Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
you need to add "T" button for waiting time
also fix the rat audio, it hurts my ear drum
Yep, fixing rat sound is one of the things we want to do but did not have time. Also, to wait you can go to a bed like the one you can find in Kelhold or at the inn. Day and night is a very important thing on the whole being a vampire part of the game and adding a way to wait time to pass wherever you are would break the immersion and also the proposal of needing to make sure that you are well fed before straying out of the town for too long.

bluestar60

Nov 30, 2018
Is all the weapons and armor available in the store?
Giving us access to everything for the sake of the demo/alpha allows us to test them all
try them on ect
If there in the store then we have to play enough to earn the money to be able to buy them so it gives us a fun goal of getting all the weapons and wearables. Specially if you tweak there prices abit, a chest in the inn/room where your living where we can store stuff would be nice to keep inventory clean and organized. Just a chest with infinite room for now

This can then be removed later when all the outfits are implemented where there meant to be obtained from

Could you make the crypt respawn and make it accessible from the outside so we can 'replay' it for leveling and combat testing?
Could maybe add random extra spawns or make the number of enemy spawns in there based on player level to ramp up difficulty

This is for the sake of having stuff to do in the demo to tie us over till the next update adds more story, this is without requiring any extra code and time just something quickly implemented that gives more to do for the sake of now rather then later
Wile you work on story and locations we can just get the most out of whats already there

Then you can remove it later when its no longer necessary, just simply allowing us to replay the dungeon with increasing difficulty gives us plenty to do and to test combat as much as we want, you could add more random loot ect
You could always do smaller content updates if you add more armor or weaposn and add them to the spawns in the dungeon
ect

A demo only farming dungeon, can be used as a general testing ground for balancing tweaks new combat stuff and can add new armors and weapons into the loot spawns ect

New locations and enemy's would be better ofcorse but you have a dungeon already there may as well use it to its fullest :D

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Is all the weapons and armor available in the store?
Giving us access to everything for the sake of the demo/alpha allows us to test them all
try them on ect
If there in the store then we have to play enough to earn the money to be able to buy them so it gives us a fun goal of getting all the weapons and wearables. Specially if you tweak there prices abit, a chest in the inn/room where your living where we can store stuff would be nice to keep inventory clean and organized. Just a chest with infinite room for now

This can then be removed later when all the outfits are implemented where there meant to be obtained from

Could you make the crypt respawn and make it accessible from the outside so we can 'replay' it for leveling and combat testing?
Could maybe add random extra spawns or make the number of enemy spawns in there based on player level to ramp up difficulty

This is for the sake of having stuff to do in the demo to tie us over till the next update adds more story, this is without requiring any extra code and time just something quickly implemented that gives more to do for the sake of now rather then later
Wile you work on story and locations we can just get the most out of whats already there

Then you can remove it later when its no longer necessary, just simply allowing us to replay the dungeon with increasing difficulty gives us plenty to do and to test combat as much as we want, you could add more random loot ect
You could always do smaller content updates if you add more armor or weaposn and add them to the spawns in the dungeon
ect

A demo only farming dungeon, can be used as a general testing ground for balancing tweaks new combat stuff and can add new armors and weapons into the loot spawns ect

New locations and enemy's would be better ofcorse but you have a dungeon already there may as well use it to its fullest :D
There will be more situations with acolytes where you'll be able to get their armours. The idea is good but at this moment it's a bit hard for us to add too many placeholders because the more placeholders we have, the more things we will need to remember to tweak as we move forward with the development.

zero987

Apr 13, 2019
can someone say how many quests are in the game. I have done the Inn courtesan event to get info for the blood gem, hunted 5 wolves for the blacksmith and gotten 2 blood packs from the nurse. is there anything that I missed because in the pictures you can see kalyskah and James in cave then the demon and kalyskah in the middle of the city so I don't know if I missed any quests

Last edited:

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
can someone say how many quests are in the game. I have done the Inn coir esan event to get info for the blood gem, hunted 5 wolves for the blacksmith and gotten 2 blood packs from the nurse. is there anything that I missed because in the pictures you can se kalyskah and James in cave then the demon and kalyskah in the middle of the city so I don't know if I missed any quests
Those are all the quests so far. We have been building the base of the game mechanics for quite a while, now we are adding the quests =)

• Love
Reactions: Centrophy
Dec 13, 2019
tryed new version of kalyskah 0.13.1 and i found that it's bugged as hell... apart from that game's nearly unplayable due to the "stamina disaster". the dev had almost 1400/1500 patreons, now he has less than 400: very pity, this game could be a greath one... let's hope the dev will fix the bugs and bring this game to a true level worty of the trust he wasn't able to maintain.

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
Haven't encountered these game breaking bugs or whatever. Just the usual minor bugs and lack of polish. As I said in an earlier post, combat is easier than ever with the new summons and force push. It runs mostly fine on my laptop.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
What is stamina disaster ?
I couldn't find the post of the person to reply directly, but they might have meant the fact that attacks now will cost stamina to avoid button smashing and make the game in general more challenging.

Haven't encountered these game breaking bugs or whatever. Just the usual minor bugs and lack of polish. As I said in an earlier post, combat is easier than ever with the new summons and force push. It runs mostly fine on my laptop.
We changed the way stamina works in combat to make spamming attacks more punishable and the humanoid NPCs will try to avoid and block attacks. But those changes are not on the current public demo yet. We are finishing a quest before we release a new public demo.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
so when is next public release like in a month or next build ?
Probably next month. This month we are wrapping the patreon demo and next month we'll start to work on the second part of the new quest and also on new features, so we will release what we've done so far to the public.

Dec 13, 2019
What is stamina disaster ?
the stamina bar runs out too fast... 4 hits and you must escape to replinish it. this way its nearly impossible to defeat 1 single foe with one fight, you have to escape and replinish the bar, fight back and escape again and again to replinish the stamina bar... its ridicolous. the tavern event doesn't work anymore, tons of bugs everywhere, CAN'T even hit enemies anymore, game's unbalanced as hell... to cut it short, this last release is a total disaster. very pity, it colud be an awesome game.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
the stamina bar runs out too fast... 4 hits and you must escape to replinish it. this way its nearly impossible to defeat 1 single foe with one fight, you have to escape and replinish the bar, fight back and escape again and again to replinish the stamina bar... its ridicolous. the tavern event doesn't work anymore, tons of bugs everywhere, CAN'T even hit enemies anymore, game's unbalanced as hell... to cut it short, this last release is a total disaster. very pity, it colud be an awesome game.
If you increase your dexterity you'll have more stamina, many people have enjoyed the change because it improved the pacing of combat, decreasing the amount of button smashing and improving the overall difficulty of the fights. Although we are still toning the stamina costs and preparing the mechanics to soon have the magic system, I think in this case it's more a matter of taste.
About bugs, we've been able to run the game for several months without any game-breaking bugs (other than a cinematic that won't trigger if you don't clean your old save files). If you can be more specific and list the problems you've found, maybe we can investigate and fix it. Note that by "non-game breaking" bugs I mean things that will crash your game or make you need to reload an earlier save because you got stuck somewhere or have fallen under the level. Animation bugs, NPC movement etc, those are more a matter of polishment.

Jul 21, 2019
Suggestion:
-You can add an option before the players starts the game to either enable/disable this new feature of moves costing stamina.

-Or maybe you can disable that feature on easiest difficulty setting.

Dec 13, 2019
If you increase your dexterity you'll have more stamina, many people have enjoyed the change because it improved the pacing of combat, decreasing the amount of button smashing and improving the overall difficulty of the fights. Although we are still toning the stamina costs and preparing the mechanics to soon have the magic system, I think in this case it's more a matter of taste.
About bugs, we've been able to run the game for several months without any game-breaking bugs (other than a cinematic that won't trigger if you don't clean your old save files). If you can be more specific and list the problems you've found, maybe we can investigate and fix it. Note that by "non-game breaking" bugs I mean things that will crash your game or make you need to reload an earlier save because you got stuck somewhere or have fallen under the level. Animation bugs, NPC movement etc, those are more a matter of polishment.
some iusses i found, hope to be of some help: if you try to fight wolves you can't hit those guys even if you lock them with the mouse button, i tryed with iron sword, big 2 handed swords and with estoc but the result is that i can't hit them no matter how i try... game somehow doesn't detect impacts anymore; some sex animations are broken; sometimes the game fail to build a new save if you rewrite an existing one (simple way to fix it: delete alla saves and save from scratch every time, this way game has no iusse); no matter if you use high armor stats or if you go completedly naked: armor stat isn't being calculted by game process; an error occurs if you try to go to bed with the guy in the tavern ang game freezes, only way to restore desktop/win is by hardware reset

several aspects of game i feel too unbalanced: stamina bar, too few stamina; a single wolf can olbiterate you in 2-3 shots, a single bear and you're hystory; due to stamina bar "iusse" every foe you encounter expecially seekers foes can eat you for breakfast; block animations and block system is real bad, in my opinion it should be reworked asap; impossible to bite a foe straightforward standing, only if taken behind his shoulders; damage the player can do to enemyes is far too few compared to the damage you'll receive from them even in "story mode";

apart from that game is quite "empty": very poor to do... anyway i don't know how much time has this project so i cound not use criticism about that, let's just say that i'd like to see more of the hystory and stuff in general within the next updates.

this game could be a very good one, i simply love it and i'd love to see it finished... could be a real gem if polished from iusses/bugs, only thing i can say about it to the devs is try to work you best and believe in your project: hard work and a strong willpower can do miracles if mixed togheter.

peace dudes.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
some iusses i found, hope to be of some help: if you try to fight wolves you can't hit those guys even if you lock them with the mouse button, i tryed with iron sword, big 2 handed swords and with estoc but the result is that i can't hit them no matter how i try... game somehow doesn't detect impacts anymore; some sex animations are broken; sometimes the game fail to build a new save if you rewrite an existing one (simple way to fix it: delete alla saves and save from scratch every time, this way game has no iusse); no matter if you use high armor stats or if you go completedly naked: armor stat isn't being calculted by game process; an error occurs if you try to go to bed with the guy in the tavern ang game freezes, only way to restore desktop/win is by hardware reset

several aspects of game i feel too unbalanced: stamina bar, too few stamina; a single wolf can olbiterate you in 2-3 shots, a single bear and you're hystory; due to stamina bar "iusse" every foe you encounter expecially seekers foes can eat you for breakfast; block animations and block system is real bad, in my opinion it should be reworked asap; impossible to bite a foe straightforward standing, only if taken behind his shoulders; damage the player can do to enemyes is far too few compared to the damage you'll receive from them even in "story mode";

apart from that game is quite "empty": very poor to do... anyway i don't know how much time has this project so i cound not use criticism about that, let's just say that i'd like to see more of the hystory and stuff in general within the next updates.

this game could be a very good one, i simply love it and i'd love to see it finished... could be a real gem if polished from iusses/bugs, only thing i can say about it to the devs is try to work you best and believe in your project: hard work and a strong willpower can do miracles if mixed togheter.

peace dudes.
Thank you for your feedback, now you've gave me things to think about. I might see if I can increase Kalyskah's stamina per dexterity point if you are in story mode so player's won't have a hard time when they want to focus only on following the story.

About blocking, the way we have it in mind is that parrying is a important thing to try to master because then you can stag enemies that are relentlessly attacking you, and then punish them. The parry window is 1 or 2 seconds when you pres the block button if I'm not mistaken so it shouldn't be too hard to get the hang of it. I know that many people are not aware of this mechanic and on the most recent patch we added a mini-tutorial-window that shows up when you start a new game.

Biting enemies have been reworked a little bit but it's neither on the patreon or the public version yet. We have made it more reliable because before the changes we did, you had to come behind the enemy and sometimes the input wouldn't work. Now we have made that you can come from behind the enemy in an 45º angle or something of the sort and bite them. And we also made possible to bite people at the city, although crime\punishment system has not been implemented yet.

About the emptiness of the world, we were building up the mechanics before focusing on story, and now that the basic mechanics are almost "done" (although they lack polishment) we can move forward with the story and add new quests on every patch we do. So if you come back in a few months you might find many new stories to play.

And thank you very much for the kind words at the end of your feedback because it shows that your intention was to give us hints to improve a game that you'd like to play, and that's very important for us: To make people have fun while playing our game. My suggestion would be that maybe if you find something that displeases you in the future, you could start by listing them on the same way you just listed because then we will know exactly what are the issues you have found. Consider join our Discord so we can talk in a more face to face manner. And there you can also open tickets to report issues that you find and we will have this as some sort of "task list" for every patch =)
The discord is this one:

And here are some random screenshots of new areas and NPCs we've been working on the last month. We have a 30 page quest written for them and we'll start to work on their quests in November or December.

ScreenShot00025.png ScreenShot00026.png ScreenShot00017.jpg

TvTone

Sep 3, 2019
I must agree with the post about Stamina. I think you made a mistake changing it to drain so quick, especially for new players, and even myself I would definitely lose interest having to run away and rest and come back to fight a simpleton bandit that a powerful vampire would deal with effortlessly.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
I must agree with the post about Stamina. I think you made a mistake changing it to drain so quick, especially for new players, and even myself I would definitely lose interest having to run away and rest and come back to fight a simpleton bandit that a powerful vampire would deal with effortlessly.
The game is under development and feedback is always appreciated. I'll test reducing 30% or something like that on the current stamina cost for attacks and see how it turns out =)

3.30 star(s) 42 Votes