4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Or it would make you work harder on the update and not be lazy and take months to do a single months work ;)
sure why not.

I see no correlation between the speed of development and the money earned.

If the money goes down, the developers will think the game doesn't like it and will be abandoned as unprofitable.

if the money goes up, talk about milking.

The only thing money can make is that they can create a development team and have more people work on the same project.
But it's not easy to get others to do what you have in mind.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Or it would make you work harder on the update and not be lazy and take months to do a single months work ;)
Do you have any idea how long it takes to build a good quality game with good content?

You need to have tons of visual art, and plenty of coding and writing to go along with it and you need to put them all together like puzzle pieces in just the right spot.

It's not a fast process. It's complex and time consuming.

Hardware limitations slow down everyone's rendering. Rendering a single render after it is posed can take hours. Then often times it goes through a photo shopping process. Posing takes a bit of time as well. That's just a single render and you are talking hours of time, and that render is not yet coded or written in. Animations are even worse.

Additionally the world doesn't stop around game development. Most developers have other jobs that they must work to pay the bills. Not to mention real life relationships as well that take time, and unfortunately we all need to sleep at some point. There are only so many hours in a day.

stoper is a hard working dev, and a bit of a perfectionist. Love the game.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
sure why not.

I see no correlation between the speed of development and the money earned.

If the money goes down, the developers will think the game doesn't like it and will be abandoned as unprofitable.

if the money goes up, talk about milking.

The only thing money can make is that they can create a development team and have more people work on the same project.
But it's not easy to get others to do what you have in mind.
Getting a competent team mate in development is a great way to improve development rate. That could be hard to find someone that you trust and they have the same motivation as you.

Another great way is hardware upgrades. That can cut time off of the rendering process.

Tennoujirex

Dec 26, 2021
"Hey boss you know that car we spent 6 months working on?"

"Yea, what about it?"

"How about we only charge them for 1 of our 6 months of labor? That way we make less money!"

"How about we get paid for all the months we worked on it. If we stop working we pause payment instead?"

"Oh... Yea I forgot about that... Thanks boss."
That's such a nonsensical analogy to get your point across, you could've just said that Patreon is donation based and not a business where you get something whenever you pay for it.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Getting a competent team mate in development is a great way to improve development rate. That could be hard to find someone that you trust and they have the same motivation as you.

Another great way is hardware upgrades. That can cut time off of the rendering process.
if I am not mistaken, I will do the renders while creating the scenes, except for the animations that take days (but in the meantime work on the plot) another person would be enough to help create the scenes, but it's not easy. it should all have the same character sets, environments and clothing that stoper uses. and be physically with him to see the work together.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
That's such a nonsensical analogy to get your point across, you could've just said that Patreon is donation based and not a business where you get something whenever you pay for it.
Fair enough you got a point, the thing is a lot of developers would entirely be capable of releasing their games once a month. Some people want that, and a few devs actually do that. If most devs really wanted to do it that way it could be done. Rigid 30 day releases across the board on every game!

You know what would happen if that was the norm in adult gaming and all developers had that standard?

Tiny baby updates... Less overall content. The time to upload takes time. The time to stop and put it all together takes times. The time spent dealing with players takes time. Usually you do that for a few days after a release.

The players would also then have to make more frequent big downloads. Say the game goes up from 3GB to 3.3 GB over the month. That's another big download that month. Then the 3.6 the next month, and the 3.9 the following and so on. More overall downloaded content with less overall content.

Then people would start complaining... "There was only like 5 or 10 minutes of new content!"

Another thing something like that leads to is incomplete scenes, and less time for testing so more errors. Say you want to add a couple of days for testing before a release to try to get all the bugs.

On top of that it messes up patreon benefits a bit. Suppose you get something after X days then next tier gets it after X days and so on. With shorter release frames it makes the benefits smaller.

Plus it would definitely increase the workload of all the uploaders and mods adding games if every dev releases every month. Imagine 100+ games coming out on a single day... How would they even handle that? Then tomorrow is 100+ too... and so on. Total flood of games with micro updates.

Then devs would start whining, "My game was only on latest updates for 3 hours... wtf?"

Things are the way they are for a reason. Logistics!

143 others

Dec 1, 2020
Fair enough you got a point, the thing is a lot of developers would entirely be capable of releasing their games once a month. Some people want that, and a few devs actually do that. If most devs really wanted to do it that way it could be done. Rigid 30 day releases across the board on every game!

You know what would happen if that was the norm in adult gaming and all developers had that standard?

Tiny baby updates... Less overall content. The time to upload takes time. The time to stop and put it all together takes times. The time spent dealing with players takes time. Usually you do that for a few days after a release.

The players would also then have to make more frequent big downloads. Say the game goes up from 3GB to 3.3 GB over the month. That's another big download that month. Then the 3.6 the next month, and the 3.9 the following and so on. More overall downloaded content with less overall content.

Then people would start complaining... "There was only like 5 or 10 minutes of new content!"

Another thing something like that leads to is incomplete scenes, and less time for testing so more errors. Say you want to add a couple of days for testing before a release to try to get all the bugs.

On top of that it messes up patreon benefits a bit. Suppose you get something after X days then next tier gets it after X days and so on. With shorter release frames it makes the benefits smaller.

Plus it would definitely increase the workload of all the uploaders and mods adding games if every dev releases every month. Imagine 100+ games coming out on a single day... How would they even handle that? Then tomorrow is 100+ too... and so on. Total flood of games with micro updates.

Then devs would start whining, "My game was only on latest updates for 3 hours... wtf?"

Things are the way they are for a reason. Logistics!
As If His updates are huge and not 10-15 mins long
Tf

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019

Then PaleGrass is a monster of skill! Ok he doesn't do animations, but high quality renderings, maybe better than Stoper with the Lisa game, he does a release every 2/3 months with at most a one week delay including 600/800 CG.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

With the money made from the first release they could put out a decent video SK, but I think it's about the same as the one Stoper has which by the way had found as an excuse to delay the release to be broken.

No here in my opinion there are no excuses that hold! It's the commitment one can take or would have liked to take that is lacking, if you're in love with your game you'll do anything to keep going.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Then PaleGrass is a monster of skill! Ok he doesn't do animations, but high quality renderings, maybe better than Stoper with the Lisa game, he does a release every 2/3 months with at most a one week delay including 600/800 CG.

With the money made from the first release they could put out a decent video SK, but I think it's about the same as the one Stoper has which by the way had found as an excuse to delay the release to be broken.

No here in my opinion there are no excuses that hold! It's the commitment one can take or would have liked to take that is lacking, if you're in love with your game you'll do anything to keep going.
Never heard of that game I'm gonna check it out it looks nice from the render you showed. Different developers have different production rates. Same is true of production quality. You are always going to have that. It would be great if stoper made things faster, but nobody supports him based on rapid updates as he has never done rapid updates... It is the high quality of his updates that draw the numbers for him not how fast he is making things.

AceMan07

Sep 29, 2021
Do you have any idea how long it takes to build a good quality game with good content?

You need to have tons of visual art, and plenty of coding and writing to go along with it and you need to put them all together like puzzle pieces in just the right spot.

It's not a fast process. It's complex and time consuming.

Hardware limitations slow down everyone's rendering. Rendering a single render after it is posed can take hours. Then often times it goes through a photo shopping process. Posing takes a bit of time as well. That's just a single render and you are talking hours of time, and that render is not yet coded or written in. Animations are even worse.

Additionally the world doesn't stop around game development. Most developers have other jobs that they must work to pay the bills. Not to mention real life relationships as well that take time, and unfortunately we all need to sleep at some point. There are only so many hours in a day.

stoper is a hard working dev, and a bit of a perfectionist. Love the game.
You know nothing bozo look at his update patterns it has declined people doesn't care about quality much as long as there is good content an regular updates if people are paying you must do your job properly too instead of making up excuses every single time so stop defending

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
Never heard of that game I'm gonna check it out it looks nice from the render you showed. Different developers have different production rates. Same is true of production quality. You are always going to have that. It would be great if stoper made things faster, but nobody supports him based on rapid updates as he has never done rapid updates... It is the high quality of his updates that draw the numbers for him not how fast he is making things.
I guess many people don't know it and it comes out in RPG although there is a very faithful unofficial version in Ren'Py, it came out last year in July we are at the 3rd release released at the beginning of December and for February there will be the fourth, as weight has gone from 1.7 GB to 4.2 GB now thought to switch the png images that weigh too much.

I think he is more deserving to have my support than Stoper in his time.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020

Completely agree I love the Lisa game, the characters are very deep and real there is tons of content that doesn't feel long or boring at all. This is one of the devs I am considering supporting financially, certainly over Stoper.

umby

May 27, 2017

the contents must correspond to the expectation, otherwise we must be satisfied, however no one comes to tell the tales of how the wait is justified by the quality because it is not like that at all.

Reactions: Geko1711

Sombramain22

Jul 10, 2021
You know nothing bozo look at his update patterns it has declined people doesn't care about quality much as long as there is good content an regular updates if people are paying you must do your job properly too instead of making up excuses every single time so stop defending
love the arm cheer devs never mind anything in there life in think game makeing is easy and crying on a priate site lol

Reactions: gzrtjhgtyhjljk
4.10 star(s) 186 Votes