4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

VulgarJoys

Nov 6, 2018
Are I wrote about it at the first release of these zombies. And the fact that it's a waste of time, I think very few people this Supplement generally interesting. But the author has ignored this. And Yes, I'm lost what day of the week is in the game... :(

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
By all means, let's tell @stoper how to spend his time. He shouldn't be working on the project he wants to use as a fun stress relief. He should be working on JOHN 24/7! :rolleyes:
I couldn't agree more, and you know what - he should be spending less time eating meals - less food consumed means less time pooping so that's even more JOHN development time he's freeing up. *poop emoji*
I think that you two are missing the point here on what i meant, but whateva...

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
I think that you two are missing the point here on what i meant, but whateva...
No, I get it - you're not wrong.
Mathematically, the less time he spends on other things the more time he has to crunch the next update.

The point Goobdoob was making (that I unnecessarily reiterated) was that it is unreasonable for us to expect that Stoper arrange his priorities based on our wants, particularly when we aren't contributing very much (at all) to his work.
I am sorry for being a dick about it.

You are also right that this most recent update went out incomplete, and is only being released in its complete state a week late. Other Dev's (who don't need to be named here) have been "Just a few days late" with their own game releases, some of them don't see criticism for those delays - reinforcing an attitude that increasing delays of future updates are okay.

I don't personally think this will happen with this Dev, he's been professional, and polite to the people on this thread (despite the fact that we're pirating his game) and he did go to the trouble of packing and publishing what he had into the 0.15 in time for his usual release date.

In this situation all I really feel entitled to do is hope that Stoper's paying patrons hold him to account if and/or when he fails to meet goals and standards in the future.

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
No, I get it - you're not wrong.
Mathematically, the less time he spends on other things the more time he has to crunch the next update.

The point Goobdoob was making (that I unnecessarily reiterated) was that it is unreasonable for us to expect that Stoper arrange his priorities based on our wants, particularly when we aren't contributing very much (at all) to his work.
I am sorry for being a dick about it.

You are also right that this most recent update went out incomplete, and is only being released in its complete state a week late. Other Dev's (who don't need to be named here) have been "Just a few days late" with their own game releases, some of them don't see criticism for those delays - reinforcing an attitude that increasing delays of future updates are okay.

I don't personally think this will happen with this Dev, he's been professional, and polite to the people on this thread (despite the fact that we're pirating his game) and he did go to the trouble of packing and publishing what he had into the 0.15 in time for his usual release date.

In this situation all I really feel entitled to do is hope that Stoper's paying patrons hold him to account if and/or when he fails to meet goals and standards in the future.
I couldn't said it better myself although this site and other sites like this is where them devs get their patrons, it's a gold mine so the fact that we are pirating their games is no biggy for them, well let's hope that this guy will remain fair(especially with his patrons) in releasing schedules and other aspects, though i have my skepticism but that is just me...

cerebotio2

Nov 20, 2018
I couldn't said it better myself although this site and other sites like this is where them devs get their patrons, it's a gold mine so the fact that we are pirating their games is no biggy for them, well let's hope that this guy will remain fair(especially with his patrons) in releasing schedules and other aspects, though i have my skepticism but that is just me...

Totally agree with you.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
How often do the updates of this great game come out?
Every 2 months.

FYI, when you want to quote someone, hit the "Reply" button on the post. It will automatically set up quotes, like what I've just done with your post.

Or hit the "Quote" button to add the post to multiquote, then hit the "Insert Quotes" button by the text entry box at the bottom.

Reactions: cerebotio2

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
By all means, let's tell @stoper how to spend his time. He shouldn't be working on the project he wants to use as a fun stress relief. He should be working on JOHN 24/7! :rolleyes:
Nah, i don't like this at all. I think it's foolish.

Just like it's perfectly reasonable for Stoper to disagree or even outright ignore it, it's also reasonable, for patrons at least, to express their ideas about the kind of project they want to support. That's how patronage has worked forever including for the likes of Beethoven and Mozart. I also don't think JOAC can be decoupled from 'the project' and described as fun stress release given that it's tied to the pledge amounts.

EDIT: oh btw for me, this is pretty much just academic. I have no interest in JOAC at all and ideally would like to see that effort put into makin JOHN's art even better (possible? :LOL:), but i mean... it's just a week. If it does well for him and he likes it, by all means.

I just want to push back against the idea that fans & patrons have to just sit down and shut up.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I don't remember who said that but earlier in the thread someone mentioned displaying text without the gray letter box. I have to say I strongly agree. I've played quite a few smutty games in my day and I can't recall any other game where I had to make such liberal use of the "H" button to see the finer details, if you get my drift.

Good game though.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
I don't remember who said that but earlier in the thread someone mentioned displaying text without the gray letter box. I have to say I strongly agree. I've played quite a few smutty games in my day and I can't recall any other game where I had to make such liberal use of the "H" button to see the finer details, if you get my drift.
I use this in all Ren'Py games:

Rotumaru

Feb 13, 2018
Thats a fucking awesome game!! after the disappointment caused by others game like "Where the heart is" or "A wife and a mother" etc...i hope Dev wont let us down. Thanks to the unidentified and lost friend who mentioned it on another post

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes