4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Development Blog #58
Hi, everyone.
I'm almost done with the penultimate scene for the update, one last to make after that and the update will be finally ready. I'm happy with how the update is coming out. Could've been a little more naughty, but that will happen sooner or later. When I start the last scene I'll be able to give you a solid date for the release.
On another note, some of you may have seen the news that Patreon is going to start applying sales tax to the pledges for people from some countries. I honestly have no idea what's up with that, because I've been paying VAT for my support since I started using Patreon. I guess they are just adding it for more countries, yet they talk about it as if it's something new. Whatever. In any case, if your country is on that list, you should've received a message from Patreon informing you about the changes. I've adjusted my support tiers to reflect best the type of support I receive from you, since different products/services are taxed differently. Most of you are here just to support my work, the benefits I have for each tier are far to infrequent to be considered. Such type of support is supposedly non taxable in most places, but all this varies from country to country. So make sure to check how much you will be charged (the price you see for each tier will not change, but you can see the tax you will eventually pay on the checkout page just before confirming your pledge).
Have fun, and thanks for the support.

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
Before you go further, at least HST and GST have one rate. In many countries in Europe they have multiple rates with extremely convoluted interpretation which product, service, subservice falls under which category... With hefty fines if you misinterpret, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cold_arctus

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Before you go further, at least HST and GST have one rate. In many countries in Europe they have multiple rates with extremely convoluted interpretation which product, service, subservice falls under which category... With hefty fines if you misinterpret, of course.
Correct. At least here in Germany it is easier to tell apart when and where you pay the reduced and the normal sales tax. The reduced sales tax is for essential goods like food, beverages and books and the general sales tax for everything else. But as you correctly pointed out sometimes it isn't clear under which category which service, subservice falls. Best examples are books and ebooks or take out food and stay and eat in the restaurant.

Reactions: Radoslaw Wolf

SubtleHustle

May 11, 2017
Yep, some states don't add sales tax to grocery items. Some states don't tax services sold. Counties and municipalities can have additional taxes for certain goods or services. Usually any additional tax by the municipalities that is added to the state sales tax is ear marked for some local service or facility, say a convention center or a park. Patreon shouldn't be worried about any of this shit and just give the artist a 1099-misc and be done with it. They are going to create a nightmare and a burden to which they will never be able to dig themselves out of. And I wouldn't doubt it if they go under for adding sales tax to shit and not paying that local government quick enough. If you collect taxes on something and do not give it to the state or local county quick enough you are fucked. No lube.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes