4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
I used to work at a fancy Italian restaurant. I am a skilled chef at making a number of Italian foods including pizza. I am also currently a game developer. So I am in a unique position the shed light on the similarities and differences in making a pizza and making a game.
What a coincidence! Amazing! Even though you're still missing the point why should I bother explaining myself. I would probably contradict myself and with your master's degree in English literature and psychology you're not someone to be easily fooled by just anyone.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
What a coincidence! Amazing! Even though you're still missing the point why should I bother explaining myself. I would probably contradict myself and with your master's degree in English literature and psychology you're not someone to be easily fooled by just anyone.
I think I get the point that you were trying to make. The point you were trying to make is as Da Vinci Said : "A painting is never finished only abandoned." There is always that one little tweak or adjustment or addition that can modify things slightly to be that much better to the artist. Perfectionism... Sometimes when something is 99% done it's close enough and to just release it already now would be just fine and dandy. After all, you can always release a patch version in a few days if you make a change.

That point I think you were trying to make had you made it the way I just did is a fair enough point.

On the other hand, the way that you expressed youreself I had to explain to you that making a pizza and making a game are not a similar process. If by making a pizza you meant to create your own special tomato sauce, and gather all the ingredients from producers, and start your own pizza shop where you run things... Ya, maybe then it's similar to making a game. However, just popping it in the oven and cooking it as instructed is not the same be it a Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Little Ceasars, Gepettos, ect ect. They all have a similar process and way of doing things.

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Well now you get it. My only point of critique is that some shortcuts here and there would neither hurt the developing process nor the overall looks of the renders. It's not vital for the game, for example, to redo a restaurant scene because it was missing other guests or the flowers on the table weren't in season.

Making a game is hard and a good game even harder - I understand that. I was only throwing my analogy into the room to make people understand why it takes as long as it takes. Nothing - no money or whining - will speed up the process unless the dev is willing to reduce the time he spends on arranging his scenes.

And since he's not willing to do that, which he is perfectly entitled to, people will have to wait.

penmaster

Nov 16, 2018
I used to work at a fancy Italian restaurant. I am a skilled chef at making a number of Italian foods including pizza. I am also currently a game developer. So I am in a unique position the shed light on the similarities and differences in making a pizza and making a game.

When you make a pizza: You take exact measurements of each ingredient. You methodically do things in order in a "rote learning" style. You make the pizza the exact same way each time with as small of variation as possible from the previous pizzas you have made. You cook things the same way that a machine could if it were programmed to do so. It's similar to assembly line work. Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat... Even a specialty order such as shaping the pepperonis to look like a dick for a bachelorette party is only minor deviations and even then you are given specifics at the request of the customer again with very detailed instructions.

When you make a game: Nothing is set in stone. Nobody hands you a recipe and says "get to work!" You start off with a blank canvas. You must draw on 3 very different skills. Writing, coding, and visual art. The coding portion can be compared to the rote stuff previously mentioned, but not the writing or visual art. I'll give you that the coding portion can be like making a pizza... The only difference is if you put bugs in the code it oftentimes causes a much bigger problem than just 1 or 2 missing pepperoni. If you put a single character in the wrong place the whole game can be broken until you fix it. The writing requires you to be able to write, but not just a linear kinetic story. You must have a branching universe with multiple choices that change can require you to build a whole new story after a choice. Have your main character select one job over another? Well... That's two whole different storylines and whole different story paths. Each is independent. As for the visuals... You must be able to visualize everything written. Be it drawing them in 2d or rendering them in 3d. You wrote something too hard to visualize? Guess what you gotta go back and change the story now... You have to create characters that are believable, but not too boring. You must create plot points and fit them together. You can't have your character be in two places at once. You must create an entire universe that your people that you created live in. You must choose every little thing about them. Hair color, eye color, alll physical things.... virgin? slut? smart? dumb? speach impediment? freckles? how do they interact with others? what are their hobbies? what is their struggle? who is their nemesis? do they have friends? do they smoke cigarettes? do they drink or do drugs? do they have a phobia? are they faithful or a cheater? You must create a past, present, and future for everyone. And the future is not set in stone and it leads to multiple endings.

So yes, making a game and making a pizza are not similar.
As per this " PIZZA THEORY" I still think domino's does better pizza than an Italian restaurant. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
- laziness

• Haha
Reactions: AndyMilk

userpass

Mar 3, 2017

When you make a pizza: You take exact measurements of each ingredient. You methodically do things in order in a "rote learning" style. You make the pizza the exact same way each time with as small of variation as possible from the previous pizzas you have made. You cook things the same way that a machine could if it were programmed to do so. It's similar to assembly line work. Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat... Even a specialty order such as shaping the pepperonis to look like a dick for a bachelorette party is only minor deviations and even then you are given specifics at the request of the customer again with very detailed instructions.
All you are describing is being a line chef and recreating an existing recipe. As you yourself observed, this process is designed so the average low skill worker can recreate it. The analogy slightchance was creating is from the perspective of a head chef crafting an original recipe which does take a lot of iterating and creativity, hence why there is such a massive range in the potential taste and quality of pizza.

Reactions: rateezy

penmaster

Nov 16, 2018
She will get fucked by thug. Thug blackmail her in giving information and just like in a popular game which all know off.

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
Wut fan art? Is this 100% the same body? Cause I love her hips, legs, skin and especially her thighs. Her boobs look also soo big and she wears no make up which is really nice, cause I still think Jessica looks pretty but far more beautiful without makeup.

who is the artist? He should work with stoper :p;)

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 186 Votes