4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
and this is so wrong. steam and being a dick showed me that such games exist. after googling this page i became a patreon. this page encourages patreons
sure they get supporters via f95 and other pirate sites too but still pirated version is pirated version.

E_O_N

Creator of Winter Warmth & Karma
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2021
and this is so wrong. steam and being a dick showed me that such games exist. after googling this page i became a patreon. this page encourages patreons
You are one of the few that do, thanks for that. But it s probably around 0.01% here, if not less.

This is from Eva Kiss another dev who hit a "creative wall"...

" I've been thinking about it for a while and I've decided that starting February I will put all charges on my page on hold. I feel I'm not giving you enough value for your money at this moment and it doesn't sit right with me."

Myeah talking about being fair to your patreons...

Dude GTFO with this bs...
Kidos to her. But there is a difference between working and not being able to make progress and not working.
But yes, I also think it s a class act. Take a look at ICSTOR to compare.

But isn t what she is doing not something praise worthy and extra, instead of expected?

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
You said you come here for feedback, constructive criticism and whatnot, but what is the point if you're not willing to adjust on anything you do?
Oh yeah, there is so much constructive criticism and ideas here. I'm simply overwhelmed by it.
But I'm sure you'll be kind enough to summarize these great ideas that I'm so carelessly ignoring.

Dude GTFO with this bs...
BS? What part of that is BS?

E_O_N

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2021
icstor and few others are on own class, earn lots of money w/o doing anything.
Maybe he is just laundering money for the mafia? I mean either that, or he got the most special supporters.

Yeah you right normally this should be expected but we all can see how "expected" is from almost all of the devs around here which pretty much don't release shit for months but they still cash in that good patreon money...
You misunderstood me. Of course there is a limit to things, with icstor as example we have arrived at shameless. But StoperArt does some of the most amazing renders I have seen - that takes time. If he is working and not making progress then that happens in my view.
I would not yet expect him to halt payment, but do exactly what he did. Be transparent, encourage individual choices and offer patrons for january all the promised content, even if it s later.

If he is cashing another year without that update, that would be another story. So we don t really disagree, I just think for now he approached the issue well.

trixiel

Aug 23, 2019
Stoper art if you are not gonna release the update with no straight cheating path then don't release it. We already waited so long for that event that there is no point to not include it in the update. If you are gonna take another month for that then so be it. Just include it in the update. Most of your fans are waiting for that.

alex21andr

Apr 26, 2017
Stopper makes a wonderful project, one of the few that you can be proud of, but if it's just a hobby, then I understand it perfectly when the muse disappears. perhaps this is not the main activity of the developer, then why not consider the possibility of growing towards your own studio to develop and support such projects, monetize, for example, through Steam, as Lop Gold and other platforms do, which can significantly increase productivity by attracting talented people, which will help to keep the muse under strict guidance.
I use an online translator, so please do not judge strictly)

Jan 3, 2019
When there is no mood to do something besides the main job (if there is one), then you need to report it, but no one will say that, because the outflow of patrons will quickly begin. Previously, the developer made quick updates and with a normal amount of content. Now, there were some excuses, an incomprehensible delay with the addition of plot sex scenes of Jessica and other men. Every update has sex with her boyfriend, it's kind of designed to show that there is sex in the game, and therefore people, according to the developer, will not demand anything else. Strange behavior. And more and more developers are hitting on such ridiculous excuses, and then (if you're lucky) after 6-8 months, 80 pictures come out and that's it.

Reactions: BorgiaBou

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Oh yeah, there is so much constructive criticism and ideas here. I'm simply overwhelmed by it.
But I'm sure you'll be kind enough to summarize these great ideas that I'm so carelessly ignoring.
I can give you some feedback
- Kill Connor or send him to fight in Ukraine
- Not every scene must revolve around Jessica
- You can make scenes with the other women and dudes
- People voted for the ugly bastards route. What are you waiting for?
- You aren't writing Othello, don't overthink the writing too much

Last edited:

E_O_N

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2021
When there is no mood to do something besides the main job (if there is one), then you need to report it, but no one will say that, because the outflow of patrons will quickly begin.
From todays patron update post.

„Though month, to be honest. Currently working about 45 hours a week on my main job, plus …“

Why does the assumption exist that every dev doesn t consider their patrons and just their money?

Isn t the whole relationship between the two of them built on being grateful and a common goal?
Patron is grateful for a project, wants to be part of that developement.
Dev is grateful for the support, wants to steer that developement into something good for both of them.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I understand that creative work can be difficult. Sometimes you have it, and sometimes you don't. However, I think you're making your issues worse than they need to be or should be.

You've said you don't plan ahead much. To me, that isn't a good idea. Artists, writers and other creative workers plan ahead. If they don't, they'll end up going down the creative rabbit hole and never come out or end up going in circles and burnout.

They don't go in blind and make it up as they go along. But that doesn't mean they need to plan every detail in advance either. Just have an idea of what you're gonna be doing. A general outline. A list of ideas and concepts. A flowchart. Something to keep you on track. And none of this means you have to stick to it 100% either. It's just to help you out.

And even those people will eventually get writers block or hit that creative wall. But unlike those that do not plan, they'll have some ladders and rope to help get them over it. Heck, if they've planned enough or have a good guideline. They may look around a little and find a nice door right in the middle of that wall. So they just walk right through as if that wall didn't even exist.

Bubaa

Oct 6, 2017

BS? What part of that is BS?
I'm really impressed with your patience. And please don't take to your heart all this whinning.
Do your work at your pace, it needs to bring you satisfaction.
I keep my fingers crossed, that you will not let them discourage you to complete this story.
Good luck.

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes