4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

OgiWogi

Jun 4, 2019
Eva Kiss was the developer of Good Girl Gone Bad, which is quite a good game. She completed that game, and is now developing another game named Our Red String. I haven't played the new game, but I've heard that it's also pretty good.
ok thanks for the info but the red strings game looks like drawings,maybe i'm judging book by its covers but drawings doesn't look much interesting,again no disrespect to the dev or the poeple that play the game but i can't put that in the same basket as stoper,sorry

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
ok thanks for the info but the red strings game looks like drawings,maybe i'm judging book by its covers but drawings doesn't look much interesting,again no disrespect to the dev or the poeple that play the game but i can't put that in the same basket as stoper,sorry
Art is art, whether it's drawn by hand or created digitally with a rendering engine. But one of the nifty things about art is that we all have our preferences. Some of us like one thing, and some like another. So I don't think that there's anything disrespectful about you not liking the hand drawn stuff. You aren't required to share my tastes.

OgiWogi

Jun 4, 2019
Art is art, whether it's drawn by hand or created digitally with a rendering engine. But one of the nifty things about art is that we all have our preferences. Some of us like one thing, and some like another. So I don't think that there's anything disrespectful about you not liking the hand drawn stuff. You aren't required to share my tastes.
well said

OgiWogi

Jun 4, 2019
but her drawings are much more time consuming then rendering prefabricated 3d models from daz3d shop, right?
i don't think so,but the
n again i have no idea how rendering goes,but i know drawing doesn't take that much time,i could be wrong tho

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
but her drawings are much more time consuming then rendering prefabricated 3d models from daz3d shop, right?
Depends on the workload. Her first game Good Girl Gone Bad use static cardboard drawings as layers on front of real background pictures. Probably the cheapest and fastest way to produce content. In Our Red String she shows a massive improvement in her drawing skills, but still use the cheap cardboard trick to produce her images.

If you compare Our Red String with JOHN you will see that Stoper place the character into the environment not as layers. This, in combination with lights, gives the depth in renders. Characters, objects and other things don't seem to look out of space or out of focus.

Be it drawings or 3d, both have their advantages and disadvantages. Drawings are really popular in East-Asia (check Korean website webtoon or the adult version of it) where 3d is more popular in the West.

lg10

Nov 25, 2020
tbh...i was also initially not sure of 2d art visual novel genre, but it now one of my all time fav game. The only game where i felt we can be between good and bad without being the extreme end of both scenarios. Lots of different types of contents which you can play or not depending on ones interest. I would definitely recommend you to give it a try.

OgiWogi

Jun 4, 2019
tbh...i was also initially not sure of 2d art visual novel genre, but it now one of my all time fav game. The only game where i felt we can be between good and bad without being the extreme end of both scenarios. Lots of different types of contents which you can play or not depending on ones interest. I would definitely recommend you to give it a try.
thx maybe i will.i liked lust campus i think that was 2D but its kinda good so maybe i will try this one as well,thanks again :)

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
I was in the same state of mind until I started and finished GGGB. Now it's Lust Campus and ORS. I'm also addicted to them, waiting the next updated eagerly. :)

Reactions: Back and OgiWogi

OgiWogi

Jun 4, 2019
I was in the same state of mind until I started and finished GGGB. Now it's Lust Campus and ORS. I'm also addicted to them, waiting the next updated eagerly. :)
well i guess i'ma try the strings one since it gets good rewievs,but i'm still sceptical 'bout 2D i'll see maybe the story is damn good

Reactions: Tulrek

Back

Aug 3, 2017
To your knowledge, she don't drawing them by her hand, she only uses Photoshop and trace already existed real photos from web and then she coloring them, that's all.
Damn! That's even worse!
I wasn't going to jump in this ongoing conversation about Eva's latest game in a thread about Stoper's game, but what's said here is incorrect. Sure, Eva has done tracing and continues to do so using reference material found around the web, and some folks look down upon that fact. Eva doing tracing is no real secret and is one of the processes she uses to help speed development. Again, it's only one of her tools. She also creates original line work as well. And for her latest game, Our Red String, where she's trying to improve all aspects of the game compared to her previous game, Good Girl Gone Bad (aka GGGB), Eva has consulted and hired on other talented people on the art front. Off the top of my head, these include a colorist for the line art, an art studio to create backgrounds, a professional tattoo artist for unique designs, and even real life models. Heck, she's even friends with the developers over at Lust Campus that was mentioned earlier and assisted them in their project. So please, don't disparage how other artists and developers go about their projects. (I'm not saying the users that I've quoted from are doing that just to be clear.)

Stoper, on the other hand, has his own way of doing things and utilizes other kinds of digital tools and experience. He creates with the tools and software he knows (even recently confirming the use of Marvelous Designer that Arctus mentioned) and capitalize on the assets at his disposal. He approaches his art in an entirely different manner, and it's represented in his game with a visual style and aspect that is obviously unlike what Eva creates. Like Eva, no one should denigrate his methodology either for using what he has on-hand and his know-how. So it's unfair to compare the art from these two developers when their visual styles are so dissimilar.

In addition, both Stoper and Eva Kiss offers distinct kinds of play experiences from each other for players. Stoper has a fairly straight-forward visual novel type of approach to the story in his game; whereas, Eva has a much more sandboxy method with numerous, hidden conditional values to let the story of her game to unfold. The medium and procedures of each kind is neither better nor worse than the other. The visual styles and how the stories are told in each are simply different. They offer different things and are distinctly different flavors of visual novels. These two developers are well-known and brings with them their own kind of brand, but they both pursue in the creation of good games in Ren'Py that (hopefully) many people will enjoy. But their games are different. It's apples and oranges, guys.

I suggest that people should at least try the different flavors of the meals at hand before ragging on either without having firsthand experience of playing through each kind of game (and specifically with JOHN and ORS in this case). (Or y'know better yet, don't disparage either work.) Try it, and if folks don't like it, then they can always fall back to the other game that they've enjoyed more while respecting other people's opinions. Okay y'all, sorry that this ballooned into a wall of text. I just really wanted to express that these two developers and artists -- Stoper and Eva Kiss -- are both passionate and create their own kinds of games. Be awesome y'all and be safe. Cheers!

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Depends on the workload. Her first game Good Girl Gone Bad use static cardboard drawings as layers on front of real background pictures. Probably the cheapest and fastest way to produce content.
But you have to take into account the number of permutations she had to produce for each scene. She had to make variants of each scene for 2 different hair colors for the MC, 2 different breast sizes, 7 different configurations of piercings, I forget how many possible configurations of different tattoos, and multiple different outfits. And that's just the variations for the MC, herself. Then there are the variations for different scene partners, because some of the scenes allow for different people (1 version of the MC with Guy A, and a different version of the MC with Guy B), or even different numbers of people. And then there are also variations of some scenes in different locations.

So a single scene might have to be reproduced with 30 or more variations in the artwork. No wonder she decided to take the shortcut of layering the characters over background images.

Honestly, I think that the paperdoll system which Eva Kiss used in Good Girl Gone Bad was rather innovative, and a good choice for a game with that many possible branches to the story.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes