4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Idk you guys. I never tried "Lisa", because the ominous Skeletor grin of all the characters in the preview pics is kind of a turnoff. Is this really supposed to be comparable to JOHN?
Just downloaded the renpy remake, giving it a shot. The writing looks promising so far (5mins in). I'm really having a hard time playing through VN's with scuffed English, and so far I don't feel like scratching my eyes out, which is a good sign I guess. The render quality is not on JOHN level, atleast not in the first few renders. But I'm guessing it'll get better the further you progress through the story as it apparently is his first project. Doesn't mean the renders are bad, not at all, but you can clearly see the difference. Anyway, if the story is enjoyable, I really don't mind slightly lower render quality.

gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019
Just downloaded the renpy remake, giving it a shot. The writing looks promising so far (5mins in). I'm really having a hard time playing through VN's with scuffed English, and so far I don't feel like scratching my eyes out, which is a good sign I guess. The render quality is not on JOHN level, atleast not in the first few renders. But I'm guessing it'll get better the further you progress through the story as it apparently is his first project. Doesn't mean the renders are bad, not at all, but you can clearly see the difference. Anyway, if the story is enjoyable, I really don't mind slightly lower render quality.
Yea but for me its not all about the quality of the pics. I know everyone has a preference as do i and i can understand that but With the Lisa game so far in just a few updates not even being out for a total year and yet has more to it this has in 4 years now. I fear at this rate especially with him in a rut he may abandon it down the road before really even gets anywhere.

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
People always tend to forget that in the beginning just like every other dev stoper and all other always say and DID say, OH! once i reach a certain goal updates will be faster and better...
I've never said such a thing. I've never had financial goals on my Patreon, I've never promised anything related to financial support.

FightmeLaiLai

Aug 2, 2019
We know patreon earnings are not a motivator factor, he is also not answerable to anyone and to a somewhat degree perhaps not even to his current patreons. He is of course genuinely thankful for their continued support to allow him to have a free reign in his creative space and muse.

While the quality is still there in terms of aesthetics, writing and sexual build up, He did admit the quantity of game content had dropped as well which combine with the constant massive delays have brought up to this current stage.

I have no doubt once the update is here, there will be more constructive / toxic posts about how little game time there was and not worth it up for 6-7 months wait.

But if we can move all past the noise, I am just curious if stopper is really aware of why it has come to this stage and is able to really step up to the challenge and make a difference in 2023. I know most people here do not believe but really, only stopper has the answer, to reflect on the past and whether he truly wants to make a difference and perhaps be a bit more accountable to his patreons who believe in him.

Sep 15, 2020
Do you have any idea how long it takes to build a good quality game with good content?

You need to have tons of visual art, and plenty of coding and writing to go along with it and you need to put them all together like puzzle pieces in just the right spot.

It's not a fast process. It's complex and time consuming.

Hardware limitations slow down everyone's rendering. Rendering a single render after it is posed can take hours. Then often times it goes through a photo shopping process. Posing takes a bit of time as well. That's just a single render and you are talking hours of time, and that render is not yet coded or written in. Animations are even worse.

Additionally the world doesn't stop around game development. Most developers have other jobs that they must work to pay the bills. Not to mention real life relationships as well that take time, and unfortunately we all need to sleep at some point. There are only so many hours in a day.

stoper is a hard working dev, and a bit of a perfectionist. Love the game.
Asslicker spotted. I go away

kch

Dec 19, 2017
First, sorry for my English, but again I want to speak my opinions.

Let's make this clear :
Stoper is talented and JOHN is for me the best game on this site.
I just play it for free so I dont care even if he need 1 year to release an update.

Now what I want to say is : I dont know Stoper as person but from this Thread I think Stoper is a Liar, one who can not keep his words. This is core problem for all the rants I guess.
It's ok to miss the release 2-3 time or once in awhile but he did this several times already, not just this update but also the one before.
All of his reasons for delay maybe true but in the end of the day, he spilled out the release date and then tossed it to the trash.

So why he keep doing that ? why not just stay silent and release an update when it done ? I think he want to please his supporter and deep down he still want their money. And for some reason people still support him despite being lied right to their face so many time, I dont have that kind of money to understand.

Reactions: gilgamesh9

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
First, sorry for my English, but again I want to speak my opinions.

Let's make this clear :
Stoper is talented and JOHN is for me the best game on this site.
I just play it for free so I dont care even if he need 1 year to release an update.

Now what I want to say is : I dont know Stoper as person but from this Thread I think Stoper is a Liar, one who can not keep his words. This is core problem for all the rants I guess.
It's ok to miss the release 2-3 time or once in awhile but he did this several times already, not just this update but also the one before.
All of his reasons for delay maybe true but in the end of the day, he spilled out the release date and then tossed it to the trash.

So why he keep doing that ? why not just stay silent and release an update when it done ? I think he want to please his supporter and deep down he still want their money. And for some reason people still support him despite being lied right to their face so many time, I dont have that kind of money to understand.
I think stoper is very honest actually. Don't meeting a deadline isn't properly lying, 'cause his intention is accomplish it in reality.

Enyo, False Hero's dev, tried to not give deadlines and the result was worse, slower. He himself said that putting deadlines is better even if he doesn't meet them, at least, he has a goal in mind.

Enyo is as slow as stoper, even when he doesn't make animations, although he is the best in terms of lighting, in my opinion.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

nunzio2016

May 12, 2020
If you’re getting the game for free, you’re not really in a position to bitch and moan about deadlines.
On the other hand, if you’re paying, you have a right to be upset about lapsed deadlines.
That’s simply my opinion. No matter the timeline, this is really a great game. Less hate more love.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes