4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

KaraokeLoki

Apr 9, 2018
I've seen many games get milked or stalled for money, however, it is pretty hypocritical of people to complain about it if they don't make a game themselves. If you genuinely wanted to oppose the idea of milking games, make your own game then rub it in their face when its finished in under a year or something.

(EDIT:) Got plenty of replies from others later in this thread. I'd like to say they're 100% correct and I actually second their opinion. To clarify my stance, I just wanted to say that I don't support this type of supporter milking and blind sheep being herded into a long drought of delayed content. The point I wanted to make is that if you really wanna question someone's morals for shamelessly delaying game development for money, it's best to understand their position as well. They don't HAVE to make this game for you, nor do they have to accept your criticism because, in the end, they're the ones making the game. I do think it's the fault of those who pay $50+ a month for development and then complain when they don't see ample development within the month and do NOT cancel their subscriptions. I definitely didn't use hypocrisy as an example correctly. So instead I'll replace it with this:

If you subbed to the creator, waited 9 months for this update, and canceled within the first 3 months of not seeing an update with substantial content, then good for you. In fact, I applaud you and praise you for it.

However, if you subbed for the 9 months, didn't cancel, and then complained about the lack of content in this update, sucks for you. Maybe now it'll take you the first 8 months to realize that you should've canceled and moved on to a more engaging creator that actually puts out updates regularly.
But hey, if you've got the money to spend, go for it. Sheep are sheep.

Last edited:

Cybersexist

Dec 28, 2018
I've seen many games get milked or stalled for money, however, it is pretty hypocritical of people to complain about it if they don't make a game themselves. If you genuinely wanted to oppose the idea of milking games, make your own game then rub it in their face when its finished in under a year or something.
Yes , but also in the same Quality!

Im always amazed how many wannabe Devs are here which produce nothing than hot Air! Also now we have a lot of Business Experts here also...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
That's not what hypocrisy means lol. Hypocrisy would be a milker dev complaining about another dev that milks.

What you're saying here makes no moral or general sense. You basically said
"You all complain about murderers murdering but how about you murder someone before complaining about it"

Milking for money is wrong. Well, it's wrong in the sense that a person shouldn't do it on purpose but sometimes an effort does become a bit too much for a new dev. However, a decent person shares this openly and/or tries to make it better. At worst they abandon it.

A milker CAN do better but doesn't because why should they? People are paying regardless and worst of all for them is the fear that they'll never have another successful story to tell. The milking may come from that fear but either way it's out of financial greed.

That said, my view (stated many times) is that those at fault most are the subscribers that continue to pay regardless of a dev's work ethic. A person will rarely throw easy or free money away so how much can a Stoper or L&P be blamed? No, I blame those that complain about it while also still paying them the most.

As for the work, again, if they treated it like a real job they could have more than a single mediocre release ever 4-9 months. A simple M-F, 40 hour week could get these same updates out every 30-45 days. 100%. How do I know? I've done it all and not with the PCs these guys build. L&P alone has openly talked about his multiple rigs that cost thousands of dollars (USD) and he still claims render time like before.
"Well, the posing is the longest part, not the rendering".
True. Again, still not 4-9 months long. This latest JOHN update could be (obviously was) made in a few weeks tops. It's nothing & it took him 9 months lol.

But anyway, by main goal here isn't to dive in to specifics but point out the incorrectness of your main point. Again, what you describe is not hypocrisy. You're merely staying that people shouldn't say shit unless they have also done it and done it better. To which I say that's not even the point here and it's a cheap cop-out even if it was.
A person will either milk when presented the opportunity or they will not. It's a moral principle thing. Also, a person will either stop paying for goods they don't receive or are unhappy with or they won't. To me that's an issue of self-respect and some don't have it. That's why I blame the people paying more than the milkers.

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
wow, after reading all those comments i am not even gonna bother downloading it and i am also temporarily adding the game to ignore list, ill check it out again in 3 or 4 years and hopefully by that time Dev might add at least 2 or 3 hours worth of contents to game, Honestly i wouldn't even be surprised if its only 30 or 40 minutes....
If you are going to play the update for the first time it will be worthed. The complaints are referred to people (like me) who have followed this game for years and see 1 or 2 updates per year with almost no "interesting scenes".
I'm not saying I don't play slow-burn games, because I like a constant progression of the events with no rush, but at a certain point, in this case, I found the opposite: there are scenes where Jessica had the chance to get naughty and decided to forcefully come back to her bf, giving us no fun.
In conclusion, if this is your first time with the game then play, but be careful, because once you'll be done the wait will be very long.

AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
The update a liar will make in 9 months is only that much. Facts are painful. Now we can say the new comparison is saddoggames vs Stoper. But even the saddoggames game had more content.

This developer is acting like if Jessica has sex with another man, the whole story and excitement of the game will end there and they can't create more exciting new content.

That's why he bases his entire strategy in the game on teasing. The fact that he does not fulfill his promises is similar to the teasing content in the game. I think he's teasing people in real life as he is in the game.

I'm starting to think that most of the people advocating this developer are his real-life friends or relatives.
Devs not only do that but post under alt accounts. One was caught doing this on here not too long ago. Had a bunch of alts that defended his really bad game he eventually abandoned.

The point about reaching a climax in sexual encounter (no pun) is valid and clearly a lot of devs drag that out because they know some interest will fall when people get what they want.

Blue-balling sells. It works. Again, the greatest turn-on is mystery, what the imagination conjures up.
We've all seen 1000 pairs of tits but we meet a girl and the less she shows the more we want to see them. Logically, we know it's just a pair of tits. We'll see them and they'll be tits. It'll be cool but just tits, lol. Yet...we want to see them more than the chick that flashes hers all the time.

Logically, a fan knows that seeing Jessica fuck *insert your desired guy here* will be just like any other. The first time it happens you'll not hard but then you'll realize it wasn't worth the wait. Good but not worth the wait and $100s given to the dev.

AWAM? Same thing. In 10 years (literally) when Sophia actually fucks someone that isn't her husband, you'll cum. You'll like it but it will not have been worth the 10-15 years you waited and all that money you spent. Especially when there is fan art for both VNs. You can see what I'll look like right now.

But no, you want the situation and you want it to match what you've built it up in your mind to be...and the dev knows that. So, why rush? Why hurry when that happens when half the paying subs will be over it the second they finally see it?

Hence the milking...or one of the reasons anyway.

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
More milking and blue balling than Amouranth.

Another heather scene and BF scenes, when all other characters are being in a "i have no idea for them" box.

Jessica doing her main story investigation would be also cool, flirting with strangers to get the info she wanted, but i guess this story will never have conclusion. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Obranyi

Sep 16, 2019
Just checked the update - definitely didn't worth waiting. For a one or two month period - it could be ok, but not for 9 months. No progress with plot, no progress with corruption. The same old stuff: a little bit of boyfriend sex, a little bit of lesbian sex and a little bit of teasing.
I 100% with your comment, that's ok for two month, I do not understand who support this.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Alright folks, here's some food for thought.

So, first things first...

The update consists of 486 total renders, including animations. Animations make for 144 renders, which leaves us with 342 static renders. 342 renders and 4 animations in 9 1/2 months is laughable at best, and realistically speaking it's a complete joke. Stoper has created roughly 1.6 renders per day.

That alone makes me question many different things, but one that is really sticking out is a comment from stoper the morning before release, where he mentioned that he had "added a couple more images this morning". How is he able to casually add several images in the morning hours, but during the whole 9 1/2 months of development, he can barely create more than ONE render throughout an entire workday? (Keep that in mind for the following, as it might make more sense here in just a second)

So with that, I noticed something else which I find quite interesting to say the least. Y'all remember the development blog from September 28th? This particular development blog had a render attached to it, as is the case for most of stoper's devblogs. This render shows a Dartboard, and this exact same render is also part of the update. Now, what's so interesting about that you might ask? Well, if you take a closer look at the game's image folder, you'll notice that these Dartboard renders do appear during the last event at around render number ~230 out of 486 (give or take), Which is pretty close to the halfway point of this entire update. What I'm getting at is, if we were to assume that these Dartboard renders were made pretty much at the same time the September 28th devblog got published, it would mean that stoper added roughly ~260 more renders from the 28th of September to the day of release, November 15th. That again would mean he's been creating more than 50% of the ENTIRE update in about 5-6 weeks (I'm saying 5-6 because the last ~2 weeks were used for script, writing, testing and whatnot). And that brings me to my actual point.

Is it possible that stoper was getting the second half of the update done in just over a month, while the first half of this update took him more than 8 months? I know there's rumours about stoper not actually working for several months at the beginning of a development cycle, and this would certainly reinforce these theories. Now, many people would probably say how that's just a stupid coincidence and doesn't mean anything, but look back at my second paragraph and why I said to keep that in mind. Also, there is another development blog from September 8th, which shows a kitchen table with cake and milkshake on it. This was used at the very end of the 'Heather event' and is completely in line and the right order with the Dartboard devblog from the 28th of September.

I believe all the devblogs with the delays, deadlines, "more routes" and whatnot were just a complete hoax. By the way, where are all those different routes he was working on? The player has very limited options, some of which even end a scene early, another has a slightly different outcome. Where is all this extra work, branches, routes... all the nonsense stoper's been talking about for MONTHS? What happened to this super epic custom beach scenery he's been "working" on for so long? We barely even see any of it. And the parts we do see are premade assets with maybe a couple objects moved around, added or removed.

So, if you ask me, I think stoper has barely done any work in the first ~7 months of this development cycle. Call me crazy if you want. Peace!

Last edited:

LucidLover

Oct 14, 2022
He is not even making his own models, these are all pre bought or free models then modified after the fact. As for the coding this is just a basic VN, again very simple python code that anyone could learn in a week or so, the most time consuming thing are the renders but we all know this update didn't take 9 months of work not even close, most devs can put out 4-5 times the amount of work in 9 months, hell I have seen 1 man devs do more work in a 2 month update on a fully 3D game.

This dude is a fucking joke, anyone paying him should stop immediately, all the warning signs are there.
Not to be that guy but who's that in your avatar bro?

Ksayu

Mar 21, 2022
Why? People have a right to ask for the content they paid for, it's not like he's doing it all for free. Another question is why people support such "developers".

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes