Seafix

Sep 2, 2017
hmm Hi all, i think the hardest mode need to be a lot harder and enemey need to drop better equip, its way to easy, i never die it was the same as i play easy mode, but nice game love it

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
So I played the .10 update, and... I'm torn about this game. The animations are buggy, as I would expect from a work in progress alpha build kind of thing, but what really gets me is that the writing is so bad. Like, from James in the intro and Kalyskah's weird personality flip of "Where am I?" to "Are you looking for this idol between my legs?" and not fully explaining the backstory, it's just... It needs a lot of work.
Was there an intro? When I always started a new game I would get a black screen that just showed the HUD. I would have to save and then load that save to start in the dungeon.

pajamapanda

May 10, 2020
We did the spooky forest because we need someplace where the quests given by the NPCs of the city can be done
I understand just how difficult the following idea would be to implement, but if it were simple, simple and implemented as a casual side-objective, with a team of devs (small or otherwise), I think it would take the edge off this game perfectly. How AWESOME would it be to have a procedural, SIMPLE, quest system, where random NPC's have a task for you and maybe you earn a little XP for stats that aren't implemented yet, whatever. Even if that system is boring and recursive, even stagnant, this game is badass, it's hard to turn it off! What the game needs is a reason to keep playing it, a hook, that retains playership PAST the expected point of disengagement, a system that makes players think twice, or distracts them into sticking with it. Like MMO quests, people complain all day, but 'kill 15 bears and report back to blah blah blah' is irrefutably effective. Engaging gameplay is critical to the success of any game, but particularly in regards to sexual games it's VERY tricky to weave fulfilling gameplay into keeping those gamers HORNY. Implement simple quests, we don't need layers and layers of lore open for interpretation, don't try so hard! We just STUFF TO DO, we want to remain in the world you've created and explore it, experience it. Break it up with as many stop-and-(mutually)-frisk moments for Kalyskah as the player cares for, maybe a stat for sexiness or lust or something (I'm aware there's already some math involving that at least with Kalyskah's attire). Random NPC's scattered throughout the nearby woodlands doing their woodland people things where the player, Kalyskah, can.. well.. influence their behavior :) is a perfect place to start (it IS a little strange that there's nobody in the forest except for the other hot chick you can't... experience... but it sounds like there's plans for that).
I LOVE this game. Before I was really into this whole game genre, before I really even knew what I was doing, or wanted to make my own game, this is one of the first games I found, the first I experienced in an open-world, 3D format on par with the concept of what a AAA title would be in this genre. Several months and hundreds of hours learning how to make games and program, I see this game as more than something fun to do, but a truly monumental task that only gets more difficult the further you go as that empty, blank, canvas inevitably shrinks.
Where I'm stuck, at somewhat of a crossroads is: in the dungeon the game is really well done, badass, but with little need for sexual content, in fact technically if you have ANY sexual interaction in the dungeon you were overwhelmed by the AI, I call it the 'Bioasshard' problem, because one of the game's core mechanics, nudity/sex, is tied inversely to the ultimately more important objective: staying alive. The Kalyskah dungeon does not have anywhere near the same problem with this as the other game I mentioned does, but is important to point out. Love it or hate it, people play this because it's an awesome game, but it's awesome because there's SEX IN IT, if the 'happy thing' is tied to the feeling of failure imposed when the game is lost, the involvement, engagement, dedication, perseverence, however you prefer to think about it, the player's dedication to giving the game more of their time is ruined because the sexual objective that is arousing and stimulating is drowning beneath the weight of ineptitude, failure, the 'loser' narrative. I'm going long on this, obviously, Kalyskah doesn't have a real problem with this, but to set yourself above and beyond MANY games I've tested over the last several months, avoid this logical fallacy at all costs, those two elements CANNOT be tied together, regardless of main character gender. Back to my thoughts on Kalyskah:
The city is really the opposite of the dungeon right now: little instruction, ONLY sexual content since the blacksmith's quests don't really go anywhere (obviously I'm aware that will change), and just to be a little tough on the devs for a second (remember, you guys rock in my book, these are ideas), once I reach the city and do the little conversations and cutscenes, unless I hunt bears or wolves all day (AND NIGHT. the vampire vision is sick af), unless I'm killing the same two large predatory mammals aimlessly wandering 200 feet from a significant populous, there's really no REASON for Kalyskah to be powerful AT ALL once you reach the City. I love this game and I'm excited to see where you guys go from here, because there are so many roads to take it's mind boggling to even consider it. And the more I learn about game development the more respect I have for the people/teams making these games, and the more I understand how difficult it really is to 'expand' on something, or 'just add another dungeon' to something. Just MAKING that extra thing is a ton of work, forget the 3x or 5x amount of time spent optimizing it.
I appreciate the work your team has done, I've followed it closely since first testing it around January '20. The couple of public updates I've experienced in that time have really come a LONG way EACH, even if the 'map' is relatively the same the game runs SO much better and, in my eyes, has turned from a project labeled 'ambitious' with a slew of the usual 'wait for them to abandon it' comments, growing right in the face of those who were critical into a QUALITY performance from the voice acting (which is harder than anyone playing this can understand), the fighting mechanics (seriously improved over my first experience with the game), so many other things that I don't have the space to talk about it, but as a third I'll highlight the efficiency of the game's performance: OH MAN has that improved. And you don't visually see performance upgrades from the creator-side unless you look for it, but the game RUNS smoothly, menus open and close without the player thinking about it, combat animations and the triggers for those animations are practically seamless and that 1% of 'practically' is beyond likely to be my system's fault, the only bug in my experience that I actually get a kick out of is the crazy 4x overscan that happens when I try to run it in 4K from the Options menu, I mean, yeah it'd be cool if it was fixed but I get such a kick out of it, just fucking leave it that way lol.
Overall this is a game where the players who have seen it grow just want MORE, but not from a place of dissatisfaction, from a place of excitement and anticipation. As a new developer I hope one day I can make something with a following like that, whether they pay or not, what matters is that they recognize the quality of your effort (money is nice, but creativity isn't about money, everyone has their own interpretation, but to me it's about reaching a realistic level of quality within your potential). Kalyskah is on point and will only continue to grow and amaze more and more players who discover it. The road of this game has been built to curve in every direction possible to blow the minds of other players like myself. I'm excited to see how Kalyskah continues to lead the genre moving forward.

Cheers!
~Panda

Eggtree McGee

Jan 1, 2018
I understand just how difficult the following idea would be to implement, but if it were simple, simple and implemented as a casual side-objective, with a team of devs (small or otherwise), I think it would take the edge off this game perfectly. How AWESOME would it be to have a procedural, SIMPLE, quest system, where random NPC's have a task for you and maybe you earn a little XP for stats that aren't implemented yet, whatever. Even if that system is boring and recursive, even stagnant, this game is badass, it's hard to turn it off! What the game needs is a reason to keep playing it, a hook, that retains playership PAST the expected point of disengagement, a system that makes players think twice, or distracts them into sticking with it.
Like MMO quests, people complain all day, but 'kill 15 bears and report back to blah blah blah' is irrefutably effective. Engaging gameplay is critical to the success of any game, but particularly in regards to sexual games it's VERY tricky to weave fulfilling gameplay into keeping those gamers HORNY. Implement simple quests, we don't need layers and layers of lore open for interpretation, don't try so hard! We just STUFF TO DO, we want to remain in the world you've created and explore it, experience it. Break it up with as many stop-and-(mutually)-frisk moments for Kalyskah as the player cares for, maybe a stat for sexiness or lust or something (I'm aware there's already some math involving that at least with Kalyskah's attire). Random NPC's scattered throughout the nearby woodlands doing their woodland people things where the player, Kalyskah, can.. well.. influence their behavior :) is a perfect place to start (it IS a little strange that there's nobody in the forest except for the other hot chick you can't... experience... but it sounds like there's plans for that).
I LOVE this game. Before I was really into this whole game genre, before I really even knew what I was doing, or wanted to make my own game, this is one of the first games I found, the first I experienced in an open-world, 3D format on par with the concept of what a AAA title would be in this genre. Several months and hundreds of hours learning how to make games and program, I see this game as more than something fun to do, but a truly monumental task that only gets more difficult the further you go as that empty, blank, canvas inevitably shrinks.
Where I'm stuck, at somewhat of a crossroads is: in the dungeon the game is really well done, badass, but with little need for sexual content, in fact technically if you have ANY sexual interaction in the dungeon you were overwhelmed by the AI, I call it the 'Bioasshard' problem, because one of the game's core mechanics, nudity/sex, is tied inversely to the ultimately more important objective: staying alive. The Kalyskah dungeon does not have anywhere near the same problem with this as the other game I mentioned does, but is important to point out. Love it or hate it, people play this because it's an awesome game, but it's awesome because there's SEX IN IT, if the 'happy thing' is tied to the feeling of failure imposed when the game is lost, the involvement, engagement, dedication, perseverence, however you prefer to think about it, the player's dedication to giving the game more of their time is ruined because the sexual objective that is arousing and stimulating is drowning beneath the weight of ineptitude, failure, the 'loser' narrative. I'm going long on this, obviously, Kalyskah doesn't have a real problem with this, but to set yourself above and beyond MANY games I've tested over the last several months, avoid this logical fallacy at all costs, those two elements CANNOT be tied together, regardless of main character gender. Back to my thoughts on Kalyskah:
The city is really the opposite of the dungeon right now: little instruction, ONLY sexual content since the blacksmith's quests don't really go anywhere (obviously I'm aware that will change), and just to be a little tough on the devs for a second (remember, you guys rock in my book, these are ideas), once I reach the city and do the little conversations and cutscenes, unless I hunt bears or wolves all day (AND NIGHT. the vampire vision is sick af), unless I'm killing the same two large predatory mammals aimlessly wandering 200 feet from a significant populous, there's really no REASON for Kalyskah to be powerful AT ALL once you reach the City. I love this game and I'm excited to see where you guys go from here, because there are so many roads to take it's mind boggling to even consider it. And the more I learn about game development the more respect I have for the people/teams making these games, and the more I understand how difficult it really is to 'expand' on something, or 'just add another dungeon' to something. Just MAKING that extra thing is a ton of work, forget the 3x or 5x amount of time spent optimizing it.
I appreciate the work your team has done, I've followed it closely since first testing it around January '20. The couple of public updates I've experienced in that time have really come a LONG way EACH, even if the 'map' is relatively the same the game runs SO much better and, in my eyes, has turned from a project labeled 'ambitious' with a slew of the usual 'wait for them to abandon it' comments, growing right in the face of those who were critical into a QUALITY performance from the voice acting (which is harder than anyone playing this can understand), the fighting mechanics (seriously improved over my first experience with the game), so many other things that I don't have the space to talk about it, but as a third I'll highlight the efficiency of the game's performance: OH MAN has that improved. And you don't visually see performance upgrades from the creator-side unless you look for it, but the game RUNS smoothly, menus open and close without the player thinking about it, combat animations and the triggers for those animations are practically seamless and that 1% of 'practically' is beyond likely to be my system's fault, the only bug in my experience that I actually get a kick out of is the crazy 4x overscan that happens when I try to run it in 4K from the Options menu, I mean, yeah it'd be cool if it was fixed but I get such a kick out of it, just fucking leave it that way lol.
Overall this is a game where the players who have seen it grow just want MORE, but not from a place of dissatisfaction, from a place of excitement and anticipation. As a new developer I hope one day I can make something with a following like that, whether they pay or not, what matters is that they recognize the quality of your effort (money is nice, but creativity isn't about money, everyone has their own interpretation, but to me it's about reaching a realistic level of quality within your potential). Kalyskah is on point and will only continue to grow and amaze more and more players who discover it. The road of this game has been built to curve in every direction possible to blow the minds of other players like myself. I'm excited to see how Kalyskah continues to lead the genre moving forward.

Cheers!
~Panda
Something like "kill 15 bears" doesn't work yet because the game is so early that you need to wander for an hour around a lifeless forest just to find something to kill. Its not ready for procedural generated quests, it needs some hand crafted love to make them bearable, some lore or interesting dialog to make us care.

LazySloth

Sep 15, 2017
Good to know this game can be run on DirectX 11. Many people despise Windows 10 (myself included) and I wanted to try this game without having to create a partition just to install the bloatware infested garbage OS that is Windows 10.

4@ncyEvil

Dec 3, 2019
Changelog Version 0.12.1 - 16/07/2020

Fixes
  • When Kalyskah avoids the courtesan questline she will tell Bouchard that he was “predictable”. He was reacting to that line but she wasn’t saying it before.
  • Fixed armour and damage amount display on the character inventory interface. This made Kalyskah’s damage output smaller, but that’s how it was supposed to be in the first place.
  • Fixed Kalyskah health resetting to 70% every time she was leaving a dialogue.
  • Fixed all the dialogues that were not being controlled by the “Voice” volume on the main menu. Let me know if we left anything behind.
  • Fixed "flickering neckline" problem on the character's texture.
Enhancements
  • Added Kalyskah voice on the dialogue with Silas, and also started to adjust the camera. Kalyskah won’t have lipsync yet because I need to make some fine tunes before doing it.
  • Improvements on how Kalyskah recognizes that she is under a shadow to avoid taking sunlight damage. The leaves at the new area don’t have collision yet though, which means that to avoid sunlight damage there you should stay at the shadow cast by the trunks. But we’ll improve it in time.
  • Starting to improve the scene where Kalyskah meets James outside of the dungeon. It’s not done yet, but it will be at the end of the month.
  • Removed the sound when Kalyskah hits something she can’t harm. So there won’t be metal sounds when you hit a friendly NPC anymore.
  • Ai Improvement: Friendly NPCs will no longer attack someone that Kalyskah is drinking blood.
  • Ai Improvement: Enemies will stop trying to reach the player if the player is too far and there is some ally hitting them. Merishya can’t take damage yet so this wasn’t a problem until we introduced the summoning.
  • Gremnoch fight improvements – Part 1: When he reaches 50% of his health he wills tart to spawn bloodhounds. We removed that close-range attack that he was launching Kalyskah on the ground. This rendered him easier to be defeated, but on the next patch, we will make somethings to make him a little harder to kill. Suggestions are welcome!
  • Improvements on Gremnoch appearance: His eyes will glow in green when he has only half lifebar left, his eyes will glow in red and he will have some smoke effects around him.
  • Improvement Gremnoch and Death Hounds collisions. Kaly won’t get inside of them anymore.
  • Changing Kalyskah’s appearance on the main menu will now work when loading different save slots, not only the most recent one.
  • Blood Bottles now have an icon and they won’t restore only Kalyskah’s health, but also her actual blood pool. 200 health and 50 blood points over 10 seconds (her maximum blood pool is 200). You can’t use the blood bottles if you are already under the effect of one. This should prevent wasting them.
  • Fixed item amount not being loaded properly. I noticed this error while working on the blood bottles. If you had 10 of them on your inventory, when you loaded the game you would have only 1.
  • Kalyskah won’t slide towards Merishya at the dungeon conversation anymore. She will actually walk.
  • Save games will now be displayed from the most recent to the oldest one, this will make your life a lot easier to find the most recent game you were playing when you
Features
  • Added a new weapon on Fara’s shop: Morningstar.
  • World Global Saving: The NPC positions will now be saved and also if whether they are alive or dead. This means that if you are playing the dungeon and decide to take a break, save and close the game when you load the undead you killed won’t be there anymore, and all the doors you unlocked or opened will be as you left them.
  • Kalyskah will now get a new power after defeating Gremmnoch: Summoning bloodhounds. They will stay around for 20 + (Sorcery x 3) seconds. And Kalyskah can summon two at once. They will consume 10 points of blood to be summoned.
Tough Choice:
  • My computer doesn’t have enough RAM to pack the game for Vulkan and DirectX, and the friend that was doing that for me won't be able to do it anymore. But I already have plans to buy a new PC in September, when a new processor is around, but until then, the game will need to go back to support only DirectX11 and DirecX12.

kiyar

Jan 22, 2018
VULKAN is no good idea for now it will give you lower performance on Nvidia hardware and Driver at least in Kalyskahs case

Use DX 11 and select DX 11 when you installing Reshade , make sure the dxgi.dll is in the Kalyskah execution folder

The main execution folder of a UE3/4 Game is \Binaries\Win64
Hi I placed the file in the folder but now it gives me the same error but for ntdll.dll. I downloaded the file and placed it in the folder but it isn't fixed. can you help ? If there is a file needed can you tell me where and which version i should download ? Thanks in advance

Jul 21, 2019
I played it and it is a promising game. Nice Job developers.

Is there any chance to add an automated camera during the sex scenes ? It's kinda annoying that we have to move the camera ourselves during those mini games.

ralchemilla

Jul 21, 2020
is this close to a possible steam release? how is the state of the game so far? is there other means to support the development cycle via a one-time purchase as an alternative to patreon pledges?

Jul 21, 2019
how is the state of the game so far?
The game has some nice gameplay and story ideas. It also has voice acting which is rare in these type of games.

But when you play it you can feel that the game is unfinished in some ways.(But it's acceptable since this game is ambitious)
1.Some animations in some of the cutscenes are missing.
2.you have some attributes that have not yet implemented in the game
3.you can encounter some bugs.
4.In character creation you have to use RGB sliders to change the hair color instead of actually being able to choose a color.
5.During the sex mini games you have to move the camera yourself instead of the game controlling the camera itself.

These are the things I felt that were "unfinished" after playing it for 1-2 hours.
If you want you can give this game a try.

ralchemilla

Jul 21, 2020
The game has some nice gameplay and story ideas. It also has voice acting which is rare in these type of games.

But when you play it you can feel that the game is unfinished in some ways.(But it's acceptable since this game is ambitious)
4.In character creation you have to use RGB sliders to change the hair color instead of actually being able to choose a color.
5.During the sex mini games you have to move the camera yourself instead of the game controlling the camera itself.

These are the things I felt that were "unfinished" after playing it for 1-2 hours.
thank you :) i'm trying it now, i encountered a situation where if i load a save file prior an engagement/enemies that are close by, my companion/demoness seems to be stuck inplace and not respond or join the 'fight' itself, how would i fix that?

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019

The game is actually unfinished xD
We are a long way from reaching version 1.0 yet, when we can say that at least the first chapter of the game is done. Thanks for the feedback =)

thank you :) i'm trying it now, i encountered a situation where if i load a save file prior an engagement/enemies that are close by, my companion/demoness seems to be stuck inplace and not respond or join the 'fight' itself, how would i fix that?
Oh, the save\load for the companion is not 100% consistent, especially at the dungeon. But we haven't worried too much about that yet because Merishya finds a place to stay at the surface world, not too long after you reach it.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
HP still reverts to some default below max in between dialog. There's also quite a lot of animation twitching that happens.

pajamapanda

May 10, 2020
For anyone unaware of the game development process indulge me momentarily as I attempt to offer some perspective that I now find incredibly valuable:

#1 ~ Making games is hard. It's just really fucking hard.

#2 ~ A Windows game, as opposed to a Console (xbox, ps4) or even a Mac -- will ALWAYS have bugs for someone, somewhere. Developing on console is almost like cheating since the hardware upon which the game is eventually implemented... is STATIC. You can optimize reliability, performance, everything to the finest detail.

#3 ~ There is no, "Pro" version of Unreal Engine. The engine is free. All of it (with caveats). Translation? Developing in Unreal Engine means the exact same MOUNTAIN of available features designed for fully-staffed AAA studios are at your fingertips: it requires an unbelievable amount of specific skills and information to use the engine properly and understand what is happening when you make any change at all, let alone fixing the hiccups you didn't expect. Oh, silly me, I almost forgot! This is all assuming, of course, you're already highly, and I mean highly, proficient in the C++ language** which leads me to:

#4 ~ C++ is a HARD fucking language. Not conceptually: it's on par with other languages. But with C++ you, the programmer, are in complete and total control of what information is stored, where it goes, even how it moves and behaves as your program executes. I would strongly bet that every (individual user's) computer on the planet is different from any other yet as gamers we constantly expect things to be the SAME. Everywhere. That's not how it works. (stated more plainly: no two personal computers chosen at random would be entirely equivalent)

:: This game is an ASTOUNDING achievement for two people (if that's really true), unbelievable!! ::

If you're downloading tons of games here at F95, do yourself a quick favor, download Unreal Engine and Visual Studio Community, both are free. Create a random project, blank, template, or otherwise, wait for Visual Studio to load, then have a look around at the engine and the head-spinning array of features. Maybe flip over to Visual Studio and click through the STACK of files generated just to make that simple, boring, useless, colorless, 'third person' template happen. Then just uninstall it all if you don't want to explore it any further.

It's a major shift in perspective that I think is worth bringing attention to for a community as passionate as this one.

Just some thoughts,

~ pajamapanda

** I am aware that you can build an entire game world from the Blueprint feature of Unreal but to fix specific bugs like the ones throughout this comment thread you would really need to dig into the codebase and look for areas where the information isn't 'behaving'

3.30 star(s) 42 Votes