ponk01

Jan 1, 2019
If anyone has ideas for what they would like to see in this VN. Feel free to drop ideas and suggestions in this thread.
Also any and all negativity will not be allowed. You wanna be a negative Nanny, don't bother.
well i'm okay with multiple protagonist as long as we can avoid the female protagonists sleeping with other than the main male protagonist (and i mean really avoidable not just skipping).

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Journey [v1.1] [Deadbrokeinc] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.
Developer:

Original Win/Linux Size: 3.20 GB

Compressed Win Size: 93 MB
Compressed Mac Size: 74.6 MB
Compressed Linux Size: 82.1 MB
Perhaps you might consider using hosting sites that don't trigger malware alerts?

1621105396840.png

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
That easy for you to say, can’t you imagine for people with slow internet how much time can be save and not everyone like you will understand what kind of files that the game need and which one can be delete. Techstar spend time so that many of us can save time and disk space. Please dun use your own view to tell people what it necessary and what not.
Considering that both links to the compressed version trigger malware alerts, slow connection or not, perhaps it might be best to follow the advice you're shrugging off?

==========================

Mind you, i haven't tried it and i don't know what will happen if you do, so i'd advise caution {and a backup} before doing it...

Last edited:

tatomcm80

Jul 18, 2019
That easy for you to say, can’t you imagine for people with slow internet how much time can be save and not everyone like you will understand what kind of files that the game need and which one can be delete. Techstar spend time so that many of us can save time and disk space. Please dun use your own view to tell people what it necessary and what not.
*1st Black text:
If I can no longer comment on a forum... : :cautious: : I will sing:
♫ Oh, life is bigger
It's bigger than you, and you are not me ♫ :p
(Losing my religion - REM)

If Game Compressor users didn't exist in the forum, what would you do? Wouldn't you download a game because its size is too big? :unsure:
The most important rule: Make backups or don't delete zip/rar/7z file.
It's a renpy game, for the love of God! Python files + rpy, images, videos and music files.
Into main folder: One or two exe files (32 or 64 OS), sh file, py file, and game, renpy and lib folders.
And in "game" folder:
Image files, audio files, video files, rpy files, rpyc files, rpa files, fonts... + cache, gui, tl and saves folder.
And if you see a file with a strange extension, doing a google search, you will find the answer.
In this particular game the .duf files (DAZ project file) into game/image folder, are the unnecessary stuff.
You don't have to be an expert to understand the structure of a game developed with Renpy. I understand it with less than two years playing games developed with the tool/program.
Another very different thing is that you like to navigate through the directories and find out what each file is. ;)

I would summarize all that in one word: Laziness.
Nor do you have to know everything, but if you are familiar with certain topics, is it advisable to have some basic knowledge, or are you one of those who take the PC to the store or call a friend when you have to change the HDD or GPU?
It would seem perfect if you did, but then you will learn little on your own.
Since there is already another person who does it for me, why bother me, right?

*2nd Black text:
And you don't say to people that there are other people who have slow internet. We already know that, but you seem to like to remember it.
If you want, we go back in time and we have a horse-drawn cart or living in caves and we hunt bison or mammoths... :ROFLMAO:
I don't have a 4K PC screen, (it's FULLHD), and I'am not complaining or telling those who have one at 4K: "Guys, have a little consideration with people who have an SD / HD screen". On the contrary, I accept my limitations and try to improve them.

Save disk space and time?
I hope that you and another people like you, do not buy digital games or download 30, 50, 70, 80 or 100 GB each + patches and extension packs with that slow internet, because you will rarely find a compressed version from them, : eek: or playing multiplayer online games.
What I mean is that the technology advances and does not wait for anyone. ;)
It is unfair? Yes it is.
The rest of us humans are to blame for that? Not.

In short, my message was not aimed at people with slow internet, but would have been despite the developer for not removing unnecessary files from the game when he shared it. I don't blame him because it usually happens.
Humans make mistakes and we must learn from those so as not to repeat them, except for me, who am perfect, but that is another story that one day I will tell you. : ROFLMAO:

Have a nice day.

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
as i didnt do the the compressions i will have to look into it. thats why it states on the font page 3rd party compression and android.
It's not the compression - as i said, it's the links ... the sites where it's being hosted are dangerous; one has trojans, and the other has "riskware".

The compressed version is probably all right - of course, if i could download it from a safe site i'd still run a scan on it before is opened it.

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
It's not the compression - as i said, it's the links ... the sites where it's being hosted are dangerous; one has trojans, and the other has "riskware".

The compressed version is probably all right - of course, if i could download it from a safe site i'd still run a scan on it before is opened it.
before I download anything from these sites I use

first it comes in handy

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
*1st Black text:
If I can no longer comment on a forum... : :cautious: : I will sing:
♫ Oh, life is bigger
It's bigger than you, and you are not me ♫ :p
(Losing my religion - REM)

If Game Compressor users didn't exist in the forum, what would you do? Wouldn't you download a game because its size is too big? :unsure:
The most important rule: Make backups or don't delete zip/rar/7z file.
It's a renpy game, for the love of God! Python files + rpy, images, videos and music files.
Into main folder: One or two exe files (32 or 64 OS), sh file, py file, and game, renpy and lib folders.
And in "game" folder:
Image files, audio files, video files, rpy files, rpyc files, rpa files, fonts... + cache, gui, tl and saves folder.
And if you see a file with a strange extension, doing a google search, you will find the answer.
In this particular game the .duf files (DAZ project file) into game/image folder, are the unnecessary stuff.
You don't have to be an expert to understand the structure of a game developed with Renpy. I understand it with less than two years playing games developed with the tool/program.
Another very different thing is that you like to navigate through the directories and find out what each file is. ;)

I would summarize all that in one word: Laziness.
Nor do you have to know everything, but if you are familiar with certain topics, is it advisable to have some basic knowledge, or are you one of those who take the PC to the store or call a friend when you have to change the HDD or GPU?
It would seem perfect if you did, but then you will learn little on your own.
Since there is already another person who does it for me, why bother me, right?

*2nd Black text:
And you don't say to people that there are other people who have slow internet. We already know that, but you seem to like to remember it.
If you want, we go back in time and we have a horse-drawn cart or living in caves and we hunt bison or mammoths... :ROFLMAO:
I don't have a 4K PC screen, (it's FULLHD), and I'am not complaining or telling those who have one at 4K: "Guys, have a little consideration with people who have an SD / HD screen". On the contrary, I accept my limitations and try to improve them.

Save disk space and time?
I hope that you and another people like you, do not buy digital games or download 30, 50, 70, 80 or 100 GB each + patches and extension packs with that slow internet, because you will rarely find a compressed version from them, : eek: or playing multiplayer online games.
What I mean is that the technology advances and does not wait for anyone. ;)
It is unfair? Yes it is.
The rest of us humans are to blame for that? Not.

In short, my message was not aimed at people with slow internet, but would have been despite the developer for not removing unnecessary files from the game when he shared it. I don't blame him because it usually happens.
Humans make mistakes and we must learn from those so as not to repeat them, except for me, who am perfect, but that is another story that one day I will tell you. : ROFLMAO:

Have a nice day.
Thank you for the book, I will do some night time reading before I goto bed. :)

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
lol. it was funny but at the same time. I understand where they are coming from as well though.

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor - Retired
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Dec 31, 2017
download the comresed version from Techstar, at the top of this page, it's fast and game it's the same ;-)
Thank BUCCO and TheRequestor for the appreciation.

It is not necessary to make a compressed version of this game. Just delete all .duf files, (2.8GB).
Yes, totally agreed that is not necessary to make a compressed version.
Won't consider to download if the size is below 750 MB.
Also thank for sharing your knowledge, the post will also help other member.

Perhaps you might consider using hosting sites that don't trigger malware alerts?
Thank for the alert, both hosting site is under the approved file host and you might want to bring your conscience to the mod and staff.

BUCCO

Feb 20, 2020
Thank BUCCO and TheRequestor for the appreciation.

Yes, totally agreed that is not necessary to make a compressed version.
Won't consider to download if the size is below 750 MB.
Also thank for sharing your knowledge, the post will also help other member.

Thank for the alert, both hosting site is under the approved file host and you might want to bring your conscience to the mod and staff.
I thank you! , you're great
;-)

tatomcm80

Jul 18, 2019
Techstar, you and the rest of Game Compressors, Modders, Uploaders, Collaborators, Donors... do a great job.
I think nobody doubts that.
Then there are the Developers who try to share us their works. Some of us will like, others less... Some developers we will support and others we will not, etc.
To the topic, having slow internet and playing with keyboard and mouse or controller, are similar cases.
I have seen in the forum several games made with RPG Maker Ace or VX, which you can only play with a keyboard, and I am not writing in their respective threads: "There are many of us who play with a controller." Instead, what I do is emulate the keyboard to the controller pad and be able to play those games.
Yes, it can be done, and I don't expect anyone to do it for me if something interests me.
When I can't solve it or have a problem, I look for a solution. If I can't find it, that's when I ask for help.
PS: My book, episode 2. It's a pocket edition. :LOL:

Reactions: Techstar

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
Techstar, you and the rest of Game Compressors, Modders, Uploaders, Collaborators, Donors... do a great job.
I think nobody doubts that.
Then there are the Developers who try to share us their works. Some of us will like, others less... Some developers we will support and others we will not, etc.
To the topic, having slow internet and playing with keyboard and mouse or controller, are similar cases.
I have seen in the forum several games made with RPG Maker Ace or VX, which you can only play with a keyboard, and I am not writing in their respective threads: "There are many of us who play with a controller." Instead, what I do is emulate the keyboard to the controller pad and be able to play those games.
Yes, it can be done, and I don't expect anyone to do it for me if something interests me.
When I can't solve it or have a problem, I look for a solution. If I can't find it, that's when I ask for help.
PS: My book, episode 2. It's a pocket edition. :LOL:
lol thanks now all we have to do is wait for your movie deal to go through lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: Techstar

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
seriously .. its not the way u compressed it ... its way more .....
50 renders cant be 3 GB ..... else other games here arround would have 100 terrabyte .....

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
No sexual content: worst way to call atention to the players. Not much wise IMO, I won't download so far.
My dude. I'm already working on it. Also working on a mac version and I want to do a android version as well I don't understand why they don't get much love from it. Thank you for your feed back. I welcome all feedback. As long as its reasonable.
PS there will be nudity in the future. All I'm doing right now is setting the story up so we can have that right now. I want yall to meet each one of the characters and how they ended up at the spaceport. After all the back stories. Then the main content can begin. I've tried to keep them short and sweet. But for anyone looking for a quick fap. This is not the VN, for you.
Now for anyone that is looking for a good story, pretty girls, scfi and world building this is the VN for you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Piat and BUCCO

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
pass, since no sexual content
My dude. I'm already working on it. Also working on a mac version and I want to do a android version as well I don't understand why they don't get much love from it. Thank you for your feed back. I welcome all feedback. As long as its reasonable.
PS there will be nudity in the future. All I'm doing right now is setting the story up so we can have that right now. I want yall to meet each one of the characters and how they ended up at the spaceport. After all the back stories. Then the main content can begin. I've tried to keep them short and sweet. But for anyone looking for a quick fap. This is not the VN, for you.
Now for anyone that is looking for a good story, pretty girls, scfi and world building this is the VN for you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BUCCO

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
"No sexual content" what about nudity? I like SciFi so I would have tried it anyway... but no Mac version, and Windoze is such an unstable PITA, reserved for when I need to use it....however... nudity would be an incentive. Just sayin'.
(edit- read some of the comments and replies... I'll be back, really dude, do something about that NSC tag!)

• Red Heart
Reactions: BUCCO
1.00 star(s) 1 Vote