Br@ndy

Modder
Nov 28, 2020
Unofficial Android Port for :

Jessica O'Neil's Hard News [v0.5 Beta] + Scrappy's Gallery Mod

Download Apk: ,

Download Apk+Obb: ,

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

if you liked my work, support on Patreon.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
I was also very pissed off when i first finished it, then cooled off after some time and realized that this is not the end of the world :KEK: I guess thats why they locked the thread for one or two days, to let people cool down :KEK:

We cant expect to have a perfect story with each update it seems. stoper surely delivered us an amazing vn that had everything a female protag conneisseur like me wants (except fcking part). Gotta be patient and hope for better in future.

I dont know what might be the main reason behind low amount of renders but we seen new places like factory and uhh maybe stoper had irl businesses to take care of in the meantime. In everyday work life we all not do our best isnt that right? The more time passes with projects like these, the more convoluted the code becomes, im working in a R&D firm, kinda know how it works. We all see how messy it becomes in other games for instance. I cant remember getting Renpy errors in this game no matter which update, maybe thats the reason of slow development, same goes for AWAM. Like when you come back from version 0.35 save and dont get any error at version 0.5, that means dev worked hard on the code to make it happen, things like this is what other people cant see. Thanks for listening to my mindless blabbering :FacePalm:
Uts the first update from Stoper that left me feeling "meh". Until now the development speed may have been slow but the scenes we got were worth it, in my personal opinion. Others may have different opinion and that's fine.

I liked the scenes added between Jess and Ben after the previous orgasm. It was some nice kissing scenes that well represented the growing closeness between the two.

The scene between Jess and the viglante was all right and continued the buildup over the last few episodes.

Blake has always been cute and I liked the start of the scene between Jess and Blake in the club toilet. I was nt expecting Blake's revelation - that did make sense as to why Jess acted more submissive with Heather and more assertive with Blake. It was nice to see Jess's gworing confidence in her lesbian side. Given Blake's revelation it was more han understandable that Jess would want to wait for the proper place.

So Jess looked as hot as ever, and I liked what scenes we did get. And I would have been more understanding if this had been a short update. But given the length of the update in real time, it would have been nice if we had got more.

I hope Stoper has nt lost his motivation in producing JOHN. Some of his posts and comments pre this release did have some warning signs that could be happening. If so, I hope he recovers his mojo soon. Stoper does nt owe me anything. I will just have to find other games/ VN to play in the meantime. I doubt I will be awaiting the next JOHN update as enthusiastically as previous updates, which is a shame as the story should be rampig up to a cresecendo.

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
OK enough of this complaining about the short update.

You guys are making it out that writing adult games is the same as another job. No it's fucking not! Most of these devs have a fulltime job and then spend almost all their free time developing these kinda games. Most people work other jobs from 9-5 and can then relax at home with their wife and kids. People are expecting constant updates no matter if its Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving etc. etc. Dev burnout is real, that's why there are such a lot of abandoned projects.

90% of these devs are not raking in the money and are just keeping on plugging at the game with some small incentive from Patreon. One should be thankful (If you are a Pirate) the the dev is still working on the project. Better small updates, then no updates. If you are supporting the dev financially, by all means pull your support.

PS this was not aimed at you specifically. I initially did not want to say anything, but your post was the last one in a barrage of posts about how bad the dev is and how it's just the same as any other 9-5 job and how unprofessional he is. It's all BS. It's not easy, the money is not a sure thing and it sure as hell is not as easy as a 9-5 job. When fans began to turn on the dev, well then maybe the writing is on the wall.

So my take on it:
Was it a short update: Yes
Was I disappointed: Slightly, not the end of the world.
Am I glad the dev is still working on the project: Hell Yes!!
Where have I complained?
Where have I said the dev was bad, or unprofessional?
I haven't said anything remotely bad about the dev at all.
So go unfuck yourself and try actually reading my posts, before posting a shit rant like that one.

Ps. I'll say whatever I want, as long as it doesn't break the rules. Okay?

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Where have I complained?
Where have I said the dev was bad, or unprofessional?
I haven't said anything remotely bad about the dev at all.
So go unfuck yourself and try actually reading my posts, before posting a shit rant like that one.

Ps. I'll say whatever I want, as long as it doesn't break the rules. Okay?
People do all kinds of difficult, stressful, maybe even dangerous jobs every day of their working lives and they don't have the luxury of being able to 'burn-out', or take an extended holiday, like these game devs.
Personally, I think this whole burn-out thing is just a nicely convenient way of saying they don't want to make a game, anymore.
You implied, that dev burn out is not real. Well constantly working after hours on a game is not the same as a normal "difficult, stressful, maybe even dangerous jobs" and if you do not take a break , you burn out... simples.

P.S. Try reading my post, I neve said you could not.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I decided that the best move for me was to skip this update. After all of my criticism in the weeks and months leading up to its release, I didn't think it was right for me to jump right in and play the game. There's literally nothing this update could have done that would have made the 6 month gap worth the wait for me. It looks like there's some sexy content, but after watching all of the criticisms, the deleted posts, and defensiveness from Stoper, this just hasn't felt like an inviting thread.

With that said, I would take this conversation in a different direction. This update is behind us, and I don't think there's any saving it. In my opinion, even the cheating-route won't be enough to change the general outlook of this update. If Stoper is still reading this thread, and if he's listening for anyone's opinion, I would suggest that he either:

1. Drop the cheating route entirely, and move on
or
2. If the cheating route is essential, pull it together quickly and put a bow on this update.

In my opinion, this update has done fundamental damage to Stoper's reputation, but he can recover from it. The first step is putting this update behind him and changing the conversation. Right now, at least here, the conversation is dominated by this update and the bungled communication over the previous 6 months. I wouldn't waste one more second on this update because it just keeps the conversation rooted in negativity. Even if the cheating route turns out to be awesome, there's almost no chance it will be worth a 7+ month wait. It's almost a no-win situation for Stoper.

Instead, if it were me, I would come out with an aggressive communication strategy in order to change the conversation. I'd start with a detailed mea culpa, fall on my sword, and discuss the next full update. Obviously this won't be accomplished all at once, and it will take a lot of work, but I think most people will respect the honesty of a mea culpa. The next step is the hardest because the next update is extremely important, and it cannot be late. I'd set an end of June release schedule, and come hell or high water it has to make that deadline. I think it's vital to show patrons and fans that a good/full update can be completed in five months. He needs to show that this was a one-off event, and that it won't happen again.

If he does that, I think that most of the people who are upset will cut him some slack. But right now the onus is on him because it's hard to deny that this game looks like it's fizzling out.

Last edited:

headkn0cker

Sep 8, 2017
Anyone besides me having issues downloading from Workupload? The download begins, but at random points in the download the process restarts. Usually after 4-7 times of this the process terminates with an "incomplete file" error.

4.10 star(s) 185 Votes