Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
No thanks I prefer play it as dominant character. Not intersted to by someone pet. Neighter to the girl proposed to teach kal everything. I rather be in control. Too bat in that cutscene the girl who porposed I see no option to refuse.
There's always an option to refuse. Kaly can be sub, dominant or switch

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
There's always an option to refuse. Kaly can be sub, dominant or switch

Video clip with that specifc part. Only 2 option ther with no chance to refuse Sine I don't like be submissive. It could be great to have third option as well. Like: "Look to some one else." or "Thanks but no thanks."

Last edited:

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019

Video clip with that specifc part. Only 2 option ther with no chance to refuse Sine I don't like be submissive. It could be great to have third option as well. Like: "Look to some one else." or "Thanks but no thanks."
But that's on the quest line to join the Puppeteers. In that particular place, she must join as a submissive. And in the future she'll be able to work her way up to become a dom or find shortcuts for that.

• Sad
Reactions: 88Michele88

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
But that's on the quest line to join the Puppeteers. In that particular place, she must join as a submissive. And in the future she'll be able to work her way up to become a dom or find shortcuts for that.
I redther refuse to submit as i refuse to become someone pet not my cup of tea.
So we can't enter as dom? :cry:.

Last edited:

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
I noticed the all enemies leveling up when whe we level up and in ar long it become more difficult to bit the enemies. Whe the enemies need to level up along side Kaly. When I come to L.5, L.6, L.30 the are 6 level above us. it frustrating. i a game where we level up all enemi are stuck at the same leve we last see them belove us after 30 level the are stack at the same leve we first time meter them in first place, in all other games. But here is seem after 33 leveling up they are much higher then us. WTH it become a nightmer to win a fight!

Last edited:

GucciGang69

Dec 22, 2019
i want to play, but i cant get passed the first quest. i cant find anything.
They are currently remaking and optimizing the game since it full of bugs. I also will wait for them to finish the chapter 1( Its been along time since I play the game so forgive for not being able to give you help). Trust me the dev know what they are doing unlike other.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Well, now that I took the plunge and started sponsoring (to the dev, nope, you will not see "ouch2020" as sponsor), since anyway the dev comes to F95, I have a few of suggestions (of course, the fact I make does not mean they have any impact :)) for the devs, after playing again "in the right order" (meaning, restarting from the prologue, 0.22)...
I expect some "facepalm reaction", but I don't really care :), I have high hopes for the game, so, I spent a bit of time to try and look at it :).

1) Really focus on progressing the prologue and completing the quests you have already put in it and are saying "not implemented yet" (like the one about the pump/inundation).
I know I am not talking for everybody, but I am also sure I am not the only one that thinks the video quality is great (though I am biased by being one of those with fairly good graphic cards), and it seems you even corrected some glitch indicated in the past (body ;-) physics), so it would be good that people can use the game a bit more, even if to put contents you have to sacrifice something in terms of further graphics improvements.

2) You said you want to update to Unreal 5 before you complete the prologue and put the "legacy" content in the new version, so that is going to happen, but unless there is a real technical need (e.g. correction of some bug affecting the game, or complete discontinuation of the previous), avoid getting on "always the latest technology" complex (seen it even for work).
I don't think I am the only one who prefers you stay on one version and continue to develop the story and the content, rather than constantly redoing everything to be on the last version of the engine.

3) You may want to correct something that will be needed anyway after, about the variables and modifiers. To try to what could change the status from "menacing" I had to get her naked at the start, and even then it would still say she was "menacing" in the inventory, though when crossing some bandits later, it was calculating correctly the values (well, being naked of course some values were high... :)) - it's true that especially in the prologue she is very deadly and my guess is that nobody (except perverts like me :)) will try to make her use characteristics other than her fighting skills or dress with anything that is not the full armor, but still...

4) Some of the animations are wrong (though similar ones were good in the legacy version) - again, it is the animations for perverts like me :) making her also do sexual stuff instead of slicing her way through everybody she meets, but in certain situations, the expectation is that while the guy stands, she doesn't, or that while the other lady goes is on the floor, she does not stand up there.

5) I guess the preferences about the sexual stuff before starting the game is always meant toward Kalyskah (e.g. "male domination" means a male dominating her, "female domination" means a female dominating her, "spanking" means someone spanking her, "romance" means a character trying to romance her), but it would be nice if it was clearer, given that later if one wants to see what other options there are, the first thing that appears is "dominate them".
Incidentally, if one tries not to fight and fail, would it seem strange if she should still has the possibility of fighting back ?

6) A map, even a partial one and one that is not dynamic (i.e. not shown on the screen all the time), would be great, and at least for the place she knows already (her palace), the fact she knows the area would not be something strange.

7) The indicator on top of the screen about direction is a very good idea, but if it could add up the name on top of the exclamation points, or at least not show anymore the ones that are already out of the quest, would be great (well, if there is the map, that would probably be less important).

8) Maybe already foreseen, but, back to the "legacy", after she gets up, the first fight is mandatory as such, but maybe when she has enough blood energy reached, instead of always having to fight for the first part, she could decide to try freeing them, like she can do after. If she succeeds it would make sense that it also counts as experience (and I don't mean sexual :), so, even if she frees them without "thanking them") - in the prologue, she says explicitly one of the ways to be suseful was magic, and it would be normal that the more she uses it sucessfully, the more she gets it back, even if she almost only the vision, the "blood" and the charming.

9) About the quests, when you talk with some characters, on the screen it is not updated correctly, but the in the inventory it is - at the same time, I think it was already reported and corrected, but it was possible to throw away by mistake a crate (and even the captain) making it impossible to complete the related quest.

Well, hope at least something is useful, we will see how it goes in future :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Enigmanic

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Any info about the date of next uptade?
We'll release it after we are done cleaning up some of the old code and we are 100% sure that the game is stable. Also after we add a new erotic cutscene. The patron update should happen somewhere around this month. We can't guarantee when the public demo will happen because we tend to avoid publishing it when we have too many WIP features that weren't been properly tested yet.

1) Really focus on progressing the prologue and completing the quests you have already put in it and are saying "not implemented yet" (like the one about the pump/inundation).
Moving the story forward is our biggest priority at the moment. And we have the programmer rebuilding the framework in the background, trying to keep the transition to old programming and new programming as seamless as possible while me and the animator go on with adding more cutscenes to the game.

4) Some of the animations are wrong (though similar ones were good in the legacy version) - again, it is the animations for perverts like me :) making her also do sexual stuff instead of slicing her way through everybody she meets, but in certain situations, the expectation is that while the guy stands, she doesn't, or that while the other lady goes is on the floor, she does not stand up there.
That issue was reported to us and it will be fixed after the programmer is done with the core of the NPC behaviour, the next step will be improving\fixing the sex simulator.

5) I guess the preferences about the sexual stuff before starting the game is always meant toward Kalyskah (e.g. "male domination" means a male dominating her, "female domination" means a female dominating her, "spanking" means someone spanking her, "romance" means a character trying to romance her), but it would be nice if it was clearer, given that later if one wants to see what other options there are, the first thing that appears is "dominate them".
Incidentally, if one tries not to fight and fail, would it seem strange if she should still has the possibility of fighting back ?
We rather avoid dubious-con or non-con content so because of that, she'll always have the option to fight back or try to trick the enemies to stop attacking her in case she loses a fight.

6) A map, even a partial one and one that is not dynamic (i.e. not shown on the screen all the time), would be great, and at least for the place she knows already (her palace), the fact she knows the area would not be something strange.
That's on the To-Do list, but it will take us several months to do it. The biggest priority is working on the story and fixing core mechanics before we implement anything new.

7) The indicator on top of the screen about direction is a very good idea, but if it could add up the name on top of the exclamation points, or at least not show anymore the ones that are already out of the quest, would be great (well, if there is the map, that would probably be less important).
That's a good idea, I'll note it. Should be faster to implement it instead of a map.

8) Maybe already foreseen, but, back to the "legacy", after she gets up, the first fight is mandatory as such, but maybe when she has enough blood energy reached, instead of always having to fight for the first part, she could decide to try freeing them, like she can do after. If she succeeds it would make sense that it also counts as experience (and I don't mean sexual :), so, even if she frees them without "thanking them") - in the prologue, she says explicitly one of the ways to be suseful was magic, and it would be normal that the more she uses it sucessfully, the more she gets it back, even if she almost only the vision, the "blood" and the charming.
It's important to the story that she has to kill at least one of her acolytes in order to proceed to the dungeon. It's part of what makes her traumatized by the betrayal. So we can't add other options to progress on the first fight.

9) About the quests, when you talk with some characters, on the screen it is not updated correctly, but the in the inventory it is - at the same time, I think it was already reported and corrected, but it was possible to throw away by mistake a crate (and even the captain) making it impossible to complete the related quest.
This issue was already fixed on the lastest patron release. We made that the captain gets teleported back to where he should be if you throw him to the sea.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
It's important to the story that she has to kill at least one of her acolytes in order to proceed to the dungeon. It's part of what makes her traumatized by the betrayal. So we can't add other options to progress on the first fight.
Thanks for your very constructive reply !

Just one thing, on this one, I probably did not explain well enough what I meant.
I understand what you say, and it makes perfect sense, having to kill one of her lieutentants, even more considering she "made" them, is clearly something that can make her understand something went very wrong.

But I was not really referring to Michael, I was thinking about the others.
When I had played the legacy, maybe it was really a legacy version (as in, very old), but after she won with Michael, she met a number of hexblades.
Even if they were saying "make it stop", "free me" etc., the only option I had was to fight and kill them, I was not given any other possibility.
Only after crossing and "dispatching" a few of them, when I opened the door to what seemed the main hall, right before I would meet the demoness, I started getting the possibility of chosing other options
Those were the ones I was referring to, the ones after Michael and before that hall.

If she is all on the killing and slashing (I guess that will be established in the prologue, depending on the choices of the play), then it is coherent she replies immediately with dealy actions to any attempt to attack her.
But the way I was it in the prologue (aside the sexual stuff), looking at the variables and choices, it seems she can also be kind of a stern figure but that somehow cares (maybe is the wrong word) about her fledglings, so for me it made sense that even if they are coming charging at her, she may decide to first try to put some sense on them peacefully, especially because she knows magic and can see they are under influence, and only if it fails and cannot avoid it, kill them.
But it can be that I misunderstood something, and you want to build more the sense of betrayal, by making her directly attacked and obliged to fight by multiple Hexblades before she starts being able to chose other possibilities.

Sorry for the ISPOILER stuff, but I don't want to ruin the suprise for people that have still to try it, I am sure most will like it, keep up the good work !

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Thanks for your very constructive reply !

Just one thing, on this one, I probably did not explain well enough what I meant.
I understand what you say, and it makes perfect sense, having to kill one of her lieutentants, even more considering she "made" them, is clearly something that can make her understand something went very wrong.

But I was not really referring to Michael, I was thinking about the others.
When I had played the legacy, maybe it was really a legacy version (as in, very old), but after she won with Michael, she met a number of hexblades.
Even if they were saying "make it stop", "free me" etc., the only option I had was to fight and kill them, I was not given any other possibility.
Only after crossing and "dispatching" a few of them, when I opened the door to what seemed the main hall, right before I would meet the demoness, I started getting the possibility of chosing other options
Those were the ones I was referring to, the ones after Michael and before that hall.

If she is all on the killing and slashing (I guess that will be established in the prologue, depending on the choices of the play), then it is coherent she replies immediately with dealy actions to any attempt to attack her.
But the way I was it in the prologue (aside the sexual stuff), looking at the variables and choices, it seems she can also be kind of a stern figure but that somehow cares (maybe is the wrong word) about her fledglings, so for me it made sense that even if they are coming charging at her, she may decide to first try to put some sense on them peacefully, especially because she knows magic and can see they are under influence, and only if it fails and cannot avoid it, kill them.
But it can be that I misunderstood something, and you want to build more the sense of betrayal, by making her directly attacked and obliged to fight by multiple Hexblades before she starts being able to chose other possibilities.

Sorry for the ISPOILER stuff, but I don't want to ruin the suprise for people that have still to try it, I am sure most will like it, keep up the good work !
If you lose to the hexblades there's an option that shows saying that she can try to remove the charm from them. Even seduce them. That might be reworked when we reach that moment in development again. But the idea I had in my head when I made that the options only show up when she loses to the acolytes was more thinking: "what if she refuses to fight her own people?" and then the player would discover that this would be a way to give her a chance to free them from the charm and maybe even make them go with a smile on their face.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
If you lose to the hexblades there's an option that shows saying that she can try to remove the charm from them. Even seduce them. That might be reworked when we reach that moment in development again. But the idea I had in my head when I made that the options only show up when she loses to the acolytes was more thinking: "what if she refuses to fight her own people?" and then the player would discover that this would be a way to give her a chance to free them from the charm and maybe even make them go with a smile on their face.
Uh, thanks. Maybe it was an old version, but it was not working really well for all.
When I met the later ones, if I did not go for the slashing, they would eventually do an attack, and then I would effectively get the option to fight, or try to free them from the spell, with or without seduction.
Which indeed I think is the best - this way, as you say, people can choose to slash their way through, free them (well, they are her "children"), or even thank them for their service (well, they have been waiting for her for a loooong time ;-)).
But for the first ones I encounter after Micheal, I tried to wait, but the option did not appear - after the second or third attack from them, I had to fight back to avoid getting killed and restarting (in one play, I waited, and ended up that way).

Maybe was a bug in the old version, anyway, it is not in the prologue, so, it will take some time before you have the opportunity to check that.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Kalyskah Hey there, just gave the demo a quick play and it seems really promising so far. Just one thing irked me, if I remove Kalyskah's clothes, after talking to an NPC or using a transformation, she starts wearing a bikini. To make it go away I have to again equip/unequip a piece of clothing. Any plans on fixing this anytime soon?

I'll keep testing the game in the following days to see all it has to offer, and I look forward to you guys' progress!
This is probably an issue with our Streamer Mode. In the future we'll review it to make it more consistent.

Uh, thanks. Maybe it was an old version, but it was not working really well for all.
When I met the later ones, if I did not go for the slashing, they would eventually do an attack, and then I would effectively get the option to fight, or try to free them from the spell, with or without seduction.
Which indeed I think is the best - this way, as you say, people can choose to slash their way through, free them (well, they are her "children"), or even thank them for their service (well, they have been waiting for her for a loooong time ;-)).
But for the first ones I encounter after Micheal, I tried to wait, but the option did not appear - after the second or third attack from them, I had to fight back to avoid getting killed and restarting (in one play, I waited, and ended up that way).

Maybe was a bug in the old version, anyway, it is not in the prologue, so, it will take some time before you have the opportunity to check that.
Yeah, will take us a while until we add the legacy content back. There's a lot we need to work on in the prologue and we plan to move to Unreal 5 before re-adding the legacy content.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Is moving to UE5 going to make the game even more hardware demanding than it already is?
-----UE5 official recommended
Windows 10 64-bit version 1909 revision .1350 or higher, or versions 2004 and 20H2 revision .789 or higher.
Quad-core Intel or AMD, 2.5 GHz or faster
8 GB RAM
DirectX 11 or 12 compatible graphics card
  • DirectX 11: Latest drivers
  • DirectX 12: Latest drivers
  • Vulkan: AMD (21.11.3+) and NVIDIA (496.76+)
-----UE5 official minimum
Windows 10
Direct X End-User runtime (June 2010)

Some features have different requirements (no idea if used in Kalyskah)

Lumen Global Illumination and Reflections

Software Ray Tracing:
  • Video cards using DirectX 11 with support for Shader Model 5
Hardware Ray Tracing:
  • Windows 10 with DirectX 12 support
  • Video cards must be NVIDIA RTX-2000 series and higher, or AMD RX-6000 series and higher

Nanite Virtualized Geometry

• All newer version of Windows 10 (newer than version 1909.1350) and Windows 11 with support for are supported.
    • Windows 10 version 1909 — The revision number should exceed or be equal to .1350.
    • Windows 10 version 2004 and 20H2 — The revision number should exceed or be equal to .789.
    • DirectX 12 (with Shader Model 6.6 atomics), or Vulkan (VK_KHR_shader_atomic_int64)
  • Latest Graphics Drivers

Virtual Shadow Maps

• All newer version of Windows 10 (newer than version 1909.1350) and Windows 11 with support for are supported.
    • Windows 10 version 1909 — The revision number should exceed or be equal to .1350.
    • Windows 10 version 2004 and 20H2 — The revision number should exceed or be equal to .789.
    • DirectX 12 (with Shader Model 6.6 atomics), or Vulkan (VK_KHR_shader_atomic_int64)
  • Latest Graphics Drivers

Temporal Super Resolution

Runs on any video card that supports Shader Model 5, but the limit of 8UAVs per shader has performance implications. Temporal Super Resolution shaders compile with 16bit types enabled on D3D12 that supports Shader Model 6.

Typical development PC used at Epic

• Windows 10 64-bit (Version 20H2)
  • 64 GB RAM
  • 256 GB SSD (OS Drive)
  • 2 TB SSD (Data Drive)
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
  • Xoreax Incredibuild (Dev Tools Package)
  • Six-Core Xeon E5-2643 @ 3.4GHz

This is all the info from Epic/Unreal ( )
In reality, the development PC honestly is the one that may have to be considered a good guideline, not the minimum requirements.
Typically to see if the performances are OK, developers look at their own computer.
Unfortunately, to make them be able to develop faster, those tend to be bigger than the basic (even the average) computer people have at home (the ones at Epic seems not to exaggerate too much, but notice the 64GB RAM, and that the processor is a Xeon). I remember years ago some conversation with a developer who pointed out that problem himself.
For a game like Kalyskah, I would imagine and expect that the memory is less of a problem, the graphic card is more the trick.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Is moving to UE5 going to make the game even more hardware demanding than it already is?
We are trying to avoid that by improving how we're approaching optimization.

Do I need an archive to skip the tutorial because I can't complete the tutorial task anyway
Either if you fail or succeed on the fight against Amara, the story moves on. But the dialogue lines they say in the cutscenes change slightly depending on whether Kalyskah is winning or loosing.

3.30 star(s) 42 Votes