4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

randomguy

Aug 5, 2016
yk i'm not a patron so maybe i don't have the right to bitch about this but last month and correct me if i'm wrong but we got Jess working on stopers hardware right thats just not re;lated to the game in any way and then we got "this is Tanya a girl i'm working on Paola" and after that we get "this is an animation for Paola" so wtf Stoper is any work done on JOHN or is it just Paola work,don't get me wrong Paola is an awesome story and Stoper work is just off the charts his renders are the best i've seen here but JOHN is a great game,why neglect it WHY? any patrons here pls just pls prove my thoughts wrong
That's a perfectly reasonable take to have, you don't have to financially support something in order to give your reasons as to why you feel like financially supporting it is a waste of money.

I personally don't feel like supporting stoper's side projects. Currently as it is if I pledge money to his patreon I'm supporting both JOHN and a visual novel I have no interest in, not entirely sure what's going on with the apocalypse game he had, but at no point, except maybe in the beginning months, would I be pledging my money exclusively towards the development of JOHN.

I'll say that this game is, in my opinion, the best one on this site by far in terms of quality of renders and writing, but I'm not going to support a dev who according to himself, and me, works slow and is also working on projects I have no interests.

Last edited:

Bablu (NTR)

May 22, 2018
That's a perfectly reasonable take to have, you don't have to financially support something in order to give your reasons as to why you feel like financially supporting it is a waste of money.

I personally don't feel like supporting stoper's side projects. Currently as it is if I pledge money to his patreon I'm not supporting both JOHN and a visual novel I have no interest in, not entirely sure what's going on with the apocalypse game he had, but at no point, except maybe in the beginning months, would I be pledging my money exclusively towards the development of JOHN.

I'll say that this game is, in my opinion, the best one on this site by far in terms of quality of renders and writing, but I'm not going to support a dev who according to himself, and me, works slow and is also working on projects I have no interests.
Agree. I mean why even start another project when your current project is doing great and requires a lot of your time already. Can't seem to digest this reason. Since i am not his patron and gets his stuff for free so i have no right to bitch about it and almost never did. I hope he listens to his supporters and gives his full or most time to JOHN.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Agree. I mean why even start another project when your current project is doing great and requires a lot of your time already. Can't seem to digest this reason. Since i am not his patron and gets his stuff for free so i have no right to bitch about it and almost never did. I hope he listens to his supporters and gives his full or most time to JOHN.
Paola isn't a game, It's an illustrated novel. The writer is paying stoper to do the illustrations.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Paola isn't a game, It's an illustrated novel. The writer is paying stoper to do the illustrations.
He's not paying me, it's a collaboration project. And it's a small one, just a week or two to work on between the updates of the game.
Well, I lost some time initially, making characters and environments. But those would come in handy for the game as well.

SlutWifeGuoGuo

Sep 13, 2018
I think the game is done too slowly, more or less the reason.

Why don't you just throw everything online and let the Internet do it. And share it!

Like a lot of large stand-alone games, and even some online games, is to do the slow to death, or do not do, all sorts of reasons, the game all the things thrown online, and then the netizens together to discuss the production.

I didn't find the game made this way worse than the original author or the original game company, and fast fantastic!

Never underestimate the power of the people, by their OTAKU IMAGINATION!

I sincerely hope that some of the game can not go on, as all open, let the netizens play it!

Well, you will always get a good review, basic will not have many people to say you are not good!

As it turns out, it is! Although only a few writers for practical reasons to throw all the original online, let everyone free play, I am very boring, check nearly 20 years of all the stand-alone Games and some online games.

A lot of game companies or original authors, either because of time or money, or because of consideration of the public, will open source, 100 is only 2 ~ 3 only (just for example)

There are also writers who are single handedly rich and persistent, who are generally silent for 2 or 3 years and then explode, no worse than those produced by some well known game companies.

There's also the author of one-on-one, with the ideas, the stamina, the lack of funding, and it all comes to nothing. F95, I've been here over a year, I've played almost all the games once, and I've played 80% of them. . . I'm fucking bored out of my mind.

If I wasn't color blind and flunked Chinese, I would post a bunch of them. . .

I'm so fucked up, some writers make a game out of it, you can make it public, we can make it free. My kind of person is, you give me a foundation, I can give you change the appearance of all fly, change until I like. If you ask me to create a game, I'm not that good at it, ......... Oh, I'm bored

mma456

Dec 2, 2018

Development Blog #56

Hey, all.

I'm hard at work on the upcoming update for the game. Doing a decent progress, but there's still a lot of work to be done. So no concrete release date for now.

In the meantime, enjoy some Jessica. I'm going to make some more images and share them as bonus art in the next few days.

Stay safe, and thank you for the continuous support.

View attachment 686320 View attachment 686321
Is that supposed to be her cheerleader outfit? Sure hope not cause they look way more sexy with a skirt.

Reactions: TNTed

randomguy

Aug 5, 2016
You can call it whatever you want it's still a project that I'm not willing to financially support.

Again, this is the best game on this site, however the update rate is too slow for me to financially support it. Even without any of the side projects I would be unlikely to support a game that rolls out updates at this pace, however seeing that it's not even his main focus means I wouldn't even consider supporting it.

Ofcourse this is just my personal take, others obviously don't feel the same way and are happy to support stoper's projects.

Yossarian1

Apr 27, 2019
I'm not sure, but it looks like we're on a dead-end here. This game is definitely the best game on the site. Great renderings, great MC, great story... But we have a problem. I supported the developer for months. Everyone says the game is great, but nobody doesn't support the developer because of the slow update. I think this is a bit unfair. Perhaps the game gets uptade faster if the developer gets enough support. Nobody talks about it, but everyone complains about something. This game is the best game on the site and I do not want this game to be abandoned for your absurd complaints. No I deserve you. Updates are really slow. But collaboration is always good, right? Support the developer enough because I think he needs motivation.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
I'm not sure, but it looks like we're on a dead-end here. This game is definitely the best game on the site. Great renderings, great MC, great story... But we have a problem. I supported the developer for months. Everyone says the game is great, but nobody doesn't support the developer because of the slow update. I think this is a bit unfair. Perhaps the game gets uptade faster if the developer gets enough support. Nobody talks about it, but everyone complains about something. This game is the best game on the site and I do not want this game to be abandoned for your absurd complaints. No I deserve you. Updates are really slow. But collaboration is always good, right? Support the developer enough because I think he needs motivation.
other devs have more supporters but are equally slow L&P type
others are faster but the quality of the game is lower than the SNC type
it all depends on how long you can spend in the game.
if it were the main job then it could be faster and work in a team

I don't know how much money he has left after the patreon fees, even if 50% could be enough to make it a permanent job?

px305

May 6, 2017
Why all the hating with the side project? I mean the updates were still slow before that.

Some devs burn out if they only focus on one project, If having collaborations gives them more knowledge and inspiration good for them.

And to be honest, I liked more the content of Paola with only 1 release that JOHN with all his releases combined.

Reactions: Back
4.10 star(s) 186 Votes