make that much i think he lost his motivation or interest.

umby

May 27, 2017
why don't we cheat the time trying to imagine what the scenes in the game will be and what clothes they will wear?

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
satoshi36 , you can search that topic for posts I've made and then come here and show me where I've bashed on the guy for slow releases. All I did is call him on his bullshit technical "explanations" about rendering in 4K and having "too big of a library" or whatever. Hell, you can even see that I've defended his slow work at one point.

Dark Anu

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
calm down guys ... developing a good game is a slow process. Many developers here work alone, consumers expect the result to be just like a professional studio that has many employees.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
- pick:
A. kill the dev because he's a lazy milking asshole.
B. ignore his ass, I wait until he release the game, and I will play for free.
C. complain whenever u can, you believe it will make the dev feel guilty and bad and try to be better.
D. support morally this lazy fuck, because I enjoy the free game when he release it. and i try to give constructive feedback as I want him to success.
E. I can't stand it, fuck the dev, Im out.

- ending routes:
A. he is dead, good riddance, but my cock feels lonely, nothing to fap and Jessica is dead.
B. oh, theres a release, now Im happy, at least during my play, my cock feel good, at least now. after that I will ignore his ass until next time.
C. failed, the dev is not working his ass because you thoughts so, instead he feel miserable and drop the project to start another one or stop releasing altogether.
D. the dev seems happy and feel good when I say good shit about him, he keep releasing even if slowly, Jessica survives!
E. you dont give a shit, but at least you will not make it worse, others that support his ass, will feel a bit better since they dont need to read your shit.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Everyone must calm down.
Every dev/with the exception of Mr.Dots,Gunsmoke Games and Braindrop and Dark Silver to some extent/is changing the time between updates from set in stone date,to whenever is done.
Of course I want an update with 1000 renders and 50 animations each month for each of the games I am playing.But that won't happen.And I am cool with that.Plenty of time to watch the new volume of RWBY,to finaly play some board and card games,and maybe to complete on 100% some GBA and NDS games.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I still don't know why you guys keep mentioning him. I don't speak or ever claimed to speak in his behalf. You're talking about a forum that has been near dead for years now. All I saw in ULMF was him shutting down trolls. What's this bad rep about him based on? Care to enlighten me?
Sure, he had a reputation of milking just like today, he was working in the same game back in the day.
But enough with the off-topic.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I still don't know why you guys keep mentioning him. I don't speak or ever claimed to speak in his behalf. You're talking about a forum that has been near dead for years now. All I saw in ULMF was him shutting down trolls. What's this bad rep about him based on? Care to enlighten me?
Even I know about his questionable reputation.You must be living under a rock:)

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes