4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
The dev sounds a bit like a perfectionist which in a way is good especially if he is saying the scene is no good it's better to have that little bit of delay if it means we will get a better scene from it.

Reactions: armion82 and mma456

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
The dev sounds a bit like a perfectionist which in a way is good especially if he is saying the scene is no good it's better to have that little bit of delay if it means we will get a better scene from it.
I almost sound like a broken record but if a pizza chef takes 20 minutes to arrange the olives and another 10 to make sure the cheese is spread evenly only a few customers are going to appreciate the love for details. The others will go to bed hungry.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I almost sound like a broken record but if a pizza chef takes 20 minutes to arrange the olives and another 10 to make sure the cheese is spread evenly only a few customers are going to appreciate the love for details. The others will go to bed hungry.
Well it's just as well none of us is ordering a pizza from him then :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: genmaximo

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
It is, in case you forgot, it was first released as an beta with only half a day Saturday and then released with both Saturday and Sunday.
That is what I am talking too:)
Will be realy good if some big companies are doing it too.Also some board and card games.Realy tired from so many full of bugs and with missing content AAA games.

Reactions: T800 and Mormont

umby

May 27, 2017
don't trust guys, stoper said "weekend" so it means that it will come out Sunday night unless you run into other scenes "not to your liking". Just wait for the game ...

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
This is true. But the thing is, I'm not a vendor of anything. I make the game because I like making it.
So if the few who appreciate the efforts are willing to support my work, I'm happy with it. And the rest can grab a slice for free if they feel like it. And if they don't, there are plenty of fast food joints around.

umby

May 27, 2017
This is true. But the thing is, I'm not a vendor of anything. I make the game because I like making it.
So if the few who appreciate the efforts are willing to support my work, I'm happy with it. And the rest can grab a slice for free if they feel like it. And if they don't, there are plenty of fast food joints around.
providing more precise release dates is just part of those efforts you've talked about, and surely your supporters will be grateful. They are just tips.

• Angry
Reactions: UncleVT

VulgarJoys

Nov 6, 2018
And if they don't, there are plenty of fast food joints around.
It happens sometimes, fast food is much better than in the most expensive restaurant. What's important? It is important that a person does what he likes to do. I have no claims but I would like to notice more often at least some news, more, often than 1-2 times a month. ;)

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
umby , I am trying to give some release dates. Which just brings me more trouble - people are understandably disappointed when I miss them, and I feel bad when that happens as well.
I don't think you should feel bad about missing release dates when you're doing your best, there's no adult game that doesn't get delayed at some point. Think about implementing some kind of percentage progress tracker instead of giving an estimated release timeframe. It seems that's what all the cool kids are doing these days. Cheers, buddy.

Reactions: diegao and T800

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
umby , I am trying to give some release dates. Which just brings me more trouble - people are understandably disappointed when I miss them, and I feel bad when that happens as well.
Easily fixed Stoper. Stop making those gorgeous renders and start producing games using stick figures. The added speed is sure to stop all complaints about deadlines.
ioO3gVn.png

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes