Apr 15, 2018
okay so during the scourge fight i use blake's semblance ability's and it keeps sending me back to the menu, dunno if its my laptop or i didn't train enough

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
blakes semblance works with dust, if you dont have the same dust type then it hits you back to the menu

darkmega926

Jun 6, 2017
The routes for Qrow and Winter aren't working for me. I just keep getting the first event, and never the second.

darkmega926

Jun 6, 2017
qrow only has one and for winter, have you looked at the guide maybe?
I looked at the guide. Found out what I did wrong for Winter. But in the guide for Qrow It shows multiple steps for the first event. I can't activate the second event at the main street at night

JohnyShadow7

Sep 27, 2019
I looked at the guide. Found out what I did wrong for Winter. But in the guide for Qrow It shows multiple steps for the first event. I can't activate the second event at the main street at night
Just to clarify (from the guide), Qrow only seems to have one SATURDAY event. All the steps leading up to it might be very minor things. Also the Ruby 3rd event before day 66 thing.
That said, I had some problems with certain events (Penny, I think) not appearing until quite late and Neo´s texts ocasionaly reseting/not registering. So if you´re sure you did everything right, it might just be buggy.

PS: The guide is for an older version, so maybe the route was slightly altered...

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
if i knew how to do zips i would put the newer guide i made for the discord in here too xD some of the penny events are set in the "mid game" (after Thilla incident or her "upgreats") or have a special req you didnt have and finaly for the texts to continue you have to w8 for the next day

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
yep that is defenetly the one i made xD you know how i know? cause i am a fucking idiot who named it .doc.docx xD

JohnyShadow7

Sep 27, 2019
if i knew how to do zips i would put the newer guide i made for the discord in here too xD some of the penny events are set in the "mid game" (after Thilla incident or her "upgreats") or have a special req you didnt have and finaly for the texts to continue you have to w8 for the next day
Took a quick look at your guide. Nice. I´ve been using the one on the main page (MP), which I believe is v 2.2? (Still very usefull)
But yours definitely clears some confusion regarding Penny. MP guide basically made me believe (until the last game week), that Penny´s events were exclusive to each other. (1,2/3,4 or 1A,B/2A,B) Your guide also sais that her 4th (2B) event doesn´t exist yet, which would explain some of my problems.

And I know about waiting for the texts, I meant that I sent a reply, moved to the next day and had to send the reply to the same message again. Not sure what caused that, maybe playing with the rollback a bit too much?

On a side note, to the dev, I finished the game and really enjoyed it, but somewhat dreading replaying it without a SKIP buttton for the fights. They´re interesting enough the first time round, but they do get on my nerves.
Speaking of, a really annyoing "bug/problem" I had. A significant amount of dialogue seems to lack a "stop". I mean, usually you have to click or press something to progress, but sometimes it would just speed pass with a chance to read it. (The "text speed" setting doesn´t seem to affect this and auto-mode was off.)

KMN

68WX Insomniac Lurker Uber Edumacated Nerd
Donor
Jun 13, 2017
On a side note, to the dev, I finished the game and really enjoyed it, but somewhat dreading replaying it without a SKIP buttton for the fights. They´re interesting enough the first time round, but they do get on my nerves.
Speaking of, a really annyoing "bug/problem" I had. A significant amount of dialogue seems to lack a "stop". I mean, usually you have to click or press something to progress, but sometimes it would just speed pass with a chance to read it. (The "text speed" setting doesn´t seem to affect this and auto-mode was off.)
Ive had similar problem and had to rewind or check history to see what was said...

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
Took a quick look at your guide. Nice. I´ve been using the one on the main page (MP), which I believe is v 2.2? (Still very usefull)
But yours definitely clears some confusion regarding Penny. MP guide basically made me believe (until the last game week), that Penny´s events were exclusive to each other. (1,2/3,4 or 1A,B/2A,B) Your guide also sais that her 4th (2B) event doesn´t exist yet, which would explain some of my problems.

And I know about waiting for the texts, I meant that I sent a reply, moved to the next day and had to send the reply to the same message again. Not sure what caused that, maybe playing with the rollback a bit too much?

i am not really sure but it could be that i forgot to put 1 part of pennys route in and i "only" updated one i found on the discord server anyways

the forcefull skips are intentional offcause, since these characters get cut of or are talking in highspeed or even nora speed so the immersion stays intact (sorry if that didnt make much sense my english isnt the greatest^^)

JohnyShadow7

Sep 27, 2019
i am not really sure but it could be that i forgot to put 1 part of pennys route in and i "only" updated one i found on the discord server anyways

the forcefull skips are intentional offcause, since these characters get cut of or are talking in highspeed or even nora speed so the immersion stays intact (sorry if that didnt make much sense my english isnt the greatest^^)
So, first, Penny. The 4th event exists. I somehow trigered it on my 2nd playthrough, no idea how. (Maybe don´t wait too long with any of the Penny stuff...) (This is the "don´t let her go into second stage" event.)

Second, if the skips are intentional, than it´s a very poor choice. I played quite a few VNs and they ALWAYS have you put in some kind of input to progress, even if the sentence is cut in half. (Unless you have an "auto-play" on, of course.) And it´s not like the text is there for a second to let you read it and moves on, it just flies past. And yes, sometimes it coincides with "fast talking", but not always.
Anyway, it´s kind of a big issue for me, so I´m more inclined to believe it´s a bug, because if it´s not... well, fuck.

Ive had similar problem and had to rewind or check history to see what was said...
Checking history works, but it can be a bit tedious. Thanks for the tip.

JohnyShadow7

Sep 27, 2019
So, here´s a thing. Apparently, in the new canon book "RWBY Before The Dawn", there´s a semblance that allows someone to "siphon aura and share it with others". Not the OP borrowing of semblances, but we´re getting there. :D
Also a semblance that relies on direct eye contact. (Hello Carrots)
Oh, and actual mind control, cuz why not...

Edit: I forgot that Marcus Black "stole" Mercury´s semblance, so there´s that, but it´s never really explained.

Last edited:

Rasnec

Mar 2, 2018
So, here´s a thing. Apparently, in the new canon book "RWBY Before The Dawn", there´s a semblance that allows someone to "siphon aura and share it with others". Not the OP borrowing of semblances, but we´re getting there. :D
Also a semblance that relies on direct eye contact. (Hello Carrots)
Oh, and actual mind control, cuz why not...

Edit: I forgot that Marcus Black "stole" Mercury´s semblance, so there´s that, but it´s never really explained.
explaining things would mean they put thought behind it :D

4.40 star(s) 28 Votes