VN Ren'Py Jessica O'Neil's Hard News [v0.65 BETA] [stoperArt]

4.10 star(s) 191 Votes

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
These are valid considerations and I also think that he doesn't work on JOHN consistently (he has other jobs in my opinion) but tends to procrastinate and then find himself with a huge amount of work when time gets tight. Combined with the fact that Stoper seems to have poor organizational skills, little planning of the plot and his work, a now consolidated habit of underestimating the time needed to achieve certain objectives. These are all criticisms that in my opinion are fair. Even if the game is distributed for free, he should pay more attention to communication, out of respect for those who support him financially every month.

What I can't understand are the stupid or out of line criticisms, considering that they mostly come from those who receive the game without ever having spent a penny. I understand the annoyance if someone was or is its financier. I don't like it when here or in other threads someone comes in just to vomit insults (even on those who pay to support the development of the game), shooting nonsense about how software development works or whatever. There are many ways to express criticism towards developers, also considering whether the game is released for free or not.
OH, and here is the prove that the best way to advice ppl is by insulting them, bad idea.(n)

Reactions: Shyata 2.0

NextQuestion

Apr 23, 2018
The game is free so you can actually criticize the game and its lying developer without being forced to pay money.
Also, stop white knighting for a developer that can't even deliver on his own promises several times and is basically a walking liar.
Cheers!
He is one of the patreon superior human beings. Thinks that swiping credit card gives him some special status and gets triggered when we call out the scam game they support.

LucidLover

Oct 14, 2022
stoperArt
·
9min
·
Everything is packaged, but I want to do some test runs and polish it a little more. It could take a few hours.

View attachment 4122203
'Test runs', this guy makes me feel like a saint. Even I don't give such reasons to my boss XD

One would think he's going out for a jog. Hopefully he doesn't come up with 'got burned out after a couple of test runs, no energy now, will polish it before next week'

int00h

Oct 10, 2017
'Test runs', this guy makes me feel like a saint. Even I don't give such reasons to my boss XD

One would think he's going out for a jog. Hopefully he doesn't come up with 'got burned out after a couple of test runs, no energy now, will polish it before next week'
a few uploading issues can be expected, for real, it's so easy for him

Last edited:
Reactions: LucidLover

Gearz24

Apr 25, 2021
These are valid considerations and I also think that he doesn't work on JOHN consistently (he has other jobs in my opinion) but tends to procrastinate and then find himself with a huge amount of work when time gets tight. Combined with the fact that Stoper seems to have poor organizational skills, little planning of the plot and his work, a now consolidated habit of underestimating the time needed to achieve certain objectives. These are all criticisms that in my opinion are fair. Even if the game is distributed for free, he should pay more attention to communication, out of respect for those who support him financially every month.

What I can't understand are the stupid or out of line criticisms, considering that they mostly come from those who receive the game without ever having spent a penny. I understand the annoyance if someone was or is its financier. I don't like it when here or in other threads someone comes in just to vomit insults (even on those who pay to support the development of the game), shooting nonsense about how software development works or whatever. There are many ways to express criticism towards developers, also considering whether the game is released for free or not.
If anybody deserves all the criticism they get its definitely stopper.

Reactions: TheRizzi

BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
Only one thing I can say, that comes in my mine, forget about it, because I have an eerie feeling that we will be disappointed AGAIN.
And no way would I take my credit card out for this excuse of a Dev, I could name a Dozen Devs which I`m supporting that would deserve way more Patreons then this Dev, sorry but that is my opinion, even I supported this Dev until someone opened my eyes.
And for the People which support him, that's there right too, I just feel somewhat sorry for them because of the money they are paying, and I believe they are disappointed also, and that they would also wish that they where getting there moneys worth..
the-god-father-marlon-brando.gif

4.10 star(s) 191 Votes