4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

umby

May 27, 2017

Development Blog #42

Hi, everyone.

I hope 2020 is treating you well. I've been working on the small side project I've been telling you about, and it's time to give you some more details about it.

A few months ago I found this author named Dantes , who's writing lewd stories. I liked his work and got in contact with him to send him my kudos for his quality work. We started chatting, one thing led to another, and we decided to do a little collaboration project together. We'll basically make one of his books into an illustrated novel. I provide the images, he does the writing (several chapters of the story are already published). There will be 20-30 images (full page images, and comics pages) per chapter, distributed among the text. You'll have to do some reading to get the full experience, but I'm trying to make sure the images well relatively well on their own as well (for those who don't like reading). For now it will be a in a PDF format, but I'm considering doing some Ren'Py package as well, similar to my other side projects.

You can check Dantes's work on his web site:
or

He's writing in Spanish, but he's slowly translating his work in English as well. He has a few ongoing books, releasing them in small chapters one at a time. There are 3 other authors writing smutty books on his site, but their work is only in Spanish. I personally use Google Translate to read them, and it does a decent enough job translating in English. If you want to check them out, the first chapter of each saga is free on his web site. The book we'll be working on is called Paola.

So, the couple above are Paola and her husband Juan Carlos. You know I don't like to spoil anything, but suffice to say that their marriage will go through a rough (and entertaining for us) patch. For those who want to know more, you can check the summary for the series . There are 7 chapters in Spanish already released, at the moment only the first 2 are translated in English.

I'm working on Chapter 1 at the moment. The work goes a little slower because there are a few complex environments in it that a had to create. As well as characters and all that.

Making those is always fun. And I'll be using them in the game as well, with some cosmetic changes, of course.
No release date yet, I'll let you know when it's almost ready.

And speaking of the game, I made it available for $1 patrons. And I added a Spanish translation to the package (you can switch the language from the Preferences). It's a fan made translation, courtesy of Darax.

That's it for now. Stay well, and thanks for the support.
Your works are always fantastic Stoper, but are you sure that this parallel project does not slow down the work on jessica too much? Having two projects to admire for us would be a great pleasure but I would not like to have to wait even 5 months for both. Take care you are the best.

VulgarJoys

Nov 6, 2018
stoper, Very beautiful and good work, it's a pity you don't have the desire and opportunity to make a sandbox. It is very pleasant to observe the interiors and the overall picture. In novels, as a rule, everything happens quickly enough, but you want to run around in different places.

PS: In general, successful collaboration to you! :)

Reactions: stoper

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
What does this all this have to do with JOHN except delaying its release date even further? Stop clogging the thread with side projects no one asked for.
As good as this game is, I doubt I would ever pledge towards this dev.
He seems to prefer to indulge his own whims, rather than working to get an update out for his patrons, ASAP.
Even if the side-projects do only take two weeks, it's two more weeks for the patrons to wait.
His fanboys' will come on here and say that they don't mind, but I'd like to bet there are many patrons that do.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Both opinions are actually valid. That's why you can start and cancel your pledge at any time.
If you're interested only in the game updates, you can pledge only when you see the update release and then cancel it.
And if you want to support the author, you can keep pledging even when they are "indulging their own whims".

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
Both opinions are actually valid. That's why you can start and cancel your pledge at any time.
If you're interested only in the game updates, you can pledge only when you see the update release and then cancel it.
And if you want to support the author, you can keep pledging even when they are "indulging their own whims".
Jesus good thing you have a good head on your shoulders, trying to explain this to those two above would've been a nightmare...

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
As good as this game is, I doubt I would ever pledge towards this dev.
He seems to prefer to indulge his own whims, rather than working to get an update out for his patrons, ASAP.
Even if the side-projects do only take two weeks, it's two more weeks for the patrons to wait.
His fanboys' will come on here and say that they don't mind, but I'd like to bet there are many patrons that do.
This is not kickstarter and you don't give money to get a game.This is your mistake.

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
I asked for them. Which is kind of essential come to think of it.
Don't really understand what you mean by you "did ask for them". Correct me if I am wrong but this isn't /threads/stoper, it's JOHN's. :cool:

I can count on one hand how often my comments got deleted because I went off-topic and talked about other games. A veteran like Longo McFap! should know better and it wouldn't be fair if other devs are treated differently, not matter how much everyone would like you to succeed as interior designer.

Ciao!

Last edited:

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Don't really understand what you mean by you "did ask for them". Correct me if I am wrong but this isn't /threads/stoper, it's JOHN's. :cool:

I can count on one hand how often my comments got deleted because I went off-topic and talked about other games. A veteran like Longo McFap! should know better and it wouldn't be fair if other devs are treated differently, not matter how much everyone would like you succeed as interior designer.

Ciao!
Since the posted images will be also used for JOHN there is a connection, a thin connection I admit, but it is there.
So I don't know what the rant against me is about? Because pirates are pissed because they think they do not get updates often enough or in size too small updates or not the content they think they have the right to get for free?! My post is more useful to this thread then many of the fuckin dumb complains people post here. If you don't like it report it to a mod, he will decide.

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Since the posted images will be also used for JOHN there is a connection, a thin connection I admit, but it is there.
So I don't know what the rant against me is about?
Oh come on, I still love you. It's just that it feels like every island we encounter is getting smaller and smaller. We used to find coconut trees on them to make a huge bonfires, with the next bare chest just a bottle of rum away.
Not every small bump in the seabed was an inactive volcano asking for tribute.

slightchance so you think a post about me working on a side project instead of the game is irrelevant to the topic about the game?
A one liner about you being occupied with other projects would have sufficed IMO.
That being said, how can I help with this one? I've heard rumors that not every retirement home has WiFi and I'd like to be able to play it from start to finish one day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hambo

penmaster

Nov 16, 2018
slightchance so you think a post about me working on a side project instead of the game is irrelevant to the topic about the game?
Stoper I really liked the mayor scene the update before the last one. Was very cool. Hoping to see Jessica and the mayor both in action in a hotel room of the event or something like that.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
I read the summary of the new side project and it actually sounds really really good. But please stoper tell me it's not going to be all Old Geezers that Paola beds?

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
Got to be honest this is kind of disheartening. I am being self-centered for certain, and i'm waffling on whether i'm just completely being a ridiculous whiner or rather that, because there is also money involved, it's reasonable to look out for your buck.

Originally there was supposed to a JOHN release every 2 months, which obviously turned out to not be consistently doable so far. It's more like 4, 3.5 if we're being generous. And while the updates are always great and reasonably sized, they are still on the smaller side compared to some of the other games in the top top tier like JOHN.

I worry if this 'shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks' projection for this new project is itself doable. Wasn't that originally the idea for the apocalypse side project as well? But that had to be dropped. I'm not sure i see the logic in dropping one ongoing side project for another. Then there's the animations, the extra renders, and all the other stuff going on. It adds up to how much? How much that could be dedicated to JOHN, which personally, is all i'm supporting for. And progress has been on the slow side.

Well, i could go on, but we'll see. I'm skeptical about this setup but i really do hope it pans out. And stoper 'deserves' a chance (i feel like a numpty for putting it that way but you know what i mean).

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 186 Votes