4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
After reading the last few pages, I'm glad I haven't jumped into game development.
For starters, stoper explicitly outlined how short his update would be. He knew that some people would be disappointed, and preemptively attempted to lower the expectations. He DOES NOT have an obligation to update the changelog, or repeat himself countless of times to appease lazy and seemingly illiterate lurkers.
Stoper is one of the few developers out here who seems to be open to constructive criticism and feedback from F95 members. He understands that piracy is outside of his control, and to the best of my knowledge, has not attempted prevent or disrupt the sharing of his game updates on the forum (like DecentMonkey did recently).
If you felt that the update was underwhelming, that's a fair and reasonable point. You'd just need to put it into context: Since the last update, stoper was hired to work on a Lesson of Passion game, which took his focus away from JOHN. Moreover, he and Dantes worked on Paola, a completely new project. JOHN became a casualty of these circumstances.
I'll never begrudge someone for prioritizing paid work over something that's more akin to a hobby (even with Patrons involved). If he properly communicated this fact to his Patrons, then he's okay in my book. If he kept promising wonderful updates that would never materialize in order to keep the cash flow going (which I doubt), then that's not cool.
I haven't played the update yet. Maybe I'll be disappointed like you guys are, but if I have any criticisms, I'll attempt to phrase them in a way that keeps the conversation going. Saying "you're a milker" is not constructive feedback (aside from being factually incorrect) - it's an attack on character, and marks the end of a creator's engagement.
Patrons of this game are perfectly aware of stoper's release schedule, and they're free to decide whether it suits their needs or not. If they're unhappy with the product provided or if they think their money will be better spent elsewhere, they'll withdraw their support. But let's not forget that without Patrons, the game would probably come to a stop.
From my point of view, the only questionable thing that stoper said is that we have "stolen" his work. This implies that we stole the potential earnings he would have made, which is not true. Piracy is NOT theft, especially if there was never any intention of providing financial support to begin with. Only a small minority of pirates ever become Patrons.
This is all to say that everyone needs to take a step back and relax. Pirates will keep doing what they do (regardless of shaming language), and creators will keep creating until it ceases to be personally or financially rewarding. And when that happens, new creators will come into the fold. That's the circle of life, so let's not blow things out of proportion.
1) the "piracy" is a way to promote your work
(if they want promote with banners they will require a lot of money)
so "piracy" is a way to promote for free your game
2) of course developers can do whatever they want...
(but also the supporters can do that)
3) I also don't like people that complain about this or that
4) An Artist requires his time to make a good a game

5) THE DEV CANNOT SELL AN INCOMPLETE GAME! (this point is very important

(but there are a lot of DEV that just publish a game with only 2 or 3 days of the story)

I think that a good game maker should be publish a game when at least 1/3 or half of the story is ready...

But instead there are a lot of them that publish as fast is possible to get patreon subscriptions and after they start to go SLOWWWW
VERY SLOWWW
more slow = more money

and also a lot of them declaring abandoned their work in order to make money without doing nothing...

I'm not complain with stoper
this game is great
but i would be glad to see more effort to continue this great story instad starting new stories...

Starting a good story is relatively much easy to complete the story that must remain good
because in the start you can do all the way you want...
but finish a story is very difficukt and requires a GREAT SKILL.

I hope that Jessica will be update more often... than i will be glad to support again.

Thanks

Last edited:

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
If you have the date with Parker the only scene after is Jessica cover her boyfriend and then she goes to bad, that's it.

If you didn't go to the date with Parker and are on Heather Route, you go to her home and have a scene with her and her husband.

That's the only routes that i did and the only scenes that i saw that this update bring.
yes the day 9 was incomplete in the 0.30
with 0.31 there is the end of the day 9... and the day 10 stars

that's all and it is very poor update but ok thanks

usually it should be 1 complete day... but now
0.30 is half of 9 day
and 0.31 is the end of day 9

so the version 032 will be the start of day 10?

JamesVik

Oct 22, 2018
It would have been better of not releasing an update at all then releasing that. The only explanation is him trying to milk his patreon supporter.

• Angry
Reactions: petrenko8

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
1) the "piracy" is a way to promote your work
(if they want promote with banners they will require a lot of money)
so "piracy" is a way to promote for free your game
2) of course developers can do whatever they want...
(but also the supporters can do that)
3) I also don't like people that complain about this or that
4) An Artist requires his time to make a good a game

5) THE DEV CANNOT SELL AN INCOMPLETE GAME! (this point is very important

(but there are a lot of DEV that just publish a game with only 2 or 3 days of the story)

I think that a good game maker should be publish a game when at least 1/3 or half of the story is ready...

But instead there are a lot of them that publish as fast is possible to get patreon subscriptions and after they start to go SLOWWWW
VERY SLOWWW
more slow = more money

and also a lot of them declaring abandoned their work in order to make money without doing nothing...

I'm not complain with stoper
this game is great
but i would be glad to see more effort to continue this great story instad starting new stories...

Starting a good story is relatively much easy to complete the story that must remain good
because in the start you can do all the way you want...
but finish a story is very difficukt and requires a GREAT SKILL.

I hope that Jessica will be update more often... than i will be glad to support again.

Thanks
interesting point of view! But why develop 50% of the story and maybe even 25% of renders if you don’t know if the game succeed and getting liked? also some devs pref Feedback to change/add things supporters and fans like/don’t like.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Simple Answer to all that:
When a dev is Hired or in a project with another dev and has no time in the next few month for his own project than just pause the payment for that time.

Aaaand : problem solvet
But that not gonna happen like no one does that even when announcing that the update will be delayed a view month.
I don't know if you speak in general. But I've not been hired to do any job. I worked on Paola, which was released to my patrons as a bonus content.

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
I don't know if you speak in general. But I've not been hired to do any job. I worked on Paola, which was released to my patrons as a bonus content.
i understand that ppl are a bit sad about this and that but being pissed you started a side project (which btw is very good) is totally unnecessary und undeserved. I mean - hands down - the updates between every John update already were long a few more weeks or a month doesn’t make it worser or something. Ppl tend to forget you (as far as I know) work alone and that your crazy good renders need I bet much time to render and get polished.

i think Paola is a breath of fresh air and a very cool and hot project. (and a good alternative for all Bella lovers ;) )

But lately it happens often that some guys outrage very quickly of someone starts a side project (Lily of The Valley too for example) i mean you guys didn’t broke with your main game and you communicate and keep followers updated (which is unfortunately not that normal) so I think as long as you keep us frequently updated and tell how things work and maybe delayed it’s totally fine. And you do that which is imo professional . Keep it up!

Reactions: stoper

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
It would have been better of not releasing an update at all then releasing that. The only explanation is him trying to milk his patreon supporter.
You mean "the only explanation" that you can think of. That says far more about your ability to think than it does about the author's actions.

Why are whiny people here moaning about the impact on stoper's poor, poor patrons? If you are a patron, make your complaints on the patreon page, where you might have an interested listener. If you aren't, don't make the assumption that his patrons need your value judgements to tell them they are getting screwed. Maybe they are adults who are patrons for reasons good enough for them. Maybe you are not, in fact, smarter than them and in a position to tell them anything.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I cant wait to see how she write or get involved in the HARD NEWS that are in the title.
(usually a reporter that do not publish any news after 9 days will be fired)
The Police corrupted path should be a great journalist story where she is involved in a lot of risky and "HARD-sexy-news" situations .. but ok i will wait...

Stoper are doing a great job with this game...
I know it is not simple... but the renders are on the TOP for me.
Thanks

Reactions: Wkaos420

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
(n)
I think this point is not correct at all
I'm glad to the patreon that support his work because he makes the best renders i'd never see

(the time required for the update is a bit too much... but there are others that do much bad then him)

Reactions: Wkaos420
4.10 star(s) 186 Votes