Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Ehm, no, you misunderstood.

I was tellling you what I was told on Patreon. That even the case where Kalyskah ends up having to have sex because she lost a fight, is off limits for the developers.

I was not saying that it is off limits for you.
Oh, you mean that is off limits because of the patreon rules but then the Devs also don't want to force the player into lewd scenes they dont wanna engage with just in general? If so that is a great attitude!

Reactions: Kalyskah

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Thanks! It's time to start the download then, this game has all the potential to be great. :D

I do get why the removal of stuff like forced sex is disappointing to some (since we talk about a game and not reality ofc) but personally I'm happy when there aren't any unavoidable m/f scenes (but I would call anything that can be avoided by playing correctly still avoidable ofc, so if forced stuff happens only as a result of loosing a fight etc. that isn't unavoidable.
I prefer not to have sex scenes in defeat because I don't like when players need to throw fights in order to get erotic content. I prefer when people manage to see them as a reward for making the right choices and playing in a way that they can feel like Kalyskah is slightly arrogant and will always do what she can to get out on top.

Well, actually, what I had in mind and had proposed was really more like the possibility of something being consequence of losing fights, but I got the indication even that is a clear "no go" , which in practice means losing a fight only bring to "dead Kalyskah", though not "game over", since she always comes back to life (or "life") .
Kalyskah is in fact, immortal. IF her body is destroyed, she turns into dust and is reformed on the last coffin she have rest (the flavour is that bats carry her remains, which is what you can see on the animation here:

death_opmized.gif

So in theory Kalyskah could seek thrill in "violent" ways but I'm not comfortable putting her into those situations and we don't want to mix sex with violence.

Oh no, a clear no go are only scenes that the game forces upon the player, like seducing some male NPC to be able to progress, anything that only happens when I fuck up is fine because that is on me and my lack of skill then. But I understand your confusion, I should have made that clear.
Oh yeah, that's the mantra of our team: "No sex scenes should be unavoidable" xD

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Orphanus

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
So in theory, yes, Kalyskah could seek thrill in "gorish" ways but I'm not comfortable putting her into those situations and we want to avoid mixing sex with violence. If someone wants to make a fanart, comic, fanfic, etc. It's up to them, but we as a team wouldn't be comfortable working with this.
Oh, I never meant in that way. I don't condemn people that like "guru", but personally I don't like it.
I was just thinking in terms o a bit of medieval (and ever more recent) realism in terms of possible consequences (depending on her stats) for certain situations, though I admit it is a bit of a contradiction with .
But even I would not like having her to lose all the fights to get to sex scenes.

Though a Kalyskah high enough in masochism, would not be too strange that loses a fight to get "punished" :) after.
I met young women who were not masochist (as far as I know, at least), but that were more than annoying till when I got pissed off and told them (no, no sword fights :)), then they were all eager to do something else :) (not my style of behaviour, but never mind that), even "me too generation".
And others that were explicit about liking the idea of pushing to see if the other would win the competition and then considering that in that case he was worth it (something in that line)

But the important is that game progresses, and the bugs get sorted out, this thing of fights with sex or not, is not so important (plus, there are other games were the character gets in fights in which something sexual can happen, if one wants, no need to put it in Kalyskah)

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Kalyskah

Some bugs from a first gameplay 0.23.1:

1) The (boobs) physics is still kind of broken, the settings were not for the biggest boobs (though bigger the half, around 70%), and I had to tone down the "physics" slider to around 25% to reduce the whobbling to something decent.
Maybe consider she became a vampire when she was still young-ish, younger women in general have harder boobs (so, by base, she would be a bit harder in that area as base parameters);
2) Related to 1) maybe, but not only about boobs, in the massage scene did the male, did not try the other yet, the hand get literally inside some body parts hand inside the glutei, and I don't mean "fingering", and inside the breast, and again, I don't mean stimulting her nipples, really inside;
3) By sheer chance I ended up in the BSDM room (or whatever the name), got her inside something, but then, I could not manage anymore to get her out of the thing and going away, also, while there, at a certain point the interface got also screwed, she was actually not doing anything, but I had the text on the right side, but not the one of the normal games, overlap of different text;
4) Got her to kill bandits (to level up), but I also got her to do something else, and while doing something else with two women, the screen was black, only after some random clicking came back;
5) When I was in one of the buildings, I got the "we only want to protect you", but that is from the legacy, it has nothing to do there in that context (and actually, there was nobody there);
6) When doing the ship quest, hovering on the two servant/slaves shows them as female (text label), but they are clearly males;
7) Second time I did the ship, it was OK, but the first time, two of the crates ended up in the water and did not come back, so I was stuck;
8) I am not sure it is a bug, but when I went to tell the captain it was done, the captain kind of disappeared, was not even shown in the compass, then appeared again though a bit distant, and manage to get him, it is normal he can move a bit away, but that disappearance seemed complete, even if temporary.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I prefer not to have sex scenes in defeat because I don't like when players need to throw fights in order to get erotic content. I prefer when people manage to see them as a reward for making the right choices and playing in a way that they can feel like Kalyskah is slightly arrogant and will always do what she can to get out on top.

Kalyskah is in fact, immortal. IF her body is destroyed, she turns into dust and is reformed on the last coffin she have rest (the flavour is that bats carry her remains, which is what you can see on the animation here:

View attachment 2823360

So in theory Kalyskah could seek thrill in "violent" ways but I'm not comfortable putting her into those situations and we don't want to mix sex with violence.

Oh yeah, that's the mantra of our team: "No sex scenes should be unavoidable" xD
I love hearing that, especially since I got the impression Kalyskah does have a nice story and generally lots of fun and interesting adventures planned. :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kalyskah

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Kalyskah

Some bugs from a first gameplay 0.23.1:

1) The (boobs) physics is still kind of broken, the settings were not for the biggest boobs (though bigger the half, around 70%), and I had to tone down the "physics" slider to around 25% to reduce the whobbling to something decent.
Maybe consider she became a vampire when she was still young-ish, younger women in general have harder boobs (so, by base, she would be a bit harder in that area as base parameters);
2) Related to 1) maybe, but not only about boobs, in the massage scene did the male, did not try the other yet, the hand get literally inside some body parts hand inside the glutei, and I don't mean "fingering", and inside the breast, and again, I don't mean stimulting her nipples, really inside;
3) By sheer chance I ended up in the BSDM room (or whatever the name), got her inside something, but then, I could not manage anymore to get her out of the thing and going away, also, while there, at a certain point the interface got also screwed, she was actually not doing anything, but I had the text on the right side, but not the one of the normal games, overlap of different text;
4) Got her to kill bandits (to level up), but I also got her to do something else, and while doing something else with two women, the screen was black, only after some random clicking came back;
5) When I was in one of the buildings, I got the "we only want to protect you", but that is from the legacy, it has nothing to do there in that context (and actually, there was nobody there);
6) When doing the ship quest, hovering on the two servant/slaves shows them as female (text label), but they are clearly males;
7) Second time I did the ship, it was OK, but the first time, two of the crates ended up in the water and did not come back, so I was stuck;
8) I am not sure it is a bug, but when I went to tell the captain it was done, the captain kind of disappeared, was not even shown in the compass, then appeared again though a bit distant, and manage to get him, it is normal he can move a bit away, but that disappearance seemed complete, even if temporary.
Thanks for report!

1) Trivia: Kalyskah was between 27 and 28 years old when she became a vampire. (I believe Amara hints that when they talk). This brests have had this problem for so long, and I've tried to fix it so many times, that I might end up just redoing the whole physics system completely at some point when I have the chance. But probably will happen when we also introduce jiggly physics for her butt and thighs.

2) This will be solved when we fix the problem on the 1), because the hands clip when some extra bones from our new rig move, this animation was created on our new rig. But so far we didn't have the chance to implement the new rig that will both solve this animation and add the jiggly physics because it has some issues.

3) Do you have a screenshot? Usually pressing E again or clicking to leave the device would make she exit the thing. I don't know what happened in your case... maybe a problem with several clicks being triggered before she got tied up, please let me know if you can replicate the problem.

4) Another possible thing that happened because of overlapping dialogues. Was this something that only happened once or is it a persistent issue?

6) Oh, my bad! I fix this on my side but since it's nothing critical I won't patch the game again for that this week.

7) The crates were programmed to be back when they fall on the water, but sometimes because of the FPS the collision might not trigger. With that in mind, we did add sort of a staircase that leads to the water so you can use that as an alternative way to get the crates back to the upper floor.

8) That wasn't supposed to happen oO' seems like something I should investigate. If you send me your save file I can check if he went under the floor or just teleported to the coffin that he sleeps during the day.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
I've already checked every member of the karnstein legion but still can't pass the quest, how to fix this ?
Make sure you have done them during the night, or if you have done them during the day, go back to talk again with a least one during the night, and remember to walk away from them when you finish the talk.
Last play, I found two during the day and talked with them, but they did not trigger. When I came back at night and continue the quest talking with others, then those two as well were marked as done.
Also, some of them, even at the end of the quest, the message on the screen said done, but neither the list on the screen nor the journal showed it as done, but when I walked a bit away, the mark appeared.

Reactions: hieucamdau

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
I've already checked every member of the karnstein legion but still can't pass the quest, how to fix this ?
Have you spoken with the ones that you need to knock on their doors, like Amara and Laver?
Also, this quest might not always trigger that it's completed but that's fine since our plan is that immediately after this quest ends, we'll add the next main story content. So for now it ends when you speak with everyone but until we have the next bunch of main story, it's not necessary to have it going to the next step (which will be to talk to Galena)

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
1) Trivia: Kalyskah was between 27 and 28 years old when she became a vampire. (I believe Amara hints that when they talk). This brests have had this problem for so long, and I've tried to fix it so many times, that I might end up just redoing the whole physics system completely at some point when I have the chance. But probably will happen when we also introduce jiggly physics for her butt and thighs.
Ah, Ok, I thought younger, but still, at that age they are not so "flubby" :p :). Well, I like the idea to have some realism in her movement (including that one), but at worst, you could always take out the physics, or reduce to a fixed value, as I said, at least in my case it seemed like around 25% would eliminate the excessive wobbling (but I would still need to play again).

3) Do you have a screenshot? Usually pressing E again or clicking to leave the device would make she exit the thing. I don't

4) Another possible thing that happened because of overlapping dialogues. Was this something that only happened once or is it a persistent issue?
The E I tried, but maybe I was too fast with clicks and key, give me a bit and I will try again (in the next days) and tell you something, if I can reproduce the problem, if I can get a screenshot, and if I can see if it is systematics.

6) Oh, my bad! I fix this on my side but since it's nothing critical I won't patch the game again for that this week.
Naaah, I just told you so you could put it in the list of things to correct for the next round, no need to go recompile all the time :)

not trigger. With that in mind, we did add sort of a staircase that leads to the water so you can use that as an alternative way to get the crates back to the upper floor.
Thanks, will try that if I get again the problem.

8) That wasn't supposed to happen oO' seems like something I should investigate. If you send me your save file I can check if he went under the floor or just teleported to the coffin that he sleeps during the day.
Give me a couple of days to try playing again (maybe even tomorrow or Saturday I can do it) and check if I have a save exactly at that moment, I know I did one right before the quest, but I don't know if then I overwrote it with one after the quest completion (and having spoken with the captain)[/QUOTE]

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Have you spoken with the ones that you need to knock on their doors, like Amara and Laver?
Also, this quest might not always trigger that it's completed but that's fine since our plan is that immediately after this quest ends, we'll add the next main story content. So for now it ends when you speak with everyone but until we have the next bunch of main story, it's not necessary to have it going to the next step (which will be to talk to Galena)
Oh, when I talked with Galena (by chance) she only told me she was going to take care of the ship and the grain, was there something else ? Maybe something I should have triggered with another conversation and I didn't ?

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Oh, when I talked with Galena (by chance) she only told me she was going to take care of the ship and the grain, was there something else ? Maybe something I should have triggered with another conversation and I didn't ?
The current quests are:
  • Helping the captain with his ship
  • Helping Alvina get her papers
  • Talking with the members of the legion
  • The Massage scene
Basically the build up of Kalyskah's Slice of Life until we get the crazy stuff ready to be added :devilish:

Reactions: HollywoodPlayer

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Ah, Ok, I thought younger, but still, at that age they are not so "flubby" :p :). Well, I like the idea to have some realism in her movement (including that one), but at worst, you could always take out the physics, or reduce to a fixed value, as I said, at least in my case it seemed like around 25% would eliminate the excessive wobbling (but I would still need to play again).
We made so thew physics increase together with her breast size. But players can tweak it on the settings too

The E I tried, but maybe I was too fast with clicks and key, give me a bit and I will try again (in the next days) and tell you something, if I can reproduce the problem, if I can get a screenshot, and if I can see if it is systematics.
Could have been. Still, ideally this shouldn't be a problem, so I'll add something to workaround this on my to-do list.

Give me a couple of days to try playing again (maybe even tomorrow or Saturday I can do it) and check if I have a save exactly at that moment, I know I did one right before the quest, but I don't know if then I overwrote it with one after the quest completion (and having spoken with the captain)
Sure thing, thanks for helping to test it.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Using 23.1. Graphics options keep reverting to their default maxed out values after making any changes to them, which my machine cannot even begin to handle. Is there a file location on Win10 where the settings are cached? I want to try and delete the existing one and see if that fixes it since I've played earlier versions and I suspect it's conflicting with the current build.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Using 23.1. Graphics options keep reverting to their default maxed out values after making any changes to them, which my machine cannot even begin to handle. Is there a file location on Win10 where the settings are cached? I want to try and delete the existing one and see if that fixes it since I've played earlier versions and I suspect it's conflicting with the current build.
Someone else reported the same issue on our discord. "Press Windows+R" and in the Run box put in %localappdata%\Kalyskah and you will find where the files for settings are. But our programmer will double-check what is going on as soon as possible.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
In the mean time, I'll keep experimenting as well and report back if I find a solution.

Edit, so far: Deleted the data from the folder you mentioned. No change, but I've narrowed down steps to reproduce at least. If you go into the settings one time to make any changes you need, that seems to stick and the settings properly save there defined values. However, upon returning to the settings page for any reason, even if nothing is altered, the settings will revert to their defaults once you leave the settings page (save or cancel, both result in this). Toggles, such as V-Sync and Motion Blur seem to retain their settings properly, but anything that's a slider like the fps slider or any of the effects quality sliders such as texture resolution or post processing all revert to defaults the next time you open settings. As a workaround, make sure to make any changes you wish in one go. Subsequent visits to the settings window will need one to open the settings window once to allow the settings to default, then open the settings again and make those changes again.

Btw, in case it's needed, I run on an Intel I7 6700 3.4GHz, GTX 1660 Ti, 16Gb RAM, WD Black 1Tb HD, Windows 10 Home.

Last edited:

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
In the mean time, I'll keep experimenting as well and report back if I find a solution.

Edit, so far: Deleted the data from the folder you mentioned. No change, but I've narrowed down steps to reproduce at least. If you go into the settings one time to make any changes you need, that seems to stick and the settings properly save there defined values. However, upon returning to the settings page for any reason, even if nothing is altered, the settings will revert to their defaults once you leave the settings page (save or cancel, both result in this). Toggles, such as V-Sync and Motion Blur seem to retain their settings properly, but anything that's a slider like the fps slider or any of the effects quality sliders such as texture resolution or post processing all revert to defaults the next time you open settings. As a workaround, make sure to make any changes you wish in one go. Subsequent visits to the settings window will need one to open the settings window once to allow the settings to default, then open the settings again and make those changes again.

Btw, in case it's needed, I run on an Intel I7 6700 3.4GHz, GTX 1660 Ti, 16Gb RAM, WD Black 1Tb HD, Windows 10 Home.
Thank you very much!
I'll forward this to the programmer!

JJFierce1

Aug 6, 2020
Well i was trying to pass even first cutscene with sword fighing. But it so klunky and so out of any timings so i just quit. Sorry guys fighting is quite broken.

3.30 star(s) 42 Votes