zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well i don't know i can't get it to play after i downloaded it and unpack it the screen comes uo but there are no word and then i get an error.

Poomis

Sep 10, 2021
Anyone know how to defeat the Spirit tree? Or around what level? I'm 45 and the boss seem to have infinite health and infinite damage.
im getting a error too cant start the game said "piture blue" and some japanese whats your and what download did you use

knuthamsun

Aug 1, 2020
im getting a error too cant start the game said "piture blue" and some japanese whats your and what download did you use
I just downloaded the game here, maybe mega or anon files, maybe?? I just followed the instructions and I got to play no problems at all.

Verasmile

May 18, 2019
You're missing the RPG Maker client required to play on the engine the game runs. Since the language localization is kinda fucked, I just downloaded every RPG maker client until I got it to work.

You can download their packages

Run their setups and reload the game, should be working at that point.
Have you found out which of all of them is the correct ones?

krururu

Dec 24, 2018
Have you found out which of all of them is the correct ones?
To play RPG Maker games, you will need
1) The correct RTP installed
2) System locale in Japanese before extracting the files.

If you like RPG Maker games, you should install all of them (There's 5 in total) and set system locale to Japanese, and all your games will run with no problems.

For Jumble Jokers, you need RPG Maker XP installed. Remember to have system locale set to Japanese.

Verasmile

May 18, 2019
To play RPG Maker games, you will need
1) The correct RTP installed
2) System locale in Japanese before extracting the files.

If you like RPG Maker games, you should install all of them (There's 5 in total) and set system locale to Japanese, and all your games will run with no problems.

For Jumble Jokers, you need RPG Maker XP installed. Remember to have system locale set to Japanese.
Thanks for the exact "model", I already had few others of the RPG Makers. But why setting all to Japanese?
Also, now the game actually launch and I see the main menu, but there's literally not a single word on sight. I can select the things, but there's totally no text.
And after startin a new game (or at least I think it's what I press) I get this error.
1635264616410.png

krururu

Dec 24, 2018
And after startin a new game (or at least I think it's what I press) I get this error.
View attachment 1469957
Simply put, Japanese RPGMaker games need Japanese system locale to run properly because the program cannot read the path properly without it. You will get error messages like "the file is missing" or "can't load/create object", or stuff like you showed if you try to load the game in a different locale.

You can google how to change the system locale, or refer the steps here:

Follow only the first portion for change system locale to Japanese if you are following my link.
Note: You do not need to change language to Japanese. Only change the system locale.

Reactions: Verasmile

Verasmile

May 18, 2019
Simply put, Japanese RPGMaker games need Japanese system locale to run properly because the program cannot read the path properly without it. You will get error messages like "the file is missing" or "can't load/create object", or stuff like you showed if you try to load the game in a different locale.

Follow only the first portion for change system locale to Japanese if you are following my link.
Note: You do not need to change language to Japanese. Only change the system locale.
Isn't enought to extract the files with the JIS language? It worked with all the other games

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Oh my!
Same shit, different decade, huh?
It's *not* like these errors haven't been discussed TO THE EFFING DEATH a good couple of times already in the thread... Or something.
Isn't enought to extract the files with the JIS language? It worked with all the other games
Guess you were lucky till now? Think of it this way: yeah, the filenames are correct since you've done the extraction with the correct codepage... But. What do you think will happen when the game code comes to e.g. "and now let's load \Graphics\Pictures\057 - コピー.png" in non-JP locale... It will say to itself: "whatthefaq?! there is no '057 - ??—.png' there!" Yeah; error.
So, if you do NOT want no text in the main menu, and you do NOT want error when starting a new game, and you do NOT want potential error when saving/loading, and you do NOT want error when entering the slug cave, and you do NOT want errors in-battle - they will all kick you out of the game BTW; then yes, please follow those instructions.
I also sort of get the sense you just don't want to change your actual system locale - that's where the software 'Locale Emulator' comes in. Start the .exe with that, and your golden.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well every time i download this game there are know words just blank boxes so i can't play it then an error comes up.

Verasmile

May 18, 2019
well every time i download this game there are know words just blank boxes so i can't play it then an error comes up.
I guess we have the same issues, which means the solution should be this one for you as well.

Oh my!
It's *not* like these errors haven't been discussed TO THE EFFING DEATH a good couple of times already in the thread... Or something.Guess you were lucky till now? Think of it this way: yeah, the filenames are correct since you've done the extraction with the correct codepage... But. What do you think will happen when the game code comes to e.g. "and now let's load \Graphics\Pictures\057 - コピー.png" in non-JP locale... It will say to itself: "whatthefaq?! there is no '057 - ??—.png' there!" Yeah; error.
So, if you do NOT want no text in the main menu, and you do NOT want error when starting a new game, and you do NOT want potential error when saving/loading, and you do NOT want error when entering the slug cave, and you do NOT want errors in-battle - they will all kick you out of the game BTW; then yes, please follow those instructions.
I also sort of get the sense you just don't want to change your actual system locale - that's where the software 'Locale Emulator' comes in. Start the .exe with that, and your golden.

Verasmile

May 18, 2019
Oh my!
It's *not* like these errors haven't been discussed TO THE EFFING DEATH a good couple of times already in the thread... Or something.Guess you were lucky till now? Think of it this way: yeah, the filenames are correct since you've done the extraction with the correct codepage... But. What do you think will happen when the game code comes to e.g. "and now let's load \Graphics\Pictures\057 - コピー.png" in non-JP locale... It will say to itself: "whatthefaq?! there is no '057 - ??—.png' there!" Yeah; error.
I guess my "golden" is more like a fake one, as apparently it doesn't even start when I try to launch it with LE. I do the right-click and tell him to launch it in japanese, but then nothing happens. So I tried to launch it by double-clicking the game, and it goes back with no text at all.
Is there something I'm still missing? I tried to launch Jumble Strikers (the sequel) the same way, and it works perfectly with it.

Last edited:

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I guess my "golden" is more like a fake one, as apparently it doesn't even start when I try to launch it with LE. I do the right-click and tell him to launch it in japanese, but then nothing happens. So I tried to launch it by double-clicking the game, and it goes back with no text at all.
Is there something I'm still missing? I tried to launch Jumble Strikers (the sequel) the same way, and it works perfectly with it.
Holy hell, first time I ever had the mispleasure of noticing myself spell 'your' instead of 'you're', after the fact... Ouch. Only thing that would have made me slap myself more, if I were to somehow have used might/could/should 'of' as opposed to 'have'.

Self-flagellation aside, Strikers is in fact made with a different game engine, RPG Maker MV, which 99.99% of the time doesn't even need JP locale/locale emulation... Well, this is gonna be a tough cookie, since RPG Maker XP -which Jokers uses-, is a rather old engine, and there ain't a whole bunch of others you can try, for troubleshooting purposes.
I guess you must at least have the RTP for it correctly installed, otherwise it would just (not) start up, with a missing file error.
And I guess you have the game correctly extracted; thing is, now that I rechecked, the OP has been updated recently, and the DLs shared are actually in .7z and not .zip format, so that shouldn't be a problem at all anymore for people getting the game from here. At any rate, the only files that could prove troublesome are '057 - コピー.png', 'スタッフロール.png' and '精霊樹.png' in the Graphics\Characters folder - check if they look okay. Though be advised, for whatever reason, when you don't start with JP locale / locale emulation, it's the 'z0**.png's in the Pictures folder that cause a game-crashing error during battles at the climax scenes, if I remember correctly. Anyhoo, get a pre-patched version from the OP.

Also, just for fun, make sure to try to run the .exe from a very "easy" folder, ergo put the game's files and folders in somewhere like 'D:\Games\JJ v115\', making sure there are no special characters in the path name (for example your User name if you were to extract it somewhere under it) and it's not too long. Also also, get the trial version from dlsite ( - purple 'Download Demo'), and see if the same shit happens with that as well.
Does LE work with other JP RPG Maker games, like VX/VX Ace? Because if you get the same non-start reaction, then most probably you have effed something up with the LE installation, so you should just consult its documentation and make sure to correctly uninstall it, and properly install the latest ( ), v2.5.0.1. I guess it wouldn't hurt to uninstall-reinstall it regardless.

And if you have the time, read through the thread from the beginning, since this really was kinda-sorta discussed to hell and back - though the conclusion basically is what I just wrote here and krururu a few posts above; still, maybe you can spot something that can help.
Finally, if all else fails, you can decide to bite the bullet and just restart in JP locale (I can 100% guarantee if you just change it, try to run the game even if only for troubleshooting and curiosity, then change it back - no harm will come to your system).

Verasmile

May 18, 2019
Holy hell, first time I ever had the mispleasure of noticing myself spell 'your' instead of 'you're', after the fact... Ouch. Only thing that would have made me slap myself more, if I were to somehow have used might/could/should 'of' as opposed to 'have'.

Self-flagellation aside, Strikers is in fact made with a different game engine, RPG Maker MV, which 99.99% of the time doesn't even need JP locale/locale emulation... Well, this is gonna be a tough cookie, since RPG Maker XP -which Jokers uses-, is a rather old engine, and there ain't a whole bunch of others you can try, for troubleshooting purposes.
I guess you must at least have the RTP for it correctly installed, otherwise it would just (not) start up, with a missing file error.
And I guess you have the game correctly extracted; thing is, now that I rechecked, the OP has been updated recently, and the DLs shared are actually in .7z and not .zip format, so that shouldn't be a problem at all anymore for people getting the game from here. At any rate, the only files that could prove troublesome are '057 - コピー.png', 'スタッフロール.png' and '精霊樹.png' in the Graphics\Characters folder - check if they look okay. Though be advised, for whatever reason, when you don't start with JP locale / locale emulation, it's the 'z0**.png's in the Pictures folder that cause a game-crashing error during battles at the climax scenes, if I remember correctly. Anyhoo, get a pre-patched version from the OP.

Also, just for fun, make sure to try to run the .exe from a very "easy" folder, ergo put the game's files and folders in somewhere like 'D:\Games\JJ v115\', making sure there are no special characters in the path name (for example your User name if you were to extract it somewhere under it) and it's not too long. Also also, get the trial version from dlsite ( - purple 'Download Demo'), and see if the same shit happens with that as well.
Does LE work with other JP RPG Maker games, like VX/VX Ace? Because if you get the same non-start reaction, then most probably you have effed something up with the LE installation, so you should just consult its documentation and make sure to correctly uninstall it, and properly install the latest ( ), v2.5.0.1. I guess it wouldn't hurt to uninstall-reinstall it regardless.

And if you have the time, read through the thread from the beginning, since this really was kinda-sorta discussed to hell and back - though the conclusion basically is what I just wrote here and krururu a few posts above; still, maybe you can spot something that can help.
Finally, if all else fails, you can decide to bite the bullet and just restart in JP locale (I can 100% guarantee if you just change it, try to run the game even if only for troubleshooting and curiosity, then change it back - no harm will come to your system).
As per kinda dumb as it sounds, moving the folder to a "simpler path" worked immediatly. For other games I have no issue to launch them in the same folder as I store them, but for this one apparently I need to move it to actually play it.

Verasmile

May 18, 2019
This seems the same issue I had. Here's the solution for you as well.

Aug 6, 2020
Yo can I get some help with the final boss? The spirit tree is annoying. Might just power level really hard but wanna know if there is a gimmick.

Edit: NVM I just power leveled a few times and then turned a lot of elixir's into hp boosters. It was trivial after that.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 19 Votes