DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
She is only in this KN/Comic. And she will be in my future game still as Margaret.
Any information you can tell us about your future game with Margaret?
will it be a game where we play as Margaret and can make choices (if so I’d subscribe) or is it amother kinetic novel?

Mando Logica

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2020
Any information you can tell us about your future game with Margaret?
Well... I am still working on the plot, but to summarize it, do you know "The Tyrant" game? Margaret and her son will enter this gang's world to save Nicole and her family. Actually, it will be mentioned in this KN/Comic in chapter 32 or 33 that Margaret has two sisters. Nicole is one of them and the other one will show up in the KN/Comic. I will keep Nicole's figure as she is and will make some changes in some Nicole's family members and relationships. In the Tyrant fan art thread, you can see the new looks I did for Irina and Alexis.

will it be a game where we play as Margaret and can make choices
You will play as the son. It will be a male protagonist game but Margaret will have a big role in the game. And yes, it will be a game with choices, not KN. To be honest, I thought first to make Margaret the MC of the game, but it won't work because Margaret is a strong female character and very faithful to her son. Also, I guess some players will complain and ask why they can't degrade the female protagonist :). I can't do that to Margaret. I can't degrade or humiliate her. That's why I decided to make it a male protagonist game.

if so I’d subscribe
Wait until I release the game, and then you decide ;)

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Well... I am still working on the plot, but to summarize it, do you know "The Tyrant" game? Margaret and her son will enter this gang's world to save Nicole and her family.
Uff...tbh, that Nuked my anticipation into ground Zero. Nethertheless good luck with the new Project!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mando Logica

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Well... I am still working on the plot, but to summarize it, do you know "The Tyrant" game? Margaret and her son will enter this gang's world to save Nicole and her family. Actually, it will be mentioned in this KN/Comic in chapter 32 or 33 that Margaret has two sisters. Nicole is one of them and the other one will show up in the KN/Comic. I will keep Nicole's figure as she is and will make some changes in some Nicole's family members and relationships. In the Tyrant fan art thread, you can see the new looks I did for Irina and Alexis.

You will play as the son. It will be a male protagonist game but Margaret will have a big role in the game. And yes, it will be a game with choices, not KN. To be honest, I thought first to make Margaret the MC of the game, but it won't work because Margaret is a strong female character and very faithful to her son. Also, I guess some players will complain and ask why they can't degrade the female protagonist :). I can't do that to Margaret. I can't degrade or humiliate her. That's why I decided to make it a male protagonist game.

Wait until I release the game, and then you decide ;)
I have played the tyrant awhile ago, beautiful babes in that game but I stopped playing cause even if you killed Davide, he kept showing up in the game, not sure if they fixed that yet. But your story sounds good. Good luck with it

Reactions: Mando Logica

Mando Logica

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2020
I have played the tyrant awhile ago, beautiful babes in that game but I stopped playing cause even if you killed Davide, he kept showing up in the game, not sure if they fixed that yet. But your story sounds good. Good luck with it
I stopped playing it too. I am just inspired by the game's plot, but the events will be totally different. Also, the genre will be different. Anyway, it is still under brainstorming, and I am getting feedback to have the final decision on what to do.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
The Mac version seems to be damaged. I've tried downloading from Anonfile and Mega, both archives couldn't be uncompressed.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
I think the latest Mac OS doesn't allow Renpy to launch. I don't know why. But someone here said that on Monterey OS the game does work. Here the post is: https://f95zone.to/threads/just-for-you-kinetic-novel-v3-0-mando-logica.119016/post-8263801
I do have Monterey, and some other Ren'py games work normally. I had a look at the executable in "autorun", it only contains a few lines of garbage, which is normal for an executable, but only a few lines, which is weird. Maybe something went wrong when Ren'py compiled the game?

Mando Logica

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2020
I do have Monterey, and some other Ren'py games work normally. I had a look at the executable in "autorun", it only contains a few lines of garbage, which is normal for an executable, but only a few lines, which is weird. Maybe something went wrong when Ren'py compiled the game?
I will try to re-compile it. Just give me a day or two. Also, I will PM you to test it together first.

Reactions: Udayana

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I think the latest Mac OS doesn't allow Renpy to launch. I don't know why. But someone here said that on Monterey OS the game does work. Here the post is: https://f95zone.to/threads/just-for-you-kinetic-novel-v3-0-mando-logica.119016/post-8263801
Mac and multi-media, imaging, video production, virtual audio recording studio... things like that and Mac are a match made in heaven.

However, Mac has traditionally sucked rotten monkey balls when it comes to running gaming systems. It is always extra work to get any gaming engine to run on a Mac, always has been whereas PC is generally plug and play simple. PC has always been better for games. Since this kinetic AVN runs in the Ren'Py gaming engine... well... you can connect the dots...

Peace out, Phat:cool:(y)

Reactions: th3_fr4gil3

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
I think the latest Mac OS doesn't allow Renpy to launch.
MacOS (not only the latest one) doesn't allow, by default, unverified applications to launch. But if you right-click on the app's icon and choose "Open", you can bypass the system's security settings, which you can modify if you want.
PapaPhat I remember the time when Windows wasn't "plug and play" but "plug and pray". Is it over?
The behaviour of MacOS is the same with any application, game or not. By default, it won't allow an application to launch if its origin can't be verified.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
MacOS (not only the latest one) doesn't allow, by default, unverified applications to launch. But if you right-click on the app's icon and choose "Open", you can bypass the system's security settings, which you can modify if you want.
PapaPhat I remember the time when Windows wasn't "plug and play" but "plug and pray". Is it over?
Never experienced what you refer to as plug and pray. My games have always worked on my PC's, even my old IBM with the 800 Mhz P3 potato...

I am a retired pro bassist. When I needed to run ProTools to record, the engineer better have a Mac but for gaming... no thanks. I've always preferred PC for gaming. You don't scuba dive in sky diving gear and you don't sky dive in scuba gear. Never reach for the wrong tool for the job... I learned that very early on from my father who taught me every tool in his shop.

I don't doubt that improvements to Mac OS have made it more compatible with gaming. However, I still prefer PC for games.

It's really a matter of personal preference, choice and perception. So, I have nothing against you or your choices. We all have our own wants and needs. This really is a tomato tomahto, potato potahto situation. So, I will not argue either side. Let's call the whole thing off... :devilish:(y)

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I did, I must be older than you.
Thanks for your advice, friend. Fear of the unknown is the worst thing in a human being's life. Be blessed.
Older than Phat? Doubtful... I am 112 considering one is only as old as one feels, 56 chronologically... (It's the ultra high mileage more than the number of years)

I just couldn't stand to look at the poor graphics that were passing as games before the late 90's. That boxy crap hurt my eyes and caused migraines. So, I played pinball, billiards, darts and table top RPG's right through the early days of digital gaming... when I wasn't playing bass for one group or another. I learned PC on Windows 3.2, we marveled at the new smaller floppy size, still kept our data on large tape drives in a central mainframe and I have been threatening to go Linux ever since... currently using Win10, dreading Win11 and may finally make the switch. I already swapped out MS Office for Apache Open Office about 10 years ago. Hell, these days you can't even purchase a software license, you can only rent one. SMH... Corporate greed is all that is...

Anyway... Phat is just rambling on at this point. Thanks for sharing insights here in forum. You're a good egg for sharing, my friend. Adventure ever on, Phat:cool:(y)

PS: We both seem to be enamored by Margaret. So, we have that in common. Seems we are of a similar age as well. We old geezers need to stick together, right? Looking forward to seeing what Mando Logica has in store for us in Margaret's next adventure.:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

Mando Logica

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2020
For Mac users, please use the following link for version 3 until the OP is updated:

• Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat
3.50 star(s) 16 Votes