4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
Started reading posts from the last 2 days and got to the development log. My brain was telling me do not read it you know it´s nothing positive as usual, just skip it. But the masochist in me could not resist. And yeah i agree with someone who said that with this attitude most of us would be fired from our jobs every month.

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
The dev said this event will be for the route the least amount of players choose, so it's definitely Conner.
Really? I do not remember reading about this. If it is true than it is just another proof he is fucking around with us. From his posts you could get that impression, like he does not give a fuck, and now the content most of us do not care about.

DD3DD

Apr 23, 2019
He was back on track in mid-February after being "sick" for 2+ weeks, just to go back to being "sick" again? That's not how viruses work. Not how a common cold or flu works. Not how covid works. The only thing working like that is the so called "bullshit-syndrome". His "Doctor" said it's nothing serious, huh? That's it? Anyone actually foolish enough to believe this nonsense? NO competent Doctor out there would tell his patient that it's fine or nothing serious when you're going from sick to healthy, back to being sick, to healthy, and sick again. You would be thoroughly tested, and you'd also be told what illness it is that plagues you for that long. Unless...surprise surprise...it's all a bunch of bullshit.
Kindly post your medical degree. There are other viruses than just respiratory and you clearly haven't been to a doctor/hospital post-covid. They backlogged, over-worked and stretched thin, if it ain't immediately life threatening you sort of fuxed at how long you gonna have to wait to get diagnosed properly if not miss-diagnosed cause of previous mentioned reasons. At least that's what happening here in my country. So it's not all a bunch of BS, just you blabbing a lot of it.

Tennoujirex

Dec 26, 2021
He won't, because it's all nothing but lies. He's "sick" every year, and I'm pretty sure it's always around the same time aswell. And the devblogs are always the same. A mysterious "sickness" no other person ever has, and whatever it is apparently doesn't even have a name to it. Only stoper is suddenly falling ill from this to mankind unknown virus, unable to work an entire month or more.

Also quite funny:

Development blog 15th of February

Development blog 2nd of March

He was back on track in mid-February after being "sick" for 2+ weeks, just to go back to being "sick" again? That's not how viruses work. Not how a common cold or flu works. Not how covid works. The only thing working like that is the so called "bullshit-syndrome". His "Doctor" said it's nothing serious, huh? That's it? Anyone actually foolish enough to believe this nonsense? NO competent Doctor out there would tell his patient that it's fine or nothing serious when you're going from sick to healthy, back to being sick, to healthy, and sick again. You would be thoroughly tested, and you'd also be told what illness it is that plagues you for that long. Unless...surprise surprise...it's all a bunch of bullshit.

And here's the context (taken from February 2nd development blog);

Translation:
I've not done anything since November because I was lazy, even though y'all throw your money at me. Maybe, just maybe, IF I feel like doing something, I'll let you know. Or maybe not. Either way, I'll keep charging you money for absolutely nothing, and I don't give a damn. For now, I'm gonna go have some fun with the RTX4090 you guys paid for. No, not working on JOHN obviously. Farewell!

What do you think this closet rework was for? Stoper is coming up with excuse after excuse, and he's not done anything. The only purpose of these last couple development blogs is to keep the money flowing with the most ridiculous crap you could imagine until he eventually feels like working on the game for another month or two. Exactly the same way he did it for the last update. lol

Or, to sum it up...

- November: Setting up new computer with RTX4090 and doing "maintenance" on the old Computer+GPU. (In other words, nothing. Everyone who has ever set up a Computer knows that this is a matter of hours, maybe a day or two AT MOST)

- December: Didn't work at all and also didn't feel the need to tell his Patrons about it until a comment on Discord appeared in January, where he's very casually told his supporters that he hasn't been working in December. (Without any reasoning, just a quick "oopsie, didn't work")

- January: So this one's hilarious and also sad. Here he told his supporters AGAIN that he had set up his computer and everything was now working and ready, and that he could apparently start working on the next update, or the missing mini-branch. (Probably hasn't done anything here either, except for maybe making plans on how to do nothing without losing support, hence the nonsense development blogs)

- February: The absolute highlight for the current development cycle, with stoper making a post providing a render of a reworked closet nobody gives a damn about. Also been "sick", possibly cursed by a South-American Aztec Shaman of sorts. Or an Alien spaceship landed in his backyard, and one of the silly green guys sneezed right in stopers face, leaving him with an unknown virus. But the doc said it's fine. Still, nothing was achieved in February either.

- March: Recovered from his "sickness". Sick again. Recovered again. Sick again. Jesus, take the wheel. We don't know where this one's going. (Nowhere)
Thanks for always being the only voice of reason whenever it comes to this disappointment of a game.

It's truly something else witnessing the new stretch goals that stoper sets to see how far he can bs his subscribers with excuses till the straw breaks the camel's back. Really goes to show how much he respects them and their money.

At start it was motivation issues, then it was dresses that took alot of time, then it was animation taking alot of time cause of lackluster hardware and now it's this new unknown sickness that decides to come and go on a whim especially when it's time to show any kind of progress, wonder what genius excuse he comes up with next.

Dude is really gonna put all the politicians outta work if he ever runs as one for his own country.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Kindly post your medical degree. There are other viruses than just respiratory and you clearly haven't been to a doctor/hospital post-covid. They backlogged, over-worked and stretched thin, if it ain't immediately life threatening you sort of fuxed at how long you gonna have to wait to get diagnosed properly if not miss-diagnosed cause of previous mentioned reasons. At least that's what happening here in my country. So it's not all a bunch of BS, just you blabbing a lot of it.
What do you mean with post-covid? It's still around. Had it myself last year. So yeah, I've been to a doctor. No clue where you're located, but most European countries are doing fine, and Stoper is located in Italy if I'm not mistaken. So no, I got treated right away, and stoper apparently didn't have any issues either considering his doc is casually shrugging it off telling him it's nothing serious. Anyway, you're missing the point. This ain't the first time stoper comes up with this nonsense. And it's also not the first time he's talking about it like he's catched some unknown virus. If you catch covid, flu, simple cold among many other virus or bacteria infections which are common in most countries, you don't go back and forth between healthy and sick. You are sick, and then you recover. Or you die if you're shit out of luck. If not and you make it, you'll have antibodies in your system and will hardly be able to get sick again for a period of time. Which is not a day or two, by the way.

Anyway, in most cases it takes mere days, sometimes weeks to fully recover depending on the virus or whatever it is you have. But no, not stoper. He's a special case indeed. One day he's recovered, the next day he's sick again. Mid-February he was back on track, 2 weeks later he's oh so terribly sick. But ay, his doc said it's nothing serious, even though he's got no clue himself what he has (well, because he's not gotten shit except for the previously mentioned bullshit-syndrome).

I've made the pointless effort to list everything that's happened so far since November according to Discord comments and development blogs. And yet you come at me with this nonsense telling me that I am the one blabbering BS when you're either completely blind or just unable to make out shit when someone's serving it to you on a plate.

Do you read his devblogs? His Discord comments? Are you actually unable to see through all the contradicitions and straight up lies? I wonder what it's like being so deep up someones backside that it's almost comparable to a sensory deprivation chamber or something.

Tennoujirex

Dec 26, 2021
What do you mean with post-covid? It's still around. Had it myself last year. So yeah, I've been to a doctor. No clue where you're located, but most European countries are doing fine, and Stoper is located in Italy if I'm not mistaken. So no, I got treated right away, and stoper apparently didn't have any issues either considering his doc is casually shrugging it off telling him it's nothing serious. Anyway, you're missing the point. This ain't the first time stoper comes up with this nonsense. And it's also not the first time he's talking about it like he's catched some unknown virus. If you catch covid, flu, simple cold among many other virus or bacteria infections which are common in most countries, you don't go back and forth between healthy and sick. You are sick, and then you recover. Or you die if you're shit out of luck. If not and you make it, you'll have antibodies in your system and will hardly be able to get sick again for a period of time. Which is not a day or two, by the way.

Anyway, in most cases it takes mere days, sometimes weeks to fully recover depending on the virus or whatever it is you have. But no, not stoper. He's a special case indeed. One day he's recovered, the next day he's sick again. Mid-February he was back on track, 2 weeks later he's oh so terribly sick. But ay, his doc said it's nothing serious, even though he's got no clue himself what he has (well, because he's not gotten shit except for the previously mentioned bullshit-syndrome).

I've made the pointless effort to list everything that's happened so far since November according to Discord comments and development blogs. And yet you come at me with this nonsense telling me that I am the one blabbering BS when you're either completely blind or just unable to make out shit when someone's serving it to you on a plate.

Do you read his devblogs? His Discord comments? Are you actually unable to see through all the contradicitions and straight up lies? I wonder what it's like being so deep up someones backside that it's almost comparable to a sensory deprivation chamber or something.
Exactly this, one doesn't require some kinda phd in medical to see through the very obvious lie stoper keeps going back and forth on as it fits his narrative.
All that aside one has to wonder if that isn't stoper himself at times. So it's pretty useless trying to argue with a disingenuous dude that's clearly ignoring everything presented before him in favor of sucking it up for stoper every occasion he can get. No need to waste your time with any of that.

May 4, 2017
First off I see many of you are outraged? Are you patrons of his?

It is fine if you wanna criticize him and I agree I was a patron of his at the start when updates were supposed to come every 2 months.
Just calm down a little, these rage filled comments will not dissuade many people from supporting him.

Honestly I've worked many jobs over the past 10 years, some were excruciatingly difficult to the point of working 12 hours a day for 6 days in a row. And it was extremely physically taxing work, point is I know people who are 50, 60 years old who do these jobs, yet don't have as many "health problems" as many of these devs do.

I understand each Job has its difficulties and we all have serious personal problems but using people's love for your work in order to not work is just despicable.

And personally I hold the people who support them responsible, because they are enabling that behavior.

LongoMcFap

Dec 28, 2020
View attachment 2432321

I'll post again with some more concrete plans for the upcoming months.
- Update 0.6 will be out before december, still I cannot tell you the exact year
- Due to the "huge" increment in version numbers (0.x -> 0.x+1) and the little content in it, I will reduce the number of updates per decade and therefore increase the version number increments instead (for example 0.55 -> 5.0 -> 27.34123 -> 87.553142abc). Doesn't make sense, I know, still a good thing ...
- To have a better work/life balance and to increase the money per working hour rate I will only work once a month on JOHN, so I can compensate the loss in patreons, and to keep my health in check!

---

P.S.: If this SOB hadn't made me addicted to one of the hottest gals around and superior images and a story that's excellently paced, I would have left this shitshow a long time ago.

Last edited:

umby

May 27, 2017
View attachment 2432321

Hi, everyone.

I had a horrible February, being sick basically all month. Barely had the strength to do any work at all. My doctor thinks it's nothing serious, and I do feel better for the past few days. But last evening I started writing this post, felt bad and went to bed for a moment to rest my head, and remained there all night. Again better today, even gonna try and do some work after dinner.

The day from the last update is all but done, but I still haven't managed to go and do the variables and stats adjustment that I want to have ready before the next big update.

I want to see how thing will go with my health in the next several days, and then I'll post again with some more concrete plans for the upcoming months.

That's all for now. Stay well, and thanks for sticking with me.

-------
poor boy

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes