4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
I don’t know what the developer was doing there these 6 months, the content will be many times less than in previous updates by 20-30 percent. I don't understand why he even started making statements about faster development in 2-3 months, as he said "a more reasonable option", when in the end the update was originally supposed to be released in November.
Wonder what he did between August (after last update release) and November when he said he would focus on JOHN and try to release the next update in 2-3 months... probably not much.

He also said again recently on discord that 2-3 months was reasonable for an update but never promise anything... so read he will take his time and lazy around.
he said 2-3 months is a reasonable time for an update, not that he would do it in 2-3 months.

you misunderstood his thinking. on discord I suggested he not say these things, as users would not understand, and they did. users did not understand

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
I have no problem with the development cicle because it was never fast. What I don't understand is the planned content.
If more than 50% of players voted for corruption and cheating why is Connor and the lesbian getting more scenes?
as previously stated, it was not a poll that influenced the game.
it was pure stoper curiosity

Reactions: Ragnar7k

umby

May 27, 2017
View attachment 1623402

Hi, everyone.

January was a good month, the work has been going very well. Not fast enough to recover the lost time at the end of last year, but still a pretty good pace with results that I'm rather happy with. The bad news is that I scrapped the cheating branch on the last scene of the update. It wasn't working, and I decided instead of trying to fix it, I'd rather just remove it and put something else on its place. So in the next days I'll release a BETA version of the update, that will not contain the cheating branch during the last scene. I will add that one later. This means that sadly the update will have very little content on the straight cheating path (Jessica cheating with men). I usually try to have something for every playthrough style, but this time it didn't work out. Basically there will be lesbian and faithful content in the update, but next to no straight cheating events. I'm trying to be vague, because I don't like spoiling things, but I thought you should know it in this case.

I have just several more images to finish for the BETA, as well as some final writing and editing with Amanda. Then I'll have to put it all in RenPy and it's ready (well, BETA ready).

As always I'll send the update with messages to all patrons from January (and those from December), as soon as their respective tiers get it. So if you don't want to support me next month, you can cancel your pledge without worrying that you won't get the update.

All in all, it's a good start of the new year. Here's hoping it continues throughout 2022.

Stay safe, and thanks for the support.

---------
normally the progress of the production is communicated, here instead it is communicated what the game will not have. I appreciate providing the game to supporters from previous months, however lesbian content can also go to that country as the game is full of it up to its neck. What was most awaited has decided not to include it, happy for him.

Reactions: defd©™

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I didn't misunderstand. If he was hard working on it, he could meet this goal of 2-3 months. If it's possible and he doesn't do it, then he doesn't really want it and prefer to lazy around or doing side things.
Or maybe a creative work is not like working on an assembly line, and sometimes it doesn't flow as smoothly as one wants. Just a guess.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Or maybe a creative work is not like working on an assembly line, and sometimes it doesn't flow as smoothly as one wants. Just a guess.
Sure I can understand. But between 3 months and 7 months, there is a huge gap, more than double the time. I know you were open to say you were unproductive for a period of time but it's really disappointing you couldn't focus on your work like you said you would at the start of the update's development. And it means you don't have a good plan for the game and are creating on the fly

E_O_N

Creator of Winter Warmth & Karma
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2021
It is sad, I was getting ready to be a patreon for a couple of devs because of their games but the trend is making me rethink and wait until more of the game comes out. Not all the devs of the games I like are doing this but you are right, and if people by the hundreds continue to give to this do nothing dev then he has ZERO reason to change his behavior AND other devs will think they can get away with it too.
Edit: didn't realize StoperArt was active on this forum. He can obviously speak for himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHUUKK

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Or maybe it is. Hundreds of examples exist. From TV series to webcomics. There are hundreds of hard creative workers out there who do exactly that. From scripts to songwriting and fashion design.
And there are hundreds of examples where it isn't. And even that is irrelevant, what matters is that it's happening to me. If it bothers you that much, just move on. Plenty of other games from hard creative working people out there who pump up content from an assembly line.

Sure I can understand. But between 3 months and 7 months, there is a huge gap, more than double the time. I know you were open to say you were unproductive for a period of time but it's really disappointing you couldn't focus on your work like you said you would at the start of the update's development. And it means you don't have a good plan for the game and are creating on the fly
It's even more disappointing for me.

Taking this conversation in a more proactive direction; what is your plan to avoid something like this from happening again? What changes, from planning to communication, are you going to make to ensure that development goes smoother and, if it doesn't, you're more transparent in your communication with patrons?
I'll stop giving any release dates. I said I'll do it before, but people keep asking and I was trying to be optimistic. But it doesn't work. I'll make a scene counter or something. Like I've said before it doesn't really mean much, but it will show the progress I'm making during the development, even without an indicated end point. And as far as the creative aspect is concerned, there's nothing I can do to change that. When things don't click they don't click. I'll just make sure I'm more transparent about it, if it happens again.

Last edited:

pcaf

Dec 3, 2019
Don't mean to be an asshole here but as someone working in the creative industry myself, I gotta say I disagree with this thinking.

Being less productive some days at work is normal. It happens in every line of work. But when you're paid to do something there has to be a better balance where you approach your work more professionally and try and get something done in a more timely manner albeit having to sacrifice a little bit of the quality sometimes. Not even the great masters of Renaissance can just tell the pope to f off because they "feel unproductive".

Perfection is an ever elusive concept and sometimes it is the greatest enemy to an artist.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
And there are hundreds of examples where it isn't. And even that is irrelevant, what matters is that it's happening to me. If it bothers you that much, just move on. Plenty of other games from hard creative working people out there who pump up content from an assembly line.

It's even more disappointing for me.

I'll stop giving any release dates. I said I'll do it before, but people keep asking and I was trying to be optimistic. But it doesn't work. I'll make a scene counter or something. Like I've said before it doesn't really mean much, but it will show the progress I'm making during the development, even without an indicated end point. And as far as the creative aspect is concerned, there's nothing I can do to change that. When things don't click they don't click. I'll just make sure I'm more transparent about it, if it happens again.
I think its wise to stop giving any release dates and I agree with you that if people don't like the wait that they should move on. I never had a problem with the wait per say it was more the hope that when a release date was annouced that it would happen if not right at that date then at least near it.

There are plenty of other games on this site where the dev takes a really long time, longer then yourself in some cases and people just kind of forget about the game until there is a new release and I think that is the best case for games in general.

I have been very critical and I won't apologize however I still think your game is one of the best and I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Dude, I couldn't care less how much content you pump out every month or year and so do your supporters. You know this too well and that's why your talk of being unproductive for whatever excuse you come up doesn't earn you any sympathy from me. People with more integrity than you would and have stopped their billing process in the past.
I simply can't stand dishonest people and I know for sure that you are one of them as you have proven many times.
I am not a kiss ass for this dev as I have been very critical myself but I think the time has come for people who keep raging at this dev to stop. We have all said what we had to say and keeping this stuff going doesn't solve anything. Either move on and find other things to do or wait until there is another update. I for one after this post will be silent until there is another update.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
I'll make a scene counter or something. Like I've said before it doesn't really mean much, but it will show the progress I'm making during the development, even without an indicated end point.
I am a strong supporter of this thing, and I have said it several times.
it certainly won't be reliable, but at least it will give users a general idea of progress. I always stop asking: when does it come out.

Reactions: Bishop Robert

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Dude, I couldn't care less how much content you pump out every month or year and so do your supporters. You know this too well and that's why your talk of being unproductive for whatever excuse you come up doesn't earn you any sympathy from me. People with more integrity than you would and have stopped their billing process in the past.
I simply can't stand dishonest people and I know for sure that you are one of them as you have proven many times.
I've never asked for your sympathy, not even close. The support on patreon is voluntary, with very little actual benefits. And everyone can decide if they want to pause, cancel or even ask for a refund of their pledge.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
It was discussed some 2 years ago. Can't remember anyone spotting the purse though. Thing is, now we know who's purse that is. So kudos for that :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The person who discovered this is very smart, he observed this part of the game very well but for me it's not Jessica Only if she has a twin sister and I don't know why in that part She just came in to talk to Mr. Birch the girl who is under the table is Rosa
If you take a good look, she has the same bag it's the same thing with the high heels in the part where she is Jessica goes to lunch at the cafeteria you see the bag with her it's in the office too After I saw this scene I played it again to see it properly this scene and I believe it's really Rosa.... look at her bag next to Jessica But this could be a spoiler of what you can see in future updates with Ó Mr.Birch and Jessica

Bullx

Jul 2, 2020
The person who discovered this is very smart, he observed this part of the game very well but for me it's not Jessica Only if she has a twin sister and I don't know why in that part She just came in to talk to Mr. Birch the girl who is under the table is Rosa
If you take a good look, she has the same bag it's the same thing with the high heels in the part where she is Jessica goes to lunch at the cafeteria you see the bag with her it's in the office too After I saw this scene I played it again to see it properly this scene and I believe it's really Rosa.... look at her bag next to Jessica But this could be a spoiler of what you can see in future updates with Ó Mr.Birch and Jessica

it's not rosa. rosa wears black pants and black shoes that day. It's the CFO Barbara

Screenshot2.jpg

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 186 Votes