Chikimaro

We love to see you Smile....
Donor
Feb 2, 2018
I guessed so thank you for confirming it :)
Could you also test especially the Gallery Cemetery Scene of course not with the result on Youtube :D
use redgifs or vimeo for that ;)
yeah, maybe later, i had recently some problems with this game devs.

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
Finally got around to trying this again after the semi open world was added. Combat is still eurojank style (a bit Gothic or Risen) in that it works mostly okay when fighting humanoids but fighting animals is clunky. Some weapons work better than others, for example estoc parry is not great, same deal with the fauchard which tends to miss more than it hits from my experience. In game scenes make the meshes on the characters go nuts with the player character or the camera bouncing around in or out of frame. Also have the black dots on the neck thing which wasn't there before. They're not there all the time. Too many npcs right now are placeholders with just the animation test dialogue. In fact 9 out of 10 are placeholder.

Moving on to the story scenes, the first Jack scene has various issues with the PC acting like they knew them before when they're obviously mortal before the scene. Later the PC speaks about some events with the character that didn't happen. Granted, this may be because that scene is undergoing rewrites. In the Inn, the courtesan job only has 2 clients? I was expecting more. I liked the scene that you can get when you first enter the town and like the free or enslaved stuff in the journal (hints of possible enslavement in the future, perhaps as part of the auction?)

Unfortunately once you get outside the crypt blood becomes a pain to get (I kept feeding on rats) and time moves too slowly to wait for nightfall. Perhaps implement a way to rest or gain blood from townies? I spent most of my demo time running around on fire from the sunlight, hunting wolves while jumping from shadow to shadow due to low blood. Difficulty setting doesn't seem to do anything in that story mode is still likely to get you killed. I died plenty of times in this short demo. Seriosly, your health will drain quickly. Volume sliders don't seem to do much as when I set all volume sliders to 0 I still got dialogue and sounds. Mouse sensitivity can not be adjusted in game and by default (for me) it's still too sensitive. Locking on doesn't always work since it seems to want to lock on to enemies or rats far away instead of the enemy in the reticle. Character text boxes are too long and go away too quickly in town for some characters. I had many dialogue boxes where I missed what was said and some you can not get again. There are also some typos like in the menu appearance is spelled something like aperance. Also, it always says the PC has an A cup even though I maxed it out at D cup. Fell through the floor once when a bear knocked me down. Sex animations in world aren't synced up or aligned most of the time and the female client didn't work and I had to end the scene. Still, not bad for a small team of two people afaik, when I find another steady job I'll Patreon up for new updates.

After getting to the pawn shop I assume that's all the content there is since there's no more quest updates?

Last edited:

pchs

Jan 19, 2018
"How to fix issue with dxgi.dll ? "

I have the same issue. Fixes found on the internets did not help.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
yeah, maybe later, i had recently some problems with this game devs.
Oh interesting and sorry to hear overall it's not so important i saw what is going on and your confirmation of it shows that the Vulkan path will be a hard path for Indies on Unreal to gain Performance from especially on Nvidia Hardware and that neither Epic yet can guarantee a Multithread Performance boost in any shape, they are at the very beginning of optimization so as the Kalyskah Devs are ;)
But the first step with 4.25 has been made, i think Kalyskah is pretty much the first more complex Unreal Indie Production that even runs on the Vulkan PC Path at all for now. :)

Last edited:

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
Oh interesting and sorry to hear overall it's not so important i saw what is going on and your confirmation of it shows that the Vulkan path will be a hard path for Indies on Unreal to gain Performance from especially on Nvidia Hardware and that neither Epic yet can guarantee a Multithread Performance boost in any shape, they are at the very beginning of optimization so as the Kalyskah Devs are ;)
But the first step with 4.25 has been made, i think Kalyskah is pretty much the first more complex Unreal Indie Production that even runs on the Vulkan PC Path at all for now. :)
At least this game doesn't have the problems that a lot of other unreal engine games have of the d3d device being lost. Even Doom 2016, Everspace, and others have that issue yet this game doesn't which is amazing.

Of course, switching to Vulkan should fix this issue but then you can't use things like Vorpx or ENB but it's nice that it's there.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Finally got around to trying this again after the semi open world was added. Combat is still eurojank style (a bit Gothic or Risen) in that it works mostly okay when fighting humanoids but fighting animals is clunky. Some weapons work better than others, for example estoc parry is not great, same deal with the fauchard which tends to miss more than it hits from my experience. In game scenes make the meshes on the characters go nuts with the player character or the camera bouncing around in or out of frame. Also have the black dots on the neck thing which wasn't there before. They're not there all the time. Too many npcs right now are placeholders with just the animation test dialogue. In fact 9 out of 10 are placeholder.

Moving on to the story scenes, the first Jack scene has various issues with the PC acting like they knew them before when they're obviously mortal before the scene. Later the PC speaks about some events with the character that didn't happen. Granted, this may be because that scene is undergoing rewrites. In the Inn, the courtesan job only has 2 clients? I was expecting more. I liked the scene that you can get when you first enter the town and like the free or enslaved stuff in the journal (hints of possible enslavement in the future, perhaps as part of the auction?)

Unfortunately once you get outside the crypt blood becomes a pain to get (I kept feeding on rats) and time moves too slowly to wait for nightfall. Perhaps implement a way to rest or gain blood from townies? I spent most of my demo time running around on fire from the sunlight, hunting wolves while jumping from shadow to shadow due to low blood. Difficulty setting doesn't seem to do anything in that story mode is still likely to get you killed. I died plenty of times in this short demo. Seriosly, your health will drain quickly. Volume sliders don't seem to do much as when I set all volume sliders to 0 I still got dialogue and sounds. Mouse sensitivity can not be adjusted in game and by default (for me) it's still too sensitive. Locking on doesn't always work since it seems to want to lock on to enemies or rats far away instead of the enemy in the reticle. Character text boxes are too long and go away too quickly in town for some characters. I had many dialogue boxes where I missed what was said and some you can not get again. There are also some typos like in the menu appearance is spelled something like aperance. Also, it always says the PC has an A cup even though I maxed it out at D cup. Fell through the floor once when a bear knocked me down. Sex animations in world aren't synced up or aligned most of the time and the female client didn't work and I had to end the scene. Still, not bad for a small team of two people afaik, when I find another steady job I'll Patreon up for new updates.

After getting to the pawn shop I assume that's all the content there is since there's no more quest updates?

Courtesan scenes will be improved in time, to be more cinematic like the one with the Guards (Which are also WIP)

Feeding will be improved as well, eventually we will make a system where you'll be able to feed from the people around the village or bandits scattered across the map.

The volume sliders.. hm.. I think I know what's going on. We'll have it fix on the next patch. It's probably because some audios are not on the right group.

I wasn't aware of the problems on character customisation menu. Will have a look at it as well

About the sex animations: Think that what we are doing right now is building a library of poses, in time, many of those scenes will be a cutscene with dialogue lines and some choices that the player will be able to make. The current sandbox system will stay more to the modular sex scenes (like the one with acolytes) and the Gallery. We know that there is a lot of room to improvement. Thanks for the feedback =)

Pawnshop and the dialogues with Jessie (Nurse) and Fara (Blacksmith) are where the current content ends.

Thanks for the kind words and for reporting the bugs. We would make great use of your pledge if eventually, you join our Patreon! =D

How big is the max breast size?
D cup. We are avoiding making them too big because it would cause issues on the armour textures.

EboIa Chan

Aug 27, 2017
This may be a feature but I'm not sure:
When reloading a save, all the enemies + items respawn, including the succubus event (I had released her, saved, loaded and the game restarted the quest, with her following me outside her cell).
I also encountered a bug where my character was reset completely after completing the temple/cave area. However I couldn't replicate it on a second play through. During the bugged part my character was still taking damage while in the cut-scene from the sun.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
This may be a feature but I'm not sure:
When reloading a save, all the enemies + items respawn, including the succubus event (I had released her, saved, loaded and the game restarted the quest, with her following me outside her cell).
I also encountered a bug where my character was reset completely after completing the temple/cave area. However I couldn't replicate it on a second play through. During the bugged part my character was still taking damage while in the cut-scene from the sun.
The reloading does reset things at the moment. Even at the dungeon, this might or might not be improved in time. But the succubus is actually something we forgot to fix after adding the questline, we'll fix it for next demo.

This character resetting problem was never reported before. Maybe it was a one time thing? (Hopefully!)

Yeah, we will improve the game balance at some point. The final boss of the dungeon is also too easy.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
A new feature we have been working on!

The swimming system with the map expansion will be released for the patrons this month, although the new quests and enemies of the new area will be worked on the next month.

Reactions: Krosos

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
you will release this without lower surface shading and time of day adaption of it ? ;)
Are you using the new Control Rig i saw no big memory impact switching merisha and others so i guess Kalyskah is making use of it so every animation is realtime retargeted ?

For the others to understand ;)

Last edited:

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
you will release this without lower surface shading and time of day adaption of it ? ;)
Are you using the new Control Rig i saw no big memory impact switching merisha and others so i guess Kalyskah is making use of it so every animation is realtime retargeted ?

For the others to understand ;)
I actually animate things in blender xD
1592202957437.png

Since me and Iung can use blender, so far we haven't needed the control thing from unreal. But we might check it at some point =)

Might be handy if we want to make animated objects that doesn't share the same rig as Kaly

Reactions: thesuperfatcat

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
i see you using the same rig so no retargeting needed that makes sense yeah i think neither Wild-Life yet uses the Control Rig he still seems todo everything in his loved Maya, good though that you didn't name her like your Model/Animation tool ;)

Hmm Blenderin(a) von Karnstein ;)

Interesting to see Kaly so pure Virginia want's to play even more with her :D

But she currently has other things to (blow) do ;)

Would you mind if she would visit her one day ?

Last edited:

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
i see you using the same rig so no retargeting needed that makes sense yeah i think neither Wild-Life yet uses the Control Rig he still seems todo everything in his loved Maya, good though that you didn't name her like your Model/Animation tool ;)

Hmm Blenderin(a) von Karnstein ;)

Interesting to see Kaly so pure Virginia want's to play even more with her :D

But she currently has other things to (blow) do ;)

Would you mind if she would visit her one day ?

One these days ;)

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
Courtesan scenes will be improved in time, to be more cinematic like the one with the Guards (Which are also WIP)

About the sex animations: Think that what we are doing right now is building a library of poses, in time, many of those scenes will be a cutscene with dialogue lines and some choices that the player will be able to make. The current sandbox system will stay more to the modular sex scenes (like the one with acolytes) and the Gallery. We know that there is a lot of room to improvement. Thanks for the feedback =)
I'd like to throw my opinion out there. This pleases me to hear. The scene with the guards is easily my favorite in the game, unfinished as it is, and I would greatly enjoy more cinematic sex scenes like that. I've also discovered that I may have a very specific consensual slapping fetish. Not many games let us play as an immortal master of the night that simply gets on her knees and lets a mortal smack and order her around. There is something innately satisfying about submissively serving someone while knowing I could put a stop to it whenever I wanted.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
I'd like to throw my opinion out there. This pleases me to hear. The scene with the guards is easily my favorite in the game, unfinished as it is, and I would greatly enjoy more cinematic sex scenes like that. I've also discovered that I may have a very specific consensual slapping fetish. Not many games let us play as an immortal master of the night that simply gets on her knees and lets a mortal smack and order her around. There is something innately satisfying about submissively serving someone while knowing I could put a stop to it whenever I wanted.
haha yeah!
We wanted to give this feeling to the player, how Kalyskah is able to easily manipulate the guards and if she wanted, she could just stand up and say "change of plans" to drink their blood or leave. But it's her choice to sink and to deal with his demands.

After update to v0.11.2, the game can't start. like error and error
can this bug be fixed?
Have you tried to switch to Vulkan, Directx 11 or 12?

But I think your problem could be that you are playing in windows 7 and I don't think Unreal Engine supports this OS anymore =(

3.30 star(s) 41 Votes