4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

sins31

Jul 10, 2020
Its not JOHN:

"
Hi, everyone.

Here are some random images and wallpapers of the character I made recently. Here name is Gabriela and she's the protagonist of a story over at my friend Dantes' site by am author called Roger David. Sadly there are no English translations of these stories. But if you like the character, don't worry, I'll definitely use it more in the future. I quite like how she ended up looking.

Enjoy it, and thanks for the support."

Jessica has changed, this is not Jessica, we want old Jessica.

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Yep.

Sadly imo the best games always gets very slow updates like 5 min of gameplay in 1 year...
I get you, but if you release the skip key then you'll be able to enjoy few hours of gaming there.
Alf-kidding though ;)

EDIT: I didn't want to be mean to any other game developper. That wasn't my intention. So Deleted. :)

Last edited:

kino4ka

Aug 6, 2018
I get you, but if you release the skip key then you'll be able to enjoy few hours of gaming there.
Alf-kidding though ;)

And to be franck the quality of renders are so top notch that you defenetlly cannot compare with other games as: DMD / Melody / BeingADik... where the renders are way more simpler to make.
Depends what u gonna do while playing those games.

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
Alf-kidding though ;)

And to be franck the quality of renders are so top notch that you defenetlly cannot compare with other games as: DMD / Melody / BeingADik... where the renders are way more simpler to make.
Beingadik has simple renders? Thats news to me considering how it has tons of different characters, settings and routes also every single update has parties which have alot of people in them, all that aside the amount of content from animation to renders is already incomparable to begin with and if you actually play the said game and don't come to the realization of how much Dr.Pinkcakes skills have been improving update after update then you're ignorant at best.

Last edited:

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
all that aside the amount of content from animation to renders is already incomparable to begin with and if you actually play the said game and don't come to the realization of how much Dr.Pinkcakes skills have been improving update after update then you're ignorant at best.
You are right about me been ignorant of what it takes to create this kind of game.
I've edited my post, so there is no more mean comparison that are unnecessary and could be consider as rude toward the game developper.

My bad.

Reactions: mma456

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Beingadik has simple renders?
Compare to JOHN, the short answer is: Yes.

Reason: The time DPC spends on setting up a render (light, character display, etc) and postworking a single render takes less time than it takes for Stoper.

Why? First of all DPC aims for quantity while Stoper aims for quality per update. Result: Each update of BaDIK has 3,000+ renders while JOHN barely has 400 renders.

Compare DPC's and Stoper's renders and you will see that many of DPC's renders are close-up shots (face) while Stoper use full-body renders.

The lightning in DPC's renders isn't the best either - even I as an amateur see it. Often his renders are oversaturated and too bright which has a bad impact on characters skin texture and makes them look like play-doh.

Rendering a group of people in a single environment isn't really a problem. Either you have a powerful GPU with a lot of VRAM (example RTX 3090) or you split the render into two or more separate images and then combine them via photoshop (you also can use the "cardboard" trick).

Conclusion:
Without doubt DPC is a hell of a working machine and produce nice looking renders and animations in a relative short amount of time in large quantities. But as shown above it is only possible by lowering the quality and using close-up shots. The right hardware with enough render power and VRAM allows to render bigger scene and/or to increase the amount of render due to fast rendering process.

However, if it comes to "simplicity" based on render quality then you can say DPC's renders are "simple".

naughtynafz

Creating "Aiden's Revenge"
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019

Reason: The time DPC spends on setting up a render (light, character display, etc) and postworking a single render takes less time than it takes for Stoper.

Why? First of all DPC aims for quantity while Stoper aims for quality per update. Result: Each update of BaDIK has 3,000+ renders while JOHN barely has 400 renders.

Compare DPC's and Stoper's renders and you will see that many of DPC's renders are close-up shots (face) while Stoper use full-body renders.

The lightning in DPC's renders isn't the best either - even I as an amateur see it. Often his renders are oversaturated and too bright which has a bad impact on characters skin texture and makes them look like play-doh.

Rendering a group of people in a single environment isn't really a problem. Either you have a powerful GPU with a lot of VRAM (example RTX 3090) or you split the render into two or more separate images and then combine them via photoshop (you also can use the "cardboard" trick).

Conclusion:
Without doubt DPC is a hell of a working machine and produce nice looking renders and animations in a relative short amount of time in large quantities. But as shown above it is only possible by lowering the quality and using close-up shots. The right hardware with enough render power and VRAM allows to render bigger scene and/or to increase the amount of render due to fast rendering process.

However, if it comes to "simplicity" based on render quality then you can say DPC's renders are "simple".
don't say anything against dpc please... i still can't forget his "Rena" model. :love: :love:

161330_14.jpg

mma456

Dec 2, 2018

Conclusion:

I don't think dpc aims for quantity over quality at all, he as a developer learns and teaches himself alot of things which he applies to his work as the update cycle goes further as he explains from his own update blogs. That doesn't automatically make it simple by any means, since he puts equal effort into what he make's and needs more experience. Compared to his first game and the first update for badik his recent one has improvements in all sectors especially animations. Regarding the badik close up shots you do realize that most of that is due to first person perspective and not loss in quality right? John has most of it's renders with full body and various characters since it's mainly 3rd person perspective, how hard is it to come to this conclusion?. He is a single guy who goes to great lengths to ensure that everything from render, animation, technological perspective to sound and beta testing matches the utmost quality that he can provide and satisfy his patrons so your assumption about him is pretty damn stupid.

Last edited:

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020

Conclusion:

And that's why I will enjoy BOTH of these two VN/games in different ways.
I like BaDIK but I love JOHN, for the quality in renders that you have just eloquently described.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes