Volcanoid

Jul 13, 2020
Gears of War 5 game was developed with Unreal Engine 4. The game runs on gtx 1060 with 55fps at Ultra Settings at 1080p. So if settings were reduced, even 1050 Ti can be used for playing the game. Remember this game has a lot of actions. I understand a small team can't optimise a game so much due to the restricted time, and budget. So I suggest to keep the optimisation at the end, especially if you plan to release it for steam when the game is completed, otherwise the review section will be bombarded with poor performance reviews.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Volcanoid
Just to be clear i have nothing todo with the Development of Kalyskah ;)

Did you even tried it and lowered the Config for your System from the Internal available options ?

Options Preset names are sometimes disturbing Very High is like a Ultra setup for this title but the benefit in your case could be visually fading away

Volcanoid

Jul 13, 2020
Volcanoid
Just to be clear i have nothing todo with the Development of Kalyskah ;)

Did you even tried it and lowered the Config for your System from the Internal available options ?

Options Preset names are sometimes disturbing Very High is like a Ultra setup for this title but the benefit in your case could be visually fading away
I didn't try it in my end yet. I am waiting until the game is finished. I speculated the performance based on your screenshots. let's hope your system has no issue. :LOL:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Gears of War is a Custom Unreal Branch but i can assure you this Unreals Performance improved significantly even vs some Custom Branches also based on Gears 5 input ;)

Though my Data is D3D11 not D3D12 so you gonna see sometimes a absolute drawcall limit setting in

Lot of Layers you see are currently not changeable and Part of the Art Level Lighting Style, these things become the lowest denominator for now in the overall Performance overhead.

Which is heavily the Volumetric Light (which could become a problem in your 1060 case sometimes indoor level)
Though there is no real granular Graphics Setup yet lot of things are connected and not reachable individual at all currently.

So here some 1080p Performance DATA from my System (with everything user configurable disabled, not part of the Art Style)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wallpaper (Kali and Merishya on their Way)
kaliandmerishya.jpg
kaliandmerishyaperdatat.jpg

Boss Fight

Cutscene Im sorry

You can see Gears of War 36 FPS reached in a Cutscene with 2 chars on display ;)

And you could reach that 50 FPS quality above here as well better lighting and optimizing the blendshapes ;)

I guess i target for that 36-40 FPS that impresses you ;)

Volcanoid
Goal reached with a bit more complexity per frame on display ;)

I find a lot of the Devs current decisions around this Game pure shit it will exclude many users and lower the reach for Hollywood nonsense
lot of things also go high wire because of this hitting performance and you wonder where things suddenly get used which makes often no sense at all in terms of the post processing.

Like for Example, wtf for a nice closet it is so important to highlight it ? ;)

Wouldn't it be more efficient to focus James ?

The Cinematic Cam system goes so often high wire never experienced this in titles like Skyrim or Fallout how buggy this is here in it's entire Logic currently.
It needs a lot of tuning and to be made smart reacting like a real cameraman would ;)

Then there are things you just scratching your head about, like how the Torch integrates into the Gameplay Render Design

Ehh no

The New Combar reaction System seems to hang on the Animation needing to be finished, also not nice if you can't react fast enough and have all the time this pause in Combat after hit the delay feels way to long before input is possible again.

AI feels smarter than in Wild-Life but it often fails the same way as well, up to the point not even recognizing you in super close proximity, it is the same random failure mess as in Wild-Life currently.

The Consumption sequence cam also the way it is laid out on the post processing side is just to much really.

And again no separated control over it, it's being branded as part of the Art Style very arguable decision.

And yeah we all love Hollywood :)
Pretty much the entire current lowest Game Performance structure is in this Scene closeup :)

okbutwhytahtheavyjpg.jpg
performancerenderstructure.jpg
wedonthavetimet.jpg

Last edited:

Volcanoid

Jul 13, 2020
CPU optimisation looks good, but GPU optimisation is bad. Imagine if gtx 1080 is utilised 100% then what other cards can do? It has same graphics as dragon age inquisition. I am impressed with the quality. hopefully, it will be optimised after the final version was out.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Dragon Age Inquisition Frostbite 3 in that adapted Bioware version interesting compare indeed :)

lets see
Yeah it aged pretty nicely Nvidia did great Driver optimization on the way for Frostbite over time and it's total stable by now in the cutscenes with full DOF Power

Oh man Frostbite 50% Free :D

agednicely.jpg
âgedawesome.jpg

i need to get rid of the Frame Limit what was the Frostbite Command for it i dont remember :p

Found it
GameTime.MaxSimFps 60
GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

Oh WOW (but ok no complex hair just simple solid geometry) still impressive optimization at 60 FPS

and look at that butter smooth synced graph
whatadream.jpg

But it is entirely the DOF optimization as i thought use a higher quality DOF and boom same Performance as Kalyskah it's falling like nothing down to 30 FPS with a more complex to compute DOF setting depending on the area the blur kernel covers and obscures from the eye behind the blur.

And yeah you can easily lose 50% in UHD just for seeing less in the background ;)
dofbrakedown.jpg
dofkillingperformancet.jpg

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
But that's not the main problem here in the cutscenes at least, yeah normal gameplay it is and it is also visible in DAI those 60 FPS aren't doable stable when the whole additional level render complexity and gameplay overhead comes into play sure partly Vulkan/DX 12 could help but only rather stabilizing.

And this is a thing Nvidia want's to use as their Mega Advantage for Ampere suddenly gaining 3x Generation Performance vs AMD in 4K with DLSS 3.0 from 1440p

Crazy Launch battle is upcoming.

We slowly see the End of Hardware scaling and all the preparations to counter the increasing cost to improve it and for Nvidia the Answer is DLSS 3.0.

No matter what Nvidia does i gonna move to AMD i have too, way to loong with Nvidia it becomes boring ;)

Last edited:

krendelll

Feb 4, 2019
Guys, why do we see a version 11.2 when the patron already has a version of 12.3? the Developer monitors this site and threatens to punish the owners for publishing 12.3 ?

Jul 21, 2019
Is there any chance to release a steam version devs ?
Guys, why do we see a version 11.2 when the patron already has a version of 12.3? the Developer monitors this site and threatens to punish the owners for publishing 12.3 ?
As whole, all the developers of these type of games share the game at patreon first exclusively for their backers and after few weeks release it publicly.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
The development of a 3d real-time game is really expansive and we are highly dependant on the support we get to be able to keep working on the game. This way, version 0.12 will be released to the public when we release version 0.13 to the patrons. I see this as a fair way to publish the game in a way that everyone can enjoy it and our patrons will have exclusive content for a while, giving them a nice reward for supporting our project. =)

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
It is really hard to get external help from freelancers to improve things like special effects, more creatures and armours, improvements on the UI, etc with the amount we currently make on Patreon. Although there's no way for us to "punish" people if they leak the game, it's good to keep in mind that if our patrons feel like their support is not giving them anything in return and they start to remove their pledges, we might lose the source of budget we have to keep working on the game. And that's the sad consequence for leaks. We had a leak of the game recently and this caused some people to pause or remove their pledges until they got new content, and this made we have a tight month with the budget, which made us unable to add more voice acting for a while.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
It is really hard to get external help from freelancers to improve things like special effects, more creatures and armours, improvements on the UI, etc with the amount we currently make on Patreon. Although there's no way for us to "punish" people if they leak the game, it's good to keep in mind that if our patrons feel like their support is not giving them anything in return and they start to remove their pledges, we might lose the source of budget we have to keep working on the game. And that's the sad consequence for leaks. We had a leak of the game recently and this caused some people to pause or remove their pledges until they got new content, and this made we have a tight month with the budget, which made us unable to add more voice acting for a while.
Whoever would have demanded that i would have killed the agreement with you are no ones slaves and if people don't understand that Patreon is going to lose it's purpose and usefulness.
Your Supporters who doesn't understand this are worth nothing i would eliminate each of them, you working united towards a end goal or even just a progression one doesn't really matter and the supporters get the result anything else they demand is nonsense.
A Patreon is a supporter not a buyer and neither does supporter means investor patreon shouldn't become like any commercial shop or kickstarter i know reality looks different especially now in Corona times.
A supporter community that doesn't accept it's Developers decisions isn't a healthy one to begin with and they could even fuck themselves in the end with that attitude ;)
I don't say Dictatorship is the answer for everything but in this case for me personally it is, accept or go Disney.com.
Without Trust to it's Developers Decisions such a supporter community is worth nothing.

Just my 2² cent read and forget ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalyskah

krendelll

Feb 4, 2019
Wow man! I'm a f%%king shameless pirate, but after your speech, even someone like me is willing to pay for your game..) I would even buy you a beer, but unfortunately I live in Mordor, where ordinary mortals are not allowed to enter...(

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Wow man! I'm a f%%king shameless pirate, but after your speech, even someone like me is willing to pay for your game..) I would even buy you a beer, but unfortunately I live in Mordor, where ordinary mortals are not allowed to enter...(
I'm not entirely clear on the policies involved, but I believe Mordor law permits mortals for work related purposes. Not sure if they have to be essential jobs or need a mask to go outside, but I'd think it safe to assume as much anyways, so tell them to bring PPE.

Shura Matoi

Nov 3, 2017
Whenever I try to start it up I get this.
2020-08-20.png
Anyone know why?(If this problem has already been addressed/answered in the thread I apologize for not checking)

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Whenever I try to start it up I get this.
View attachment 780841
Anyone know why?(If this problem has already been addressed/answered in the thread I apologize for not checking)
Try to open the launcher and change it to DirectX 11 or Directx12. And it seems that people without windows 10 are having trouble to open the game

Shura Matoi

Nov 3, 2017
Try to open the launcher and change it to DirectX 11 or Directx12. And it seems that people without windows 10 are having trouble to open the game
I actually have windows 10 but I'll try the directx idea and see what happens.
Edit: changing to directx11 fixed it. Thank you

Last edited:

somebody11342

Jun 1, 2019
The options for API rendering in reshade are: Direct3D 9 - Direct3D 10/11/12 - OpenGL - Vulkan
I can try all of them. I just happen to don't know which one to use. That is the only reason why I choosed Vulkan :D
You have to choose Direct3D and then the by default checked options are not sufficient, I choose almost all except some comic effect and some other that looked like it does not fit. Then it finally worked and the game started (I also use win 7).

3.30 star(s) 42 Votes