4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

Busted1201

Sep 29, 2017
I wonder if this is the problem related new renpy engine or just this game... Is there any other game you can suggest which has new renpy? So I can test where the problem lies...
Maybe try it with free version 0.35 on stopers patreon page it's there for free.
Maye it's works... Got nothing to lose.

Sorry it's for member smalparrot53

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I wonder if this is the problem related new renpy engine or just this game... Is there any other game you can suggest which has new renpy? So I can test where the problem lies...
try to use the game folder with the Ren'py Launcher 7.4.2 that has been updated 3 days ago

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
A quick solution.. Delete the game folder from 0.40 and Copy the game folder from 0.41 and put in the update 0.40...it worked for me... Somebody gave this tip here earlier.
It might work for JOHN but not for other games. And it doesn't fix the actual problem.
There are a few (reported by other users and which I have tested):
Oopsy Daisy
Avalon
Family Affair
when lunching Ren'Py hold down Shift key or Shift + G
Doesn't work, because game does not launch.
try to use the game folder with the Ren'py Launcher 7.4.2 that has been updated 3 days ago
Stoper already use the latest Ren'Py SDK v7.4.2 for JOHN v0.41.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
in any case upgrade the engine in a working progress game is not safe
I think there are a lot of problems...
I suggest to end the game and than start a new one with the new engine if you want to be sure about the udate remain compatible with the previous version

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
I liked the .4 and .41 update. The scene was the mayor was hot, 2nd best in the game just after the car scene with Mr. Parker.

Moving forward I sincerely hope there's less BF content, I believe 3 of the 4 scenes involved him in some way and frankly he's gotten stale. If you don't begrudgingly have sexual acts with him, the content of the game suffers so much.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I'm on mac and the game launch just fine but the old saves comes with errors
so restart the game from the beginning is a must! Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 19.03.30.png

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
defd how old are the saves you're trying to use and from what version of the game?

yvb

Jul 19, 2017
My game started without problems and old saves work - at least the ones I tried

smallparrot53

May 28, 2020
Update : I downloaded version 0.35 and deleted it's Game folder and pasted the new game folder into it... Now it is working fine... Thank you for everyone tried to help. I appreciate it... <3

Reactions: Busted1201

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
While I also think Connor's scenes are too vanilla for my taste I'd rather see him stepping up his game than be gone completely. Wish he would smile more, talk dirty and take the initiative for once because I'd love to see Jessica being torn between him and the other guys. It's too easy to choose someone else for anything sexual at this point and for romantic scenes they don't have enough chemistry. They need to do something exclusive together, like visiting a gloryhole or inviting the neighbor for some DP action.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021
Hey there, I just downloaded version 0.41 (from two different links). When I start the game, i receive the 'John.Exe is not a valid Win32 app'. How come? I played 0.40 with no problems (and I love this game)

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes