3.10 star(s) 24 Votes

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
I don't think you understand why the diner pays her that way. She's supposed to be a stupid naive young woman who people take advantage of. Things like that are just to show how she is dumb and if she wasn't so dumb how a lot of her problems wouldn't be so bad. Of course, she could have said "That doesn't sound right, think I'll get a job somewhere else" but she's dumb. The game is literally called "Julia Young and Dumb"
It's bad writing. You can fix most of the games internal problems easily with good writing. Using the she is DUMB argument is a lazy crutch.

Not knowing about taxes is dumb, not getting paid at all makes no sense.

Note it can still work. Make her work 2 hours a day at min wadge. That's 28 bucks + tips minus taxes. She learns that she isn't making enough after taxes, and now has to slut it up to get more tips. You can make it make sense without being bad. Hell you can make the employer evil by stealing her wages and saying it's taxes... Once again you can make these things work.

Chuckles9988

Jan 27, 2020
It's bad writing. You can fix most of the games internal problems easily with good writing. Using the she is DUMB argument is a lazy crutch.

Not knowing about taxes is dumb, not getting paid at all makes no sense.

Note it can still work. Make her work 2 hours a day at min wadge. That's 28 bucks + tips minus taxes. She learns that she isn't making enough after taxes, and now has to slut it up to get more tips. You can make it make sense without being bad. Hell you can make the employer evil by stealing her wages and saying it's taxes... Once again you can make these things work.
We're not meant to respect Julia, we're meant to say "Ha, dumb bitch!" She literally gives her landlord blowjobs and then PAYS him. She walks around the mall with her tits hanging out and wonders why everyone was looking/so nice to her. She thinks people are professional photographers cause they want to take slutty pics of her with cell phones, etc. I promise that the developer knows that jobs don't pay a wage AND steal your tips, it's intentional to further degrade Julia. The game is not "Julia, life's hard even when you're doing everything right" it's "Julia Young and DUMB"

The game engine and playing through the week are absolute trash but the stuff like her being taken advantage of and just being a dumb slut is the games only saving grace.

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
I'm totally with people wanting her to be exploited. That is the point of the game. I'm here for that too.

I just think the the author could do better than this.

Let me give you an example that makes sense.

Julia ask for a job, the boss says sure, you start tomorrow. The shift is minimum wadge plus tips. Julia works her shift, and then she gets paid... 53 bucks. Julia is confused, thinking minimum wage is 6*14=112 bucks + tips of 20 = 132 total. The boss then informs her about taxes, California taxes are high. The boss then lies about how taxes work and steals a ton of her wages. Julia then accepts it and continues to work there getting robed by her employer. (Note just increase the rent to to scale to this higher base amount and it's the same thing mechanically.)

Now we end up in the same situation, but it's realistic for a dumb person to understand. OHHHHH taxes I didnt know how they work, guess I should work extra hard for tips.

NO ONE is sooooo dumb that they work for free without an excuse. It's lazy. You should expect better.

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
I'll hold off before reviewing this one and just leave a couple of thoughts for now.

On one hand, the engine is cludgey and frustrating to use, the daily scenes repetitive and frustrating, and the art is passable at best.

On the other, I download it each time, and I suppose that's the best test of whether it's got legs or not.

In any case, I see what the dev is trying to do and wish him luck!

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
Really miss the built in fast forward option built into Ren'Py., Also missing a function to skip ahead of days. Last time GameMaker Studio was updated was in 2015, som maybe it's time to move on to something newer..? Python shouldn't be programmatically harder to master compared to Delphi. But if dev going to stick tuning the Lada game engine to perfection..:rolleyes: ..then at least introduce an ability skip ahead of time, and add option to cycle through texts and scenes way faster.

Last edited:

BottomAllTheWay

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
I hope there will be anal and double penetration for Julia in the future.
Have patience and you will be satisfied ;)

Anyone having issues with the pixelation? Images are quite blurry :( might be my PC....?
not just you, having the same problem since the last update.
Thank you for this feedback I will definitely look into it, I think I know what the cause of the problem might be. I will try to have it fixed by the next update.

Priappus

Engaged Member
Nov 21, 2019
this game is very hot.I would like it if there were hot scenes with the very beautiful sister of the protagonist.Thanks.

Reactions: Nalogan

Buffman666

Feb 21, 2021
Have patience and you will be satisfied ;)

Thank you for this feedback I will definitely look into it, I think I know what the cause of the problem might be. I will try to have it fixed by the next update.
That's awesome, thank you... this is my image, not sure if other people have same issues, but it's pixelated quite a bit around the edges:

1667413784660.png

klon35

Sep 10, 2020
Does anyone know if the game can be translated into other languages? If yes, then how? Thanks.

3.10 star(s) 24 Votes