4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
My Christmas present would be simple anal sex it could be anyone but Conner. :KEK:

Reactions: jcgan

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
5 weeks, boys and girls. Stoper's now got a beast of a computer with a 4090, plus his old rig. Two PC's. A brandnew Ferrari, and his old Mercedes-Benz, just to make a comparison for those who are not very familiar with PC tech.

One missing branch for the current update. One branch for a single scene that was cut short. Five weeks and counting.

Just imagine how long the actual real update is going to take if a tiny part of a single scene is going to take him what, 2+ months now? With now two computers, one being an absolute high-end beast.

Current record is at 9 1/2 months for a pretty darn short update (stoper used to release updates like that in ~3 months), using only his one old computer. 4 scenes including a handful of different branches (which weren't really branches anyway, just a couple different renders). And the "extra" content which apparently took him 2+ months, whatever content that was, because it really didn't make any sense if you read his dev-blogs and played through the update. Anyway...

I guess we could assume that the Christmas holidays have made an impact here, but we'll see when this missing little branch goes live. According to the man himself, he was "hoping" to make faster progress with his new computer. Not gonna lie, it looks more like the exact opposite right now.

My prediction for the next real update (not the little missing branch): About 1 year, maybe never. God, I hope that I'm wrong. I used to be a big stoperArt fan, believe it or not.

Hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas.

Cheers!

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
5 weeks, boys and girls. Stoper's now got a beast of a computer with a 4090, plus his old rig. Two PC's. A brandnew Ferrari, and his old Mercedes-Benz, just to make a comparison for those who are not very familiar with PC tech.

One missing branch for the current update. One branch for a single scene that was cut short. Five weeks and counting.

Just imagine how long the actual real update is going to take if a tiny part of a single scene is going to take him what, 2+ months now? With now two computers, one being an absolute high-end beast.

Current record is at 9 1/2 months for a pretty darn short update (stoper used to release updates like that in ~3 months), using only his one old computer. 4 scenes including a handful of different branches (which weren't really branches anyway, just a couple different renders). And the "extra" content which apparently took him 2+ months, whatever content that was, because it really didn't make any sense if you read his dev-blogs and played through the update. Anyway...

I guess we could assume that the Christmas holidays have made an impact here, but we'll see when this missing little branch goes live. According to the man himself, he was "hoping" to make faster progress with his new computer. Not gonna lie, it looks more like the exact opposite right now.

My prediction for the next real update (not the little missing branch): About 1 year, maybe never. God, I hope that I'm wrong. I used to be a big stoperArt fan, believe it or not.

Cheers!
What a lump of coal for Christmas, thanks Palm! ;)

But yeah, I think it's likely we only get one full update in 2023. I wouldn't be surprised if Stoper starts talking about a new project this year.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019

Cheers!
I don't want to defend stoper, the wait times have been huge lately; but the new 4090 will speed up the process a little, as already said the bottleneck is the scene creation not the render; so the 4090 will help very little. so I don't have much hope for faster development; we won't have anything before 6 months if all goes well. (assuming that the 4090 does not burn in the connector)

Reactions: palmtrees89
4.10 star(s) 186 Votes