Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
You got it and most of these Indies cant do that and are fully reliable on Epics Core changes even having the source in front of them ;)
Big Studios Branch Unreal out into their own Codebase having much more control over Epics specific Game decisions that might be not the best for your own project at all.
Blueprint has major caviats the more complex your codebase becomes even the blueprint to C++ conversion can become unreliable.

Last edited:

Volcanoid

Jul 13, 2020
I actually animate things in blender xD
View attachment 693263

Since me and Iung can use blender, so far we haven't needed the control thing from unreal. But we might check it at some point =)

Might be handy if we want to make animated objects that doesn't share the same rig as Kaly

Can you use Cascadeur to animate characters? It will significantly reduces your workload, and improve the quality of the animation. It supports Unreal engine natively. The good thing is this is completely free of charge.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
GTX 1080 RAW performance range comparable with 5700/XT (DX11)

My upgrade Goal is 60 FPS here before that isn't reached i wouldn't upgrade ;)

20 ms would be already nice
And currently it looks like only Nvidia for now made it reality with DLSS 3.0 gaining a 2x-3 generation advantage cheating us with ML

Last edited:

Volcanoid

Jul 13, 2020
It seems like your GPU is bottle necking the CPU. Not a surprise since Unreal engine 4.x only requires a Quad core processor unless heavy CPU dependant physics is used..

Reactions: Krosos

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
It seems like your GPU is bottle necking the CPU. Not a surprise since Unreal engine 4.x only requires a Quad core processor unless heavy CPU dependant physics is used..
Yep very different to what you see in my Vault there it is the entire different way around, because of heavy physic simulations for virtually everything in Frame ;)

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Yes everyhting you see here in Performance results runs on the GTX 1080 and currently the newest beta Vulkan driver 451.79 it's not 100% the Game optimized Driver path.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Also a thing of System Balance depending in which direction you go don't underestimate UHD render complexity

You gonna see how Nvidia is going to use it as the master advantage in the upcoming Ampere vs RDNA 2 battle.

DLSS 3.0 pushes Nvidia artificially 2x-3 normal Hardware Scaling Generations ahead for UHD and this gives them the advantage of pushing the Raytracing overhead much easier for the lower resolutions primarily 1080p/1440p.

It has the capabilities to deconstruct once again everything AMD has achieved in their Hardware improvement and Shrinking race, with a click of a button and 500 Engineers sitting on Cyberpunk 2077 and implementing, tuning and training like crazy on Nvidias Cluster as we write, to showcase this achievement as the master killer app vs RDNA 2.
Also will have a master impact on Virtual Reality uplift.

You can reach way more then 60 FPS and yes the balance isn't perfect in Kalyskah yet it's rather very easy to change that by tuning differently.
Kalyskah has a very heavy Shadow overhead (looks like Raymarched Shadows running mainly on the CPU) and yeah some weird Performance hit behavior GPU can deep dive from time to time and CPU can be stressed a lot from some Displacement Mapping extremes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Better as we go and analyze and counter the real heavy loads, but still fluctuating a lot, though lot of timers are running i gonna enable the Internal Unreal FPS/Frametime timer next time getting rid of the others.
There are really a lot of Load state changes in Kalyskah though it would run perfectly at a full restricted 33 ms target like Wild-Life style or we go the Dynamic resolution way and try to target 20 ms ;)
Though this is still entirely indoor outdoor next.

Special Complexity Load situation in the Sewer (Heavy use of Displacement Mapping)

Wallpaper (Kali Mastered the "complex" Sewer) (Using Internal Free Fly Cam Mode)
wallpaperforyou.jpg

And yes here we gonna hit our Dream Target in many ways ;) :)
mastertargethit.jpg

The Displacement Mapping is currently a hardcoded part of the "EFFECTS" Config Part it's a not to underestimate overhead on both CPU/GPU stresses the Driver a lot it's like ~6 ms give or take in this Driver Setup that's 1 GPU Generation plus OC Edition on D3D11 it's heavier then the entire Shadowing.
With that overhead you could do a pretty nice Hair Strand simulation for Kali instead and depending on the overall hair complexity you could even save 2 or 3 ms, depending how creative you are ;)

Volcanoid
The Displacement is the major culprit here it is totally unoptimized even killing Nvidia Hardware ;)
POM would have been a way better solution, will try to lower the overhead of it anyway disabling it is no good idea the whole level buildup was visually optimized for it, just gonna result in leakage problems everywhere.

So the beginning :)

You start enthusiastically just to go through that door and be smashed down again ~13 ms and GPU starving for DATA ;)

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Makes no Sense this is what every Console will do Next with ease

What is your System Spec ?

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Volcanoid
What is your System Spec ? GPU at least in the Range of 2060 ?
and what for expectations you have based on your Tripple A titles running in terms of Performance ?

Please leave Doom 2016/Eternal out of the equation ;)

Volcanoid

Jul 13, 2020
Volcanoid
What is your System Spec ? GPU at least in the Range of 2060 ?
and what for expectations you have based on your Tripple A titles running in terms of Performance ?

Please leave Doom 2016/Eternal out of the equation ;)
gtx 1060 6GB. any game works with this graphics card at 1080p.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
so you expect 1080p 60 stable ?
or just the feeling of playable and smooth input to control ?
give me some example at best no Sports title ;)

Volcanoid

Jul 13, 2020
so you expect 1080p 60 ?
Yes. If you could optimise it further to run on even lower end cards it's much better. I understand about 4 threads processors, but I believe the graphics can be optimised a lot. Judging by this graphics even gtx 1050 Ti should be able to run with 60fps if the game is optimised well.

3.30 star(s) 42 Votes