3.20 star(s) 16 Votes

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
when the protagonist got naked in the battle this error message keep pop out, then after the battle the game just broken, anyone know how to solve this situation??
it's working as intended
i mean wtf anon why would you want to see naked girl ???

decado

Feb 16, 2019
So here it is boys. My preliminary patch for this game.

I translated the UI some more so it looks cleaner and all the menus are translated, also applied good ole wordwrap and confirmed it is working so you can see all the poetry and not just some of it. :)

I also took a crack at fixing the problems with the static animations. HOWEVER I could not test it nor do I know if what I did will fix anything so be aware that if you see an issue let me know so i can try something else. I used some new idea that I never tried before to streamline the changes I did made some bulk changes to the code and I worry I might of fucked up (didn't see a problem but you know how that is). I would recommend before you apply this patch BACKUP YOUR DATA FOLDER BEFORE YOU OVERWRITE IT.

I don't expect problems, but I don't want people having issues and this will make things easier for you if a problem does occur to get back to playing. The broken animations are a pain but better then a broken game. As always, if you find bugs; tell me. If you find bugs after applying my patch definitely tell me.
love on you for all your work^^

Reactions: Silentce

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Hate to break it to you, but this game's been out for a year and nobody gave a shit even about the mtl translation which was available for 3 months at least. I finally made it into a proper thread cause some folks in the translation request asked me to.
A year is barely enough time to get it translated even if somebody was woking on it from day 1. I see no point in why ppl cant wait a couple of years or at least keep the MTL to themselves till then. The prequel to this was translated so why cant ppl just show a little bit of patience? So many great games are getting their futures smashed by this crap.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
A year is barely enough time to get it translated even if somebody was woking on it from day 1. I see no point in why ppl cant wait a couple of years or at least keep the MTL to themselves till then. The prequel to this was translated so why cant ppl just show a little bit of patience? So many great games are getting their futures smashed by this crap.
Because a) I have nothing to do with the folks doing the proper translation (who according to you and others will eventually release a proper one), b) a year may be nothing to you, but not to most people, and c) I made this thread specifically because people requested it, and needed someone willing to put a bit of effort into making a proper thread.

If you don't like it and will get your proper translation either way, no point in bitching here.

sihdna

Mar 9, 2019
eyyy its finally official ... thank you ^^
@Vitklim i'm sorry i cant really help with the tag or anything, the truth is I haven't play this game
but judging by the 1st game and the artstyle i have feeling its gona be good game :D

Kamizan

Jul 25, 2020
hey my favorite game ! sadly it's MTL so let's wait a year or two before we get a good TL

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
eyyy its finally official ... thank you ^^
@Vitklim i'm sorry i cant really help with the tag or anything, the truth is I haven't play this game
but judging by the 1st game and the artstyle i have feeling its gona be good game :D
Not to worry man, I've already sorted out the tags. Have fun.

MooseMager

Dec 11, 2017
Because a) I have nothing to do with the folks doing the proper translation (who according to you and others will eventually release a proper one), b) a year may be nothing to you, but not to most people, and c) I made this thread specifically because people requested it, and needed someone willing to put a bit of effort into making a proper thread.

If you don't like it and will get your proper translation either way, no point in bitching here.
This. A million times this.
Often times I just attribute the people who make those sorts of comments complaining of MTL's to be selfish and uncaring of other people's views or opinions.
If someone takes the time to create it, it literally does zero harm, unless you count the individuals that come out of the wood work to complain of MTL's for the sake of MTL, and nothing to do with the game itself.
It's not the MTL's that damage a games image or progress, if anything it brings light and more crowds to the game, and if a developer see's that, they might think they can make money by having an english translation for future/past/current games.

It's the community that comes in and does nothing but complain and badger/insult the brave souls who take the time out of their day to organize/create work for others to enjoy.

Would you work on something for free if the people benefiting from it do nothing but insult you or put you down?

It's super simple to not comment or join in on a thread that is advertised as MTL.
Don't like the MTL version? create your own translation/thread for the game or PAY someone to do it for you, then you can treat them however you want as long as they are willing to put up with it while you PAY them.

Exactly. If you wait for those guys at kagura you will be waiting for years for something that is already out or could be reworked and manually translated by another person twice over. KG likes to bite off more then it can chew. they already have a few years worth of backlog and with every game they announce the just end up making more promises they aren't going to keep. Fuck em, just because they decided to claim another game they won't finish means less then nothing. If you wait for them, you are gonna be waiting a very long time in most cases.
It's like the holy grail. People willing to wait for something that may not actually ever end up happening.
Personally I have no issues with the MTL, its decipherable if you have a basic understanding of how Japanese writing is different in how things are explained.

No, I get that. I played the first game. I can't lose here. The game auto-counters attacks etc. I have all moves unlocked. Someone else said to get some instant self defeat item. But like you said I need to lose the first fight. It's fine though, thanks for the help. I'll just play it then CG rip it or something.
The first fight(Intro in the school, you don't lose that fight)
It's the fights that take place inside the abandoned school portion that you aim to lose in.
Enemies still only do 1 damage while clothed, but they have the addition of grabbing you which will streamline the process of you losing. The battlefuck system is great in that regard.
They may be referring to the first BOSS fight that happens once you enter the abandoned school, by losing THAT fight it sets you on the defeat route.
You start out OP (I assume virgin victory in original ouka is canon) and as the game progresses you become weaker from defeat/scenes.

Last edited:

undef1ned

Oct 1, 2017
So here it is boys. My preliminary patch for this game.

I translated the UI some more so it looks cleaner and all the menus are translated, also applied good ole wordwrap and confirmed it is working so you can see all the poetry and not just some of it. :)

I also took a crack at fixing the problems with the static animations. HOWEVER I could not test it nor do I know if what I did will fix anything so be aware that if you see an issue let me know so i can try something else. I used some new idea that I never tried before to streamline the changes I did made some bulk changes to the code and I worry I might of fucked up (didn't see a problem but you know how that is). I would recommend before you apply this patch BACKUP YOUR DATA FOLDER BEFORE YOU OVERWRITE IT.

I don't expect problems, but I don't want people having issues and this will make things easier for you if a problem does occur to get back to playing. The broken animations are a pain but better then a broken game. As always, if you find bugs; tell me. If you find bugs after applying my patch definitely tell me.
Thanks for your effort man, your files fixed the "clothes" failure and most of the battle issues, however the battle-sex animations still don't show like they do in the japanese version. What I mean is they are still just static images and not animations like they should be. No way to fix it I suppose?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Thanks for your effort man, your files fixed the "clothes" failure and most of the battle issues, however the battle-sex animations still don't show like they do in the japanese version. What I mean is they are still just static images and not animations like they should be. No way to fix it I suppose?
There is a way to fix it. Just requires finding the animations and finding out where the fuck up is. I haven't gotten any information or feedback up till now to even start looking at it. If what I did, didn't fix it then odds are there is something else relating to battle fuck somewhere else that needs to be tweaked. Finding it is the hard part though.

I would ask when are the animations supposed to play? During fights? After being defeated in fights? During scripted events? I Which animations don't work if some do? These are all things I need to know because I am not going to dig through the entire game looking and comparing code. I don't have the time to do that unfortunately and I would say fuck it before I ever got through the entire code lol.

Oct 16, 2017
There is a way to fix it. Just requires finding the animations and finding out where the fuck up is. I haven't gotten any information or feedback up till now to even start looking at it. If what I did, didn't fix it then odds are there is something else relating to battle fuck somewhere else that needs to be tweaked. Finding it is the hard part though.

I would ask when are the animations supposed to play? During fights? After being defeated in fights? During scripted events? I Which animations don't work if some do? These are all things I need to know because I am not going to dig through the entire game looking and comparing code. I don't have the time to do that unfortunately and I would say fuck it before I ever got through the entire code lol.
Common events 12 and 14 are probably what you're looking for. They contain plugin calls that cause the animations to play. Haven't looked at the translation, but if it was automated, it likely translated the plugin calls, which were in Japanese.

And the animations are supposed to play during combat (like in the first Ouka RPG).
Edit, feel free to message me on discord if you want to discuss in more detail.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Common events 12 and 14 are probably what you're looking for. They contain plugin calls that cause the animations to play. Haven't looked at the translation, but if it was automated, it likely translated the plugin calls, which were in Japanese.

And the animations are supposed to play during combat (like in the first Ouka RPG).
Edit, feel free to message me on discord if you want to discuss in more detail.
yeah I am pretty sure I fixed 12 and 14 on my first pass. that and a few others. I would have to check but I recall them being on my list (there were like 5 common events I tweaked.)

EDIT: I think I found the problem. Common event 16 has animations plugin commands that were translated. I'll fix those and we can see what happens.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Check your settings, for some reason mine were defaulted to zero.
Uh, that one's on me, I normally play without sound. Unfortunately, I'm in control of only half of the download links, so I can't really fix it properly.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Uh, that one's on me, I normally play without sound. Unfortunately, I'm in control of only half of the download links, so I can't really fix it properly.
if you need to change something just change the links you have control over, remove all the other links and let me know or create a report asking us to make new mirrors. I'll be active for the next few hours so if something needs to be done on the thread I can take care of it if you just quote me to get my attention.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I just updated my patch with an "experimental change" I say experimental because I deleted the japanese version I was working with and in an effort to not spend an hour downloading it again I cannibalized plugin scripts from another common event and changed the values to match what I think I needed. Will this work? I hope so? will it fuck shit up? Maybe. Should you backup your game files before you try using it? Please do. If someone brave tests this and makes sure it does what I wanted it to and breaks nothing then i will add it to the master copy of the patch. Till then use this file... IF YOU DARE~ (nah it should be fine but I want to make sure everyone knows I haven't tested the change.)

Reactions: Jhony234

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
if you need to change something just change the links you have control over, remove all the other links and let me know or create a report asking us to make new mirrors. I'll be active for the next few hours so if something needs to be done on the thread I can take care of it if you just quote me to get my attention.
Done.

3.20 star(s) 16 Votes